• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

nhirsch

Took apart a new Arizer Solo. It was and is working but wanted to see the innards. Was disappointed at how poorly the components connected together. Note the spacing on one side between parts, the misaligned tabs that don't even catch on the part they are supposed to and in general a sloppy assembly. Disappointed at the way it was put together and even design of parts don't line up. See below:
solo2.jpg
solo3.jpg

solo4.jpg

solo1.jpg

Yoshi

Woah
i always start off at 3 then move up the temp & finish it off at 7 when i get no more vape. so does that mean the material is totally done with & i should just throw it out?

I think of it as undesirable and throw it away when it stops hitting at 7, the Solo is extremely efficient in getting everything out. There might be a few higher temp cannabinoids but there's such a minuscule amount that it's not worth even trying to smoke. Again, you'd have to have a huge quantity to even feel anything. :wave:

JLG

Took apart a new Arizer Solo. It was and is working but wanted to see the innards. Was disappointed at how poorly the components connected together. Note the spacing on one side between parts, the misaligned tabs that don't even catch on the part they are supposed to and in general a sloppy assembly. Disappointed at the way it was put together and even design of parts don't line up. See below:

You will find on this thread some pictures of disassembling that look the same.
The misaligned part does not affect the functionality.
I've seen much worst internal design with malfunction so it doesn't bother me.
I would say that the sleek external design doesn't match the internal.
If your unit is the same like mine, the stainless steel bowl is well aligned. :)

JLG,
Reactions: OF

olivianewtonjohn

I think thats how all solos are. At first I was alittle disappointed but honestly how often will you see the internals? When the solo is closed up it feels solid in the hand and more importantly is a very reliable device.

olivianewtonjohn,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Friend brought me a shatterd solo stem.
This is what I was able to do in 15 minutes (I did not clean stem 1st0
using a 99¢ store mini torch lighter.

As you can see he does not use a screen (or clean his stem often)

And now... I did the following
I broke off the sharp edges with a needlenose, and then snapped out the partition with same pliers.
I torched the edges until they glowed, then when done I stuck a Solo screen down in that stopped right at the area that diminishes in diameter.

Then...
one final torching and we have a turbo stem of sorts that functions very well!

Great job!

I guess you told him this is just for backup and get a new one while he can ;)

Don't fix unless its broken.

I wonder what was the purpose of this?

I haven't looked inside my solo, it works well and its very reliable...warranty will sort you out and all things will go well.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
You should be able to just attach a normal drinking straw to it so it looks normal. a cup with a floppy tube coming out isn't very stealth

i can see that myself... :/ but if you would read the description you would understand that you can attach a whip to it, as well and I want to know which whip size i need for it!
i don't care about that stealth part, i just want a whip for it

mrweed,

Yoshi

Woah
i can see that myself... :/ but if you would read the description you would understand that you can attach a whip to it, as well and I want to know which whip size i need for it!
i don't care about that stealth part, i just want a whip for it

1/2" silicone tubing will work great :tup:

Yoshi,

clouded vision

1/2" silicone tubing will work great :tup:
half inch won't work on the stealth adapter, that is the size for a normal stem. I'm not sure the correct size for the stealth adapter but if you want to attach a whip, don't spend $22 when you can just attach 1/2 to a normal stem and you are all set

clouded vision,
Reactions: Kief

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
thanks for your answers guys, BUT a whip on the normal stem is way to fat for me... I know that this works, but it's just not what i want!
what i want is a long but tight whip for my solo and this adapter seems like the right choice. also it has a small air injector for better air-flow.

anyway I've send my question to planetvape as well. hope they will answer soon.
i've spend so much money on vaporizers, the additional 30$ won't kill me.

mrweed,

clouded vision

I think he said it felt harsh to him the vapor oppose to the EQ ... and he thinks its due to the whip.

IMO I disagree but to each is own.
that's what I was thinking to and I was gonna say try water filtration instead of a whip.

clouded vision,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
yes, since i suffer from chronicle sore throat the vapor of more or less all the portable ones feel too unpleasent for me after a short while. maybe harsh is the wrong word (sorry, no native speaker), what i mean is a mix of too warm and too "aggressive" vapor. that's what gives me a unpleasent feeling while inhaling. when the vapor is a bit cooler, it's just more pleasent for me and i think a 3ft whip would cool it down, enough (I know from the EQ).
also I like the idea of beeing able to use the solo hands-free.

since I never was a fan of water-pipes, this isn't a solution for me, even if i like the water tool adapter idea of the vapor blunt! I would get such a mouth piece if available for the solo, sureley.

hope that explains all :)

mrweed,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
thanks for your answers guys, BUT a whip on the normal stem is way to fat for me... I know that this works, but it's just not what i want!
what i want is a long but tight whip for my solo and this adapter seems like the right choice. also it has a small air injector for better air-flow.

solo-ash-catcher_zps5b0f95d9.jpg

Too much path however the FLAVOR is RICH!
The GonG adaptor hit the concrete floor and is in pieces.
PLANET VAPES keeps running out of inventory so I have to hurry up and wait!

ataxian,

$un

Damn i wonder when they are going to have the gongs in stock on pv! i have been waiting forever on the mailing list. is the stealth adapter only for whips? or what is the whole purpose of it?

$un,

clouded vision

I would get such a mouth piece if available for the solo, sureley.

hope that explains all :)
any of the hydro tubes including the one for the pinnacle work great with the solo someone is selling them on ebay. buy it now for 110 but he accepted an offer for 95

clouded vision,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Damn i wonder when they are going to have the gongs in stock on pv! i have been waiting forever on the mailing list. is the stealth adapter only for whips? or what is the whole purpose of it?
Looks like I need to visit the local glass blower and have a couple made.
It will cost more however at least I'll have them.
PLANET VAPES needs to have a 1,000 made you would think?

clouded vision said: "any of the hydro tubes including the one for the pinnacle work great with the solo someone is selling them on ebay. buy it now for 110 but he accepted an offer for 95"

That a good tip!

ataxian,

OF

I think the only solid answer is likely to come from PV. Not having one to look at, I took the other route and measured a couple of straws.....

Based on that, I'd say 1/4 inch ID tube is what you want. Good quality Silicone tube will surely stretch on the taper and seal and should be plenty small enough for your needs? One of the straws I measured was a bit under that so it would never work as PV advertises if the 1/4 tube doesn't.

Good luck.

I think thats how all solos are. At first I was alittle disappointed but honestly how often will you see the internals? When the solo is closed up it feels solid in the hand and more importantly is a very reliable device.

I can't comment on all, but I've been inside 3. One a loaner from a friend, the second my first new one (died out of the chute, went through the motions but didn't heat as can happen sometimes) and it's prompt replacement from PIU. Two of those 3 had latches that didn't seem to work as you'd think, like the photo. One had a cracked screw boss. All 3 were mechanically solid, 2 of the 3 functioned perfectly and the third should have but never got power to the heater (electronic problem I'd assume). Overall I'd rate the design very good, things plug in well, good quality parts used. The right things happen where they matter.

I can be fairly critical of such things and bought one after looking inside an older model. I have no problem recommending (or using) them.

OF

Edit: I forgot to point point out that while the latches might be convenient in keeping the cover on as a sub assembly, once it's mounted the screws do that function, the latches are at best redundant.

OF

poonman

ataxion I had trouble finding the auction with a normal search, someone else linked me, I'll PM you the link

Please post the link for us too .
I want the WT only , not the Pinnacle .
Will I need a Gong adapter to attach it to my Solo stem ?
If so , which ?

tia

poonman,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Was disappointed at how poorly the components connected together.
How do you like the way it vapes?
They do function well!

Please post the link for us too .
I want the WT only , not the Pinnacle .
Will I need a Gong adapter to attach it to my Solo stem ?
If so , which ?

tia
I found the one for the BLUNT at the local SMOKE SHOP for $100.
It as a 18mm connection.
The smaller PINNACLE HYDROTUBE as a 14mm connection.
These are $150 at the SMOKE SHOP so nhirsch's $95.00 ebay deal is very good!
I may just get the $100 SMOKE SHOP special.

mod note: 2 back to back posts merged. You know better.

ataxian,
Reactions: poonman

poonman

I found the one for the BLUNT at the local SMOKE SHOP for $100.
It as a 18mm connection.
The smaller PINNACLE HYDROTUBE as a 14mm connection.
These are $150 at the SMOKE SHOP so nhirsch's $95.00 ebay deal is very good!
I may just get the $100 SMOKE SHOP special.

Ya , I prefer the smaller size Pinnacle HT .
So I'll need to get the 14 mm size adapter or the 14 mm stem/adapter ....when they're in stock .
Wow , you can get it already at your LHS , so jealous .

" Budda "

poonman,
Top Bottom