Arizer Solo

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
vapeon said:
I have a M104 ceramic, works great, no peeling yet. I start at 2 end up at 3-4. Comes out pretty browned by the time it's done. Maybe it runs a little hotter. Worse battery life then alot of you get on here though. :2c:

I'll have to try mine at a slightly lower temp and see how I like it. As it is right now, I can probably vape 4 or 5 fully packed stems before I need a recharge. How does that stack up to your numbers?

Cheers!

Bluntcrush,

reverser

Does anybody understand exactly the changes in the M106?

There seems to be a more detailed discussion of the differences going on here:

http://www.cannabis-exotique.info/showthread.php?11949-Solo-de-Arizer/page5

Does anyone have knowledge of exactly how this new teflon ring and cutouts in bottom of crucible affect performance positively or negatively?

Despite Arizer saying nothing has changed, it seems something has.

Any info appreciated.

reverser,

mari

dscf1010t.jpg

Blow in the bottom and see where the air comes out!

You will feel the air blowing out the top of the unit. This does not necessarily mean that inhaling from the stem pulls-in much air from the electronics/battery compartment, but it does mean that you are inhaling SOME.

This helps greatly to explain the smell issues some people are reporting.

mari,
reverser said:

Does anyone have knowledge of exactly how this new teflon ring and cutouts in bottom of crucible affect performance positively or negatively?

Any info appreciated.
Yea I don't know that language, but thanks for the link.

VapeNStone,

chris

Hi everyone,
thanks for your help & advice!
To keep you updated, the shop wrote me back saying he hadn't understood the tube wasn't getting in, and confirms it's not normal and apologized.
(merci la centralevapeur pour l'offre d'aide!)

The upper joint must have retracted itself under the heat as the tubes are now getting in, it's very tight, but you get a bit of air from the 4 holes at the bottom of the SS cup (don't know how you call that), it's quite hard to breath in.
I get proper clouds now and no burning smell by not going above 5. I still feel the high is not as strong and as long as when smoking, I get headaches right after a few hits which I never got when smoking, that's a bummer.
I hope I'm not inhaling stuff coming from the electronics below, as the air is coming from the only hole in the unit which is the power plug at the very bottom, so the air travels all through the machine, would have been better to get air from the top IMO.
Also I'm using more herbs, like twice as much, to be high.

Question: do you just breath in the vapor cloud and stop (like one second or less) or breath long hits (like 3 to 5 sec) ?

I don't understand the conduction/convection thing. On the volcano site, it says conduction is for old models and is proved to be not efficient, the solo is sold as a convection unit, but the vape is created by a metal plate warming up the herbs that touch it, that's conduction, where is the convection ?

EDIT: oh yes and the battery is dead after 5x 12 min ! :(

chris,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@ Chris :A full charged battery should last more (though it depends if you do only sessions on temp rating 7!). But we usually get 12 "normal sessions" (from 3 to 7 in the 12 mn time) out of a full battery!

@VapeNstone...yeah we ain't savages! BTW we even have our own section here:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewforum.php?id=18
:D FWENCH INVASION :D

Edit: BTW: headaches...no good at all with the solo history IMO!
More herb as a vape newb... it might be...
1st: you have to keep your inhales LONGER, based on "vapor exhaled is wasted vapor" which is a little extreme but vapor takes longer to hit your cells...so keep it a little longer IN!
2nd:you just have to understand the high of vaping vs the stone of smoking!
Yes you will get almost no physical effect which is "your reference " to say I'm stoned...but in fact you are much more high (you will feel it by moving around, going out, talking to people etc!) and it lasts WAY longer!
3rd: I'm pretty sure as an ex smoker, the solo's restricted air flow is driving you nuts...I always recommend, if you come straight from years of combustion to go for a massive vape/air ratio but also an enormous draw capacity (to reproduce smoking)...but we are out of specs here!
;)

FLskwat,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
mari said:

Yeah, I had a girlfriend who used to tell me the same thing. I told her to pull my finger. ;)

Papa Woody,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
mari said:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4482/dscf1010t.jpg

You will feel the air blowing out the top of the unit. This does not necessarily mean that inhaling from the stem pulls-in much air from the electronics/battery compartment, but it does mean that you are inhaling SOME.

This helps greatly to explain the smell issues some people are reporting.

Try blowing in the bowl, air will come out through the top alongside your cheeks.

Just because you can blow through it doesn't necessarily mean the air-path runs through it as well.

edit:never mind, that was not what you're saying. I should have read better.

OhTheAgony,

reverser

Budzilla:

Thanks for taking the time to post here. I appreciate it.

I also just ordered an M106 - expecting it tomorrow.

I'm curious about the discussion (and picture) of the 4 holes in the bottom of the crucible the (top down picture of the unit). Is that different from the other models? Does it affect performance?

The teflon ring - what purpose does it serve? Does it affect performance?

What are your overall feelings on the unit? Do you have experience with the other models? How does it compare?

Lastly, did you have the smell issue with your 106? I see that even in French they are being called "robot farts" or "pet de robot."

Thanks for any information you can offer.

reverser,

chris

thanks FLskwat for advice about keeping in the vape, I'll try that.

with what you said about headaches I did a research here and indeed found many people getting them with the solo. I get pulsing headaches, on both sides of the head and in the eyebrows cavity (sinus) and sometimes in the eyes, a few minutes after blowing in but way before feeling high.

I don't have any smell coming from the metal cup, other than warm metal.
I don't hear any noise from the solo.

Someone said it might be the effect of THC, but would it happen straight away, ie. minutes before feeling high?

Have people who complained about headaches last year got rid of the solo, or things have improved ? ( I have 25 days to return the unit if unhappy)

people talk about boiling the top, they mean the black (or silver) part you can unscrew, or the actual cup for which you have to remove 4 screws etc ?
thanks in advance

chris,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
my old black ceramic 104 gave me headaches, still not sure whats causing it but everytime i hit the 104 i would get headaches could be related to the smell issue. but my replacement ss 105 is solid with no headaches at all and no smell.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

chris said:
OK and you didn't boil anything ?

i did an iso soak of the casing and baked the cap, which made the smell better, but it still gave me headaches.

ilovebOObs,

vapeon

Bluntcrush said:
vapeon said:
I have a M104 ceramic, works great, no peeling yet. I start at 2 end up at 3-4. Comes out pretty browned by the time it's done. Maybe it runs a little hotter. Worse battery life then alot of you get on here though. :2c:

I'll have to try mine at a slightly lower temp and see how I like it. As it is right now, I can probably vape 4 or 5 fully packed stems before I need a recharge. How does that stack up to your numbers?

Cheers!
I don't keep close count (too stoned) but I don't think I get much more than 3, maybe 4 if lucky but I don't think so, lightly packed bowls before time to recharge. I don't usually let it run down completely before recharging. I also am usually done before 12 minutes by myself, I get more than 1 session out of a bowl. :peace:

vapeon,

ilovebOObs

vapeon said:
Bluntcrush said:
vapeon said:

Cheers!
I don't keep close count (too stoned) but I don't think I get much more than 3, maybe 4 if lucky but I don't think so, lightly packed bowls before time to recharge. I don't usually let it run down completely before recharging. I also am usually done before 12 minutes by myself, I get more than 1 session out of a bowl. :peace:

wow i normally hit like 3 bowls off of 1 12min session, is that normal???? thats on temp setting 5 and after the session my battery indicator still shows a full 7. i have never ran down the battery completely yet either. lowest i've been down to is 2 and thats a few sessions witha few friends.

ilovebOObs,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, I was considering this vape, but horrible smells and headaches?!? Yea, think I'll pass. I vape so there are no horrible smells, and I would expect headaches to go away, not appear!!!!

Tstat,

vapeon

VapeNStone said:
reverser said:

Any info appreciated.
Yea I don't know that language, but thanks for the link.
When there, right clik to have your browser translate to English, then you can read it. :peace:

vapeon,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I bought a Solo on January 8th. The unit was an M102 model, specifically. I've used it 2-3 times per day since buying, and have absolutely zero problems with it. No funny smells, no ceramic flaking and I can easily roast a stemful to whatever degree of doneness I want. A few joint/bong smoker friends had no trouble with the 'restricted' draw, although I did tell them about it first and explained how to hit the Solo.

Really regret not buying this last summer. As soon as the weather warms up, I see this being very useful when walking the dogs.

Tom

Oh yeah, other than having to clean out the ceramic bowl a bit there was no problem at all vaping a stem of just kief.

tdavie,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I occasionally get headaches when using my solo(s), but I am 99% sure that in my case it isn't actually the solos fault...
I tend to get headaches when I cough alot, and sometimes the solo can make me cough like a mofo.
(most of the time it is when a friend who likes just hitting it on 7 can't finish a stem, and I finish it)

I get the same thing with all of my vapes, So that could be a factor for the headaches.

Tdavie,
I was always a bit paranoid of the kif falling through the air holes in the bottom of the heater, so I always put a screen on top of the kif as well.
That always worked well for me.

Frederick McGuire,

vapeon

To, I love b00bs, "wow i normally hit like 3 bowls off of 1 12min session, is that normal???? thats on temp setting 5 and after the session my battery indicator still shows a full 7."

Yea my lungs would never handle 3 bowls in 12 minutes. Are they pretty browned ? I suppose easy enough to do at higher temps. I wish my battery would last like that. I will be contacting Arizer, waiting to see if it peels also. :peace:

vapeon,

ilovebOObs

@ vapeon yea i hit it till i dont like the taste, my avb is pretty dark brown. this is with the ss 105.

@tstat. hey bro it was just a bad unit i guess, my replacement unit is smell free and is a champ. still lovin my solo to the fullest.

ilovebOObs,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Damn, lots to like for my situation. But I just don't know. Don't need a portable, and a bit turned off by the opinions on this thread...

Tstat,

ilovebOObs

yeah the solo seems to be a love it or hate it kind of vape. with all your nice glass i would consider a VHW or LSV.

ilovebOObs,
I like my Solo, Tstat. It stinks just a weeee bit, and I still ponder trying to get another replacement based on other people saying new units have no smell... But it's a little power house. Big medicine in a little package, with very little learning curve. It's great for all kinds of concentrates, and is a relatively robust unit overall. The stems harvest goo which is its own bit of fun as well.

If Arizer had gone with a more pure airpath and sorted out all these problems in the beginning, it really would be a world-class design at the price point it's now plummeted to.

Maybe get the Solo as a portable and wait impatiently for the VXC to be the heavy hitter at home.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom