Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

lwien

If it keeps rattling, caseball, it will just continually get worse until it can't be fixed. I have a little rattle in my 2 year old PD when it's cooled off. No rattle when it's warmed up. I've tapped it down with a hammer, but it returns, so now, whenever I pick it up to use, I don't shake it to cause a rattle. It's been this way for about a year now and it hasn't got any worse. If you have a rattle, just handle it with care so things don't shake around inside.

lwien,

caseball2051

I think mine is only rattling when its off as well. Im not sure. Ive never rattled it when it was on come to think of it. Ill have to try that next tiem its on.

caseball2051,

vapormonkey

wood shrinks over time when constantly heated...it's normal. It shouldn't be an issue as far as results should it?

vapormonkey,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
caseball2051 said:
I think mine is only rattling when its off as well. Im not sure. Ive never rattled it when it was on come to think of it. Ill have to try that next tiem its on.

my vapes rattle when they are unplugged. When they got heat in them, all that loose stuff tightens up and rattle is gone.

DevoTheStrange,

tc1

Rick was kind enough to email me and offer me a tite kit to see if we can't restore my original Zap!
His customer service reminds me of one of the reasons I bought the Zap in the first place :)

Kudos to Rick!

tc1,

finch

lwien said:
If it keeps rattling, caseball, it will just continually get worse until it can't be fixed. I have a little rattle in my 2 year old PD when it's cooled off. No rattle when it's warmed up. I've tapped it down with a hammer, but it returns, so now, whenever I pick it up to use, I don't shake it to cause a rattle. It's been this way for about a year now and it hasn't got any worse. If you have a rattle, just handle it with care so things don't shake around inside.

Oh really good points. I have a little rattle in my MZ also, but I tend to be careless with it so I might be making it worse. Even though it is a rugged little vape, it should still be handled with care. I'll be more aware of this now like lwein

Speaking of, I feel like I've easily learned the most about vaping from reading Lwein's posts, the man knows it all!! Since I started lurking months ago I always seek out that little head-bobbin kitty

finch,

lwien

finch said:
Speaking of, I feel like I've easily learned the most about vaping from reading Lwein's posts, the man knows it all!! Since I started lurking months ago I always seek out that little head-bobbin kitty

Awww.......... Thanks............. (blush).

But believe me, the more you know, the more you find out how much you don't know. But thanks. I'll take it. ;)

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
Thanks to a few customers, I realized my discount code has expired so I have pulled it down.
I will be pondering some sort of Winter Solstice special over the next few days.
I have an idea or two but am also open to suggestions.

Rick,
I got my zap yesterday, when I first used it I thought I had been ripped off. After a few attempts I gotta good pull and figured out how to pack it to my liking. I am packing very lightly and usually gettin two or three good pulls. I think as I spend more time with it, the more I will like it. Overall I am well pleased with the product I received. Peace ppl.

PanicFreak,
I got my zap yesterday, when I first used it I thought I had been ripped off. After a few attempts I gotta good pull and figured out how to pack it to my liking. I am packing very lightly and usually gettin two or three good pulls. I think as I spend more time with it, the more I will like it. Overall I am well pleased with the product I received. Peace ppl.

PanicFreak,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Panic, I'm glad you got your new Zap and are enjoying it. The first few times can be tricky. The stem pack is critical for good, easy hits. You don't want to pack it too tightly. I find if I pack it loosely, then place my finger over the tip and draw in to seat it, it works best. Also, I find I can get a few more hits than 3 - 4 when I have a fully loaded stem. Try blowing into an indirect light. You can see your vapor much better that way and it might surprise you how much you are getting out of a stem full.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes
I will try your techniques out,mom. It is def different from smoking, takes a little gettin used to, I had a friend last night claimed he couldnt get nothing out of It.

PanicFreak,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
PanicFreak said:
I will try your techniques out,mom. It is def different from smoking, takes a little gettin used to, I had a friend last night claimed he couldnt get nothing out of It.

Also take into consideration your body absorbs vapor differently. It is actually slower to absorb vapor than it is with smoke. So you want to hold your hits in longer. This is a case where the longer you hold it in the more effective it will be, unlike smoke where your body will absorb all its going to absorb pretty quickly. Now don't hold it in until you get light headed. Most people prefer to hold it in for 5-8 seconds or a bit longer.
If you inhale and immediately exhale you won't feel the full potential of the effects.

DevoTheStrange,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
PanicFreak said:

Also, if you are just converting from smoking, you are "missing" those big, choking hits. This is often a problem for people converting over to vaping. In addition, the high is a little different which also takes a little getting used to.

Give it time and practice. And feel free to ask questions. I had them myself in the beginning, as you will see if you go back far enough in this thread. There are a couple of different ways to pack your stem too. One method is to suck the herb in like a straw. Another is to push down into the herb. Find the way that works best for you; the method that gives you the easiest hits.

The stem you use can make a difference too. As a newbie to vaping, and to this particular type of vape, you might find that the glass Tooties would be easier. Or even just using some silicon tubing attached to your stem. Also, Ed makes some wooden tubes for the Zap that have a larger diameter stem which allows for greater draw.

Have fun practicing! :D

momofthegoons,
Yea I ordered a plane Jane 9 inch add on piece, I am lookin at the tooties too. I am gonna purchase some of eds tubes too. I used the vape earlier an that was Prolly the best it hit since I have had It. You really do have to get used to It

PanicFreak,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

I'm new to vaporizing but learning quickly. Hope I can help the community.

I like to think about vaporizing the way that the various oils are extracted from crude oil. The lighter sweeter oils are released at a lower temperature. If you start vaporizing at too high of temperature, you will miss the flavor of those oils.

A very simple way to lower the temperature is to start by placing the vapor tube into the heat exchanger tube at a 45 degree angle. This will prevent the vapor tube from going all the way into the heat exchanger tube. The draw through the vapor tube will be much easier and you will be mixing some cool air with the hot heat exchanger air. Take long deep draws (which are easier now) and slow roast the herb. Take your time and enjoy it. As the lighter oils are depleted, you will need to push the vapor tube farther into the heat exchanger tube to get higher temperatures. Insert it just far enough to still get an easy draw.
As all of the oils are being depleted the material will resist the passage of air. The milkshake draw may become necessary at the very end. I get 10 or more good draws this way. It all depends upon the herb of course.
The screen in the vapor tube can be cleaned by removing and then loosely insert back into the vapor tube so that air freely moves around it. Take a couple of deep draws in the heat exchanger tube and vaporize everything on the screen. A clean screen is the way to a happy and successful vaporization.

Alan,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Glad to hear you got your piece Panic, I see that you are learning how to use it, it will take some time as the others here have told you, you will learn it the more you use it. Do ask questions and read around here, all the knowledge you need is in here and if isnt, just ask, someone has an answer. Everyone has been really helpful to me here.

A few weeks back I got Rick to make me a hella figured WalnutZap as a gift for my cuz, I have been working it through its breakin process so it will be good to go when he gets it in his hands. He has been a burner from way way back, He got me high my first time fishing when I was a young shit, he has only done vapor once and is really excited to get this unit I have hinted to a few times. Also got a sweet CherryZap should be here today from what Rick has told me, OOOOOO I cant wait to open that baby up, gave my MahoeZap to my photographer for swapping out work, he used it so much the tip that sticks out of the unit broke the solder joint and fell into the unit, he got needle nose pliers and all that and worked this poor thing over. You cant let anyone loose on one of these that does not know what they are doing, its all FUCKED UP, sad to say!

So am gonna get some great shots of the two together, the cherry and the walnut, should make a great contrast in flavors.

I hope all are well out there, its the first day of rifle season down here for deer, so me and my oldest are gonna get out and whack us some fresh viddles this afternoon. We dont discriminate, sausage is sausage!

Ed's TnT,

okam

Dropping by, it's been a while. I read the posts on shaking/rattling. I never noticed it, but mine does this too and it must have been recently. When it's heated up you can still hear it rattle. I'm a bit worried about this now :o

okam,

Spacenstein

Wow! This thread is really really informative!

I have one silly question, though.. If I plug my MyrtleZap in and let it heat up for 30+ mins and maybe even take a few hits-- Would I then be able to casually unplug it and move to a different room with out having to let it pre-heat for another 30 mins when I power it back up? (assuming the time it's been unplugged is < 5mins)

-Spacenstein

Spacenstein,

caseball2051

you might have to wait a few extra minutes before its at full heat, but you wont have to wait anywhere close to the normal 30-45 initial heat up time

caseball2051,
Hope all is well with all you peeps. Ed, dude I have gotten the hang of vapin fo sho, my zap throws out some mean hits now that I have gotten used to it. My old man even gave her try and liked it very much. I might have to get one for him soon, I would have to getta black walnut one to match his eds tnt dugout and toke. peace out ppls.

PanicFreak,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I knew you would get it Panic, once you do its all down hill from there, I am sure you will enjoy many vape sessions from now on.

Oh, buying Zaps is like a freakin addiction, once you get one, use it for a while, and then see what else Rick is turning out, you got to have another, and then you got to turn everyone you know on to it. It just aint right!

Shit, I need more to people to burn, not vape!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh, buying Zaps is like a freakin addiction, once you get one, use it for a while, and then see what else Rick is turning out, you got to have another, and then you got to turn everyone you know on to it. It just aint right!
Shit, I need more to people to burn, not vape!

:lol: As you know, I happen to have this particular addiction. Every time Rick, or anyone for that matter, shows a new beauty, I want another one. It's because they are usually all so different. :rolleyes: Such a problem.....

We're just going to have to get a few more people turned on to your tubes Ed. I had a bonding session with my walnut Zap and my myrtle stem a few moments ago. Pure bliss.

Panic, practice makes perfect, eh? I had no doubt you would get the hang of it. Now you are an official Zap head. :p

momofthegoons,

Spacenstein

Rick said:
Thanks to a few customers, I realized my discount code has expired so I have pulled it down.
I will be pondering some sort of Winter Solstice special over the next few days.
I have an idea or two but am also open to suggestions.

Oh goodie! I hope I make my purchase in time to reap the benefits of whatever you have in store!

Spacenstein,
Top Bottom