Arizer Solo

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
August West: Since you've already let them clear the item for you, I'm not sure you have any recourse. If you manage to get somewhere, please let us know.

UPS and FedEx are notorious for this sort of ass-raping. Check the googles and you'll find many web pages devoted to this topic. I refuse to deal with any cross-border vendor that won't use USPS/Canada Post, and I am far from alone in this. Unfortunately, it's too late for you to do that.

For future reference, in Canada you can clear the package yourself at the nearest CBSA office, although UPS/FedEx will do their best to convince you otherwise. (Ask the googles for details.) I would be surprised to learn that it is any different going in the other direction.

pakalolo,

VaphingApe415

Skimmed through google on the CBSA and clearing packages...
Mr. West wondering which vendor you went through to purchase your solo?
Seems like some FC members were able to get their solo through the boarder without a hitch...
This is my first time hearing about clearing packages through Canada. They got a whole process online to clear a package oneself in order to avoid an "ass-raping" from UPS/FedEx. Also wondering why the seller didn't clear the arizer package before finalizing the shipping process? Would of avoided the bullshit add fees or "ass-raping"...Might have to go through Greatvape to cop a solo...

VaphingApe415,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The postal strike is over. The vendor involved here, Rockwise, normally uses Canada Post/USPS, avoiding the ass-rapists. I've never had an issue with anything delivered by the postal services.

pakalolo,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
pakalolo said:
The postal strike is over. The vendor involved here, Rockwise, normally uses Canada Post/USPS, avoiding the ass-rapists. I've never had an issue with anything delivered by the postal services.

Thanks for pointing this out pakalolo. Anyone who has ordered from us and been charged brokerage fees by UPS, please email us directly to let us know.

Rockwise,

vape4life

Banned for life
So after using a screen in the stem for a while, I don't think I can go back to not using it. It definitely increases airflow, especially if you use .05-.075g, just a pinch, not overloaded, and not tamped. It also significantly reduces particulate, which is needed in this thing. Which brings me to... what would be the optimum best quality water tool/bong/perk/etc. for this baby... something pretty small but optimal, just for water/liquid not ice. thanks!

vape4life,

dipp

Could somebody please compare this to the Vapir NO2. It seems as if its more portable, reliable and safer to hit than the NO2. I would like to know how many hits you can get from a packed bowl. With the NO2 i can pack it and keep hitting it for a good 15 mins non-stop. With the iolite I would be able to vape for 20 mins but had to wait 30-40 secs in between hits. This resulted in a lot less vaping action so I switched to the NO2. How long does one have to wait in between hits for the Solo and how long will a bowl last?

dipp,

WOZ

My 1st post here, although I have been trawling FC for about 10 days trying to decide on my first vaporiser.
I came here thinking I was going to buy the NO2 which I very nearly did a few days ago.
Then I found a UK retailer that had just taken delivery of the Arizer Solo @ 199, so that brought me to this post.
It did not take me long to realise that the Solo was the one for me so I ordered the Black model yesterday, should have it in my hands on Tuesday (very exited).
Thank you to everybody for helping for helping me make a decision.
I have one question regarding the screens that a lot of people are using in the stem.
What size screen do I need and should I use Brass or Steel ?

WOZ,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I am sure of the actual size, but they are the smallest brass ones that a local head shop sells. Fyi.... I got a Ups bill. Not sure what to do so I emailed rockwise.

buddhaholic420,
WOZ said:
My 1st post here, although I have been trawling FC for about 10 days trying to decide on my first vaporizer.
I came here thinking I was going to buy the NO2 which I very nearly did a few days ago.
Then I found a UK retailer that had just taken delivery of the Arizer Solo @ 199, so that brought me to this post.
It did not take me long to realize that the Solo was the one for me so I ordered the Black model yesterday, should have it in my hands on Tuesday (very exited).
I have one question regarding the screens that a lot of people are using in the stem.
Screen size is 1/2", mainly the only reason they offer brass is because its flexible and stainless isn't. I prefer stainless but either way its the same price usually. Good luck with your new vape as I'm sure you'll love it, I now use my solo more than my MFLB which says alot!

JoeFinny,

WOZ

JoeFinny said:
WOZ said:
My 1st post here, although I have been trawling FC for about 10 days trying to decide on my first vaporizer.
It did not take me long to realize that the Solo was the one for me so I ordered the Black model yesterday, should have it in my hands on Tuesday (very exited).
Screen size is 1/2", mainly the only reason they offer brass is because its flexible and stainless isn't. I prefer stainless but either way its the same price usually. Good luck with your new vape as I'm sure you'll love it, I now use my solo more than my MFLB which says alot!

Thanks for your answer.
I can`t wait for it to arrive and looking forward to not smoking.

WOZ,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Do you think those glass gizmo things you use as a screen in bongs would work ? And would it not act as a radiant to reflect more heat ?

DaProfessor

Two questions

Can we get photos of a disassembled solo? Anyone try to adapt or recognize a potential to use log vape stems with the solo?

Regarding internal photos, I want to to see what type of battery is being used. Wondering if its a specialty package or standard.
It would also be extremely exciting to use log vape stems with the solo. The stems are easy to pre-fill and easy to carry around. Would make an awesome system.

DaProfessor,
DaProfessor said:
Two questions

Can we get photos of a disassembled solo? Anyone try to adapt or recognize a potential to use log vape stems with the solo?

Regarding internal photos, I want to to see what type of battery is being used. Wondering if its a specialty package or standard.
It would also be extremely exciting to use log vape stems with the solo. The stems are easy to pre-fill and easy to carry around. Would make an awesome system.
I've only had about my solo for about a week, as for taking it apart so far I've only unscrewed the top to clean the inside. I don't think I'm about to go as far as to see what the battery looks like. I can tell you that if you've ever owned a Magic Flight Launch Box and you got the battery caps that come the unit, you can use these caps to fit over the bowl of the glass mouthpiece as they are a perfect snug fit. This makes pre-filling no problem for me, I can try to get a picture asap but if you've owned a MFLB you should know exactly what i'm explaining.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
JoeFinny said:
I can tell you that if you've ever owned a Magic Flight Launch Box and you got the battery caps that come the unit, you can use these caps to fit over the bowl of the glass mouthpiece as they are a perfect snug fit. This makes pre-filling no problem for me, I can try to get a picture asap but if you've owned a MFLB you should know exactly what i'm explaining.

Damn Joe, you revealed one of my super tips in my soon to come review!!!!! :D Yes, MF batt caps finally got very useful (yeah I do not use those 2 for my MF batts...)!

@DaProfessor: It was stated somewhere on this thread that the batterie could be replaced...And there are 4 neet standard cruciform screws on the bottom...it doesn't look undoable at all! ;)

max

Out to lunch
Taking the vape apart might compromise the warranty, although I have no idea if there'd be any telltale sign of disassembly. It would certainly be interesting to know how difficult battery replacement is, and whether one can be purchased at Batteries Plus, etc. Having to send the vape in for a $100 battery switch is IMO by far the biggest downside to this model.

max,

darkrom

Great Scott!
max said:
Having to send the vape in for a $100 battery switch is IMO by far the biggest downside to this model.

Rockwise already said they will sell the battery separate IF you wanna try. The $100 is the easy way out. Maybe I'll crack mine open this week and peek around, but I just got the thing in the mail today! If I get one of those VOID stickers in there I'll blame you :lol:

I'm pretty damn sure the battery IS easily replaceable without even looking. It's gotta be 1 or 2 plugs max. You can only make hooking up a positive and negative terminal so difficult.

As far as the $100 thing being a downside, I can tell you having used the solo 3-4x so far (thanks finny!) and using mine for a quick test run, the vape is astounding. I prefer it to my MFLB and the jury is still out deciding if I like it better than DBV too. They all have pros and cons, but my first kneejerk reaction is to shout "this is the best vape I've ever used so far". I have used my fair share of vaporizers.

Stay tuned for my results of testing and experimentation with this vape. I'd buy a new one at full retail price every 2 years for the rest of my life if I had to.

I'd say the efficiency is unmatched by ANY vape I've ever used. It's worth noting that the only style I've never tried are the log vapes. I know they are really efficient. If I can get an accurate scale I'll let you know how much I used to produce lots of vapor, but by eyeballing I'd guess 1/30th - 1/50th of a gram. This was my way of testing the absolute bare minimum. I went for something so small that I expected to simply inhale the whole speck I put in, instead large clouds while vaping at a 3 heat setting.

I only hope Lwein tries this thing out so I can compare it to the log vapes. I view him as the king of the logs.

Much more to come.

darkrom,

lwien

darkrom said:
I only hope Lwein tries this thing out so I can compare it to the log vapes. I view him as the king of the logs.

King of the logs? I just took a major dump this morning and thought the exact same thing. :lol:

I wish I could afford one, but alas...........I can't. You'll just have to buy a PD and compare. ;)

Willeh

Damn, I never used those mflb battery caps either, and actually kept them in the same tin as my bat. How I didn't put 2 and 2 together yet I don't know. I'm probably going to start taking this thing with me more now that I realise that. Thanks for the tip =]

Willeh,
darkrom said:
I'd say the efficiency is unmatched by ANY vape I've ever used. It's worth noting that the only style I've never tried are the log vapes. I know they are really efficient. If I can get an accurate scale I'll let you know how much I used to produce lots of vapor, but by eyeballing I'd guess 1/30th - 1/50th of a gram. This was my way of testing the absolute bare minimum. I went for something so small that I expected to simply inhale the whole speck I put in, instead large clouds while vaping at a 3 heat setting.
Much more to come.

Say what? Can other Solo owners second this experience? Can the solo be more efficient than the log vaporizers? I don't mean to sound like I don't believe you, I just want a real justification to blow all that money on a new vape! If it can produce clouds, be portable, and also conserve mightily while doing so..

charliedontsurf,

lwien

charliedontsurf said:
darkrom said:
Much more to come.

Say what? Can other Solo owners second this experience? Can the solo be more efficient than the log vaporizers? I don't mean to sound like I don't believe you, I just want a real justification to blow all that money on a new vape! If it can produce clouds, be portable, and also conserve mightily while doing so..

Charlie, he never said that the Solo is more efficient than log vapes.

lwien,

manchild

Vapourist
I don't know about efficiency, but I haven't felt the need to touch any of my logs since the solo arrived.
The solo feels like a log on steroids.

One thing that annoys me about this vape is the beep sound whenever you turn the unit on and off. Kinda ruins any stealthiness. I've already had to explain it to a family member. "What? I dunno, must have been the TV?" was what I told my uncle the other day! :lol:

Edit: Just did some measuring. My usual pack on the solo is equal to 2 PD stems. Weighed in at 0.08g.

manchild,
Top Bottom