Arizer Solo

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yes, the yellow lights indicate battery charge during charging. Once all 7 light up and the green light goes solid, you'll be fully charged.

:peace:

Stu,

vapeon

smokum said:
dorkus_molorkus said:
@ smokum- dont forget to apply the fc discount.

FCLOVE15 for 15% onetime use only

FCLOVE10 for 10% off all the time.

You sure on those codes dorkus ? I just tried as you typed them and the site tells me invalid for either...
I also used the code to order 4 hole stems and it worked fine.;)

vapeon,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
All fixed up with the help of planetvape and shipped out.

smokum,

w4m2k0

I know I have asked this already and I don't mean to annoy any of you, but does anyone know how bad it is to be inhaling those chemical residues? I have to imagine it's bad for you but how bad? I've looked and nowhere can I find the answer. This is just a big concern of mine considering I'm getting a vape to try to keep it healthy. Thanks guys!

w4m2k0,

cluffy

Vaker
Here's what I learned from Randy at puffitup, "According to Arizer the smell is a production chemical that is non toxic and should disappear after turning your vape on for a few minutes."
I also learned that Arizer is producing both ceramic and SS models but puffitup won't be carrying SS ones anytime soon because there are apparently advantages with the ceramic.

My smell didn't disappear and I'm getting a replacement. I'll let you know how it goes...

cluffy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Are the advantages to ceramic ones secret or something? Why is NO ONE willing to disclose info.

darkrom,

w4m2k0

That's where I ordered mine. Ok well that eases me a bIt knowing it's non toxic. I really hope I luck out and end up with one without a smell issue. Thanks for the quick reply! Let me know how the replacement solo goes.

w4m2k0,

darebear999

cluffy said:
Here's what I learned from Randy at puffitup, "According to Arizer the smell is a production chemical that is non toxic and should disappear after turning your vape on for a few minutes."
I also learned that Arizer is producing both ceramic and SS models but puffitup won't be carrying SS ones anytime soon because there are apparently advantages with the ceramic.

My smell didn't disappear and I'm getting a replacement. I'll let you know how it goes...

After many, many cycles on high nor has mine. In fact it seems like it's getting stronger. Anyway, Arizer is arranging a replacement and I will likewise let you know how that goes.

darebear999,
w4m2k0 said:
That's where I ordered mine. Ok well that eases me a bIt knowing it's non toxic. I really hope I luck out and end up with one without a smell issue. Thanks for the quick reply! Let me know how the replacement solo goes.
I ordered mine from Puffitup and although mine does have some sort of a smell it isn't that bad and I'm not getting a taste associated with it either. So I guess I'll be fine

VapeNStone,

Phineas T. Freakears

cluffy said:

Arf, Hope you will be satisfied with your replacement unit...

I've ordered my second solo from puffitup, thinking it will be the new one with the SS bowl. Not receive yet to see what version it will be, but I think you're right Cluffy...
When I place my order, it was written on the site: "Use discount code "ArizerSolo90" to pre-order your new Arizer Solo today! The new version of the Solo has a Stainless Steel bowl". English is not my first language, but I seemed to have understood what I read on their site: if you Use discount code "ArizerSolo90" to pre-order your new Arizer Solo, you will have The new version of the Solo with the Stainless Steel bowl. You do not understand the same thing as me?

But today, I read: "To summarize, the ceramic chipping issue with the Arizer Solo only affected a very small amount of the original production. Both Stainless Steel and Ceramic bowls are available and are current versions. Our last delivery from Arizer is the most current version with the Ceramic Bowl. "
So now, little or no hope of receiving the new SS version, as I understand... I'll see in few day's...
But if it works as well as my first solo with the ceramic bowl, and had no issues like smell, it will not be a problem. (I just wish I could compare the two versions).

Phineas T. Freakears,

darkrom

Great Scott!
darebear999 said:
cluffy said:

After many, many cycles on high nor has mine. In fact it seems like it's getting stronger. Anyway, Arizer is arranging a replacement and I will likewise let you know how that goes.

I thought mine got stronger too. If it was just manufacturing oils and residue it would burn off completely in 1-2 uses tops, just like Da Buddha. This is a very different smell. It increasing the more you use it just supports my theory that it is offgassing and not some residue. It's not residue if it is used dozens of times and never goes away. I refuse to accept that something sold originally as an all glass vapor path smells and tastes funky and just deal with it. They need to address this shit because it is a serious health concern.

darkrom,

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Phineas T. Freakears said:
cluffy said:

I've ordered my second solo from puffitup, thinking it will be the new one with the SS bowl. Not receive yet to see what version it will be, but I think you're right Cluffy...
When I place my order, it was written on the site: "Use discount code "ArizerSolo90" to pre-order your new Arizer Solo today! The new version of the Solo has a Stainless Steel bowl". English is not my first language, but I seemed to have understood what I read on their site: if you Use discount code "ArizerSolo90" to pre-order your new Arizer Solo, you will have The new version of the Solo with the Stainless Steel bowl. You do not understand the same thing as me?

