Arizer Solo

DrNick420

Planet Vape makes great GonGs! But as someone who was know for vaping through water, I must confess I haven't bonged in 2-3 years. The reason is, water dilutes vapor and requires more herb to obtain the same high. In addition, bongs were invented to curb the harshness of smoking. But vaping is far less harsh. Although I have a first rate bong collection I came to the conclusion that bonging with a vape is overkill.

I had this releavtion a while ago.

so i went on to dry vape only for a few months and got a bad case of dehydration on my air paths, lmao.

So I went back to investigate my bong vape situation... no flavor no matter whta i did!

the problem: all my stuff was high dilution! many percs, fancy ashcatchers, all sorts of shit meant to smoothen out combustion hits!

my favorite piece to vape out of bar none is an ABG banger hanger i bought from a fellow FC'er. it is a beak design and kicks ass. minimal diffusion. just one buiilt in downstem with two tiny slits.

it doesn't accomodate much water and rocks hard for vapor rips.

it's perfect for me because you don't need much water to filtrrate out whatever it is that irritates you, and is little enough water the flavor and fulleffect still stines through.

i break out the bigger bongs for shit like when i'm trying to do something dumb like rip a full bowl at once with my LSV on high.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
@OF I bow down to your superior knowledge of course, but I have always fought my side of this argument...

I am certain vaping through water does lower the amount of psychoactive compounds within the final, inhaled vapour....

Surely that vape snot is proof of this????

Although the oils wont dissolve in water, I do believe they will condense, and clump together, becoming too heavy to be suspended in air...

Meaning they stay in the bubbler as vape snot and you lose out....

Obviously I'm aware that a whip has a surface that actives will condense on too, iv worked out that the surface area is less in the whip....

I have tried to put this argument across before, but no body seems to agree with me....

I have a consistent tolerance, and have been vaping the same strain for a year...

There are not many variable in my high, so I'm not bad at comparing, and from exactly the same load, under the ae conditions, I definitely get higher without water...
Dissolving into a solvent and condensating are two different things. Cannabinoids are NOT water soluble to any useful degree. Very very mildly soluble to the point where you won't notice any losses from dissolving into water. It works with ethanol like how OF was saying because ethanol isn't water. What you do lose to water is the terpenes because those are water solubles... Hence why water curing removes the taste and smell of weed but not the cannabinoid content.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I am aware dissolving and condensing are very different things, my point is, I'm sure some emulsification occurs when the actives condense, leaving vape snot, which surely contains actives....

I can clearly tell the difference between wet and dry, how else can that be explained....

kellya86,

OF

What you do lose to water is the terpenes because those are water solubles... Hence why water curing removes the taste and smell of weed but not the cannabinoid content.

Excellent observation!!! I'm reminded of why we keep you around here...... Q man you're a key resource in this merry band for sure. You have broad experience but more importantly understand much of what's happening and can relate similar data to advantage......like here? We could use more of that IMO, any more like you at home?

FWIW I think a huge advantage to WTs, more so than cooling for most, is the way they hydrate the vapor path so it's not 'dead dry' coming out. Adding back just a small amount of the missing water (a damp pipe cleaner in a Solo stem for instance) can make a big difference when you throat is raw?

OF

Pappy

shmaporist
I'm not sure I agree with that, the 'losing vapor' part. Yes, you lose some of the taste and other relatively unimportant part of the vapor but the important parts, THC and such, don't dissolve in water. There might be some still in the wax and other 'heavy stuff', but basically no THC in the water since it won't dissolve like it does in say alcohols.
It's the extra effort and time, the exertion and breath it takes to draw vapor through water, plus the physical process of the vapor going through the vape, to the bong, through the water, out the bong, and into your lungs, plus the staleness from the milliseconds taking this whole process to unfold, that subtracts from the immediacy of instantaneously inhaling fresh vapor directly from the oven straight into your lungs. I must beg to differ there is "no" dilution filtering vapor through water, but your point is well taken. :)

Pappy's Bong Video Research
https://www.youtube.com/user/ClubMJW/videos

Last edited:

happyvapeman

I get a page full of videos to choose from with this link...is there one specific one you suggest?

Dissolving into a solvent and condensating are two different things. Cannabinoids are NOT water soluble to any useful degree. Very very mildly soluble to the point where you won't notice any losses from dissolving into water. It works with ethanol like how OF was saying because ethanol isn't water. What you do lose to water is the terpenes because those are water solubles... Hence why water curing removes the taste and smell of weed but not the cannabinoid content.

You know for me it really comes down to subjectivity and what works for individuals. I`ve got some PK that is very rich in terpenes...I open the cure jar and it smells like lemon/lime (very powerfully)...

My usual set up is just enough water in my D020 to cover the comb...bottom line is those wonderful terpenes come through even with the bubbler...a little smoother maybe but still very distinct!...

Those wonderful terpenes is one reason I like my Solo so much...all that wonderful flavor and the diversity of different strains is so enjoyable...

I`ve also looked at the used water under different light sources and have never seen little sparkles of oil (cannabinoids) in suspension (I may try later with my loop though)...

So if I`m losing anything in the process it`s negligible with my set-up.

Great input from every one on this though...good fun!:tup:

Last edited:

Serial_Vapist

Arizer Solo II Arizer solo OG Xvape Avant
Is there a cure for 'stem wobble' ? I have an old Solo and the stems which used to fit so snugly when it was newer now wobble and sway like a willow tree in a hurricane (well not quite THAT bad but you get my drift ;) ). Perhaps the wobble doesn't matter, but I can't help having this feeling (perhaps falsely) that some of the fine vapors the Solo produces are escaping between the outside of the the stem and the oven walls. Being the greedy type I don't want to miss *any* vapors...

Any suggestions? Or is the wobble just the new reality we all must accept as our Solos enter midlife?

OF

Is there a cure for 'stem wobble' ?

Actually, it's a feature. Seriously. It allows you to tip the stem to control the draw. If you don't like that, Air is probably more for you? It has 3 seals, not one, so it holds more firmly.

I wouldn't worry about vapors leaking out an gaps, since you suck when you hit (well you know what I mean.....) the worse that can happen is air leaks in......and goes around the end of the stem, through the load and up to you just like it's supposed to. In fact, the PVHES from PV has 3 grooves carved in the side of the stem to increase such 'leaks'.

Some guys fit rings to 'tighten up' lose stems. This takes care and skill not to end up breaking the tabs off the bottom and is intended to keep the bent stem from rotating, not stems from wobbling.

OF

OF

Yup @CarolKing mentioned rocking the stem to control the Solo`s draw and I do it all the time now...helps me find the 'sweet spot' in the draw (just the right mix of air and vapor)...

You know it's funny (at least to me), when I first read of this on this forum I decided to give it a try only to find I'd been doing it all along? Now, of course, it's natural and automatic. Perhaps then too without realizing?

I have trouble sometimes with Air when the stem doesn't tip no matter how hard I push......

OF

uhranium

unfortunately, the 50€ car battery charger from beatit doesn't have a plug for the solo. will see later if it fits the mighty at least. Well now I got a laptop charger which is cool, but I wanted a laptop and vape charger, which would have been the bomb.

Keeping an eye on the other charger some fellow posted a few weeks back..

The beatit battery has a 12V output so it would be no problem if I find the right adapter

if paying some euro for another charger is less hassle, then in the end I'd have 1 battery only for laptop and 1 battery for vape and laptops.

I also bought the ~3200mah battery, so let's see how it goes. It gets shiped from uk, so let's be patient.

still loving the water adapter, also with warm/hot water for ultra moisture.​

Last edited:

uhranium

Found a single plug with free shipping for 2.80

We will see :)

The old cable's ability to charge is down to like 3-4%
Last weekend it took us like half an hour to get the solo into charging mode at 11pm and we were high fiving each other and were waiting for 2 hours before ever touching the thing again

Last edited:

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I always use a #113 "o" ring. For me it is required because I use an extension to help cool the vapor more, but extra weight results in constant rotating of the stem; usually right when you want to take a draw. I would advise if this route is taken, be sure to add some tiny washers under the bottom plate screws to reduce the chance of cracks forming around the screws.

sundaddy

Hello!

I have a SOLO down here with very similar, ot exactly the same behavior! :) And, it's been working like a charm (expect for those lights misbehavior) for like a year. I believe I've seen someone report similar issue over here, but you know, there are so many pages in this topic, and also I keep on forgetting things....

Cheers
Yep, used it on vacation, and it works like a champ. lights are just crazy when you first turn it on.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, it looks like my old faithful M102 has finally given up the ghost...

It lasted almost 5 years.

I'm not quite sure what's up with it, it looks like it's still functioning, but the heater won't turn on.

Hello!

I have a SOLO down here with very similar, ot exactly the same behavior! :) And, it's been working like a charm (expect for those lights misbehavior) for like a year. I believe I've seen someone report similar issue over here, but you know, there are so many pages in this topic, and also I keep on forgetting things....

Cheers
Yep, used it on vacation, and it works like a champ. lights are just crazy when you first turn it on.

I had this issue a few years ago.

I think the reset trick fixed it at one point, then it came back, then the reset trick fixed it again but I no longer had my idle light.

So if my experience is anything to go by, be careful, your solos may only have 2-3 more years of operation left in them ;)

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
Had a problem with the threads on my black Solo. The lid kept popping off just as the tension on the stem was right. I have used plumbers tape on the threads before, but this time I used just a small piece of aluminum foil off a yogurt lid.
Just right.

Top Bottom