• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

exit

I was placing an order with Mouser for other electronics parts and got this there.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mean-Well/GS25U07-P1J/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuep2RzTrr6lehs6pjW3QkDJKPNv/m/EVg= (its out of stock now... sorry! they only have the ones that require an iec power cable)

Then I was going to pick up the adapter from Jameco. But they add $5 charge for orders less than $10 and I didn't want to pay for shipping. So I spent $3.50 to get 3 of them and bought another separately from a USA seller (short cable kind instead of plug addapter) so that one will get here faster.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3pcs-DC-Pow...833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f33da079

exit,

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
Thanks, thesoloman, for my Bent Stem with notches! The solo is killin it now with the Mobius! :rockon:
1r4v11.jpg

Tzny

I've been looking at vapes and I think this is the one for me. I just have a few questions. First, what is the latest model number for the solo. Secondly, is it safe to buy off of ebay?

Anways, that for the help!

Tzny,

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
I've been looking at vapes and I think this is the one for me. I just have a few questions. First, what is the latest model number for the solo. Secondly, is it safe to buy off of ebay?

M1B's Are being shipped out I believe. And I say yes it is safe, but stay in contact with seller to receive warranty if an issue arises. I say this with an M107 from eBay thats still puffin daily!

exhaleclouds,
Reactions: Tzny

andrew12

E88LJhV.jpg

oAgBJlq.jpg
Picked up the hydro tube today and ordered a 14mm gong adapter from PV. Also bought some o rings from the hardware store, the stock stem fits well, but it is a bit tall with the hydrotube. Very happy with it, a lot smaller than I expected (which is good), happy vaping :)

Techn!d0n

All I can say is that OF's solution for the PA at 50% of the price of the official PA for the solo (including shipping) is AWESOME!! Man I don't know half as I thought I knew before I came to FC. THANKS OF!

bluerap00

I bought mine from this guy, quick shipping, everything works great, got the latest model at the time.

Plus, although I haven't had any need to see for sure, they claim to support the full warranty.

bluerap00,
Reactions: Tzny

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
http://www.pipesdaddy.com/Shower-Head-Jacuzzi-Dome-Glass-Water-Pipe-p/wp-0131.htm

This piece is absolutely fantastic to use with the solo! It is an almost unbeatable bargain right now with the 15% off 4th of July sale! Nice wide 5" base to balance the solo with a pv gong, no worries of tipping it over. I thought I liked the cyclone, I like this one way better! It has balance and works great with all my pieces solo, vg coil, a/c's and other attachments, I just can't believe the deal!!!!

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: andrew12

AceTK

Radiant Thoughtforms
you have to be the first person in this huge thread that has ever combusted with the Solo. i own a m107 and use 7 to finish my sessions and i have never come close to combustion. not sure how you did it but i guess you did

Yep I think I may be the first one although correct me if I'm wrong but there may have been someone with a faulty M102 that had a bowl burnout early on in the thread and sent the unit back to arizer for replacement.
I'm actually a little annoyed about it as I've have had such a faultless record from the solo since I got it. I had to take it apart too as the whole thing stank like an ashtray inside and out and still has a slight hint from deep inside the bowl where I could not clean without risking cracking the ceramic.
Ho hum though it still works and luckily I didn't inhale any melted plastic or indeed melt any plastic to inhale lol.
Just to re-iterate though I was irresponsible in how I loaded the bowl with powdered ABV. I have a little flathead screwdriver handle that fits perfect for compressing the bowl contents and allowed me to compress it to the point airflow was almost non existent. I have since used the solo with looser bowls and experienced no combustion.
I think really its just trying squeeze the most out of already dark herb and a lack of airflow that equals heat spikes and combustive onset.

I still think the solo is the best vape though. :D

AceTK,

poonman

I've been thinking about your post , and yes , there was another member
reporting combustion with a ' faulty ' Solo .

I want to know where those 4 holes lead to .
I'm sure there has been tiny bits of herb that has fallen down in there .
Now I may not be worrying about combustion , but the flavor taste has been compromised . imo
Even after cleaning out the heating chamber to shiny form .

It is the reason why I will be getting another Solo .
The first one is almost a year old anyways .
And I'll def . try the 2 screens method to help prevent it in the new one .

So where are all the 4th of July sales ???

poonman,
Reactions: OF

solidrock11

I just recently got a replacement charger for my solo. 12 VDC and 1.5A. I was told 1A but they only had 1.5, will that damage my solo or is that fine?

solidrock11,
Reactions: OF

clouded vision

I've been thinking about your post , and yes , there was another member
reporting combustion with a ' faulty ' Solo .

I'm sure there has been tiny bits of herb that has fallen down in there .
Now I may not be worrying about combustion , but the flavor taste has been compromised . imo
Even after cleaning out the heating chamber to shiny form .

It is the reason why I will be getting another Solo .
The first one is almost a year old anyways .
And I'll def . try the 2 screens method to help prevent it in the new one .

So where are all the 4th of July sales ???
GsrMP2r.jpg

those holes just go into a chamber under the heating cup. you should be able to take it apart fairly easily to shake it out. unscrew the metal cap, the 4 small screws under it then just 2 clips to pull the cover off so you can get to it.

OF

The other side.

The hole go through the bottom of the cup, just like they look. The cup sits on short ribs in the body under it, you can see the four ribs at the top of the cup. The channels made by the ribs connect the holes to the slots you see at the rim of the cup. Simple.

I just recently got a replacement charger for my solo. 12 VDC and 1.5A. I was told 1A but they only had 1.5, will that damage my solo or is that fine?

No problem, in fact a bit of margin. Like having a 200 HP engine in the car, you don't need to use all the capacity. You need a little over 3/4 or an Amp....at least.

Whats the link for the PA that OF is talking about

Cheap Solo supplies

OF

poonman

those holes just go into a chamber under the heating cup. you should be able to take it apart fairly easily to shake it out. unscrew the metal cap, the 4 small screws under it then just 2 clips to pull the cover off so you can get to it.

Perfect
Thanx cv ,
That was exactly what I was looking for .

So there are NO wires to worry about ? or rehook ?

tia

poonman,

clouded vision

if you go any further than I did then there will be, you can see then cemented to the cup on the right side in the picture so just be careful right around the connection and you will be fine.

also when I did it I remember being very afraid that I would break one of the clips because it felt fragile (probably felt more than it actually is)

clouded vision,
Reactions: poonman

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You all know I like things easy. I unscrew the cap and turn it over give it a couple of pats on its ass and the bits fall out done....

As far as combusting...I am a mental midget and yesterday loaded kief in my stem tightly packed. I did a full session and then realized it was kief so what. I ran another full session then a session with an empty stem getting vapor that session almost till the end. The last few hits were good but wispy. I don't see how you can combust even if you are using a fine grind. You may ask why crazy dreamerr ran an empty stem, well because there was so much left on the screen instead of cleaning it I knew I would get nice hits and I did.

samirfuzzywuzzy

just got my eds solo stem and i noticed some have a tapered metal end and some have a flat/squared metal end.....wonder if it makes a difference.

samirfuzzywuzzy,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
just got my eds solo stem and i noticed some have a tapered metal end and some have a flat/squared metal end.....wonder if it makes a difference.
Looking forward to your review of Ed's stem vs the others:tup:

Snappo,
Top Bottom