Arizer Solo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Oh @Zangano Cruel my solo guru, some of us don't like the screen in the bowl and you know I had a rough time getting used to the solo and now the draw is as easy as anything. It is very natural. We all have to find our way and many different ways to choose from. I personally don't rock the stem or lift it and I use a flat screen. I pack my stems tight as well and still have no issue but I have had lots of practice by now and you know it :rofl:.

Nice to see you around again and hope things are well:).

@extracrispy www.puffitup.com if in usa or www.planetvape.com if in Canada.

moodster80

what does everyone clean their solo bowls with mines starting to look like it needs a clean thanks everyone

moodster80,

Arfsdad

I am planning on buying a Solo and have seen that there are many ebay sources that seem much cheaper than the stores. I am a little uncomfortable buying from anyone other than the manufacturer, for fear of getting a knock-off or getting ripped-off (not receiving the vape).

So, am I being overly cautious (i.e., paranoid)?

Can anyone recommend a particular online source they have been pleased with?

Thanks in advance!
Got mine 3 weeks ago from Puff It Up for $ 160, ( http://www.puffitup.com/ ) and couldn't be happier, quick shipping too.

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
I am planning on buying a Solo and have seen that there are many ebay sources that seem much cheaper than the stores. I am a little uncomfortable buying from anyone other than the manufacturer, for fear of getting a knock-off or getting ripped-off (not receiving the vape).

Thanks in advance!
Where are you located??

RD,

pain101

only buy a solo from an authorized reseller if you want warranty.

for instance, i killed my battery in one year. they sent me a new one[battery i replaced myself].
now 2 years later, the above image shows the heating element has come loose, i'm getting a new unit shortly.

you will reap none of these potential benefits by paying less than the allowed price through a reseller.

http://www.torontovaporizer.ca is awesome. i only do business with them, but i think you should make sure to find a seller closest to you for maximum efficiency in delivery.

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
I have had good results with GotVape.com in CA. They have a price match policy, if you see it lower. They even e-mailed a USPS return label when I had to return a faulty Ascent. Added extras in my Solo shipment (that is in route) because they were on back order and I missed the -30% Fri sale.

Hexi

Personally, I got nice hits off stock stems, but that's a very methodical and slow draw process.

The PVHES GoNGs is when I can "milk" to some extent the solo. With a short bowl (30% less the size of normal) I can get 3 good milk hits on 7 sometimes 4-5 if I pack and grind real fine but not too tight.

However, the Solo is not a desktop, so it really doesn't have the kinda power to do instant extraction, full spectrum right away, for an entire bowl, at least that's been my experience.

So even after the milk is gone, I can still get another 3-5 hits out of the PVHE shorty load, I see the vapor more on the exhale, and I'm thinking a lot of those later hits are the upper range, higher temp vape point actives. So your "Body-stone" effects and such might actually come later on, with less noticeable hits?

In short, the Solo 'milk' might be 'front-loaded' in terms of THC/head effects.

I Love the Solo, it by itself converted me to Vaping! It was my first Vape and still my only portable. I wanted another portable strictly for another experience and to have options,after extensive research I found I already had the No.1 go to portable. Hell I was thinking of getting the latest new portable on the market due to promotional hype and a sleek new stealth design, but they had a rough release which sometimes happens, but then I heard the owner of said vape saying on a podcast that after releasing their 2nd portable vape that the Solo is still her daily portable go to (UNLESS IN PUBLIC FOR OBVIOUS REASONS). Well needless to say I was once again deterred from another portable. With the PNWT the Solo has become a entirely different machine,sadly broke my Planet Vape gong but the Solo survived the collision with the concrete so still not all bad. But all in all I would like to say the Solo hits so much better using my 14mm pv gong. It doesnt get to hot it pulls so much better and gives off massive clouds!:nod: And thats just the Gong piece no water :rockon:

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
But all in all I would like to say the Solo hits so much better using my 14mm pv gong. It doesnt get to hot it pulls so much better and gives off massive clouds!:nod: And thats just the Gong piece no water :rockon:

Is that the HE, shorty, standard ????

Any one with Ascent glass that can tell me how the stems line up. I have both a Solo and a replacement Ascent coming. Getting the 14mm straight stem w/ Ascent and thinking it might fit in the Solo straight stem keeping me from buying the PVGonG 14mm.

Last edited:
RD,

olivianewtonjohn

for instance, i killed my battery in one year. they sent me a new one[battery i replaced myself].
now 2 years later, the above image shows the heating element has come loose, i'm getting a new unit shortly.

you will reap none of these potential benefits by paying less than the allowed price through a reseller.

http://www.torontovaporizer.ca is awesome. i only do business with them, but i think you should make sure to find a seller closest to you for maximum efficiency in delivery.
That is false. Arizer will even warrenty solos bought on ebay. Please search the thread before spreading more misinformation.

Thanks in advance!
There have been no reports of fake solos. Just check the seller feedback if they sell a bunch of vap stuff you should be fine. I bought mine from puff it up and they matched ebay for me (not sure if this is their regular policy), you can always try going with them first since they have great service if you run into any problems.

Hexi

Is that the HE, shorty, standard ????

Any one with Ascent glass that can tell me how the stems line up. I have both a Solo and a replacement Ascent coming. Getting the 14mm straight stem w/ Ascent and thinking it might fit in the Solo straight stem keeping me from buying the PVGonG 14mm.

