• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I just used PBW for the first time this weekend. I find it amazing, stems for my solo that I've had for years and have stains that just wouldn't budge are completely gone after a few hours soaking in a PBW solution. Please check the PBW thread if your a freak with your glass.

mvapes,

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
I doubt the air contribution through those holes is significant. My attempts to plug them didn't cut production all that much (although I kept knocking the stubs of toothpicks out of the holes.....). I also think if air though those holes was a significant part of the design they would not have put the rim of the stem squarely over them?

AFAIK the only way air gets into your herb with a stock stem and a normal O ring is through those 4 tiny holes after flowing from the air vents in the cap, down between the SS cup and the ceramic heating chamber.

I've made mine bigger by reaming them out with definite improvement in air flow and definite loss of warranty :) and I'm pretty sure draw resistance will increase if you block them efficiently.

Pvhes leakage through the O ring allows cold air to mix before it hits the herb so you'll probably want a higher heat setting to get optimal extraction.

Allowing cold air to leak where the stem is sealed by your lips keeps the extraction temperature as the solo designers intended but drops the draw resistance.
YMMV

fubar,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

AFAIK the only way air gets into your herb with a stock stem and a normal O ring is through those 4 tiny holes after flowing from the air vents in the cap, down between the SS cup and the ceramic heating chamber.

Let me suggest a couple of experiments if I may?

First off, tape up those "air vents in the cap" and try again. I think you'll find no change at all (I didn't). My take is those vents are to let the hot air around the heater out of the unit, they don't seem to effect the draft at all.

Secondly, try plugging the four holes in the bowl. I did it with both tabs of tape (a PITA to clean up) and stubs of toothpick ends. Same results both times, I couldn't detect a change.

Against that background it's commonly held that tipping the stem increases flow. This, I believe, increases the flow along the stem, around the bottom and into the bowl. It doesn't change the holes below I believe.

I understand that the process you suggest is held by some to be the way it works, but experiments don't bear that out. At least the ones I did failed to. They instead point to flow down the side of the stem and around. I know, for instance, that the additional o-ring decreases flow and by your theory that shouldn't happen?

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Let me suggest a couple of experiments if I may?

First off, tape up those "air vents in the cap" and try again. I think you'll find no change at all (I didn't). My take is those vents are to let the hot air around the heater out of the unit, they don't seem to effect the draft at all.

Secondly, try plugging the four holes in the bowl. I did it with both tabs of tape (a PITA to clean up) and stubs of toothpick ends. Same results both times, I couldn't detect a change.

Against that background it's commonly held that tipping the stem increases flow. This, I believe, increases the flow along the stem, around the bottom and into the bowl. It doesn't change the holes below I believe.

I understand that the process you suggest is held by some to be the way it works, but experiments don't bear that out. At least the ones I did failed to. They instead point to flow down the side of the stem and around. I know, for instance, that the additional o-ring decreases flow and by your theory that shouldn't happen?

OF

OF
Once again, OF. Nail hit firmly on head.

:peace:

OF

Once again, OF. Nail hit firmly on head.

Thank you, Brother Stu. Considering the source, high praise indeed.......

But tell me, if I'm so sharp how come I sighed it twice?

It's tough getting old. Not may options, though, so I'll play these cards.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Stu

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Well now I know everything except what are the holes for on the bottom of the solo. I know if you put it in a cup you are suppose to poke holes so I assumed those were outgoing vents but maybe they are incoming as well. Test that now OF cause you are the King tester:tup:

Edit: Now that I think about it I bet you did that test already so now just tell me the results.:clap:

OF

Well now I know everything except what are the holes for on the bottom of the solo. I know if you put it in a cup you are suppose to poke holes so I assumed those were outgoing vents but maybe they are incoming as well. Test that now OF cause you are the King tester:tup:

Edit: Now that I think about it I bet you did that test already so now just tell me the results.:clap:

Aside from blowing in them to confirm they really do go through I never messed with them. When I decided the slots at the top were for hot air going out I figured the pretty round holes in the bottom (and I think the power jack as well?) are for letting cold air in to replace it? The idea is to keep the battery and electronics cold I think. Not to mention giving us a cooler body to grip.

All in all a good plan, look how much heat build up in Cera is a fatal problem with some? Power levels in Solo are lower, but not that much lower.

Does a raise go along with this new 'King Tester' title? Then again, if the job is testing Kings......

OF

Dreamerr

You get a raise but of course it will be invisible:rofl:and leave those other kings alone.
What a really good design they have made. I guess they thought of almost everything in a lot of ways.

SirDarkened

SirDarkened,

OF

You get a raise but of course it will be invisible:rofl:and leave those other kings alone.

Thanks, I assumed both.

Living this close to San Francisco the guidelines for Queens are already familiar, the adjustment shouldn't be that hard.........

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

The King of Queens but since it was a TV show I think they stole your title.

SirDarkened welcome to the forum. You will love your solo.

Dreamerr,

BTCsolo

If anyone could answer a few questions to help me fix my smelly and unpleasantly tasting solo, I'd greatly appreciate it:

(I've run the solo at least 30 minutes total on 7 to try and 'flush out' the nasty burnt popcorn taste I get with every draw. Getting a little better, but I've seemed to have reached a limit).

1) When I heat up the solo to 7 (or any heat), then take a whiff of the heating chamber, I can smell the same burnt taste/smell.

When you do this with your solo, does the first whiff or so have the same mild-strong burnt aroma?

2) When I'm vaping and take the stem off at any point (usually after a few draws), I can see visible smoke/dark vapor emerge from the heating chamber.

Does anyone see the same thing with their solo?

Thanks a ton - taste has gotten a lot better since last time but it still is overpowering the 'bud' taste, even at lower temps.

BTCsolo,

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
Hi all,

jumping in to report I am in my first week of Solo and as reported before by many others it's great ! :tup:

I learned a lot from this thread (screen doming, double Screen, PA, residue claiming and and and) which improved my expierience.
Thanks a lot and keep the spirit up ! :clap:

a vaked moooooo to all

zippobong

Hey FC people,
Loving my Solo for a month now, just got some questions about the best way to use it...

After you take a draw, how long you wait until next draw? (I've read somewhere in this topic that theres no point holding it for more than 5s, is that right?!)- thats because i usually vaporize with my girl, and we are waiting like 30-40s so it can re-heat(sometimes it just light the red light almost by the end of this waiting period)...

Also, as my tolerance is low, most of the times i get 6-8 draws at level 3 ( with beautiful clouds btw) and turn it off, taking the loaded stem out- when i put it again later, i simply dont get as high, even raising the level up to 7 sometimes- i know theres still lots to extract from it right?! Could be just my mind tricking me, or you feel the same way too??

And the last one, i've read here too that someone got problems for leaving Solo inside a car in the sun- anyone else got this issue? any ideas of how to prevent damage if you have to leave it inside the hot car sometime??

Cheers from sunny and melting northeast Brazil

zippobong,

al bundy

Vaporist
I read 10 seconds but I hold as Lon as possible.

You probably extract more goods than you think.
Dump and stir the load before reuse.

You could put it in a small lunch box ,cooler Out of direct sunlight

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I don't wait any particular amount of time between hits.

I take a hit, hold it for however long I feel like holding it, exhale, take a few breaths/cough, and go for another hit.

It would depend on how long a draw and how hard you are drawing I would imagine.

For direct draw I take relatively small hits, and when I'm vape-bonging, I'd probably average a minute between hits since the bigger hits make me need to let my lungs recover a little before the next one...

There are still goodies when you're going back to a stem, but they'll be a different ratio of cannabinoids, I'd guess you're vaping most of the THC in that first go at the stem, and other compounds in the 2nd go.
Try packing a small enough load that you can finish it in 1 go, you can either put in an extra high domed screen, or just not pack a full stem.

:2c:

zippobong

I read 10 seconds but I hold as Lon as possible.

You probably extract more goods than you think.
Dump and stir the load before reuse.

You could put it in a small lunch box ,cooler Out of direct sunlight
Great idea the luch box, at least until i got a pelican case must do the job!!
And yeah, probably it's 10s that someone said it was the amount needed to get the effects...

I was not stirring the load, will try this too!!!
Try packing a small enough load that you can finish it in 1 go, you can either put in an extra high domed screen, or just not pack a full stem.

:2c:
Thats a great idea McGuire, i'm already using a domed one but almost flat, i'll make a more domed one to try finishing the stem at once!!

Thanks a lot!!

zippobong,

olivianewtonjohn

Guess everyone does it differently. I dont wait any particular time frame between hits. And I never stir the load. I run from 3/4 all the way to 7

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: VapeNStone

clouded vision

Guess everyone does it differently. I dont wait any particular time frame between hits. And I never stir the load. I run from 3/4 all the way to 7
I do the same, after the initial warm up time I usually don't wait between hits either but have noticed if you are using it with several people and passing it quickly you might need to wait sometimes. I also never stir my load but I always finish it in one sitting.

clouded vision,

Dreamerr

Nug or ground and it all works and I don't stir either. The solo is just a great machine. I use it at 3 and take about 5 or so second hits hold not long, blow, repeat. If I am really serial hitting I then just increase my temp to 4 so it can keep up with me. I am capable of serial hitting to a point where the temp drops to 1 from 3 easily so then I have to adjust my draw speed and the temp. This doesn't happen as much with a stock stem. Right now I am using a pvhes and it does make a difference in keeping the heat at the correct temp.

1) When I heat up the solo to 7 (or any heat), then take a whiff of the heating chamber, I can smell the same burnt taste/smell.
When you do this with your solo, does the first whiff or so have the same mild-strong burnt aroma?

2) When I'm vaping and take the stem off at any point (usually after a few draws), I can see visible smoke/dark vapor emerge from the heating chamber.

Take off the cover and dump out all the herb you have sitting below the chamber. Just turn it upside down and shake it out. You will be surprised how much is under there. If you are brave, I am not, you can open it from the bottom and do it. Take out the stem and run the solo to clear whatever else is left. Iso the chamber first. Also if you stems are dirty with debris not oil it will change the taste even the oil does so that might be something you would want to clean as well. Or you can join me in how oily you can get your stem challange.

Welcome to the forum BTCsolo and pizzaroll. Pizzaroll thanks for making me hungry for something I can't get where I live at least a good one.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom