Arizer Solo

Ifeejulah Vapor

Deff keep the stems clean. I love a fresh clean stem.

i've had my solo for a year now and thought I'd chime in. Mine took a roll-over spill in a jeep, tossed out on the gravel and broke the stem clean off, still works perfectly with just a few dings and dents. The battery seems to be losing steam, but still usually lasts all day. The four screws on the bottom have split the plastic around them but still hold everything in place. I have given it plenty of use and have dropped it more than once. I can't complain, well worth the money I paid for it.

Solo of the year award?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You get way better flavor with a clean stem. I have been using the bent stock stem lately. May buy the new Vortex stem but the draw level being a bit limited I may not. I do like a thicker glass for less breakage. I hear ya Ataxian I break glass too. I always buy 2 of everything.

Last edited:

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
Can anyone help please.
Ive just bought a high power battery, charged till solid then for 4 hours more.
From( just solid yellow) battery level 7 down to 0 got me six sessions. I returned got a new one, same thing happened. They checked the orig one i returned and got 2 hours plus
I then put old battery in and did same as above but eith 6 sessions i went down to battery level 1. Some my 14 mnth old battery lasted longer? Any advice!

peterpiper,
Reactions: OF

OF

No but vapefiend have asked me to send in. Would a hard reset help! Is a bummer, cos thinkimg about it my old battery aint doing too bad.
Cheers of

No, I doubt it. Near as I can tell it's hardware, not a 'soft meter' like in a cell phone. It displays .1 Volt steps down from 4.0 IIRC (per cell, twice for total battery). A reset has no effect, in fact you did it every time you changed batteries, right?

Let's not panic. How are you judging the quality? By sessions, where you're actually using it and therefore pulling cold air in, is awfully subjective. I use a 'charge to the top, do back to back step 7 runs with no stem (open top) until it no longer lights the one LED at the next session start. There can be some difference in the first step (normal I'd say to get two sessions before 6?) but then 'a step a session' down is a good gauge. By the time you go 5 or 6 sessions, errors have been averaged out pretty well I think. IMO 8 or 9 is a good factory battery. They can be a bit higher when very young, but should have that level for their useful life. By the time it gets down to 5 or 6 you're on borrowed time....by 3 or 4 you're basically dead. Very few sessions left.

While you might prematurely replace the battery, and a new one, even high capacity, might not be all that impressive the chance of replacing a failing battery with a new even worse one is small indeed.......unless the charger is off???

OF

OF,

OF

Yes but the charger is charging old one ok!

Understood, at least charging to some level, the issue being what level. The only way I can see right now I can account for the lower performance of the new battery relative to the old is if the measure isn't relative (which is why I asked if your test was 'userless') or the initial charging failed to bring one of the cells in the new pack to full capacity (possible/likely with a charger low voltage defect) we could be looking at an unbalanced pack where the weaker of the two is prematurely hitting the low end. Which is why the question about measuring the packs when they were out came up, it would tell us.

OF

OF,

Deano

Looks like people use the pancake/sandwich method or drops on a cotton ball for wax and liquid. Are those pretty successful methods?

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
Argh i see. Yes i thought it sort of seemed to be equal to old battery or there abouts. Thats why i wondered if hard reset might clear it. Yes i did hard reset when changing battery but only left unplugged for a few secs, not 10 mins or so Tests were whilst using pretty much equal amount of use if that makes sense. Thanks again of

Rise&Solo

I've been using 2 glass flowers in my solo stems and doing micro loads. The clouds don't quit, and I'm using less material than ever. Taste falls off a little quicker due to the extra conduction, but I don't mind.

Seeing this message from you motivated me to check it out and get some of these glass flowers. I started out putting one of the glass flowers (with the stem going down one of the 4 holes) in the bowl and then a regular SS screen. Then I filled the bowl the normal way (it took less, obviously) and vaped. It worked fine. I can't say I noticed much performance difference.

Then I tried it with the second glass screen on top of the material (so it would be between the herb and the bottom of the heat chamber) and to be honest I didn't notice any real difference (of course I was stoned by then). So, since it is a little easier, I have just been using the one glass flower screen. Have you tried it with just the one glass flower? If so, what is the difference you see between that and the two glass flower method you settled on?

But in any case, thank you very much for the heads up as I had never heard or seen such things. For me the biggest benefit is the way it reduces the size of the bowl, since I am trying to get to where the bowl and the 12 minutes end about the same time.

And at $10 for 200 of the little beasties, at my age it will prove to be a lifetime supply.

So, Kudos to You!! :tup:

Deano

What accessories are there for the solo? The one I ordered is the newest model which allows usage while charging and better airflow.

I saw some elbow glass adaptors but not sure what model it was for because it simply said arizer.

Deano,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
What accessories are there for the solo? The one I ordered is the newest model which allows usage while charging and better airflow.

I saw some elbow glass adaptors but not sure what model it was for because it simply said arizer.
Those are for the V-Tower/Extreme Q. Planet Vape has a new "Vortex Stem" that was reviewed last page or two. There are a few other stem makers in the Accessories, Ed's TnT and under Glass JoDa. Maybe pick up a water adapter for glass use? Ed's stems are wood and metal, don't break from dropping, JoDa can make you stuff like a plain stem or add a sweet octopus on it or whatever he feels he can do successfully. You want screens too probably, 1/2 inch sits flat, 5/8 inch domes up a little bit and not against the 4 glass holes.

whiteboyy09

Shatter works awesome in the solo, I'm actually high after 1 bowl again. Used the curved stem, shoved a little bit of cotton into the bowl then set some shatter on top. Hold upside down or else it will drop into your heater. It happened to me after I got to high and flipped it right side up. Just held it upside down on level 7 heat and it dripped right off. No need to sandwich with cotton as long as the shatter doesn't touch the heater. I am just ripped right now sorry for the long post

Ifeejulah Vapor

So i have this stealth stem that ive had no idea what to do with...threw my eq whip on it for shits. Its pretty nice.. If i had a solid mount for the solo next to my bed or something it could be cool to use...or it could be pointless n im just tryna put my shit to use haha

I must say im on my second 12 minute run on level 4 then 5 and the airflow is great, not restricted at all and im gettin huge rips

Last edited:

InFuFuWeTrust

Mud Golem
Hey,

I'm guilty. I own and love this BADASS unit ; "This is my boy!"

A really flexible thing who fit well with my preferences.

I use it with Doom Screen. Really nice improvement. Small loads but huge hits. Thx for the tips !

I wanna buy some luxury - PVHES stem.

Since my Davinci Ascent, I find that a little air restriction (like the 4 holes) improve the flavor - maybe it's just in my head.

So I must admit I will go for the normal one in place of the turbo.

But I'm stuck after that, Shorty or not Shorty ?

As I love the Doom Screen I think the Shorty could be better for me. But i'm worried about the size of the chamber now. May I use the shorty and the doom screen at the same time ?

What do you think - I'm a ex-smoker and love big could but really enjoy the taste as well ?

I'm worried about another thing as well. I always smoked joints and I disliked bang. I try to change my mind about water filtration as I'm vaping now but but unsuccessfully so far. Feel tasteless and need high temp to get cloud. So it's not really efficient for me. I guess I'm wrong somewhere but I couldn't get it ... Notice that I use a water Tool similar to the F-bomb.

Thx for reading, Solo lovers.

FuFu.

Ps : I love share my vape as well and bought the lovely Ed's TnT stem for that. Worth it !

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
If you want clouds the regular screen would be better as it can hold more material. With the shorty you may find yourself loading it twice to get where you want to be due to a smaller size. The regular stem means you have more "vapor potential" plus more flavor if you're into slow-sippin' it.

ctxgooner

gooner
I just did something stupid/brilliant??

My straight stock stem was prettt caked up with honey.......im not sure what i was planning to do,but i heated it up with my torch to see if it would liquify i guess?? But of course vapor started to poor out of the end so i took a good rip.......holy shit :o :mental:
It reminds me of the first time i did a dab......i was completely paralyzed for a good 15 minutes and now im just fubar........dont think ive seen this discussed before.......if i could somehow replicate this but filter through my wp it would be epic.......

Lovin my solos

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just did something stupid/brilliant??

My straight stock stem was prettt caked up with honey.......im not sure what i was planning to do,but i heated it up with my torch to see if it would liquify i guess?? But of course vapor started to poor out of the end so i took a good rip.......holy shit :o :mental:
It reminds me of the first time i did a dab......i was completely paralyzed for a good 15 minutes and now im just fubar........dont think ive seen this discussed before.......if i could somehow replicate this but filter through my wp it would be epic.......

Lovin my solos
From a couple of pages back:
First let me say that torching the stem while hitting through a water pipe is very dangerous to the integrity of the stem and could cause permanent damage. No one should attempt it if they care about their stem's longevity.

Having said that, it can provide some glorious rips and I've still managed to break less glass than @ataxian in the process.

:peace:

Just be careful doing this and don't keep the torch on the same spot of glass for too long or it will break.

:peace:

Ifeejulah Vapor

How do you actually take the rip? Through the stem or you just suck it up out of the air as its pouring out?

Thinking itd be hot as hell to put ur mouth to

Last edited:
Ifeejulah Vapor,
Reactions: ctxgooner
Top Bottom