It's a Planet Vape option when chosing the HE GonGs

Hexi,
Reactions: Snappo

pain101

up to the point i bought my solo it was valid. sorry if i only read 200 pages of this 800+ page thread and didn't check further after getting my solo almost 2 years ago. soooorrrryyyyyy.

you will also note, that according to the website i buy my vaporizers from, their warning under their site still reads the same thing, sorry for oiffending you so hard with my archaic information and lack of being up to date on this millenium sized thread.

Warning: The lowest allowed price in North America for this unit is $199. Anyone advertising below this price is an unauthorized seller or is dealing refurbished units. In both cases, be aware that you will not be provided with any warranty support. You must purchase from an authorized dealer to take advantage of the warranty for this product.

olivianewtonjohn

up to the point i bought my solo it was valid. sorry if i only read 200 pages of this 800+ page thread and didn't check further after getting my solo almost 2 years ago. soooorrrryyyyyy.

you will also note, that according to the website i buy my vaporizers from, their warning under their site still reads the same thing, sorry for oiffending you so hard with my archaic information and lack of being up to date on this millenium sized thread.

Warning: The lowest allowed price in North America for this unit is $199. Anyone advertising below this price is an unauthorized seller or is dealing refurbished units. In both cases, be aware that you will not be provided with any warranty support. You must purchase from an authorized dealer to take advantage of the warranty for this product.
it was nothing against you; its just people keep repeating it; when I bought my solo I thought the same thing due to all the people saying buy it from authorized blah blah blah. But now we know thats not correct.

EDIT: Yeah that warrning sounds more like BS to get more $. Arizer will still service a "non-authorized" seller unit.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I don't know where you get your vape goods, but this warning is FALSE!

Tus-Chan

Yes, my stuff is dry, very dry and well-cured. It's pretty ideal bud, IMO. I'd probably have to live in a medical state to get better.

I will take your advice and make a video of me hitting the Solo.

Thank you to those who have helped me thus far. I'm just extremely frustrated, especially after spending so much money on trying to get this to work.

poonman

Sorry mod... am am trying yo ut the image in from 420. If I don't get right could you tell me how? Insert image link is my only guess....

showfull.php

If it works, you can see how much is in my stem after a week too. Bud is black.

I'm about to fire up a me bowl on two! ....

Up to 3... still ok! Phew!

Another try the pic from photo bucket
20131204_221529-1.jpg

No , you did NOT combust .
I don't see any Grey Ashes .
You left it in too long and over cooked it .
That's probably what you inhaled , not smoke .

Yes , you will want to evaporate all the iso/vodka before using the reclaim . And you can cook with it if you want to , boil your stems
in hot milk/chocolate is one way .

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Yes, my stuff is dry, very dry and well-cured. It's pretty ideal bud, IMO. I'd probably have to live in a medical state to get better.

I will take your advice and make a video of me hitting the Solo.

Thank you to those who have helped me thus far. I'm just extremely frustrated, especially after spending so much money on trying to get this to work.
We are here to help as best we can, and it's a pleasure! Don't give up, we'll figure out something, together.

extracrispy

Where are you located??
usa

now 2 years later, the above image shows the heating elemen
Got mine 3 weeks ago from Puff It Up for $ 160, ( http://www.puffitup.com/ ) and couldn't be happier, quick shipping too.

t has come loose, i'm getting a new unit shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
extracrispy,
after 2 weeks of no shipping and no communication i opened up an ebay case for my solo.
A few days later got a full refund from ebay, no explanation. Back to square one.
Beware ebay seller vapovape

update on this one. A week or so after i got refunded it arrived out of the blue. After a day or two of testing i sent him a message and told him what happened. All paid, love the solo. And he said he'd send me something for free for the trouble. Took a while, but arrived unharmed.

Lusi

Ty! Now I get it! My stock stem just got so loose it falls out if I turn the solo over. Would this help? I like that wood stem!

IMO your bud was too dry and maybe too packed. Try always nice bud.
Could be that if you're using a standard stem with too dry bud, plus restricted draw I think equals hotter temps in the heater.
I see it looks like almost trimming or leafy bud in the picture, I strongly suggest you dumping or QWISO for a nice oil to use in the Solo.
Use a SS screen in the heating chamber of your Solo, it'll make a big difference in airflow as easy. No need for lifting jerking up and down stem like many FCers do :dog:
Also, you can just poke carefully the glass screen of your stem, leaving some leftover rim inside to hold a fine domed SS screen.
Do not give up on Solos guys, they are awesome vapes when working and used properly :cheers:

Edit 1: this is not intended for none in particular , but I'll strongly suggest to newcomers to this thread to check my posts, or go to the beggining of the thread, maybe the first 200 pages of posts, or around January 2012, when all Solo myths had been covered already.
From 2012 summer till now, most of the posts relating modifying performance of Solos are repeating and mostly focused on new batteries packs, DIY PAs and milk videos.
Stay vaped...

Thanks!
I am using lightly lightly trimmed buds.. This my favorite in I've horded two yeats. It's not notrimmed much and dry but is awesome for nsusea. Since I vape buds and shake, I lrsve sugar costed on my buds. I can change the way I trim next year, but My main purpose for the solo is for buds d bubble hash, which I still must make. My newest buds are top shelf... I have all sorts :) I Don't enjoy BHO nor do I have a set up to make other better hashes.
Is this the wrong vapoizer for me?!

I put thee metal screen over the glass. Now I can't get itt out to clean it! I have tried a dental pick and pliers. Am afraid to break the glass. Is it normal for a stem to get this dirty In a week?? Do you have any suggestions?

The only damage I see from that heat flash is that now the stem falls out. Would buyng a wood stem and o ring solve this? :\

Top Bottom