Arizer Solo

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
headiez247 said:
do you guys adjust the setting at all when you add concentrates to the mix?

And how do you do it? I assumed just pack a normal bowl and throw the keif or hash on top?

What I do is pack a sandwhich with the bread being herb and the meat being what ever concentrate.

I use the same temp regardless of whether its herb or herb + concentrate.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
propjoe said:
rufrothy said:
propjoe said:

No. what are you trying to accomplish.

i want to use a whip tube with the solo.

so the outside diameter of the whip is ~ 1/2 in or 12.5 mm. I think any tubing with a 10mm-12mm inside diameter would get the job done. If someone else indicated that tubing for the DBV is the same size then you may be in business also.

ru_frothi,

vape4life

Banned for life
OhTheAgony said:
You may have more success finding your 'perfect vape' if you do better research. Just an example, but whoever gave you the idea to put a piece of plastic in the oven? All I've read is that people bake the aluminium parts, and at a way lower temp than you did. If you don't have a brain you can rely on, READ!

Not to act like a mod or anything but OTA you are over the line here. I know you have been for a while, but maybe you yourself should read the RULES because your post is both offensive and insulting to Soul who is just trying to make his Solo right.

Soul: The max temp on the CERAMIC was 210C. The SS runs cooler, probably about 10C, so 200C, so no you were not in the wrong by baking everything, although I personally would not have because that is not the way the design was intended. Regardless, ignore OTA for his "brain" remark.

Soul again, thanks for your contribution.

mod note: Lecturing others on forum behavior is our job, and that's what the report button is for. Your post above is offensive and insulting to Arizer. Since they've replaced units under warranty, in some cases (including yours) not even requiring the defective unit to be returned, I think they deserve a little more consideration.

vape4life,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
One thing I noticed with the 4 hole stems is that they get dirty a lot easier. Didn't i read someone found a place to source screens that don't require cutting?

ru_frothi,

vape4health

Wait your saying you think the soft rubbery plug on the cap is the same material as the heater housing, man are you sure you have a Solo in your hand, on both of mine the plastic that's holding the heater is very hard not even close to the same thing as the soft top plug, it's not even the same color.

I'm glad you guys are finally getting stink free solos. So the newest one out has an aditional raised ring inside of the old ring, lots of changes in a short amount of time.

vape4health,

Soulhunter

vape4health said:
Wait your saying you think the soft rubbery plug on the cap is the same material as the heater housing, man are you sure you have a Solo in your hand, on both of mine the plastic that's holding the heater is very hard not even close to the same thing as the soft top plug, it's not even the same color.

I'm glad you guys are finally getting stink free solos. So the newest one out has an aditional raised ring inside of the old ring, lots of changes in a short amount of time.

You r the only one mentioning the plug that covers the hole to the heater noone else?

Vape4life : well i guess they use the same plastic on both so it should handle 210 with ease. The whole heater bowl is capsulated in this nasty plastic actualy tuching the heater. And this is the hot plastick airpath! Nasty this thing is! I recomend all solo owners to look for your self. That ss heater glass vaporpath aint worth the paper it was written on!

Soulhunter,

max

Out to lunch
Soulhunter said:
This is a china vape!
And I can only assume your theory is that everything made in China is crap. Since I don't have time to explain how wrong your thinking is, let me just make it clear that you need to take that rhetoric to another forum. It's not up to the posting standards we want here.

max,

Soulhunter

max said:
Soulhunter said:
This is a china vape!
And I can only assume your theory is that everything made in China is crap. Since I don't have time to explain how wrong your thinking is, let me just make it clear that you need to take that rhetoric to another forum. It's not up to the posting standards we want here.

Sorry, edited the post.
China is god i love China ;)

Soulhunter,

OF

vape4life said:
Not to act like a mod or anything but OTA you are over the line here. I know you have been for a while, but maybe you yourself should read the RULES because your post is both offensive and insulting to Soul who is just trying to make his Solo right.

Soul: The max temp on the CERAMIC was 210C. The SS runs cooler, probably about 10C, so 200C, so no you were not in the wrong by baking everything, although I personally would not have because that is not the way the design was intended. Regardless, ignore OTA for his "brain" remark.

Soul again, thanks for your contribution.

Not to throw stones, and while I agree with you to an extent, don't you think "you have been (over the line) for a while" is a bit over the top as well? This BS ("you're always doing that") is called dumping by marriage counselors, it's extremely counterproductive to base actions today on 'evidence' from the past that went unchallenged. Deal with each at face value is IMO a better route.

As to the wisdom of baking plastic you know nothing about at higher temperatures than might be in specifications IMO you're on real thin ice. When plastic breaks down due to heat, sometimes the outgassing that follows is both not detectable and TOXIC. It no longer smells as much, but it did smell for a reason. If baking made it better, the maker would you'd think?

I wouldn't have put it the way OTA did, but I would advise some caution. And I certainly wouldn't support the idea if I didn't know what that might do to the integrity and safety of the unit.

I too am 'just saying'. Thanks for listening.

OF

OF,

vape4health

Soul I just reread your post and I was missing where you said the actual plastic that touchs the se heater, sorry. So the plastic from the heater itself melted, and if it was only getting to 210ish I completely agree, that's very fucked up, too close for me at least. You got any pictures of the destruction.

vape4health,

max

Out to lunch
Soulhunter said:
max said:
Soulhunter said:
This is a china vape!

Sorry, edited the post.
China is god i love China ;)
That one could use editing as well. Where a product is made, as far as quality is concerned, doesn't matter. What matters is who makes it. Every country where manufacturing takes place has access to quality materials and good workers. It's what and who they choose to use that matters.

max,

vape4health

So now what the fuck am I suppose to use, the Solo fell right into my home vape spot too, with the ac adapter and water it was the shit, now I keep thinking about melting fuckin plastic.

vape4health,

Kelblow

Well I received my replacement SS model today.At first the stems were impossible to get in but after a good hard push they slid in nice and tight.Only used it once so far and it seems as good as the ceramic but maybe a bit cooler.Can not fault Arizer at all on the service.Seems I'm lucky compared to others on here.

Kelblow,

dorkus_molorkus

@ vape4life- one small clarification, I say the solo hits harder than the DBV for the same amount of herb.

as i have stated before, I have found the solo to extract more & more evenly at that. When I compare the 3 vapes side by side. The DBV, HA, & the solo, for me, the solo wins hands down. The best clouds of the 3 for the least amount of herb IMO. I understand everyone is different & has different needs and expectations,
but for me, the solo is my daily driver & will be a while as well I think.

dorkus_molorkus,

dorkus_molorkus

@propjoe- I guess so, I dont mean to sound vague or anything. when I got my solo, I discovered that my DBV whip hose fit perfectly cuz i use it as a silicone tip on my solo (about 1inch long).
it fits really well, so obviously I am assuming that be it 1inch long or 3ft long it will of course fit regardless.

It is my understanding that SSV & DBV whip hose is the same diameter, so hence me pointing out that the SSV hose would do the same job. I hope this helps & am pretty confident it is what you need. but you are gonna have to use your best judgement on this one.

dorkus_molorkus,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
OF, thanks, but I think he just forgot the put the word 'here' in there somewhere. And well, to be fair I was kind of blunt. While it's not my intention to insult anyone it just seemed sort of appropriate at the time, at least in my eyes.

Back on topic:

Propjoe; the tubing will work, but you don't need that wand. Just order the tubing straight from 7thfloor click me

They sell the mouthpieces there to if you'd like one.

Dorkus, I have to agree with you. I sold my SSV after owning a Solo for a month. I intended to add a Solo to 'the collection' for the sake of portability, but it made my SSV completely obsolete to my surprise. I'm still curious to see if a new SS model can satisfy this high temp lover the same way.

OhTheAgony,

dorkus_molorkus

OTA- lol, I bought the solo strictly as a portable as well. The bad boy never leaves the house, and the DBV & HA are packed away somewhere. I have the new SS solo here, but on a Tbreak ATM (and I'm hurtin).

I did run a couple of cycles & had a bit of a toke on it while heating, and found the temp light drops
quite quickly when hitting it. Might just need to preheat a few sec longer. I preheat my meds for about 30-45secs before hitting in on full whack(temp 7).

:peace:

dorkus_molorkus,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
dam is everyone hitting it at 7, i find 7 too harsh I'm usually hitting it at 5. only time i ramp it to 7 is when i add hash. I'm using the ss.

my solo is still kicking ass, heheh gave my ceramic to my cousin and he loves it, smell and all, heheh

ilovebOObs,

Vaped Ape

MMJ Therapist specializing in gynecology~wannabe
^^^^hey titty man

That's what cousins are for. He damn. If he was sucking propane before he was vaping he will love a bit of smell. Some people just aren't vaporists. I have a buddy that loves the stink of combustion. I love my Solos

I think I will rewrite Toby's song Red Solo Cup using references to my Silver Solo. My wife calls it my sippy cup.
OOPs.... shhhhh ....too much fun.....Dorcus might be on edge :D

Da Ape

Vaped Ape,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I too end a bowl at 7, but I start out on 3 or 4 (usually 4) and work my way up through each bowl. I just heat up with the stem inserted btw, not sure how long it takes to get to four. A minute and a half or so.

Oh, who was that that explained to me how to go back to your latest setting after restarting the unit? I didn't use mine for a while and forgot when exactly to press the button again.. :rolleyes:
Could you please tell me one more time? I'll promise to make a note in my PDA about it this time, I feel like such a dumbass.. :mad:

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom