Arizer Solo

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Soulhunter said:
Now i have had some hours with this thing, and what can i say? I absolutely hate this piece of garbage!
It still smells just as bad as it did when i got it. It has the smell of new electronics. And it rely stinks up the place when it heats up.
I have been "stoopid" and used the unit, just cause i am curios how it performes :p
I have not tasted anything bad when vaporizing. But the smell is to strong to not be conserned about health issues.

The performance of the unit is a joke! The draw is so restricted it is imposiboe to hit it normal. I found the jest way was to hit it like a cigaret and filling your mouth with tiny hits and inhaling hundred of them.
This thing is so restricted i would not even cal it a vaporizer, its a cooking heater and a glass tube. This has to be a timetravel back to the very begining of the vaporizer era.
I have not been able to produce nothing but tiny thin hits with this thing. I have tryed everything and only small thin hits.
It gets me medicated, and the herb i very even extrcted without stirring.

But for now i hate this thing its the worst vaporizer i have owned. I would actualy rate it lower than a Vapir One 5.0, and that says a lot. I hated that unit so much i will never buy vapir again ever. And i like this unit worse!
How so many of u praise this unit i cant get my head around. I dont think i can be bothered to try to send it back to get a replacement.

I am starting to realy wonder why Arizer dont promote this unit on their web site. It has been on the market quite some time now.

Sorry Arizer i wil never give u money ever again. This has to be the worst design of a vaporizer ever!
If i were u i would be shamed for putting a product like this out on the market!

Peace out!

Everything expect the smell is user error. Sorry, but I have used 2 hole and 4 hole stems, in both the older ceramic solo that gets hotter, and the newer, cooler temp ss solo. Both times I easily got huge clouds. I always use a domed screen in the stem as well. I have never read anyone say that the solo did not provide huge vapor clouds, well except for you.

aesthyrian,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
vape4life said:
by the look of that pic it looks completely shiny SS!

Ya crappy lighting but you can sort of tell it is only at the friction point (stem on ceramic) that has gone silver , the rest is still the same color . if you look right into the bottom you can see a silver ring where its wore off .

Samsquanch,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm wondering if Soulhunter is packing his bowls to tight, but he should return that unit anyway because of the stink. I don't think you've owned it that long so if you're really done with it perhaps can just get a refund?

Same goes for Phineas. Don't wait, just contact them for a warranty replacement. Or are you worried it won't help because you might get a stinker again, like I was? In that case, my replacement replacement is in the hands of Dutch customs now, should be here in a week or so.

Last time I emailed with Steve from Arizer they were still looking in to the smell issue, but not denying it. They have some suspicion where it might come from but they need to do more research first to be sure what's the source of the problem. At the time he claimed to have only one unit they received back that they could confirm it actually had the smell issue, and they would like to examine more units with the problem. So anyone who has one, contact them and send it back.
Back then I couldn't get any info on this issue out of the tech guy (forgot his name, I think it was Kevin) so I just kept bugging him until I finally got to speak his supervisor (not entirely sure, but I think that that Steve guy is the CO of Arizer) which eventually resulted in some answers. I have no reason to believe he was bullshitting me, he seemed very open and thorough & I hope they get this issue resolved soon.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

*SIGH*- just got my warranty replacement, replacement. M106 w/ a SS bowl.

Dont know yet if it stinks, but I wll tell what does stink. the stems dont fit,none of them.
I just broke one trying to get it to fit. FFS
and they only sent the unit & the charger, which is fair enough if they actually fit in the 1st place.

Why is this shit so fucking hard?

it appears there is a grey(ish) ring around the top just above the SS bowl. does anyone know what this is made of?? I think I need to either remove it or work out how to give it a trim in order for the solo to accept the stems.

this shit is getting pretty hard to defend.

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The M105 I send back also had that ring Dorkus. It was pretty hard to get the first stem in but with a little force and some fear of shattering the glass and ripping my hands open it did go in. I could only get the new stems in that came with it though, my old 2 hole stems were to thick for me to work up the courage to force them. The stems were in a different little white box with a aromacup and some pot-pourri, perhaps you overlooked it?

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

nah- they didnt send it. as per their request I only sent the unit & the charger & thats what they sent back.
all the stems I have are the bent 2 holed type.

I think this ring is going to need some modification.

its still charging, so I am yet to find out if its a stinky one or not. as soon as its charged, I will test it & see if I can mod the ring a bit. otherwise this mofo is useless.

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^^^^dorkus.

I would study it a bit to make sure the hole in the cap is not too misaligned with the crucible. To ck that back the cap off and see if there is a sweet spot where they align better. I have seen stems loose when threaded just through the cap. I have seen the same stem fit the crucible just fine-but when the cap is screwed down on the Solo the stem is tight to the point where the stem "clicks" in. Mine clicks in and I love it but I have had to make it draw in other ways to compensate.

I mean Dorkus only .003 inch decides whether it will fit or not. If the stems fit the crucuble-then work on the cap with a rat tail file but ever so slight or you will have a floppy fit stem.

Or better yet roll up a piece of 400 grit paper and work that slowly thru the cap hole til you get the fit.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

@da ape- twas the 1st thing I checked, cause i remebered your post about the cap not lining up properly.
Its the poxy little ring that sits above the SS bowl not the cap alignment for sure.

I'm going give a bit of a trim, it appears to be some sort of plastic.

wish me luck.

dorkus_molorkus,
Soulhunter said:
Now i have had some hours with this thing, and what can i say? I absolutely hate this piece of garbage!
It still smells just as bad as it did when i got it. It has the smell of new electronics. And it rely stinks up the place when it heats up.
I have been "stoopid" and used the unit, just cause i am curios how it performes :p
I have not tasted anything bad when vaporizing. But the smell is to strong to not be conserned about health issues.

The performance of the unit is a joke! The draw is so restricted it is imposiboe to hit it normal. I found the jest way was to hit it like a cigaret and filling your mouth with tiny hits and inhaling hundred of them.
This thing is so restricted i would not even cal it a vaporizer, its a cooking heater and a glass tube. This has to be a timetravel back to the very begining of the vaporizer era.
I have not been able to produce nothing but tiny thin hits with this thing. I have tryed everything and only small thin hits.
It gets me medicated, and the herb i very even extrcted without stirring.

But for now i hate this thing its the worst vaporizer i have owned. I would actualy rate it lower than a Vapir One 5.0, and that says a lot. I hated that unit so much i will never buy vapir again ever. And i like this unit worse!
How so many of u praise this unit i cant get my head around. I dont think i can be bothered to try to send it back to get a replacement.

I am starting to realy wonder why Arizer dont promote this unit on their web site. It has been on the market quite some time now.

Sorry Arizer i wil never give u money ever again. This has to be the worst design of a vaporizer ever!
If i were u i would be shamed for putting a product like this out on the market!

Peace out!
Your not hitting it hard enough if your not getting clouds. Or not turning it up enough? What setting do you start and finish at? Do you have the 4 hole or the 2 hole stems? SS or ceramic? Because my SS I can actually hit it too hard and not really get any vapor because I'm dropping lights so quickly. But my ceramic you really have to slam in order to get a good hit. Are you stems loose or tight fitting? Because my ceramic is loose and my SS is tight in terms of how the stems fit. The loose fit I make sure to just slightly rock the stem back and forth(I use the straight stems) and it seems to open it up to be able to hit it better. The SS I actually have to barely hit it or I don't get the density or the clouds that I like. I say send it in to get a replacement if its a ceramic, you sound like you would be much much happier with the SS.

VapeNStone,

Vaped Ape

Dorkus if you end up with a floppy stem I got a fix for that too. All this needs to go into your Cliff's Notes.

Somebody is going to say I want to know, I want to know.

I can't fix a loose pussy but I can fix a loose stem.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

with Borat accent- "much success!'

I have successfully modded the top ring! I just got a sharp paring knife & give it a bit of a scrape all round,
well I now have 3 stems that fit, and not only that, I like my stems loose.

well they sit in there pretty snug, but they are now quite loose & twirl around quite easily. (just like my original unit).

So, if you have recieved a unit that holds your stems too tight for your liking, perhaps you might want to consider giving the top ring a bit of a trim.

I could feel a slight difference on the plastic ring, sort of like a small flaw or ripple in the plastic.
a bit hard to describe, but I am sure that was the issue.

anyhoo, all fixed now. Just about to fire it up & see if its a stinky one.

@ vapenstone- prolly wouldnt worry too much trying to convince soulhunter to persist. he has already popped up on the vaporblunt thread & declared the solo a POS.
Although, other than the smell issue, I agree with the above poster.
OPERATOR ERROR.

Another validation for peeps to read the whole thread. the restrictive draw is a feature, and not a con IMO & has been pretty well covered in the thread. Although it does take a bit of getting used to.

I fired up my DBV the other week and found myself pinching the whip hose in order to restict the draw just like i am now used to with the solo. several bowls later, packed the DBV away, not interested anymore & I struggle to get the same cloud density from the DBV to match the solo.

@ da ape- I like em loose, but out of curiousity whats the fix??

more success! no stinky solo here!~woohoo, just ran one cycle, couldnt smell a thing, put an empty stem in & had a toke. no smell, no taste. noice

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm glad you got it figured out, Dorkus!

My friend called me recently after getting a Solo on my recommendation. He said the stems don't fit at all. He said he used as much force as he could without breaking the stem and they would not go in. Well a couple of days later I visited him and took a look at his unit. I popped the first stem right in and also the second. They were a snug fit to be sure, but he just needed to apply more force than he was. Now he has no problems with the tight stems; it just took some getting used to using that much force on a piece of glass.

:peace:

Stu,

Vaped Ape

^^^^^stu & dorkus^^^^^^

Stu ,sounds like the same fit I have. also most feel a click when the stem seats. Tight with no worry of the stem falling out if you have to lay it in the car seat real quick.

Dorkus and others

Do your homework and if you decide that you need to tighten the alum cap hole, but still want the draw, this can help. First wiggle the stem and see how much clearance you see between the alum cap and the glass stem. If it is more than a few thousands, this can help snug up the stem and help to keep it from rotating.

Take the cap off, turn it over lay it on a flat hard surface. Can't be wood or plastic. I used an small area of my shop vice that sort of doubles as a piece of anvil. Take an awl or a new sharp nail and as close as you can get to the hole set the point and give it a very very gentle tap with a tack hammer. You will end up with a tiny dimple in the underside of the cap resulting in tightening of the hole diameter. Sort of knurling if you will. The reason you do not want to do this on a soft surface is because the dimple will transfer through to the other side. Easy does sit. If you over do it you have to file it back...tap easy.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

Vaped Ape

Finally got my ISO evaporated out of the ISO jar that I was cleaning my awful, awful stems in. Almost puked at the site of that resin.

I had soaked maybe four gooey stems and threw in a tablespoon of ABV for good measure. I shook it daily and let it set for about a month capped up. They I strained out the sediment and poured it out in a bowl and let it evaporate.

After scraping the oil out of the bowl I decided to warm the residual oil scrapings left in the bowl. I took the bowl and set it in a pan of hot water until the residuals were sticky. Then I put about a table spoon of herb in the bowl and stirred it together. You know the results and no left over resin. I have about a 1/2 thimble of straight oil and a film canister of some sticky bud.

Dorkus you can fiddle with that SS and burn off the new "stink" while you are getting clean. Heat cycle that bitch about 30 times.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

propjoe

i'd love to get some kind of a whip attachment to the solo. something so i can keep the solo down by my side

propjoe,

Vaped Ape

^^^propjoe

I run with a 1.5 inch stem and a few prepacked stems as I have said before. When I hit it in the car I just tip it up like a soda. Probably safe around most people but the fuz might think it was a beer so keep it below the door line if they are about.

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

dorkus_molorkus

@ da ape- cheers for the heads up on making the stems tight again. the new SS solo doesnt stink, but I will do some more cycles just in case.

Dont be too quick to bag out the yucky stems guys, one gooey stem helped me postpone my Tbreak by 24hrs.lol
but its in full swing today. not doing too bad ATM, but might have to lay of the beers as well I think.
No point in making this any harder than it needs to be, & me drinking & getting blazed goes together like cops & donuts.

@propjoe- whip hose from dabuddha or silver surfer will do that job nicely.

dorkus_molorkus,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
other buddy got has black stainless M105-XXXX unit today and hit virtually no smell at all. simple iso rub down and baking yielded totally smell free unit for now. Can't say I'm digging the lower temps on the SS unit as much.

BTW: like the hard vape case but its too small. not enough room to carry containers for fresh herbs and AVH without removing the AC Charger.

Anyone else got any recommendations on cool cases...

ru_frothi,
do you guys adjust the setting at all when you add concentrates to the mix?

And how do you do it? I assumed just pack a normal bowl and throw the keif or hash on top?

headiez247,

Soulhunter

I agree, me not getting big clouds could be because i have not had much time with the unit.
But it is not so tempting to hit that smelly unit!
And i knew the draw was suposed to be restricted, but this is just insane. I dont like the way this thing is designed. Nothing new and inovative. Actualy wery stoopid design for a vape that is designed to be moved around. Glass stems that sitts loose in the unit.

I will try to bake the plastic thing and top cap (?) and if that dont work I am realy not that sad it is not going to be my portable of choise anyhow :p
This vape is not for me. If i had gotten a non smelly unit i would just give it avay to a friend or something.
I have ordered a VaporBlunt, yes, and i am looking forward to test it. Chanses r i ordered myself a other piece of shitt, but time will tell ;) I was gonna get the thermo but with 100$ shipping i decided to try the vbl first and wait til i can find the thermo some other place

Edit: Ok, so now my waranty went out the window :p I tried to bake that plastic thing that surounds the heeting element and the alu cover/cap. I baked them at 200C since that is where i like to vaporize.
And the plastic heatercover just melted and deformed, so it is obviously not made to handle high temperatures. And for the smell issue, i dont think u will ever get rid of the smell. The fing heating element is held in place by the same plastic that the heater cover is made of.
Who cares about glass vaporpath, when u got plastic in the air path? This unit looks very nasty.
And the plastic obviously was not made for high temperatures as it just deformed at 200c. And this is the plastic holding the ss heater in plase. Oooooooo ss heater and glass vaporpath! We just forgot to mention the plastic heater holder and airpath!
On the bright side. My before black aluminium cap has now turned a sexy brown purple color. The vaporizer realy looks cool hehe. And there is less smell (since i have removed lots of plastic) and the unit performes much better IMO. Now the draw is much nicer.
But i can still smell the nastyness from the plastic that is holding the heater. And i wil stop using this unit now!

vape4life

Banned for life
Soul, I agree with you that this vape isn't as safe as people think. Arizer has always advertised "all glass" and ceramic heater etc with the EQ, yet when you take it apart you see it's filled with cheap plastic and China made parts. I don't think the Solo is designed with "health" in mind, because of all the plastic and taste/smell issues. Your observations have been the last draw for me, and I will never support Arizer ever again either. To have to fucking bake, iso, make bigger, make smaller, is a fucking JOKE! It has great potential, but my trust has been lost for good. I mean people are breaking their BRAND NEW stems just to get the thing to work? WTF? Sure their customer service is great, but what good is that when they replace one problem with another? I mean WTF, you buy a ceramic and are happy with it until it starts chipping, and then they replace with with a DIFFERENT product (being SS lower temp, less hard hitting)... ofcourse they would never give you your money back. The value of these things are gonna even plummet more, it's already dropped what $100 since launch? Just like the $300 EQ, worth what maybe $100 now?

My advice is to simply move on... some people won't learn and will make the same mistakes. If you care about the health of your lungs, and taste of your herb, you'll move on to something better. Not sure if the Blunt is the solution for you as i've read there is a plastic taste, at least when breaking in.

This fucking shit should be broken in before you buy it! This isn't a potporri device that will just warm flowers and make your house smell nicer, it's plastic chemicals or whatever being INHALED into your lungs! IMO Arizer should just throw in the towel on a horrible Vapir like china vape device. Harsh I know, but just my opinion and hopefully warning to others about what they are about to get into.

I'm officially ashamed of Arizer being a Canadian company, and not giving much of a fuck to do something serious about it. How can you trust a company that says only a "small batch" of ceramics were affected, and "inserts" would be given out, and then they switch to all SS and change the temp profile? Fucked if I know.

EDIT: Dorkus: happy you have a stink free Solo, but to say that it hits harder than a DBV?? Common man, after I temporarily switched back to the EQ it was night and day how much bigger, fuller, denser, the clouds were. How can you even compare a max temp of what 200C on the new SS solo vs 230 or higher on the EQ or DBV? Not to even mention how much more herb you can pack in them.

Also re: T-break, it takes a while for the withdrawl symtoms to kick in, typically 24 hrs past last use. So really the first day and night aren't so bad....then it gets bad for a few days to a week, and then starts to gradually get better..... day 17 so far for me i think! I also added an alcohol free T-break during this period as well lol Might as well go ALL OUT!

mod note: I suggest taking your own advice and move on. You've been repeatedly warned about attacking this company and you keep making rope to hang yourself with.

vape4life,

Soulhunter

Well, the blunt might notbe right for me, i dont realy have much hope. But its worth a try :)
the neverending quest for the perfect vape :p
One thing is sure thoug Arizer wil never se any more of my money. And i hope u guys come to your senses and stop using this nasty product. This is a cheap ass vape!

Edited for higer standards :p

Soulhunter,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You may have more success finding your 'perfect vape' if you do better research. Just an example, but whoever gave you the idea to put a piece of plastic in the oven? All I've read is that people bake the aluminium parts, and at a way lower temp than you did. If you don't have a brain you can rely on, READ!

OhTheAgony,

Soulhunter

Hehe, i know people only bake the aluminium cap, but i figured the smell had to be coming from the plastic.
And what was wrong with my brain when i thought the plastic pieses that r holding the heating element and actin as a heater cover coyld handle high temperatures? Rly? U think i was waaayyy out of line trying to heat a plastic part to a temperature it is designed to operate under? This is the plastic in the heater cover, and the same plastic is holding the heating element in place. U dont think that should je able to handle litle higer temps? What is max on the solo again? 210c? Nice to inow the plastic melts at 200 then!

Soulhunter,
Top Bottom