Arizer Solo

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
AFAIK, The PV GonG adapter is a stock arizer stem, cut shorter, and with a GonG joint fused to it.
So any tightness/looseness is still based on the stems being handmade by arizer.

Ville23

AFAIK, The PV GonG adapter is a stock arizer stem, cut shorter, and with a GonG joint fused to it.
So any tightness/looseness is still based on the stems being handmade by arizer.
Hmmmm now that's interesting. I wonder why it's so loose then?
If I turn it upside down, it will almost fall out on it's own being brand new.
I'm going to try that O ring that thekeeper suggested...Hopefully that'll help a bit.

Ville23,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks

Thanks for that. I always assumed they made the whole thing from scratch and that it has a different bowl and airflow as well. I think someone here mentioned the glass was thicker on the GonG stems btw?

If it's just the same stem that's modified I don't think I'll bother getting one, since I have no problem mating my regular stems with my Ehle.

OhTheAgony,

natural farmer

Hmmmm now that's interesting. I wonder why it's so loose then?
If I turn it upside down, it will almost fall out on it's own being brand new.
I'm going to try that O ring that thekeeper suggested...Hopefully that'll help a bit.

my stock stems also fall when hot and upside down ville... a new way to hold it that I developed these days is to push the rubber cover with finger against the stem. That way it is quite hard to drop it. Only if you lessen the pressure of the finger maybe... :p

Vito... the pic is also for you! :) And everyone else of course :lol:

http://flic.kr/p/bDC3oC

natural farmer,
Reactions: Vitolo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So a question once again - do you grind the herb fine or not? if so do you use a screen to cover the holes ?

BTW, don't you think it is possible to make the solo a mini cloud? :p

m0sh,
Reactions: Vitolo

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I Grind my herb to the same consistency for basically every vape.
I don't grind super-fine, but I still need a screen or I get particles coming through.

EDIT:
OTA, here's a post from planetvape from their thread
Ground Glass on Glass connector Stem tubes in both 14mm and 18mm, carbed and non-carbed. Made using high quality Ground Glass connectors and the OEM Solo stem tube for a factory perfect fit. Also features roll stops.
Peace and Love,
PlanetVape

natural farmer

natural farmer,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I grind super fine for maximum surface of herbs for a more efficient vaporization. I use an old iPod's headphones' SS screen and almost nothing comes through... :)

http://flic.kr/p/buKPtL

hehe nice one - i had a lot of earphones and I ruined them all...I should have thought about it...

I have EQ screens so I'll try to cut them well.

m0sh,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Cool!
Can I ask, how did you find or make these perfectly sized screens:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57144240@N03/6888979102/in/photostream/

EDIT: Crud, I see it's from the iphone now - that would make them the most expensive screens ever :o

Also from PLanetvape or Ebay. . I got like 500 screens for $3.97 delivered off ebay that work perfectly. Thanks to da ape for the original link. The link in the wiki is no longer valid but that might give you an idea of whats possible.

ru_frothi,
Reactions: sessnet

Vitolo

Vaporist
Great pic, ili!
Well.. final verdict is in
I heard back fro Kevin at Arizer.
I told him I had stems coming, and that I felt that members at FC did his job for him.. and got me "happy" with my Solo.
He wrote back and said:
He was happy to have helped me, and not to hesitate to write back to Arizer with future questions.
:/

One man's reality; Watching a movie, played on the back side of one's retina, that nobody else can see.

Yeah, they don't sound too helpful, I would expect more from a reputable Canadian company. Nice work Sess! What a community we got here!

havealight101,

natural farmer

Great pic, ili!
Well.. final verdict is in
I heard back fro Kevin at Arizer.
I told him I had stems coming, and that I felt that members at FC did his job for him.. and got me "happy" with my Solo.
He wrote back and said:
He was happy to have helped me, and not to hesitate to write back to Arizer with future questions.
:/

One man's reality; Watching a movie, played on the back side of one's retina, that nobody else can see.

hahahahaha! Kevin is a Zen guru in my book! Seriously! Give it some thought... He brings people closer to solve problems and then disarms you with a genius comment and lets you find the answer to your questions! For me that's priceless. :bowdown:
That's what I and others here try to do with natural farming (fukuoka)... Bring people together, the rest is natural... :)

Nic

Good afternoon Soloists! Your wonderful research and discussions have convinced me to purchase this as my first vaporizing device. Previously my vaping experience has been limited to occasional use of a friends vaporbros box-style.

I should be receiving my unit today, and I was wondering if longer than 4 hours for a first time charge was required/recommended. I know many times an extended first charge is recommended by manufacturers of Li-ions; I think approximately an additional 20% charge time?

Also, I have noticed that the non-carb GonG piece is more popular than the carbed one. Mine will sit vertically (Sheldon Black bub), and I was thinking it would be easier to clear with a carb than to try to lift both pieces (if it's loose). Those who prefer the non-carbed, what are your reasons? Thank you and cheers from Los Angeles!

Nic,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have the non-carbed GonG stem. I got it because I don't like messing with carbs in general, but in retrospect, I wish I had picked up the carbed version. Sometimes it can be awkward to lift off the stem while balancing the weight of the Solo above just to clear the bong. I think a carb would've been the better choice for me, but the non-carbed stem still works just fine for me and I haven't broken anything yet.

:2c:

Stu,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i got the non carb cause i wanted to use the gong stem as a mini stem too.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: Nic

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I bought both, but only used the non-carbed one. I figured it would get hot where the hole is, since the stem itself gets pretty hot there.

Don't know why I never tried it? Maybe I got too used to just pulling the Solo out of the glass itself.

However, sometimes the gong stem gets somewhat stuck in my Mobius.. and now, I wish I tried the carbed one...

I didn't use it for a while, and ended up sending it to someone a couple of weeks ago, as a gift :)

sessnet,
Reactions: Ville23

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
recommend getting the 14mm if you want to use as short stem the 19mm joint may be too big.

ilovebOObs,

golantravize

professional metaphysician
So I've had one of the old models (don't know which one cause the sticker was blank) for almost a year. I sent it in for a replacement because of the chipped ceramic and I just got my new M-106 today.I can't believe how much better the airflow is! Maybe my old solo was defective but it felt particularly constricting, the M-106 felt like there was actually an air intake somewhere. The first stem I tried was very hard to get in the first time, but I eventually got it and now it's fine.

The take away here is that the difference between the models has been IMO way underrepresented.

golantravize,

turk

turk
....received my package of extra stems, screens, and caps...from planet vape...the caps are really fucking great...allows you to take a couple of hits, cap the stem, and put away and save for later.... with no herb spilling out....

jambandphan03

in flavor country
got the tiny-disk and it really adds to the vapor production!! I still have a bit of a tight draw, but the hot air is flowing up through the holes in the disk, and I am milking up my aquavapor with much less effort than before. I've only had a few sessions with it so far, but it has been a real improvement.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom