Arizer Solo

ctxgooner

gooner
My flame only covered about 1/2-3/4 of the stem and it was more like 10-15 seconds so the mouth piece wasnt too hot....i hit it right out of the stem.....

ctxgooner,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
So i have this stealth stem that ive had no idea what to do with...threw my eq whip on it for shits. Its pretty nice.. If i had a solid mount for the solo next to my bed or something it could be cool to use...or it could be pointless n im just tryna put my shit to use haha

I must say im on my second 12 minute run on level 4 then 5 and the airflow is great, not restricted at all and im gettin huge rips
now that i take the air out, ive been wanting to keep it in my pocket and run tubing to my neck or thru my sleeve under my shirt like headphones but i dont have any tubing...

akwardsauce,

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
Ok so i unplugged for 10 mins and charged overnight.
This morning i got 8 full sessions down to no.1 battery
This about right for a high capacity battery? Thanks

Ifeejulah Vapor

now that i take the air out, ive been wanting to keep it in my pocket and run tubing to my neck or thru my sleeve under my shirt like headphones but i dont have any tubing...
Awesome! I thought if that same thing! Ill try one day at a local bar haha...

8 sessions from a full battery sounds right

Ifeejulah Vapor,

mixchu69

Update on the PVHES Vortex stem :

Ok , last night I only got to test it for a few dry sessions before I started
My water rituals . I do dry sessions during the day for the most part , so I
Took it with me today to give it more extensive testing .

What I noticed 1st was , with the thicker glass , you’ll need to
Heat soak your load a bit longer before you’ll see the vapors .
I had to slow my inhale slightly , to ‘ milk ‘ the vapor thru the vortex .
Not as long as you would with the Evo , but more to let it amass thru the stem .
There’s no more 4 holes in the bowl , just one a la turbo style , but not as big .

For those that like to sip and enjoy a slow relaxing session .
I think you’ll like the vortex . If you’re in a rush out the door , use the stock stems .
Once the vortex is properly heat soaked , the hits are very nice and more of them it seems .
No change in flavor or taste , not that I expected . I didn't think the clouds were any
thicker/denser per se , but def. less harsh nor irritating to the my throat .

There’s a slight more draw resistance with the vortex .
I remember back a couple of years , there was some discussion about the Venturi effect .
How it ‘ might ‘ offer an improved/bigger hit and therefore a more medicated effect .
It developed thru the Sublimator thread .
@Buildozer came up with the idea for his Vaporbox .
So I fiddled with adding a silicone mp tip to the Solo . ( I did the same with the vortex stem too . )
@ataxian upgraded it to a glass chillum mp . I’d e-mailed PV about making a stem with an already
Built in chillum tip at the end of their stems . That didn’t materialize , but PV did make a few specialty Chillums on the Solo for a few members that asked . I still use the silicone tips because I find it Eases the draw and I don’t clank my teeth on the glass anymore .

Long story … PV is listening and wants to be a part of our vaping experience .
They’ve done their R & D and decided on the position of their vortex chamber .

The extra length in the vortex , Does Not fit into the standard stock case slot :(
And my ABV was a bit lighter color at the top of my load on level 4 .
I'll want to get the Vortex Shorty , for a more complete extraction of my herbs
without having to stir .

Solo enthusiasts should have this in their quiver , especially if you’re a slow session sipper .
It is more durable and less likely to break , but it is still glass ( ataxian , you should get 2 ) .
Thanks for the review. I love sipping on my ascent, with its big bowl. Can you sip on the vortex shorty too or is it fast extraction?

I'm not planning to get the shorty because I like big bowls. Just curious

Last edited:
mixchu69,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Awesome! I thought if that same thing! Ill try one day at a local bar haha...

8 sessions from a full battery sounds right
I think you'd be better off putting the Solo in a McDonalds cup if you want stealth in a bar. It will smell a bit.
Where's the Solo?
mc_cup520.png

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
I just didont think ive seen this discussed before.......
For those who use screens and have tons of honey backing up in their stems, you might want to consider just pulling the screen, inserting the stem into a 14mm GonG female and then gently heating the whole thing with a jet torch - basically turning it into a cheap Eclipse. I find this works really well and is the easiest way I can think of to "reclaim" your oil. The intake is such that hits are dense and rich.

Post from Page 72, Sept 27, 2011 of the first reference that I remember of torching your Solo stem from old friend CDS. He also broke a few stems from thermal shock as I recall. CDS also had a great video of him torching away with Greatful Dead music playing in the background on the next page. Listen to Stu, he's spot on with his advice.

My ISO reclaim jar is a very dark brown from over 3 years worth of Solo stem reclaim.
One of these days I'm going to have to finally evaporate that potent batch.

