• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

CHIDOY

Whew..... finally got a chance to get on and say a belated THANKS to OF for the o-rings! They work AMAZING! I'm using a PVHES GonG and i think it makes the airflow just right.. I'd say right between a stock stem and a PVHES. I guess since my stem was so loose before, I am able to leave the o-ring in and slide the stem in and out. But still secure enough that i'm not worried about it falling out. Before, i could hold the stem and the solo would fall right off.

Thanks again OF.... you da man. :clap:
20130428214635.jpg

20130428214929.jpg

20130428215051.jpg

BowChamp

I'm planning to get the GonG adaptor in a bit but for now does anyone know any quickfix's to create a good enough seal when you use the solo with a bong?

BowChamp,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Before I got my GonG stems, I would just stick the stock mouthpiece into a 14mm stem and rip away. It worked fine for me, but I'm glad for the GonG stem as it makes it hands free.

:peace:

OF

You can also kluge up a gasket with a couple of rubber bands wrapped around the stem end to build up the diameter.

While it's possible to put the flame polished stem against the ground glass in the fitting, this creates (or can) huge loading at a tiny point of contact leading to a tiny chip or crack in the glass with eventual failure. Two matched, ground surfaces don't have this issue as does rubber (or even cloth) between the glass parts.

Caution is advised, of course.

Until I got mine, I used the 'use an inch long piece of tube' trick Dreamer recommends. Stu's crazy, but you no doubt already know that....everyone does.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Oh my vodka, I have asked that question about glass on glass not ground before and nobody ever answered. I didn't know why it wasn't good to do it and I do with both of my glass pieces however I do not let it sit in the water piece like most do. I will put my sliver of tubing on the end from now on if I use water.

Thanks OF you have been really educating me today more then usual.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

OF

I don't like the feeling of thick rubber desensitizing everything. I prefer to go in raw, commando style and laugh in the face of danger. It makes me feel Bukowski-esque. :cool:

Stu, it's a good thing the impressionable young minds are safely in bed at this hour.....without a doubt you're what many parents have in mind with boogie man stories......

You seem to scare the women and horses more often than most at the same time, no small feat.

I hear you also get fan mail for other sick puppies.....is that true?

OF

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Smart Move ;
If you bought a Solo .:2c:

Just had a thought ;
The Ascent supposedly has these ' oil cans ' ( BTW it's made of glass ) , that can allow you to do oils/budda . Why can't Arizer or PV come up with a modified stem for doing oils/budda ???

My design would be like your conventional test tube with a few holes on the side walls an inch
from the round bottom . The top part could be narrower for a more condensed hit , but still
big enough for easy loading and cleaning . Or even a 2 piece stem that can be detached .

Come On Let's put our thinking caps on .
Hi poonman,
We have a new product called the e-Bomb to be released very soon which is just as you describe. We are on our 6th prototype, waiting for number 7. It is basically a straight tube with some tricks to make it work great with extracts. However the hits are not big, but a little goes a long time and the taste is amazing.
PV

unpro1

Psych
I'm wondering the best way to keep my solo charged, Li-ion batteries are finicky sometimes. I've heard its better to stop charging at 80% charge, and not to let it run out of batteries. Also best way to vape keif? What's your opinions?

unpro1,

salivape

I'm wondering the best way to keep my solo charged, Li-ion batteries are finicky sometimes. I've heard its better to stop charging at 80% charge, and not to let it run out of batteries. Also best way to vape keif? What's your opinions?

I sandwiched some pressed keif between 2 layers of herb lastnight. Man it went on and on. I got bored before it stopped producing vapour.Thick clouds aswell not just whispy ones. Im sure loose keif would vape faster though.

I read that its not good to interrupt the charge cycle but I cant imagine letting it run out of charge would do much harm

I
Dreamerr thanks for the advice i think I'll take it. My stems are loosening already and airflow is improving. I realised that 2 of the 4 stems I got have smaller holes. Obviously theyre not genuine and they definitely feel more restricted. I'll stick with the originals

salivape,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Armerad

Dabbin'
Last night while pushing my screen into the stem (The same screen I've been using for awhile, it fits perfectly), a perfectly straight crack appeared going down from one of the PVHES notches to the Turbo screen "ridge" in my 14mm PVHES Turbo GonG stem. The piece still works perfectly, although it seems to have a slight whistling sound which I don't recall from before.

Luckily, my stubby stem set should be getting here any day now!

I can't see the pic ,
in fact , I can't see any of your pics that you've posted in the past .
idk why ?
http://imgur.com/8JUNRCk
It may be because I use the forum image uploading. I know that if you right click the broken image and copy the link, you can load the image in a seperate tab/window.

Edit: Can't seem to get my images to work. I put a link in.

Armerad,
Reactions: poonman

OF

I'm wondering the best way to keep my solo charged, Li-ion batteries are finicky sometimes. I've heard its better to stop charging at 80% charge, and not to let it run out of batteries.

The Solo has an excellent battery protection circuit, better than many cell phones, laptops and so on even. It's hard to wreck them for that reason.

However, pushing the last little bit of charge in can decrease the number of cycles you can get. Each cycle is more sessions of course. It's a trade off, makers like big numbers (they sell well), as long as there's a reasonable life span. Stopping .1 Volt short of any level can often double the cycles of life. There's good information on this on the web.

I personally try to pull it off at the 6 or 7 light lit but still charging point if I catch it, but don't worry about it if I don't. I tend to charge when it 'falls off the bottom' even if still giving solid sessions. I use it a lot and don't really want to mess with battery pack changes.

HTH?

OF

OF,
Reactions: unpro1

BTCsolo

Need a little help here!

I got a solo a while ago and just started using it recently - and would love it to use it SO much more, if it weren't for this one problem:

The vapor tastes really strongly of burnt popcorn. I know this is typical if your heat is really high and you're starting to burn the material, but I'm getting this even on heat setting 3! (Also, after 3 draws my weed is already 'burnt/vaped' brown...)

Can anyone guess what the issue is? Is my Solo overheating or something? I've used the volcano before, and the vapor didn't have this pungent burnt taste. I almost feel like I'm inhaling burning chemicals (maybe there's some residue? I almost feel like I'm inhaling carcinogens, which is the exactly what I'm trying to avoid vaping). Or am I just using really shitty weed?

I'm sure I'd get used to the taste if I started using it every day, but TBH, it's pretty nasty.

BTCsolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Need a little help here!

I got a solo a while ago and just started using it recently - and would love it to use it SO much more, if it weren't for this one problem:

The vapor tastes really strongly of burnt popcorn. I know this is typical if your heat is really high and you're starting to burn the material, but I'm getting this even on heat setting 3! (Also, after 3 draws my weed is already 'burnt/vaped' brown...)

Can anyone guess what the issue is? Is my Solo overheating or something? I've used the volcano before, and the vapor didn't have this pungent burnt taste. I almost feel like I'm inhaling burning chemicals (maybe there's some residue? I almost feel like I'm inhaling carcinogens, which is the exactly what I'm trying to avoid vaping). Or am I just using really shitty weed?

I'm sure I'd get used to the taste if I started using it every day, but TBH, it's pretty nasty.
BTCsolo, it sounds like you may be letting your herb touch the bottom of the heating chamber. Try compacting the load slightly with your finger, and see if this makes any difference. You can also take the extra precautionary step of inverting the solo (hamster style... thanks Stickstones) so that gravity doesn't get involved in letting your herb touch the chamber floor. Some people also put screens on the floor of the chamber although I haven't tried that myself.

Give it a whirl and see if it makes any difference for you.

Best of luck!

BTCsolo

BTCsolo, it sounds like you may be letting your herb touch the bottom of the heating chamber. Try compacting the load slightly with your finger, and see if this makes any difference. You can also take the extra precautionary step of inverting the solo (hamster style... thanks Stickstones) so that gravity doesn't get involved in letting your herb touch the chamber floor. Some people also put screens on the floor of the chamber although I haven't tried that myself.

Give it a whirl and see if it makes any difference for you.

Best of luck!

I'll do that tomorrow morning! I had no idea that the herb wasn't supposed to touch the bottom.

I was just testing the solo - right now it's 1am and I'm listening to the Great Gatsby soundtrack while lying on my bed... belgian waffles for breakfast sounds soooooo goood.

BTCsolo,

OF

Can anyone guess what the issue is? Is my Solo overheating or something?

First off, howdy, good to meet you, sorry it's under such a cloud.

It sound like the calibration is off as you suggest. I assume it's otherwise normal? That is heat builds to the preset level (inaccurate as it might be) then regulates there? The 'heat' light coming on and off over time to hold temperature. And if you 'bump it up' a level or two the heater comes on steady for a bit before resuming cycling?

This is different than 'running away'; everything is normal, just the scaling is off?

If so, most likely the fault is in the thermistor used to sense the actual temperature in the bowl. As a guess it's not properly placed so is reading a point cooler than the base of the bowl. That's buried in ceramic cement, of course......

I'm sorry to say, a replacement is probably in order unless you get good performance at a lower than 3 setting? If you're happy there, it should be stable and the cloud chasers will no doubt bid heavily for the extra power to 'milk the glass' and all those other things they do behind closed doors.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: Jeff-K

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I had no idea that the herb wasn't supposed to touch the bottom.

I don't use screens and the only time my Solo is upside down is when i use it with my ZOB bubbler and i have not experienced this. i start at 4 and finish on 6 when using it dry and start at 5 and end at 7 when using with water.

mmenzie,

BTCsolo

First off, howdy, good to meet you, sorry it's under such a cloud.

It sound like the calibration is off as you suggest. I assume it's otherwise normal? That is heat builds to the preset level (inaccurate as it might be) then regulates there? The 'heat' light coming on and off over time to hold temperature. And if you 'bump it up' a level or two the heater comes on steady for a bit before resuming cycling?

This is different than 'running away'; everything is normal, just the scaling is off?

If so, most likely the fault is in the thermistor used to sense the actual temperature in the bowl. As a guess it's not properly placed so is reading a point cooler than the base of the bowl. That's buried in ceramic cement, of course......

I'm sorry to say, a replacement is probably in order unless you get good performance at a lower than 3 setting? If you're happy there, it should be stable and the cloud chasers will no doubt bid heavily for the extra power to 'milk the glass' and all those other things they do behind closed doors.....

OF

You've got it - everything seems normal in terms of function (I switch to a level and it maintains the heat by flashing on and off). I just think the herb might be burning because my 3 is hotter than it should be?

If it's any indication, I get visible clouds/plumes at 3.

PS My model number starts with m1a49

BTCsolo,

poonman

Hi poonman,
We have a new product called the e-Bomb to be released very soon which is just as you describe. We are on our 6th prototype, waiting for number 7. It is basically a straight tube with some tricks to make it work great with extracts. However the hits are not big, but a little goes a long time and the taste is amazing.
PV

Wow , simply Wow .:bowdown:

I'll just add it to my cart ...

Thank you PlanetVape . ( As Always )

poonman,

bluerap00

BTCsolo, you aren't loading your bud into the device itself instead of the stem, are you?

Also I noticed with my VaporGenie that lower quality "reggie" bud tends to always immediately give off the burnt popcorn aroma, whereas the potent stuff would provide great tasting hits. (I haven't tried reggie in my solo)

I have the M1A49 as well.

bluerap00,
Reactions: OF

OF

You've got it - everything seems normal in terms of function (I switch to a level and it maintains the heat by flashing on and off). I just think the herb might be burning because my 3 is hotter than it should be?

If it's any indication, I get visible clouds/plumes at 3.

PS My model number starts with m1a49

Just a lucky guess on my part. OK, another lucky guess....

I don't think it's burning so much as not what you're expecting? If it's too hot for your tastes, I'd try level 2, IIRC it's supposed to be something like seven degrees less?

I get visible vapor at 3, and a fair bit of it. I typically run 4 and it gets pretty dark and borderline tasting by the time I pitch it. I don't save it since I have a bunch of AVB in the jar from other vapes with more green left.

IIRC you are comparing to Volcano? I've never used one, but I own a HA (and several other convection vapes), there's a big difference. This is mostly conduction. The bowl gets hot. Everything in it too. Stuff will cook without any airflow. Volcano and similar units use hot air (the bowl itself isn't heated) so stopping the airflow stops the action.

The 'taste profile' is a trip. THC doesn't really taste much, most of what we consider taste is lighter chemicals that boil off at lower temperatures. The first hit or two. In Volcano and 'bag vapes' this gets mixed back into the bulk adding flavor to all the hits in the bag. The prime chemical we want comes off just after that but is easily masked by the other flavors. After most of that is gone, plant matter starts to break down, like when popcorn burns, and that taste gets stronger and stronger. It's a result of chemical reactions happening for the most part and is a precursor to out of control reactions we fear......combustion.

It's entirely possible everything is exactly right and you're going on false clues. What matters is getting the effect you want. How is that doing? If you take it on faith and hit it through the 12 minute cycle. You getting off?

OF

Top Bottom