• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't have the Flowermate but I know it's been out in the marketplace less than a year. The Solo came out in 2011 and has survived the test of time. Also Arizer makes wonderful products and has a very good reputation.

I've heard @Vape Dr. describe the taste of the Flowermate to the Pax. I personally didn't like the taste of the Pax it's similar tasting to the Pinnacle Pro's vapor flavor.

Last edited:

raj154

wow. first off i'd like to say how awesome this community seems. I've been on /r/vaporents for like 2 years and I just made a FC account today and this place seems amazing. Secondly, I was wondering if there was ANY way to make the Solo a little more pocket friendly or stealthy, since I definitely want to be able to use my Solo while walking around (a huge plus of the the MFLB for me). And lastly, I've had to warranty my launch box twice and it was such an easy process; I was wondering if the Solo warranty is as quick and simple (I am ordering from Puff It Up for 130$). Thanks again guys

Rise&Solo

As the Q man says, there are lots of glass screens in the game, I think this is what's being discussed here, basically flat glass plates with holes:
http://www.amazon.com/Honeycomb-Scr...sbs_hpc_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Q89A93BTBF658YRAANV

You can also get the same sort of thing in ceramic:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LEWLLF6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OF
I actually got these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E000KSI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One difference is that these have a stem and are 3-dimensional. The ones you linked to look interesting, but since I already have 200 of these things it will probably be a while before time comes to reorder, or try something else.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
wow. first off i'd like to say how awesome this community seems. I've been on /r/vaporents for like 2 years and I just made a FC account today and this place seems amazing. Secondly, I was wondering if there was ANY way to make the Solo a little more pocket friendly or stealthy, since I definitely want to be able to use my Solo while walking around (a huge plus of the the MFLB for me). And lastly, I've had to warranty my launch box twice and it was such an easy process; I was wondering if the Solo warranty is as quick and simple (I am ordering from Puff It Up for 130$). Thanks again guys
Welcome to the FC community. The Solo is my fav portable and I have several different kinds.

To make the Solo more portable you could buy an @Ed's TnT wooden mouthpiece. He makes some very beautiful pieces that are also useful and practical. I have an 18 mm WonG that I use as a mouthpiece as well as a GonG in a pinch. You never know when glass will break.

The D020 bubbler mates well with the Solo. You can get that off DHgate, very cheap.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
If you're getting it from PuffItUp Randy and the team will take care of you.

mrs.biggo

My one huge concern with the Flowermate is that it is manufactured in China, and thus has no warranty and I have less trust with the materials it uses. This juxtaposes the Solo, which I feel is superior due to its manufacturing in Canada. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Seems you may have answered your own questions friend!
...China...no warranty...inferior materials... NO!
...Solo made in Canada...SUPERIOR craftsmanship... YES!

Just my .02 :rockon:

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
wow. first off i'd like to say how awesome this community seems. I've been on /r/vaporents for like 2 years and I just made a FC account today and this place seems amazing. Secondly, I was wondering if there was ANY way to make the Solo a little more pocket friendly or stealthy, since I definitely want to be able to use my Solo while walking around .

You could try either the MacDonald's cup trick ... or maybe look at the Arizer Air. Its like a smaller version of the solo. More $$$ though.

HomeFree

Anyone have tips for doing really small loads in a solo? I wonder if those glass flowers would work to occupy some space in the stem. I have my screen up about 2/3 of the way from where it would be if you push it down to the bottom on my GonG so it is at about 1/3 capacity of the normal PV GonG. Seems like small loads lose their terpenes pretty fast, so I start inhaling as soon as the second light goes on, sometimes sooner. Only problem is it slowly inches downwards and my amount gets higher.

Still enjoy my solo 100% though. Use it almost every night.

Quetzalcoatl

Glass screens will work for that, I'm not sure which kind @KidFated. is using but that's what he uses them for. We were talking about flat "tophat" like screens. Looks like the one on the right

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-67#post-715810

except you will want to flip it over so the flat part is top instead of "basket-style" placement. Height changes with how much you trim the bottom... I use 1 inch screens and shape them in, trim, torch, and use.

bout to go in on some purple kush, smells so sweet :drool:

LongIslandmom

I think you want the Azier air. I do too!! It has been such a crazy time down here and I'm so glad I brougt her. But I'm also glad I resurected my pulsar 7 pen which is what I will use for Mardi gras at least. Now all of a sudden my solo doesn't beep when I turn her on. But otherwise it's been so much fun

Ttyl

LongIslandmom,
Reactions: CarolKing

Quetzalcoatl

I think you want the Azier air. I do too!! It has been such a crazy time down here and I'm so glad I brougt her. But I'm also glad I resurected my pulsar 7 pen which is what I will use for Mardi gras at least. Now all of a sudden my solo doesn't beep when I turn her on. But otherwise it's been so much fun

Ttyl
turn the solo on, once it's done with the light show, hold the left button down for a few seconds. you should hear a confirmation beep. hold it again for a few seconds and you won't hear anything but it will turn the sound back off again.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
turn the solo on, once it's done with the light show, hold the left button down for a few seconds. you should hear a confirmation beep. hold it again for a few seconds and you won't hear anything but it will turn the sound back off again.

God I wish I could even hear that stupid beep so I can turn it off!!
Blows my cover all the time! :cool:

Dr. Soxhlet,
Reactions: ataxian

Ifeejulah Vapor

Cant wait to cop the air...mini solo damn gotta be the #1 vape on the market rn

I bought those daisy sscreena and they weren't flat, they had a poker thing sticking down or upward so it didnt work nicely..i been making a bunch of makeshift shortys waiting to land on the best way

KidFated.

Unknown Member

I bought those daisy sscreena and they weren't flat, they had a poker thing sticking down or upward so it didnt work nicely..i been making a bunch of makeshift shortys waiting to land on the best way
They aren't flat usually. Flat side against the glass stem screen, pokey thing up and ss screen against the raised bump, screen tucked in on all sides

OF

Ifeejulah Vapor

Jesus those are over priced 8$ for 4? Ill get em for a quarter at the local shop...i aksed ab these and was told originally they werent what we were talking ab.

I keep up with the posts my G just sharing my personal experience with the daisy screens i bought locally.

Rise&Solo

I use the daisy screens. But, as I just found out, I use them differently than KidFated. I put it in the bowl with the stem sticking down, through one of the 4 hole in the bottom of the stem's bowl. That holds it in place and makes the flower part a false bottom for the bowl. Between the thickness of the flower part and the fact that the stem doesn't quite go all the way down the hole in the bowl, I get 1/3 to 1/2 reduction in the bowl size. The SS screen goes in, slightly concave.

There are other ways to achieve the same result, special shorty stems, the flat screens OH linked to, the domed screens people use, etc. Mine may not be the optimum way to do it but it is "good enough" for me. And while "good enough" is the enemy of "better" it is, after all, still good enough.

The fact that there are so many ways to skin this cat is a testimony of the Solo's versatility.

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Just received my solo today, excited as fuck. It's currently on the charger, after about 1 hour of charging the green light went solid.. My understanding is that I should let it continue to charge for another 4 hours before using it, correct? And do a burn in for 10-15 minutes at max temp?

OF

Just received my solo today, excited as fuck. It's currently on the charger, after about 1 hour of charging the green light went solid.. My understanding is that I should let it continue to charge for another 4 hours before using it, correct? And do a burn in for 10-15 minutes at max temp?

Congrats. Yes, I think that's the best advice we've come up with for brand new units.

I hope you have another vape to keep you company for the longest 255 minutes in recent memory? One good session should do it?

OF

VANVAS

Yes my friend! You have to charge overnight or something like 8 h or so,
learning all from this thread , i have say about this, thanks to all members cause everyday i learn something about .

OF

taking my launch box for one last flight before i put it away once this bad boy is all charged up

Cool. Please allow me to predict that neat as Solo is, you're still going to visit with the humble box from time to time.

And you won't be at all alone in doing so, LOTS of us have a MFLB or two close at hand for when the urge strikes.

We are truly blessed to have such choices in the market.

Best wishes. Remember, you don't shake Solo between hits.....

OF

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Cool. Please allow me to predict that neat as Solo is, you're still going to visit with the humble box from time to time.

And you won't be at all alone in doing so, LOTS of us have a MFLB or two close at hand for when the urge strikes.

We are truly blessed to have such choices in the market.

Best wishes. Remember, you don't shake Solo between hits.....

OF

Couldn't agree more. Solo is generally a bigger hitter than the MFLB, and my preferred when stealth isn't an issue. But, hard to beat the MFLB for those stealthy situations. It's small and easy to pocket and palm, and with a little practice you can make your exhale pretty much imperceptible.

When stealth isn't an issue and more than 20 feet away from an A/C receptacle, solo remains my first choice.

Top Bottom