• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Uzer

Sorry if this has already been covered in another thread but i am fairly new to vaping and not sure what to do. I want to clean my solo stem with milk do i kust like heat the milk up and leave the stem in there for a couple of hours.?? Then when i have the milk can i just use it like normal milk but it will be medicated?. Like if i make a coffee or oats/porridge will i feel the effects.

Cheers.

http://imgur.com/a/2t9DD

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Sorry if this has already been covered in another thread but i am fairly new to vaping and not sure what to do. I want to clean my solo stem with milk do i kust like heat the milk up and leave the stem in there for a couple of hours.?? Then when i have the milk can i just use it like normal milk but it will be medicated?. Like if i make a coffee or oats/porridge will i feel the effects.

Cheers.
I just scrape and vape! It doesn't taste the best and even with good sativa bud it is very sedating and sleepy but I like it before bed.

Rise&Solo

SO I am another newby to the forum and this thread and in the coming week my Solo should be arriving. I am not a total noob, since this will be my third vaporizer. I started off with a cheapy made-in-Chine box and then, when a part broke, I moved up to the Vapir Rise, which I have had for a couple of months and have it working well. But I wanted a portable and I wanted to have a back-up since I could not find a replacement part for the original cheap one.

Now I'm sure the answer already exists in this thread but I am a little daunted at the idea of reading over 30,000 messages to find it so I hope some "old hand" will take pity and help me with my question.

My question has to do with the initial charging once I get it. I have seen 2 different approaches on various sites and video reviews so I am hoping one of the experts here can set me straight. One theory (the more common one I've seen) say to fully charge it immediately for at least 4 hours, maybe overnight, before using. But elsewhere I saw someone say that you should use it until it is pretty flt, charge-wise, before charging it for the first time.

So which is really better for the battery? And if anyone has any other tips on charging to maximize battery life and performance I hope you will share them with me.

Rise&Solo,

OF

My question has to do with the initial charging once I get it. I have seen 2 different approaches on various sites and video reviews so I am hoping one of the experts here can set me straight. One theory (the more common one I've seen) say to fully charge it immediately for at least 4 hours, maybe overnight, before using. But elsewhere I saw someone say that you should use it until it is pretty flt, charge-wise, before charging it for the first time.

So which is really better for the battery? And if anyone has any other tips on charging to maximize battery life and performance I hope you will share them with me.

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forum and all the fun. Great folks around here, as you'll soon find out.

Tasty choice with Solo, well done. A serious step up.

I'm a big fan of the first approach. It should come at about 60%, 'overcharge' before the first discharge. There are two cells in the battery, for their useful life the weaker will be beat up by the stronger. The stronger the weaker is before the first cycle, the longer it lives. Because of the other in the pack it'll never recover 'lost ground'.

After that first charge, run each charge down well but not to the point of locking out. I 'read' the level when it's flashed at each start up and will go a single 'last session' with no LEDs showing but never more. It's recharges that kill them ironically if you don't crash them into deep discharge, so use every recharge.

I think that's what you were asking? As you read more you'll find that by unplugging the charger early (when the 7th LED is lit but the charge light is still flashing can double or even triple the battery life. But that's a worry for another day.

First to get it going.......

Regards,

OF

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I like the idea of the milk, cream, hot chocolate approach to capturing the Solo stem's build up. In one of the references a strainer is used as one of the final steps. I'm wondering if anyone has combined the Solo stem's capture method with some ABV to increase potency?

I'm thinking of using the Solo reclaim, removing the stem and then adding some ABV and simmering for another 5 minutes and then straining. Anyone tried this?

I'd also like to know if I could wait for this mixture to cool off and then pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze it so it won't go bad for a few weeks/months. I could then use a cube every now and then for coffee, etc. without worrying that it will go bad. Would the freezing harm the potency?

His_Highness,
Reactions: OF

Uzer

I like the idea of the milk, cream, hot chocolate approach to capturing the Solo stem's build up. In one of the references a strainer is used as one of the final steps. I'm wondering if anyone has combined the Solo stem's capture method with some ABV to increase potency?

I'm thinking of using the Solo reclaim, removing the stem and then adding some ABV and simmering for another 5 minutes and then straining. Anyone tried this?

I'd also like to know if I could wait for this mixture to cool off and then pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze it so it won't go bad for a few weeks/months. I could then use a cube every now and then for coffee, etc. without worrying that it will go bad. Would the freezing harm the potency?

I skip the strainer step when I clean my stems. I find it captures alot of clumps of coddled milk which could be loaded with goodness.

I used some Lipton tea bags to simmer ABV in the milk with my stem once. I carefully opened and emptied the tea out. The bags are actually a tube so you can staple both sides and make an ABV sausage. It was definitely stronger tasting but I'm not sure if it actually increased the potency of that cup. They are all pretty darn nice as far as I'm concerned.

The stem clean method is really a single-serving type deal. Your not going to get enough to think about storing it, in my opinion.

Uzer,

Rise&Solo

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forum and all the fun. Great folks around here, as you'll soon find out.

Tasty choice with Solo, well done. A serious step up.

I'm a big fan of the first approach. It should come at about 60%, 'overcharge' before the first discharge. There are two cells in the battery, for their useful life the weaker will be beat up by the stronger. The stronger the weaker is before the first cycle, the longer it lives. Because of the other in the pack it'll never recover 'lost ground'.

After that first charge, run each charge down well but not to the point of locking out. I 'read' the level when it's flashed at each start up and will go a single 'last session' with no LEDs showing but never more. It's recharges that kill them ironically if you don't crash them into deep discharge, so use every recharge.

I think that's what you were asking? As you read more you'll find that by unplugging the charger early (when the 7th LED is lit but the charge light is still flashing can double or even triple the battery life. But that's a worry for another day.

First to get it going.......

Regards,

OF

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know. This is an amazing place. But what took you so long - it was a good 8 minutes from when I asked ;).

I have to say that reading a bunch of these pages, while only a small percent of the whole thread, has given me a great appreciation of the community that has gathered here. The almost universal positives about the Solo and the size and generosity of this community were big factors in my decision of what to get. It is really quite remarkable that a device that has been around for several years is still one of (the?) best. And it gives me great comfort to see how it has refined itself and eliminated issues in subsequent versions. I know folks with older versions might sometimes kind of resent it (I know I have in similar situations) but you really have to love the notion of iterative improvement that is real improvement, not just change.

I didn't have the luxury of doing much research before I got my Vapir Rise because I NEEDED a replacement for my broken cheapy NOW. And the Rise was the best vaporizer (well other than the volcano which I could in no way afford) that was immediately available at my local shops. The shame of desperation caused by a lack of a back-up. Still, the Rise works to my satisfaction, although there was some post-purchase regrets in reading about other, better, vapes.

This time I have really reflected on what I wanted and how I would use it. The one negative, lack of stealth, isn't important to me. The idea that this is the workhorse of the genre with a decent amount of third-party product available to enhance it, coupled with the active user base exemplified right here, made this a no-brainer choice for me.

OF

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know. This is an amazing place. But what took you so long - it was a good 8 minutes from when I asked ;).

And it gives me great comfort to see how it has refined itself and eliminated issues in subsequent versions. I know folks with older versions might sometimes kind of resent it (I know I have in similar situations) but you really have to love the notion of iterative improvement that is real improvement, not just change.

You're welcome, glad to help.

So, OK I was in the shower. Trust me there are people that would much rather have me there than answering questions here......... Strange as that might seem from there.

Ironically I think Solo has changed but improved is subjective. Early ceramic coated bowl versions are well prized. I'm sure you could swap one in good shape to a fan straight across for a brand new one. I've never had one, but I personally like the older version of what you're getting more than the latest (which I also have one of) I don't find the restriction a problem with my ('sipping') style and think the ability to use a real PA is a great feature, and it's 'charge while using' replacement kind of dangerous in that lots of people will leave it plugged in (therefore fully charged) all the time killing the battery early. I'm sure you know a cell phone or laptop/tablet that has been killed off early this way?

One thing sure it's a proven, easy to use, dependable unit. A great tool for extracting our favorite drug from it's native matrix.....

Best wishes with the Solo. We'll be here if you hit a rock.

OF

isoldesign

Unapproved commercial account.
If anyone thinks this should make a new topic for ARIZER SOLO 2014, October model, please PM me, and I do it, although it contains more like additional information to this thread.

ARIZER SOLO 2014, October model, minor contamination hazard and temp accuracy check

Although not "Miss October", but certainly worth a look, with the new arrival Arizer Air the good old Arizer Solo is probably prepared to leave the market with dignity, therefore with the final deals and price reductions you will also get the latest update in design, featuring no more exposed PCB in the heated area where air passing through.

solovid1_zpsd0830bba.png

Being one of the most well documented device it is truly hard to add anything valuable to the "Solopedia", so it never was my intention to review it again. However I made a shocking discovery, a vicious, ferociuos, malicious threat posing a tremendous amount of deadly risk causing death just by even talking about it!

Period.

Well, not quite. It is some minor contamination of solid bits. As a fact, that me, the paranoid vaper considering it minor, makes it even less minor of a hazard, well, if its in use, and your loaded stuff acts as a strainer. So cutting the story short:

After happily tearing off the lid of the packaging, I did contain myself, and started to do patient burn-offs, also gentle blowbacks. Wipe that smile. As I am working on a project creating a portable, cigar-like, convection-hybrid (!) type of a device to ingest tobacco on the first place (close to same temps as most herb vaporizers) the 185C° was a very desirable temp for me to have accurately provided for my experiments.

You might throw up by imaging my favourite, vanilla-ginger infused Virginia dark tobacco to be used first in the brand new Arizer Solo, however I felt I was actually about to verify all that gibberish in "Instructions"
smile.png

The experience was just as I expected, a nicotine rush almost popped my eyes, and flavors intense as it only connoisseurs can feel.

However, when I examined the vaped remnants, I made a strange discovery of one tiny, shiny metallic flake sitting very obviously in extraneous environment. The very dark tobacco backdrop made it even more obtrusive, immediately turning me paranoid. The flake was definately not a chip of glass, under the magnifying glass it looked more metallic than Kerry King, than I concluded it must have been left over burr from manufacture, so I've done a good clean, than back to normal state of mind. BUT! I remained concerned a bit, so just kept checking the vaped remains, and about a week or so later, IT WAS ATTACKING AGAIN! This time I found one flake like before, and an even smaller, presumably from the same source, so that was it. I've lost Houston, and - because I could not find pictures of a disassembled model on the net - I disassembled my Solo, down to the very bits.

solovid2_zpsd90579e2.png

Under the heating chamber I found a white, ceramic disk, with both the thermistor, and the heating element embedded into the same body, tighten with a screw to the steel chamber, with another disk attached to its bottom, same disk was also resting loose in the hollow place where heating chamber sitting. Both of these disks were covered with a fine, metallic (or semimetallic mineral?) coating, both crafted on the edges to fit. Along the processed edges it was obvious how loose this coating is, just by touching it with my fingertip some easily came off. I imagined immediately this material as being imported from Pripyat, causing death, suffer, and death again on contact, so I started hastily removing it (although it probably has the purpose of heat deflection), and by doing so I just realized how silly I am, as I would probably never pull a draw from my vaporizer without anything in it, which would strain more than utterly any solid contamination.

When I calmed again, and was able to think, just to stay safe, I developed an idea of creating a fine, thin, sticky natural coating all over the area in question, so I've done those preferred blowbacks again - but with tobacco heated this time, and a vapor delivering resin backwards, sealing off such particles. I believe I am safe now, here is the video documenting the disassembly, and the test I conducted to see, how precisely the temperature control is set.

I have also learned, that the heat was maintained constantly, as opposed to a common practice, when the chamber is heated with a simple on/off duty cycle, with a rather large amplitude in temps.

Enjoy, if you are a tech-perv like me
smile.png

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think your talking about the ceramic cement used to seal the heater to the bowl...?
No metal in it, natural type stuff and when broken down is more like dust.
You likely breath worse in normal activity.
Always a good thing to be cautious...

WeedyGirl1979

How long does it take to get a stem that coated? Weeks? Months?
I like to clean my stem at least monthly. Right now, I'm waiting to clean mine and it's darker than the one pictured, by a lot. Yeah, that's my day!
So I wanted to start using more water filtration. I have a scientific bong sized just right for the Solo stems, no adjustment required other than a rubber band as a 'stopper'. I wanted to try something a little easier to maneuver so I went with Planet Vape's F Bomb. Im totally satisfied! A few observations-
-I resisted using the O-ring at first, but my PVHES was so loose even upright that I broke it out. I didn't screw the top all the way back in- my bottom plate is cracked on one of my Solos and I used the ring on the other one. I like the tighter fit so well on this one that this will be my homeboy. It even made me grab my straight stem (I never used either of them- way too loose) to use in my bong.
-Meanwhile, my other Solo hugs my bent stem, my daily dry stem, like it was made for it. I'm making that my travel unit, which pleases my OCD.
-The F Bomb itself is fan-freaking-tastic. It hits so smooth, I can hold it one-handed, and while I'm not a cloud chaser, I do get some huge hits off this thing. Also, it can tilt so far without spilling that I can almost hit it sitting straight up (but still bend over- too many bongs in my past).
I was tempted by the Air (and still am a little) but I'm so happy with my Solos that it's ridiculous. I honestly could get rid of my other vapes at this point and not miss them at all. I plan to get a stem or two from Ed, and I'll be all set, not VAS for me!

Ifeejulah Vapor

Whasssup i rock an Extreme Q and im impressed with arizer as a whole. I want another vape and I want the air but its too expensive right now. Thinkin of grabbingn a solo..can someone who owns both the EQ and Solo tell me some pros/cons/differences between the two...if the solo performs similarly to the EQ ill be pumped..also the EQ is super easy to use! Thanks guys

Pappy

shmaporist
Very nice. I wonder how many others have private garden shrines to Solo?

Class. You are indeed 'a man of many facets'.

OF
Thanks my friend, appreciate your posts as well. Attitude is half of latitude!

Pappy,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom