• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

sessnet

Noob Saibot
got the tiny-disk and it really adds to the vapor production!! I still have a bit of a tight draw, but the hot air is flowing up through the holes in the disk, and I am milking up my aquavapor with much less effort than before. I've only had a few sessions with it so far, but it has been a real improvement.

Talking bout tintest's disk?

sessnet,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Glad the disk is working for you, Jam. Just be extra careful when removing the stem afterwards. I suggest letting it cool down a bit first as the disk has a tendency to go flying around in search for bare skin.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: sessnet
Hi- Im a brand new solo owner & first time vape owner.

First of all, this forum kicks ass & really helped in my decision making process.

Secondly, i tried searching, but i hope no one has already answered this question.

I just got the solo today & currently I am running the unit on full power (without a stem in) to get rid of any residual smells. I am concerned because the "heat light" only turns off briefly (for about 30 seconds) before it starts blinking again.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if this is normal.

I have read that the heat light may turn on while taking a draw, but the unit is currently just running without any draws being taken from it.

basically, my concern is that the unit isnt heating all the way/properly & i would love for one of you kind solo owners out there to put my mind at ease.

thanks in advance for any help-- sorry this is so long... i ramble :-/

golantravize

professional metaphysician
This is perfectly normal, the Solo turns the heater on and off in order to maintain the correct temperature, just like your oven does. enjoy your new Solo!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Glad the disk is working for you, Jam. Just be extra careful when removing the stem afterwards. I suggest letting it cool down a bit first as the disk has a tendency to go flying around in search for bare skin.

:peace:

yeah, I've had it pop out a few times and had to find something to pick it up with. I now carefully pull the stem out, slow, and as soon as it's out, i put the rubber stopper in place, so I don't forget and tip it out. I would also hate to loose it, and avoid any potential burns while I'm at it. Thanks for the heads up!! :tup:

jambandphan03,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Hey tinest,

I can confirm that your insert does slightly improve the ease of draw on the Solo (slightly = good). I appreciate the fast shipping & free properly sized "O" ring - which makes the stem fit nice and snug for tipping it upside down to use with my bubbler. Well worth the $13 bucks. It would have cost me several times that in terms of time/money/gas to make something like this on my own - thanks!

u bwade wunner

What websites are my best options for replacement stems? (Cali)
VcdDr.png

Planet vape. check the link here to find out all about their custom pieces already out or coming for the solo.I have purchased some pieces from them and they are a pleasure to deal with.

here is their thread on FC

Also for ladies and gentlemen these little beauties that will be with us soon from Eds tnt stems

here is Eds thread on FC which include his unbreakable wooden solo stems

enjoy:)

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: rufrothy

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Those are PV's prototype test stems... the final release of what is going to be offered is still in the air I believe until next or the following weeks.

I truly hope that whatever is finalized comes with a screen catch built in to make screen use more easy for us.

Also, and even though I'm in Canaduhh, PV has always been a pleasure to deal with and very fast to ship or reply to questions.

smokum,

golantravize

WOW... I may or may not have started drooling on my shirt after having seen those new stems. I'm not exactly sure what the expected benefits would be of the modified stems, but these sure look cool and The stock stems could definitely be improved upon. I also like that all the stems pictured are straight, cleaning the bent stems is incredibly difficult.

golantravize,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I knew when I first got my Solo, that there was a whole world of stem possibilities waiting to be discovered.

Super excited that someone (PV) is actually experimenting and creating new ones!

sessnet,
Reactions: turk

natural farmer

WOW... I may or may not have started drooling on my shirt after having seen those new stems. I'm not exactly sure what the expected benefits would be of the modified stems, but these sure look cool and The stock stems could definitely be improved upon. I also like that all the stems pictured are straight, cleaning the bent stems is incredibly difficult.

Agree on the difficulty of the cleaning of the bent stems. I find them easier to hold and to use though, especially when holding the solo upside down. Any idea for a brush that can reach beyond the bent???

natural farmer,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Agree on the difficulty of the cleaning of the bent stems. I find them easier to hold and to use though, especially when holding the solo upside down. Any idea for a brush that can reach beyond the bent???

I had to clean one that I sent to Vito. I only used it a couple of times, but I had a brand new one I was sending also, and saw the difference of a slight yellow tint from oil.

Put my finger over one end to clog it. Poured a tiny bit (1/3 the stem) of ISO in the stem. Then pour a small bit of salt in there, cover the other end, and shake a bit.

Since mine wasn't so dirty it was clean in a few seconds. If yours is super dirty you can leave it to soak in ISO overnight or maybe more salt/shaking will do the trick. :tup:

golantravize

I had to clean one that I sent to Vito. I only used it a couple of times, but I had a brand new one I was sending also, and saw the difference of a slight yellow tint from oil.

Put my finger over one end to clog it. Poured a tiny bit (1/3 the stem) of ISO in the stem. Then pour a small bit of salt in there, cover the other end, and shake a bit.

Since mine wasn't so dirty it was clean in a few seconds. If yours is super dirty you can leave it to soak in ISO overnight or maybe more salt/shaking will do the trick. :tup:

This is exactly how I clean my stems, (all my glass really). Although now that I use a screen with my bent stem I wait until a lot of oil collects then I soak them in a small glass of boiling water. Next time I'm going to try using hot everclear instead. That way I'm not wasting the pure goodness left behind in the stem.

golantravize,
Reactions: sessnet

golantravize

actually I let the water evap and the result is edible. I've only tried it twice and with pretty low amounts. My friends have lower tolerance and it really threw them for a loop! I just used hot water and sugar. we did a shot each using the resin from one stem. Next time I'll use alcohol and wait for more resin, then I'll report back and tell you how it went.

My understanding is that what I'm taking out of the stem is condensed THC vapor and not much else, so it should be activated just by virtue of having come out of my solo right? If I were to try vaping it I'd have to let it completely evaporate and then it's hard to get all the resin out of the new container. The whole idea seems ind of messy and inefficient if you can just eat/drink it instead.

I'm really curious to see what everyone else thinks about my methods and line of reasoning.

golantravize,

turk

turk
...thanks for that...I'm just about to reach that point with one of my bent stems.....curious as to what folks were doing...

sessnet

Noob Saibot
What is EFFING awesome is the Solo stems fit PERFECTLY into the bottle of ISO I have, as-is off the shelf.

I was hunting for days for a perfect glass jar. But, most of us have a huge collection of stuff, another jar doesn't help. And, I couldn't find one.

So, after a few days, I got fed up and tried dropping them into the bottle, to soak, and sure enough you can fit a whole army of stems in one of those bottles!

One day, in a year or so, maybe I'll evap that ISO and collect! :ko:

golantravize

To Turk (sessnet obviously doesn't need any advice XD)

My only for sure advice right now is to make sure you use enough, The first time I did it I didn't feel anything, but my friend compared it to vaping a bowl which is pretty awesome. I think using everclear will make a lot of difference too as you can evaporate it down and put it in a dropper bottle. (There is a thread about this somewhere, I think the golden dragon thread) That way you can add it to food, drink it straight, dropper it onto fresh bud and let it dry, you name it.

golantravize,
Top Bottom