Arizer Solo

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sounds exactly the same as mine Soulhunter, I've send it back without ever using it for a replacement.

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
Soulhunter said:
So I went and picked up my solo at the post office today akd here r my first impression of the unit.
Mine is a model 105. It came with one straight stem and one bendt.
The unit looks and feel very sturdy and i like the design it is a sweet lookin thing this.

Right out of the box the unit was smelling nasty. I charged it up and turned on the heat.
And it started to smell stronger. It smells like plastick.
After one full sycle on 7 and it auto shut off, i turned the unit on again and tied to take a pull with the stem with no herbs.
I can taste the hot plastic wery god and it taste like shitt.
The draw on this thing is insanly restricted. I dont like the way u got to hit this thing.

I wil charge battery full again and run the unit on 7 for couple cyckles and se if the smell goes away.
I dont think it will since i could smell it when the unit was cold right out of the box.

Sorry to hear that man. This shouldn't really be happening with the M105. I'm fairly confident if you do some more burn in cycles that it will mostly go away. Even after some good use with my M105, I could always FAINTLY smell it. I agree about the draw, it's severely restricted, but it was worse with previous models. This is why i'm Solo-free these days.... I LOVE the idea and I still think it's the best portable out, but it has a bit of a ways to go. Namely, Arizer needs to do something about these plastic/electronics smells, otherwise they are no different than Vapir was. I can live with the restricted draw, that's just the nature of the design.

I'm confident they will fix these issues in their next revision, which I don't think will be far away.

Dorkus, yeah the first week you're pretty irritable, but that passes, and then the sleep comes back, but it's taken me a full TWO weeks to stop the night sweats. I've also dropped alot of weight (in a good way, fat weight), and been finding that working out shitloads and saunas help much. It really is amazing how much better I feel and the level of mental clarity. No to mention ZERO cravings to the point where I have no desire to use again, although I will lol Good luck man, it's quite an accomplishment, not to mention the $$$ savings!

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Chances are you'll just get another M105, unless the M106's are making an appearance for replacements.

OhTheAgony said:
Sounds exactly the same as mine Soulhunter, I've send it back without ever using it for a replacement.

vape4life,

Phineas T. Freakears

Great job dorkus for the post 3609 on page 145 !!

Many will thank you :lol:

dorkus_molorkus said:
... the charger will not let you use the solo while charging, however there is an accessory a/c adapter that will let you use the solo while charging that many good solo retailers sell.

Just to correct a detail in your description:
The accessory sold separately, a/c adaptateur, allows you to use the Solo when he is directly connected without using the battery, as a home vape. But this accessory is not charging the battery while you're using the Solo. To recharge the battery, you must use the original charger sold with the Solo.

Phineas T. Freakears,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
vape4life said:
Chances are you'll just get another M105, unless the M106's are making an appearance for replacements.

OhTheAgony said:

M106 or M105 should be identical, I just want one that doesn't stink. Or actually, Arizers Steve convinced me to try another one & send the stinking one in for inspection. I was pretty much done with them myself & perfectly happy with my slightly chipping M102 so saw no need for another exchange. I'm suppose to get one he tested himself now, we'll see (smell).

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
OhTheAgony said:
vape4life said:

OhTheAgony said:

M106 or M105 should be identical, I just want one that doesn't stink. Or actually, Arizers Steve convinced me to try another one & send the stinking one in for inspection. I was pretty much done with them myself & perfectly happy with my slightly chipping M102 so saw no need for another exchange. I'm suppose to get one he tested himself now, we'll see (smell).

Ya my slightly chipping M102 that went to samsquanch was the bomb!!! I wish they didn't say it was only a "small batch" affected, because if they could fix that chipping problem, man that thing was the shit!

Anyone else notice the FC servers super slow? Just wannna make sure it's not my end cuz posting and everything is moving at a crawl, and other sites are fine.

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I guess you should've kept it. If I had to choose between an M102 and a new SS model I'd keep my old one without a doubt. But then again, I've never actually used one of the new SS models yet.

I wonder how many of them are still in use without any chipping at all, and if there might be a few of them that will never chip at all. If anyone reads this in ten years from now & has one like described please report :p

OhTheAgony,

spoonyluv

Avid Herbalist
Thank to everyone, especially Dorkus, for the great info. I feel I know a ton about this vape before buying it. I decided to take the gamble and ordered a solo. Hope I get lucky on the smell issue, but even with that risk, this seems like the best portable for my needs.

Good luck with your tbreak man. I recently had a forced one combine with work travel and the first few days of jetlag, tbreak and work were super fun!

spoonyluv,

Glairige

I've got an SS myself and I have to say I absolutely love it. Having never used the ceramic, I'm not sure how it would compare. Regardless, I'm quite comfortable with the SS because it's in practically all of my log vapes.

Glairige,

pain101

holy fucking shit.... the potpourri stem is GOLDEN. i'm so high right now i dont know whats going on, once it gets gooed up real good, it will HIT AND HIT AND HIT AND HIT.... i just ran the battery from full down to almost nothing on one added bowl and just stirring.

lately i just load it, and by the time the buzzer goes at 12 minutes some sticks to the screen/top and i leave it there, so on and so forth. finally got in there good with a poker to break it up and vape, and ohhhh my, i seriously think i could keep hitting it more, but i need some air!!!

5xixe.jpg

pain101,

Soulhunter

Now i have had some hours with this thing, and what can i say? I absolutely hate this piece of garbage!
It still smells just as bad as it did when i got it. It has the smell of new electronics. And it rely stinks up the place when it heats up.
I have been "stoopid" and used the unit, just cause i am curios how it performes :p
I have not tasted anything bad when vaporizing. But the smell is to strong to not be conserned about health issues.

The performance of the unit is a joke! The draw is so restricted it is imposiboe to hit it normal. I found the jest way was to hit it like a cigaret and filling your mouth with tiny hits and inhaling hundred of them.
This thing is so restricted i would not even cal it a vaporizer, its a cooking heater and a glass tube. This has to be a timetravel back to the very begining of the vaporizer era.
I have not been able to produce nothing but tiny thin hits with this thing. I have tryed everything and only small thin hits.
It gets me medicated, and the herb i very even extrcted without stirring.

But for now i hate this thing its the worst vaporizer i have owned. I would actualy rate it lower than a Vapir One 5.0, and that says a lot. I hated that unit so much i will never buy vapir again ever. And i like this unit worse!
How so many of u praise this unit i cant get my head around. I dont think i can be bothered to try to send it back to get a replacement.

I am starting to realy wonder why Arizer dont promote this unit on their web site. It has been on the market quite some time now.

Sorry Arizer i wil never give u money ever again. This has to be the worst design of a vaporizer ever!
If i were u i would be shamed for putting a product like this out on the market!

Peace out!

Soulhunter,

pain101

OUCH soulhunter, that sucks!!!! i find that my stems fit in loose and i can get whatever sort of draw i want. when i find the sweet spot that makes it drag like a fat lady after a 3 hour binge at an all you can eat buffet, i just plug my nose. theres also a bit of a trick to not really sucking very hard and you get a much nicer flow. counter intuitive.

if you didnt have the smell issue, i might suggest going to a headshop and try out different stems to find one that sits in it looser[i saw some headshops in toronto selling them so i assume others will elsewhere potentially], cuz you can get any kind of draw from it you want and get crazy clouds to the point of knocking your testicles out of your ears.

pain101,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
My Buddy just got a solo (M105 Stainless) so this is the 4th unit I have seen and played with straight out of the box. Only 1 of 4 didn't smell at all. This one smells but not as bad as my M104. I took the case off completely (remove 4 screws) and cleaned the whole case, cap, and unit (crucible and exterior plastic) with ISO and then baked the case in the toaster oven for 15 minutes at 325F and put it all back together and the odor is all but gone. Everyone is happy and an easy fix so far. I'll report back after more use. There is one more buddy expecting one soon I will detail when it arrives.

Its easily noticeable that the new stainless does not get as hot as the ceramic. I like the improved draw on the 4 hole stem but slow draw still gets the best effect.

Also never seen a tight stem yet. All the stems I have seen are loose and pivot easily and would fall out if flipped upside down.

regardless I get great rips from the solo since day1. amazing clouds and efficiency.

ru_frothi,

Phineas T. Freakears

Arf Soulhunter... :(

By reading your post, it is clear that you fell on a defective unit! :mad:
I have a Solo M102 for over four months, an early version with ceramic bowl, and it is an amazing device! Large clouds of vapor, and the taste is as good if not better than some home unit like the Volcano or the EQ (I used a Volcano Classic for about 8 years everydays, and I take it anywhere. I've tested the Aromed, the EQ, and now I use only the Solo!).
The draw is restricted, but this is not imposible to hit it, and this is certainly why it makes large clouds. And I've only the 2 hole stem, not try yet the 4 hole stems with more draw.
But for me, really nothing to do with other portable like Vapir (beuuuuurk), or even the Iolite, or MFLB. My Solo replaced my Volcano and I am delighted. (it's mobile, I've forget the sound of the bag, and it's easier to clean).
I try the MFLB, I've got one, it's great when you have to be discrete, but I'm bored with all the battery to carry and to charge (heavy user :D).

But, but... I understand your feeling:
I also have a Solo M104, and since receiving it, it stinks! I did it many times heated, and it always stinks... I waited to see if a solution is found on FC, but for those units that stink as much, I think that the only thing to hope is to get an exchange by Arizer.
I have not done so, was not so speed as the M102 works great. (and now I've bought the a/c adapter for my M102).
But the fact is that the M104 is unusable as it stinks... I can't sell it to someone like this...
Don't try to bake it, since I don't want to loose the waranty, if ther's one for this issue...
I'm waiting for Arizer answer to OTA, who has ship his stinky replacement unit, for a new-replacement unit. Finally, if they recognize the odor problem, maybe I'll write to them to replace this stinking thing.

Soulhunter said:
I dont think i can be bothered to try to send it back to get a replacement.
Why are you thinking that? Your unit is a defective one, although Arizer denies the odor problem, they are still aware. And they also know that FC members are aware of this real problem. Write to Arizer, and tell them how much you are upset that such a product was sold, and that you understand why the Solo is still not on their website.
Hope Arizer will ship you a new unit without problems, and then, you could enjoy like many of us the use of the Solo.

Phineas T. Freakears,

vape4life

Banned for life
Soul: contact Arizer, but likely you will get a replacement that is exactly the same. Nothing can be done about the draw ease. You're correct about them not promoting on a website, which is pretty lame considering they are not newbies in the vape game. My guess is that they are going to push the sales of this thing as much as possible and then retire with all the EQ sales too. I love reviews like yours that show the darker side as well. It's all about both sides and being unbiased.

Fuck, they really had a good thing going with the ceramic... wasn't very smart to change the design and alter the temp algorythems. I dunno, still hoping for a revision to redeem this company. In the meantime, that smell/taste CANNOT be healthy! Who knows what kind of health effects it has?

Thanks again for your honest review.

vape4life,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I have to say that my experience was the same as Soulhunter's. Only difference is I sent a rather lengthy Email to Arizer along with my stinky unit. If I don't get back a clean unit I will come back here and give my full impression of Arizer. So far, it ain't nothing good. I also have to agree that this is the worst Vape I have used, bar none. Very much not OK that a company operates with such shady business practices(We know we have some faulty units but will sell them anyway and wait to see if the customer notices).

Once again, just my opinion.

Gonzo,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Whats the warranty concern with baking an aluminum cap and case . Its absolutely simple. it's 4 screws. undetectable. also notice, arizer seems to be shipping replacements and not asking for units back. Its a super low risk procedure.

Of course this should not be an issue and the user shouldn't have to do it but it certainly has helped tremendously in my case. I emailed steve again to let him know I am seeing the issue as well.

ru_frothi,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Steve from Arizer basically told me I was imagining the smell, can't tell you how much that infuriated me. Once again, very shady company IMO.

Gonzo,

vape4life

Banned for life
rufrothy said:
Whats the warranty concern with baking an aluminum cap and case . Its absolutely simple. it's 4 screws. undetectable. also notice, arizer seems to be shipping replacements and not asking for units back. Its a super low risk procedure.

Of course this should not be an issue and the user shouldn't have to do it but it certainly has helped tremendously in my case. I emailed steve again to let him know I am seeing the issue as well.

They weren't asking for CERAMIC chipping units back. If you have a smell issue with SS, AFAIK you will have to send the unit back.

Also, I believe I was the very first person to have the chipping and submit a warranty issue, and because that same ceramic unit had a god awful smell issue, I had to send it back, which I personally delivered through Kevin at KJ Rockwise who has since dissappeared from FC (i'm guessing on recommendation from Steve-o).

I understand your frustrations guys, went through it all myself, have some serious raves much earlier in the thread, but now instead I just said fuck it and went Solo free. Something better will eventually come out for a portable, whether from Arizer, Vaporfection, or whoever...

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Gonzo said:
Steve from Arizer basically told me I was imagining the smell, can't tell you how much that infuriated me. Once again, very shady company IMO.

You're NOT the only one...they are in denial, and fixing the issue would probably mean a complete redesign which there is no fucking way they will do considering it's taken like 4+ years to get this portable out.

vape4life,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Gonzo said:

That would infuriate me as well. The smell issue is certainly real.

ru_frothi,

vape4life

Banned for life
rufrothy said:
Gonzo said:

That would infuriate me as well. The smell issue is certainly real.

Perhaps Steve has lost his sense of smell? lol

vape4life,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I can admit that I think there are some units that do not have an issue, I am hoping to get one of those units as a replacement. There seems to be a quality control issue going on at Arizer. Hopefully they can get it sorted out because I did like the size of the clouds and the fact the unit was almost silent.

Gonzo,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Well here an update on my M102 since Ive received it . The ceramic has managed to come off in a perfect ring on the outer edge where the stem sits on the heater leaving a nice silver ring inside . No biggie , I figured it would come off sooner or later . Im just surprised it is only contact areas where the ceramic is coming off and not the rest of it . The serial /model number has just plain wore off the bottom .
2nnnfs.jpg

As for vapor production as you can see by my straight pipe Im having no issues . Im starting to see 2 tiny stress cracks parallel with the stem at the bowl . Probably from the weight of the unit on the end of the stem when hooked up to my water pipe . What I did to this stem is slide a busted 14mm connector from an EQ elbow up the shaft then placed a bit of hose on the end to prevent glass on glass grinding . On the end I added a reducer for accelerated resin production . Fits perfect into any 14mm connector .
29mpudt.jpg

With the stress cracks its just a matter of time before this shaft breaks and it is NFG . I dont think these pipes are very well designed to support the weight of the solo but it is what they are intended for . More money to get spent . In general when people put out big bucks for a vape the last thing they want to do is to spend more money on the thing . Accessibility to accessories and extra parts is sweet but these tubes are obviously not design to last more than 4 months of continual use . Gotta love glass !

I still think this unit kicks ass and if they get all this crap totally straightened out by summer I think I would buy another one .
350klz4.jpg

Samsquanch,

vape4life

Banned for life
Nice work sammy! Man by the look of that pic it looks completely shiny SS! I would be curious what would happen if you peeled or sanded all the ceramic off?

vape4life,
Top Bottom