• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

Curiousone

All jokes aside thats one of the many things I love about vapor - it leaves very little odor and if it does most non-users will think someone burnt popcorn. I've had some serious dank that left a trace but IMO that shit dissipates quickly, if not I would break some some incense cones.

I agree...I sometimes vape in shared space with non partakers...no one notices. I tend to vape a stem at a time mostly...but when I do more, I light a candle. Problem--more than solved.

Curiousone,
Reactions: OF

Armerad

Dabbin'
Uh oh, just noticed that my GonG lost a piece...From the bottom of one of the PVHES notches to like an eighth inch over.

It's functional, and airflow may even be improved. But now I'm paranoid about that glass shard, haven't found it yet and I don't know how the break happened.

Cant wait to switch to a female jointed stem.

Armerad,

OF

I agree...I sometimes vape in shared space with non partakers...no one notices. I tend to vape a stem at a time mostly...but when I do more, I light a candle. Problem--more than solved.

I like the candle bit. If someone interrupts you, just start saying 'Hail Marys' as fast as you can until they go away......

Packing up my solo for a business trip to NC tomorrow - the solo is perfect for hotels.

Good point. In a better world better hotels would have built in PAs....right next to the Internet jack.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OF it is so nice having you in this thread. Did you finally get your own solo or are you still borrowing? You have never fully said what you think of it since we all always ask you to compare just about everything to it and it still took this long to try it. Welcome to the solo club.:clap:

Dreamerr,

OF

OF it is so nice having you in this thread. Did you finally get your own solo or are you still borrowing? You have never fully said what you think of it since we all always ask you to compare just about everything to it and it still took this long to try it. Welcome to the solo club.:clap:

Thanks, Lady. Yes, I got one from Randy and am getting to know it. And working my way through the last six months of this thread (first) to get up to speed, I'm just over a month back now, should be up to date fairly soon. Thus far I like it, but am not sure I fully understand it and am using it optimally. Fun thing to take into the garden for sure.

Good marks to Randy, BTW. He hung with me through the initial unit dieing out of the chute, through a couple of shipping screw ups (one still lost out there somewhere it seems) to finally get me one that vapes on demand. Next chance he gets more of my money.

Thanks for the welcome. Soon I'm sure I'll find Pogo was right, "they is us".

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks, Lady. Yes, I got one from Randy and am getting to know it. And working my way through the last six months of this thread (first) to get up to speed, I'm just over a month back now, should be up to date fairly soon. Thus far I like it, but am not sure I fully understand it and am using it optimally. Fun thing to take into the garden for sure.

Good marks to Randy, BTW. He hung with me through the initial unit dieing out of the chute, through a couple of shipping screw ups (one still lost out there somewhere it seems) to finally get me one that vapes on demand. Next chance he gets more of my money.

OF
So Many Ways!
solo-ash-catcher_zps5b0f95d9.jpg

bopper

OF

Sounds like we got lucky with one that vaped right out of the box, but most folks seem to have the same experience.

Since when did those who use the solo become "the enemy"? :D

Best,

bopper

bopper,

Dreamerr

Mister I can't believe you read this whole thread...I tried and have read segments but it was just to long. I do read stuff when I google certain issues and of course pick the FC answer. I find stuff easier that way then the search on here. You will get the hang of it soon as you must have read already I had a hell of a time as well. Randy is great and glad he took care of you. That was a lot of issues for one shipment...sounds like my luck. Any questions you know all of us will answer.

Dreamerr,

OF

You will get the hang of it soon as you must have read already I had a hell of a time as well. Randy is great and glad he took care of you. That was a lot of issues for one shipment...sounds like my luck. Any questions you know all of us will answer.

He has no control of what comes out of the box, and it seems only some control of it actually getting here (one went 350 miles South to disappear in LA somewhere it seems, 'my' package got delivered a few days behind schedule...... Randy hung in there and shipped another out, he's got a white hat.

Hey, somebody has to get the duds, I guess it was my turn. I'm cool with that as long as there's a Randy handy to throw at it.

I'm having fun poking around with it some. Right now it seems like an electric, variable temperature Iolite to me. And round and cooler to hold.

Thanks for the offer to answer any questions. For starters, how about 'who am I?' and 'where am I going?'. And 'where can I get a good aphrodisiac?

Oh, yeah, and if you know where my innocence went, I'd kinda like to know? I don't miss it all that much, but from time to time I wonder....

OF

Dreamerr

Oh I would love to answer those questions but I would be banned ah ah ah only for being off topic...:brow:

Iolites make noise, nobody wants that or the butane.

Dreamerr,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey, OF... I'm glad to see you're finally giving a look-see at one of my favorite portables. I know you read through the entire thread because a week or two ago I got a message that you liked I post I made sometime during the Reagan administration.

Did you read the part about the tintest disk? Since I know how you love to play with stuff as much as I do, I'd love to send one to you to test out. I'm only asking because knowing you, you may have already cloned one and therefore it would be a waste of my time to offer mine.

Let me know if you'd like to test it out and I'll shoot it up to you. Hell, maybe I'll even send you the bonus Solo that showed up on my doorstep a while ago. Seems that all the mailmen here in LA just assume that a package from PIU is meant for me.

:peace:

OF

Iolites make noise, nobody wants that or the butane.

Yeah, fun thing is I like both those features. I'm a Luddite at heart, the hiss of it cycling is 'music to my ears' as the saying goes. Likewise, I like the gas idea, from it's being prehistoric in origin ending up in my vape to the fun physics going on.

Then again, I'm a nobody, so what you say above is still true?

Hey, OF... I'm glad to see you're finally giving a look-see at one of my favorite portables. I know you read through the entire thread because a week or two ago I got a message that you liked I post I made sometime during the Reagan administration.

Did you read the part about the tintest disk? Since I know how you love to play with stuff as much as I do, I'd love to send one to you to test out.

Yeah, now that the Cera silliness is dieing down, time to see why you guys are having so much fun I guess.

Not to feel too bad about my liking some antique post of yours. Rather I think you should find it encouraging. Really. I think you should keep trying, I think there's a definite chance you've gone one (or maybe even two?) good one left in you?

Sorry, I only went back to Thanksgiving or so to start, I'll pick up the early days later but starting later gets me up to speed faster. I'm after background and education not anything I'd comment on without being more up to speed. I'll go back and pick the rest up, but for now I don't know what this dintest disk thing is but if you think I should try it out, that's plenty good enough for me. Shall we PM?

Thanks to both of you.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Stu

exhaleclouds

floatin' with the clouds
Hey posting for a buddy... he claims his solo combusted while vapor-bonging. very odd never heard of that.
and now he said after he has left the vape off that the heating element is continuously heating up with no lights showing.

Anyone ever hear of this? Faulty board? I have my own solo that has worked great for the past year. Our models are m107's.

exhaleclouds,

Monti

and now he said after he has left the vape off that the heating element is continuously heating up...
Anyone ever hear of this?
Yes thats a "faulty board", if i remember right someone here had this problem too. Sorry can´t find the old post in this long thread here. Call the seller explain your problems and get a replacement for the broken device.

Monti,

Vapodudule

hey everybody.

just got the solo few weeks ago but i am still annoyed by the hard drag of the unit with all regulars stems (but pleased with flavor) especially with water path.

I am planning to buy somme specials High Efficiency stems as soon as they are avalaible again.

To wait untill that time i a am going to machine a regular stem to put some slots and groove on it to improve the drag.

My question is simple have you heard of such a machining before, if yes do you have some link to inspire me?

if somebody is glass machining skilled, i take the pieces of advice too!!

No matter what i will try it and may be make a report about it.

Vapodudule,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Did you read the part about the tintest disk? Since I know how you love to play with stuff as much as I do, I'd love to send one to you to test out. I'm only asking because knowing you, you may have already cloned one and therefore it would be a waste of my time to offer mine.

hey Stu, what is a tintest disk??? PM if you feel it will derail the thread further

Thanks

mmenzie,
Reactions: poonman

filteredhead

To wait untill that time i a am going to machine a regular stem to put some slots and groove on it to improve the drag.

My question is simple have you heard of such a machining before, if yes do you have some link to inspire me?
Here is an old by post by BeEazy to the Dremel bit he used, he also posted pics of the slotted/slitted stem mod in a few earlier posts on the same page:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-397#post-304075

filteredhead,
Reactions: smokum

Яev

If you leave the stem in for the whole 'bowl' does it continuously vaporizer the herb even when your not taking a hit? Cause it does smell up the room quite a bit!

Яev,

filteredhead

Tried those discs I had on-hand, they worked well, smoothed out the rough/edges by torching the slotted stem afterwards.

filteredhead,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Why my solo beat me down much stronger than EQ? with the same herb and quantity the solo fuck my mind when the eq deliver to me a nice head high? not that i've complain of course, just for curiosity...

Wolf46,

hoptimum

Why my solo beat me down much stronger than EQ? with the same herb and quantity the solo fuck my mind when the eq deliver to me a nice head high? not that i've complain of course, just for curiosity...

Solo is direct draw, meaning your vapor doesnt have to travel through a plastic tube before it reaches your mouth. Also, with the solo the herb is much closer to the heating element than with the EQ. I've noticed that the herb in the solo tends to cook more darkly and evenly. Finally, I think the restricted airflow in the solo design results in more concentrated vapor.

hoptimum,
Reactions: Wolf46
Top Bottom