But today, I read: "To summarize, the ceramic chipping issue with the Arizer Solo only affected a very small amount of the original production. Both Stainless Steel and Ceramic bowls are available and are current versions. Our last delivery from Arizer is the most current version with the Ceramic Bowl. "
So now, little or no hope of receiving the new SS version, as I understand... I'll see in few day's...
But if it works as well as my first solo with the ceramic bowl, and had no issues like smell, it will not be a problem. (I just wish I could compare the two versions).

Phineas, I read and understood the exact same thing when I ordered my new Solo from Puffitup last week. My Solo came yesterday as a M104 with a black ceramic bowl as well as the standard 2 hole glass tubes. I then read the statement that is now on the Puffitup website that really does not say why they are not shipping the SS versions as implied by their earlier statement. Is this a good thing or bad? I don't know at this point. Since I have a test next week I can't fire it up until then and I'm sure it will work just fine but frankly I thought this would be the SS since that is what was stated they would be shipping over a week prior to my order. At this point I have not talked to Puffitup yet and suspect they were simply passing on the information they got from Arizer. So....my guess is that you'll get the ceramic as well.

Papa Woody,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I had a M104 and tons of problems. I really don't know that the issues have anything to do with the batch at all, and really it is a more serious problem with the design.

darkrom,

Phineas T. Freakears

I'm so sorry for you guys who have serious problems with your Solo ...
You're right Darkroom, if they were manufacturing residues, the smell should leave quickly after a few uses, and not increase as!
I am very pleased with mine (Silver M102), but I can not recommend it to my friends as those unacceptable problems are not resolved. We use our Vaporizer because we want to take care of our health by taking our medication, we do not want to damaging it even more.
Worse, I do not understand the position of Arizer, who continues to deny the problem, as I read in the response to darebear999 (post # 2356): "Thank you for your email. We Have Received SEVERAL Solo units from customers Who Have Said There Is a smell coming from the unit and After extensive testing we have Been Unable to Any notice smells coming from the units. Nevertheless, if you send us your unit We Will gladly repair or replace it for you Under the warranty. "
Fortunately they replace defective units without question, but how to be sure to not fall on one another with the same problem ...
I can not currently recommend this Spray to my friends, as it will be the lottery for these problems.

Phineas T. Freakears,
Phineas T. Freakears said:
cluffy said:

See thats just clever wording on their part lol. It technically doesn't say that your getting the new version, just says that there is a new version available now lol

VapeNStone,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Makes you wonder what happened to those units people send back that they decide are not defective just because they didn't notice the smell that SEVERAL others are noticing. Possibly being sent back out and damaging their name more? I keep coming here to see if they are going to do the right thing and own up to the problems and fix them, so customers like myself can try a solo 2.0 The vape is great overall, but they need to fix the SERIOUS flaws before it is usable. IMO it is a very irresponsible thing to be selling these vapes as they are right now, especially with the manufacturers apparent lack of knowledge and total loss of interest. How hard is it for a company to have even one person come post here and address some of these issues? It is very easy, and the only real reason to not do that is because they would be asked questions that they either don't know, or are simply afraid to give an honest answer. Because of this vape/company my new policy is to not buy ANY vaporizer that I can't get full disclosure on.

Lets round up some of the issues here...:

SS or Ceramic? It's a crapshoot.

Smell/odor/headaches? Maybe. If you do get it they will dismiss it, and replace it with another unit that may be as bad or worse.

How many holes in the stems? 2-4

Tight or loose stems? Wild. Some don't even fit the bowl.

Secret production residue that gets worse instead of getting better? Sounds toxic which is what I'd assume until they are willing to disclose more info (hold your breath once again).

Really I've never seen something I was so excited take such a 180 turn downhill. This is pathetic IMO and they need some damn quality control and more importantly some answers. The only people who go out of their way to ignore questions are people with something to hide. If they really had faith in their product they would be EAGER to show how awesome it is, not hide behind a curtain of silence.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Just want to put this in here in case anyone missed it:

SS bowl & V2 stems

edit:

Also, I'm not sure if anyone is willing to give up a warranty replacement, but would it be an idea if someone with a smelly Solo (one that got worse over time, not a new unused stinky one) would offer it here to anyone that has the means to do some proper testing on it? It shouldn't be to hard to analyze those gases (assuming there are any gases of course) with the proper equipment, or is it? The VaporGenie people did a similar thing with products manufactured by people who stole there idea and I would have no problem handing mine over to a Solo-competitor (Vaporperfection comes to mind, for example) if they are interested in testing it scientifically and objectively, since Arizer isn't willing to shed some light on what the F is going on here.

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I think testing would be the best thing that could happen here. I wish I still had the solo to send it to a lab or something. Maybe we can ask Arizer to do it in the interest of public safety.....:lol:

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
If Arizer was a little more open and preferably participating on this forum like many other manufacturers do it wouldn't even be necessary to ask them, but since that isn't the case I wouldn't trust them to share the results with us so I'd rather find someone else to do it.

I'm willing to look around for possibilities and take care of the shipping costs if anyone has a nice ol' stinky Solo (one that's known to cause headaches would be fantastic) he'd like to give up for the greater good. If there is such a person out there feel free to use the email thingy over there <-- to contact me.

OhTheAgony,

Tritono

Hey :). I need to buy my first vape to take care of my health. I need to ask you guys:

- If I buy the new Solo with the SS bowl would I be safe? I have read in this thread that the ceramic bowl was flickering and that the solution of Arizer was the SS bowl. It is safe? healthy? durable? it is a improvement over the ceramic thing or not?

- About the dirty smell: it is a exclusive problem of the ceramic bowl or the smell is in all units including the SS new ones? I dont want any smell or any strange toxic vapor in my lungs!

- I have read about the temperature control that the change of heat is too violent: that if you select "x" temperature you will not get any vapor, but if you select the next temperature it will be too hot. What about that?

I need to buy a vape for daily use, it will be used 90% in home mostly. Im considering the Solo because it can be use in home or outdoors and it has a temperature control. I like the idea to have a portable unit when is needed, however, if is neccesary to get a desktop vaporizer in order to get a 100% healthy experience then I will look into others models. Thanks for the information :)

Tritono,

darkrom

Great Scott!
@tritono my SS solo stank WORSE than my ceramic one. The headaches were stronger as well.

If you are using a vape 90% home I strongly urge you to find a better reviewed desktop vape.

Then if you feel the need, the launch box or vaporgenie would fill that 10% of the time you are on the go. I love a lot about the solo, but I can't ever suggest one until Arizer makes some serious changes.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yep, I second that unfortunately. Without the problems I'd be happy to recommend you the Solo, but right now buying one seems sort of like buying a lottery ticket. Luckily with warranty, but still.

If you still feel lucky I'd say go for it, it really is a great vape if you get a good one. But I just can't recommend one right now.

OhTheAgony,

steven22

damn, I was really set on one of these...

I have a desktop and a MFLB, and need something to fill in the gap.. something that works close to the performance of a desktop unit , to carry around to places, use in a car... etc...

Im assuming the cheap $150 solos on ebay have no warranty too right?...

the lower price would make purchasing a gamble of a unit more easy on the mind.

steven22,

MG23

Relaxin'
steven22 said:

I have a desktop and a MFLB, and need something to fill in the gap.. something that works close to the performance of a desktop unit , to carry around to places, use in a car... etc...

The Solo is exactly what you described as long as you don't get a lemon.

About the warranty, from vaporpedia:
"Arizer has given each unit a unique serial number so that they can track sales and clamp down on unauthorized sellers. They announced a 'no advertised discount' policy for authorized dealers. This initially caused confusion about whether Arizer would honor the warranty from an unauthorized dealer.

Arizer eventually clarified that they will honor the warranty for units purchased from unauthorized vendors, but since this will be factory service it could take time, and might involve cross-border shipping of used units. Arizer prefers that you get service from authorized dealers, who are not permitted to advertise a discount but might give one if asked. The current price is $299."

MG23,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
steven22 said:

I have a desktop and a MFLB, and need something to fill in the gap.. something that works close to the performance of a desktop unit, to carry around to places, use in a car... etc...

The cheap eBay units do have a warranty, but you will have to deal directly with Arizer. That could mean cross-border shipping of a used unit. Arizer would prefer that you deal with an authorized dealer because they can provide faster warranty service.

To anyone considering a Solo: please do not be put off by the negative comments. There are vastly more Solo owners with no issues than the usual suspects complaining here. I visited the local shop recently and asked him about the Solo. He said that he'd sold over a hundred of them. I asked him if anyone had complained about smell or flaking. He was completely surprised and said he hadn't gotten a single complaint and this was the first he'd heard of these issues. I then called three of the biggest head shops in the Toronto area and asked about Solo sales and complaints. All of the shops praised the Solo (naturally, they're trying to sell it) and all of them said they had not had a single complaint, let alone a return. One shop said it was their top seller now. (It's the owner's current favourite so he pushes it.) I guess these people don't use FC, because they all said they had never heard about smells or flaking.

I'm not saying that these problems don't exist, but I am saying that the complaints here are way out of proportion compared to the number of flawlessly working units out there.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom