Arizer Solo

vapeguy

darco said:
I have another question, am wondering if I get a 220V or a 110V charger? I need 220

I checked my AC adapter and it is compatible with an input range from 100 to 240 volts so you'll be ok, you might just need an adapter to physically change the shape of the plug if your outlets are different than in North America, but the voltage won't be a problem. Most AC adapters these days support 100-240 volts.

I'm curious to see if you lucky (or unlucky) people receive the Solo at that price! In any case it was worth the $300 for me.

After all, if my Volcano was worth the $600 I paid for it, the Solo could in fact be worth over $600 as I like this so much better than my Volcano I sold for $400, thought being able to fit insanely huge loads was nice, but allowed for easy wasting. But I remember a load in my Volcano used to last 2-3 days lol, now it's 1-3 much smaller loads per day.

Edit: Saw the orders got cancelled.

vapeguy,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Fever905 said:
Hi there guys -
The Amazon ad was a misprint by Amazon. We had another listing up there on the same UPC code, because of the way Amazon does things, each product needs a UPC code which we have to buy, for 25 listngs I think i paid $175 for UPC codes. It's just another little way they make a little more money off you. Anyway, because of the UPC code thing, we tend to reuse the UPC codes. I took down a different unit that was on that UPC code and put up the Arizer Solo.

Because changes made to Amazon are not done in real time, sometimes the SALE price doesn't update properly when you update the listing with a new product. In this case, the price of the listing was correct at $299.99 however, there was a SALE CONDITION that was previously removed but somehow got re-activated.

I was shocked when I woke up today and seen about 20 orders in there! I did a little dance of joy, but of course, having not been born yesterday I knew something was up. I seen the price they sold for which was well below our actual cost on the unit. The cost of the unit is a lot more than what they were listed for!

I'd like to apologize to anyone who thought they were getting the deal of the century on that.

I will personally email every one of you thorugh Amazon to apologize!

Thanks
Fever905

Thanks for tracking us down and letting all of us know what is going on. I was one of those orders that was disappointed to find that my order was cancelled, I have to admit I was excited all day at the possibility that I had a Solo on the way, something I thought I was not going to be able to swing financially for quite some time. It is too bad that your business got caught up in a operating snafu of a big company like amazon, bu I appreciate you have set the record straight. Don't miss the opportunity to still try to sell to some of us fc'ers that are dying to pick up a solo! hint hint.. :brow:

ShadowLink12,

lwien

Good show Fever. Thanks for comin' in and settin' things straight. That goes a long way around here.

lwien,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Being one of the ones who thought they hit gold, I want to also say thanks for finding us and setting things straight with an explaination. As mentioned above, that DOES go a long way around here !

PEACE

smokum,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Sad, but expected and understandable. I'll have to wait longer until I can really afford a solo.

darkrom,

darco

Looks like i'll have to wait for the Solo to come in to the US and then buy it.... am glad though that the device didnt get de-valued for the people who payed in upwards of $250 for the device. :peace:

However, looking at the fact that a lot of people are still paying 300 for the EQ and its available for 150 or lower now, am wondering if the solo will get some rebates soon. Not saying that its not worth 300, just hoping.

I guess I am going and burning the cash for an Alivi8 or the MFLB now, will get the solo when there are enough sites selling it.

darco,

vape4life

Banned for life
Weekly internal cleanings? My god, what do you do?? lol I have had many Extremes over the years and never ONCE had to do that! Simply a light shake upside down and a short spray or 2 of compressed air and they were all always like new. It stopped working?? How do you mean? And to say that it had less effect than a Solo's vapour, well... I have both and I can't discern one getting me more baked than the other gram for gram. You must be doing something wrong.

You have said time and time again how much you really dislike the EQ. And how it can't be a replacement. Well, maybe you're right -- it CAN be a replacement.... but it ISN'T a replacement. How can you compare a bowl that can hold over a 1/2g of herb, with a 3 speed fan, bag options, potporri difuser, etc to this little portable 12 min per sesh vape? You can't. You're not comparing apples to apples, but I appreciate that you like using it better than an EQ.

aab1 said:
I have to disagree that it doesn't replace the EQ, I won't be missing my EQ whatsoever, though it was in a way an improvement over the Volcano I had, I had to take it apart nearly weekly for internal cleanings or it stopped working, and though it made visible vapor, it seemed to have much less effect than the Solo's vapor. In addition to more powerful vapor, I no longer have a drawer half filled with EQ accessories I'll never use, there's no more tube for me to knock or sit on nearly breaking the EQ several times a week, no more wires keeping my vape leashed to my bedside table (and I ran the wire behind all the furniture so I couldn't just unplug it and take it somewhere else), and no more 15 minute preheats.

To me the Solo is all the good of the EQ, minus all the bad. It's a much improved EQ in my eyes. My EQ has been packed back in its box ever since I got the Solo.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
A huge company like Amazon should have taken the hit and honored the orders that were already confirmed (IN STOCK when ordered!). Especially after confirmed checkouts! I wonder what would have happened to a couple of orders should that link not have been posted here. Regardless, makes me fell better about the $275 i paid for mine. Looks like the going rate around here is $270 tax in.

Back to the Solo........

After much mileage this thing continues to put a huge grin on my face every time I use or think about it! lol

I wanna start vapor bonging with it, but just have been doing that with the EQ. I think I may need some sort of different attachment to connect the glass tube to my downstem?

vape4life,

SD_haze

vape4life said:
A huge company like Amazon should have taken the hit and honored the orders that were already confirmed

It wasn't amazon really selling them, it was a individual vendor.

SD_haze,

ShadowLink12

Activist
vape4life said:
I wanna start vapor bonging with it, but just have been doing that with the EQ. I think I may need some sort of different attachment to connect the glass tube to my downstem?

I am really surprised Arizer didn't recognize the demand to vapor bong, they really should have a tube that ends in a GONG connection on day one. I am sure it is not far off, but for people like me, that just can't justify $300 right now for a portable, it could have pushed us over the edge. It would move it from a portable, to a strong contender as a primary vape for some (is the user reviews of performance are to be believed)

ShadowLink12,

vape4life

Banned for life
You're right, but I guess they need to draw the line somewhere. I mean ideally it would be able to use a/c power and charge at the same time (like a cell phone) and have a carry case in addition to the GonG. But I guess it would then cost much more.

ShadowLink12 said:
vape4life said:

I am really surprised Arizer didn't recognize the demand to vapor bong, they really should have a tube that ends in a GONG connection on day one. I am sure it is not far off, but for people like me, that just can't justify $300 right now for a portable, it could have pushed us over the edge. It would move it from a portable, to a strong contender as a primary vape for some (is the user reviews of performance are to be believed)

vape4life,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The Solo mouthpiece match up nicely to 14mm glass, no adaptor needed unless you wated to balance the weight of the Solo on the glass itself. That said, too restricted for daily water tool use for me. but, nice if you want to take some water filtered tokes and quick, if you turned the Solo on youd have a hard time packing a good bowl and filling a tube up with water and ice before it was warmed up and ready to go.

IAmKrazy2,

weedemon

enthusiast
about the "Brokerage fees" that ups and fedex charge it's a scam and their drivers know it. you can try to dispute the charges. the same thing happened to me when i bought my volcano back in the day. $127 bucks to ups on top of what i already paid. (he asked me if he should sign it too because he thought i would dispute it) silly Canadian pushover i am... :p

weedemon,

vape4life

Banned for life
How too restrictive? You shouldn't really "pack" the bowl either. There is a vid in here somewhere that shows some seriously milky hits vapor bonging!

On another note, i'm starting to find the airflow not restrictive at all...just making sure to use .1g and NOT pack. Just cut a little screen and it fits nicely.

IAmKrazy2 said:
The Solo mouthpiece match up nicely to 14mm glass, no adaptor needed unless you wated to balance the weight of the Solo on the glass itself. That said, too restricted for daily water tool use for me. but, nice if you want to take some water filtered tokes and quick, if you turned the Solo on youd have a hard time packing a good bowl and filling a tube up with water and ice before it was warmed up and ready to go.

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Received my "sorry" email from Amazing and they are offering to sell it at a discount but not less than the "allowed min. price" which I have no idea what it is. I'm guessing 250-270$.

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
Greatvape-one of our recommended US dealers has the Solo AND is offering a discount to FC members. Check the retailer announcements thread in the General section. Greatvape is one of the oldest on-line dealers and a top rate company.

max,

Willeh

@vape4life, I must say the arizer solo, even when you pack it completely optimally is still 'restrictive', just not uncomfortable. Iamkrazy listed he's a cloud user (among other hard hitters) so he's used to being able to fully haul on a bong as hard as he can without any restriction whatsoever, much like just using a lighter.

I find that I can take just as big of a hit as other set ups, but because it takes longer to complete your inhale due to restriction it feels harsher; its sitting in your lungs longer. As a result, in the end I get bigger bong hits out of a non-restrictive set up, if size is was what I was going for. Some other set ups will let you take the inhale quicker. And it can be nice, as you can usually take more if you don't have to take as long to take it.

However, I have always been one who likes to slowly milk the bong up, and watch the vapor creep up. Not the entire tube kind of 'fade in'. This vaporizer (along with a couple others!) is really good at making thick vapour right away so it very nicely 'creeps' up the bong like smoking. It also loves micropacks in bongs (Using a screen right at the tip of the bowl)! I can put maybe 0.025g in there and get one nice thick hit. So in that aspect, I actually prefer the solo to the other hard hitters. And the hits ARE big. This thing is a DEMON if you pack half kief half bud in your bowl! For now, and at least until the cloud, my solo is my daily driver 95% of the time.

Willeh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
vape4life said:
How too restrictive? You shouldn't really "pack" the bowl either. There is a vid in here somewhere that shows some seriously milky hits vapor bonging!

On another note, i'm starting to find the airflow not restrictive at all...just making sure to use .1g and NOT pack. Just cut a little screen and it fits nicely.

IAmKrazy2 said:

Willeh, You are correct in assuming VXC and other big hitters kindof spoiled me for the restricted airflow water filtered hits. It works, but is not optimal. The video does make it seem that you can get monster rips, but let's not foget, its all about the lighting, and with sunlight I could make my LB look almost as milky. The Solo is great for what it is, just not as a monster toker.

IAmKrazy2,

darkrom

Great Scott!
lwien said:
Good show Fever. Thanks for comin' in and settin' things straight. That goes a long way around here.

No kidding. Ordered mine from Fever anyway after all this :)

Coming here and letting us know what happened was pretty cool to do. I can't wait for it to show up!

darkrom,

vape4life

Banned for life
You are correct, the airflow for vapour bonging isn't as great as some others like the EQ, however it's pretty damn close. I don't have my 14mm yet but I just used my 18mm and it worked fine and the clouds were pretty huge. I mean my vriptech tube filled right up nice and milky. However I did have to increase the temp to 5 or 6. I usually just use 3 or 4. The airflow isn't bad, but yeah after a while could give you a headache. I have huge strong lungs so it's not an issue for me.

IAmKrazy2 said:
vape4life said:

IAmKrazy2 said:

Willeh, You are correct in assuming VXC and other big hitters kindof spoiled me for the restricted airflow water filtered hits. It works, but is not optimal. The video does make it seem that you can get monster rips, but let's not foget, its all about the lighting, and with sunlight I could make my LB look almost as milky. The Solo is great for what it is, just not as a monster toker.

vape4life,

Willeh

The lighting in my video was quite damn flattering :D
I spent quite some time playing with the lamp to show off the vapor nicely without overexposing the camera. For shits n gigs I might milk my tube up with my magic flight in the same lighting for referencfe, maybe I can come up with something.

This thing isn't a monster hitter, as there is competition that can do better at that, but it is still a 'big hitter'. I get significantly larger hits out of this thing than I did my vapor genie, purpledays, the old chinese box vape that I owned. Heck, It even gives my friends vaporbrothers a good run for its money when it comes to hit size on the first hit.

This thing really shines with really dank bud (Like you medical people are getting) or especially with grinded hash/kief. I have had hits that parallel my dabuddha packed with herbs on a high temp with by packing this thing with a teensie bed of weed and a lot kief (with a real screen under it all). It's just about getting the finest grind and as much vapeable THC as possible in the bowl and hitting it slow. If you really get that grind and dryness you would of got for a purple days bowl you can start to get really high vapor to air ratios

Willeh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Willeh, you did do a great job in lighting your video, I couldnt remember who shot it so thanks for chimming in. I agree, making another video with optimal lighting with a PD or LB would be a nice contrast to show how the Solo compares.

IAmKrazy2,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Got a chance to use a solo last night even though mine is still in the mail.

Overall very impressed. I feel like it is almost designed to be cranked up, vaped incredibly fast, and be done with it. No slow long sessions.

I didn't hit it solo, but others did and enjoyed the taste. I used a bong with my hits. For using the bong, I feel like it was made to be cranked up to 5-7 and then just ripped through really quick. I didn't take many hits on the lower settings, but once mine shows up in the mail I will most likely be using the low temps the most.

It's a very nice vape and I'm excited for mine to arrive. The one I used was a loose fitting glass stem, but that is absolutely how it is designed to work. Glass stem gets mildly hot, nothing outrageous IMO.

Cleaning these stems will be a breeze with iso. Also, we did not use any screens.

If you want to know anything specific I'll try to answer any questions based on my limited experience. Once mine shows up I will get familiar with it quite quickly.

darkrom,

August West

Just back from a great vacation and first with my new Solo. I continue to be impressed. It seems to emit alot less odor on start up than another vape I have used in the past. That could be due to the tiny amounts of herbal material placed in the glass bowl....not sure. That small amount however GOES ALONG WAY. I seem to get at least 4 maybe 5 quality hits or more depending on how heavy you pack it. And they are tasty ones too....each hit a little less than the first but not bad at all. I had a screen in it but lost it during a nice vape session on the road to catch a show. (it got tapped out the window..oops) I still haven't put one back in but I will probably use one again. It works quite well without a screen too, but I like the experimentation of FC Solo users who have posted their experiences with a screen and tend to agree.
Anyways back to that lack of smell benefit. I had this thing turned on in another room of a shared house with family from out of town and had no problems with any tell tale odor at all. I keep it charged regularly and love how easy it is to use. I smile every time I use it and shake my head at the beauty of this amazing little machine that fits so well in my hand. On the issue of the difference in glass pieces I haven't noticed it to be a big deal. After a little use the pieces seem to fit a little snugger....most likely till you get a chance to clean them.

I also found that bill from UPS that was in the pile of mail I had. $41.82 WTF is that? It breaks down to: Entry Prep Fee $25.25
Disbursement Fee $6.50
Duty Amount $8.07
Merchandise Processing Fee $2.00

This seems kinda late to get a bill like this. I already have my package and don't particularly feel like giving UPS any cash for doing their job. I understand the duty tax amount and will pay it if I have to but still. Seems like they would have alot more luck getting this money while they still had my package. It mentions that "a customs entry was prepared and payment of estimated duty and other customs charges, if any were advanced on your behalf. Due to customs time limits immediate notification of any customs related discrepancy is required."

UPS trying to soak you for $31.75 seems a bit much. Yes I've heard postal is much better but what with the Canadian Postal strike going on when I ordered I assumed UPS was the best option. SO MUCH for the FC discount EH?

It also states that "Merchandise released by customs is done under bond and is subject to redelivery to customs on demand. Failure to return merchandise makes consignee subject to penalty for full amount of bond. If you are the importer of record, payment to the broker will not relieve you of liability for customs charges (duties, taxes, or other debts owed Customs) in the event the charges are not paid by the broker. Therefore if you pay by check, customs charges may be paid with separate check payable to the "US Customs and Border Protection" which shall be delivered to Customs by the broker."
That makes it seem like you have the option to just send a check for the customs fees and not the other.
Anybody else ever deal with this??? Can you honestly see customs and border patrol taking back my "aromatherapy diffuser" valued at $299 on which they are owed $8.07? Just wondering my options before I take any action. I've never had to deal with something like this in this country. I once had Thailand tax me an outrageous charge for an inexpensive gps bracket I had sent to me there. Difference was they had the package and I didn't. What did you do Iamkrazy2? Can I fight UPS?

I'll hang up and listen for my answer. Thanks.

August West,
Top Bottom