Last edited:

Ifeejulah Vapor

I think you'd be better off putting the Solo in a McDonalds cup if you want stealth in a bar. It will smell a bit.
Where's the Solo?
mc_cup520.png
I just hate the idea of using the solo through a plastic straw. i think the tube would be more of a "what? Im not sipping On anything" rather than "what? Its just a mcdonalds cup"

I ussually just step outside and use the straight stem, idc ab getting in trouble but everyone wants a hit :\ (and its cold af)

Ifeejulah Vapor,

poonman

Thanks for the review. I love sipping on my ascent, with its big bowl. Can you sip on the vortex shorty too or is it fast extraction?

I'm not planning to get the shorty because I like big bowls. Just curious

Yes you can sip on the Vortex stem .
The extra glass thickness seems to savor the load a bit longer .
Would like to hear from others also .

I will get the Vortex shorty , when they're in stock .
That one should provide quicker extraction or shorter sessions .

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I just hate the idea of using the solo through a plastic straw. i think the tube would be more of a "what? Im not sipping On anything" rather than "what? Its just a mcdonalds cup"

I ussually just step outside and use the straight stem, idc ab getting in trouble but everyone wants a hit :\ (and its cold af)
You don't have to use a plastic straw. Use a regular glass straight stem. It looks like a thicker straw. I have pics a while back at the beach with my Solo in a McDonalds cup and the glass mouthpiece.

I've had my Solo out in public no McDonalds cup. Folks don't even notice. I'm just careful I'm not around areas with children. I live in WA. It's legal!!!!!!! :D

How difficult a draw with the Vortex stem anyone? Compared to the stock stem, I'm debating whether to buy? For the most part I'm a bit partial to the bent stem. Is it difficult draw like the older model Solo kinda feel, the very thick milkshake feel?

Last edited:

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
I've had my Solo out in public no McDonalds cup. Folks don't even notice. I'm just careful I'm not around areas with children. I live in WA. It's legal!!!!!!! :D
I do the cup ploy in public too. I live in Washinton State also. I applaud your enthusiasm, but caution. It's still not legal in public!! Just a ticket at this point but still a hassle if you get caught. The cup really is really the way to go.

Ifeejulah Vapor

You don't have to use a plastic straw. Use a regular glass straight stem. It looks like a thicker straw. I have pics a while back at the beach with my Solo in a McDonalds cup and the glass mouthpiece.

How difficult a draw with the Vortex stem anyone? Compared to the stock stem, I'm debating whether to buy? For the most part I'm a bit partial to the bent stem. Is it difficult draw like the older model Solo kinda feel, the very thick milkshake feel?

Yea ur right thattle work but my original problem was finding a way to use this stealth stem haha it just lays around clean as hell cuz i dont wanna vape out of a straw

poonman

Yea ur right thattle work but my original problem was finding a way to use this stealth stem haha it just lays around clean as hell cuz i dont wanna vape out of a straw

iirc ,
A member attached a 6 inch silicone whip from the NO2 to the stealth
stem and used it like a flexi straw . Mentioned it offered a better
seal and smoother vapor path . He also used a longer whip and
attached the other end into a small stand up bubbler .

You can use many stealth vaporizers/pens/puffers .
It's upon the Exhale of cloud plumage that draws attention .
Especially indoors , you may get away with it outdoors in
the winter months .

OF

You can use many stealth vaporizers/pens/puffers .
It's upon the Exhale of cloud plumage that draws attention .
Especially indoors , you may get away with it outdoors in
the winter months .

So, since we've wondered into this again, let me bore you with a lame idea I never stayed interested in long enough to actually try: Put mister Solo in a 'hydropack', you know the backpack water carrier with long straw you don't take off to drink from? Vapor up the tube, pretty simple?

Now for the fun parts. Use a couple long mechanical shutter releases with rubber buttons on the business end to remotely push the control buttons. These are the ones I bought for the project and still have somewhere around here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C4QXZ5U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My plan was to put the 'control end' on the straps. You'd push both to start then use the 'step up' key to set the level, counting pushes. Amazon claims I bought these a year and a half back, this is at least that old an idea.

Secondly, to hide your exhaust and kill the smell I planned a a reed flapper, poppet or similar valve to redirect your blowing the used hit back up the tube into a self contained activated charcoal vapor trap. Such valves are easy to make and effective at such low pressures, used in SCUBA and rebreater gear routinely.

OF

poonman

Not difficult at all , think of it as inhaling thru an
additional chamber ( vortex ) . Granted the vortex is a slimmer
cylindrical air path to start , but opens up for the rest of the
inhale . It does seem to offer a smoother hit compare to the stock stem . ime

I too prefer the bent stems , and I will ask PV if
they can manufacture bent vortex stems in the future .

CK , you are def. a Solo connoisseur , you should have one .
I want to hear your thoughts on the vortex .

Ifeejulah Vapor

Needed to conserve so i rigged this up by cutting up o rings

Makeshift shorty stem...the ring hugs the outside of the stem so airflow isnt effected

Anyone think its bad to be putting the o rings closer to the heat and inhaling? I figured since theyre meant to be in the heat anyway it wouldnt be a big deal

Ifeejulah Vapor,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
They may be rated for 450 (IIRC) but I wouldn't put them in the stem. If I want to make a shorty stem I just use a screen. Usually a 1 inch, press it into the stem and form it to the inside and against the walls/floor and corner where they meet, take it out and trim to height. Then flip it upside down and place it. Looks like a tophat without the "brim" and it ends up looking similar to the pictures.

OF

If I want to make a shorty stem I just use a screen. Usually a 1 inch, press it into the stem and form it to the inside and against the walls/floor and corner where they meet, take it out and trim to height. Then flip it upside down and place it. Looks like a tophat without the "brim" and it ends up looking similar to the pictures.

I agree, although I tend to cheat and use 5/8 screens so I don't have to trim to fit. While I too favor the 'all metal' approach (and also see no temperature problems with the right material in the ring) this 'lazy man's way' carries the day because it can be so easily flamed clean.

I like fine mesh, so it fouls quickly. I have maybe 8 or 10 screens in two small jars, one clean, one fouled. When I run out of cleaned ones I break out the hemostats (no need for a roach clip these days....) and use a small torch lighter to heat them until they glow dull red. They cool fast and have a light 'dusting' of ash that easily brushes off. Very easy to have fresh screens anytime. BTW, this is my recommended lighter for the task, three bucks shipped. Tough as nails. I recommend ordering a couple on general principles alone:

http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320#.VLrEfMnSO9I

OF

Rise&Solo

Another option for reducing bowl size is those glass flowers that @KidFated posted about a few pages back. I got some and the effect is to reduce the stock bowl size by about 2/3rds. And it is borosilicate (sp?) glass, so it should be better than other materials.

But I am going to get a hold of some 1" screens to try @Quetzalcoatl 's method.

I know I could just go ahead and buy shorty stems, but I guess I just like improvising.

Deano

My solo just arrived today but I haven't had a chance to use it. My girl doesn't know I smoke and I'm going to have to eventually tell her.

Her only experience with bud has been negative because her step son got in trouble with it and her ex husband used to deal before they were ever married. Long story short she's not the biggest fan of it.

I'm hoping the idea of vaping seems less negative to her. She knows I smoked years ago just not now. I may make her some edibles with my abv and surprise her lol

OF

My girl doesn't know I smoke and I'm going to have to eventually tell her.

I may make her some edibles with my abv and surprise her lol

But you're not smoking, you're vaporizing. Smoking is nasty and bad for you, vaporizing is smart.......

The edibles idea is a good intro I think, but I suggest you making brownies (or something) with some top shelf stuff and both of you share that? Great ice breaker, and no smoking/vapor involved. Be advised, it might take a second trial on her part a day or two later.......did you get off the first time?

Good luck with it, IMO it's important to be honest with folks you want to be honest with you.

OF

al bundy

Vaporist
They may be rated for 450 (IIRC) but I wouldn't put them in the stem. If I want to make a shorty stem I just use a screen. Usually a 1 inch, press it into the stem and form it to the inside and against the walls/floor and corner where they meet, take it out and trim to height. Then flip it upside down and place it. Looks like a tophat without the "brim" and it ends up looking similar to the pictures.

The screen from the original pinnacle pro pong or mouthpiece works great for cutting you stem size in half.

Rise&Solo

My solo just arrived today but I haven't had a chance to use it. My girl doesn't know I smoke and I'm going to have to eventually tell her.

Her only experience with bud has been negative because her step son got in trouble with it and her ex husband used to deal before they were ever married. Long story short she's not the biggest fan of it.

I'm hoping the idea of vaping seems less negative to her. She knows I smoked years ago just not now. I may make her some edibles with my abv and surprise her lol

Be really careful. You may end up with an pretty angry girl on your hands if by "surprise" her, you mean giving her an edible without telling her what it is. That is probably not what you meant, but, just sayin'.

Another option for reducing bowl size is those glass flowers that @KidFated posted about a few pages back. I got some and the effect is to reduce the stock bowl size by about 2/3rds. And it is borosilicate (sp?) glass, so it should be better than other materials.

But I am going to get a hold of some 1" screens to try @Quetzalcoatl 's method.

I know I could just go ahead and buy shorty stems, but I guess I just like improvising.

Duh, sorry. That should have read reduces the bowl size by about 1/3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom