Arizer Solo II

Do you guys like the domed screens? I imagine the only advantage would be a smaller load?

I use the regular flat screens in my Air's stock stem.

It's only a matter time before I order the solo 2... August is my birthday so that might be a good time :nod:

Just want to say thanks to you FC members. I really value your opinions and have based my purchasing decisions on the feedback I've read here. :peace:

OF

Do you guys like the domed screens? I imagine the only advantage would be a smaller load?

Yep, love 'em. Highly recommended.

No, smaller loads is only one advantage. And probably not the common use. They can (and probably usually are) inserted the other way, 'dome down' so the volume is not much different/reduced. But there's a huge difference in screen fouling. With flat screens most of the screen is obstructed by the glass plate with the holes, a small fraction of the screen really 'works'. Not so with the domed ones. Vapor can (and does) easily pass through the entire area to line up and slip past the four holes. Your screen can be really really fouled and you still can draw very easily. Cleaning intervals are much longer.

And they're thick enough and well formed so you can 'flame them' (hold them by the edge and torch them until they glow, burning all the fouling off), brush off the ash, put 'em back, load up and be vaping again in say two minutes?

Glad you're considering upgrading to Solo 2, it may or may not make sense for you personally. Only you can decide that I guess, but IMO you should invest a few dollars and try the screens at least?

OF

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@AJS Thanks for the great pic! Is it possible to show another pic with herb loaded? I am trying to visualize how you can fill it without herb falling right out when flipped over. No pressure if you can't get to taking a pic, but if you feel up to it, it would be really helpful! Thanks so much.

Jill NYC,
Reactions: BigJr48

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The D020 Bubbler with a PVHES stem standand size GonG. I'm using warm water that's why it's fogged up. Plenty of clouds. I can't make a video or I would. There's some Graddaddy Purp in the GonG. Enjoying the nice weather not too hot and not too cold. A nice 74 degrees today.
The Solo 2 is at 390 degrees and hardly that much heat. The warm water makes everything so smooooth.
DXBBXmg.jpg

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS Thanks for the great pic! Is it possible to show another pic with herb loaded? I am trying to visualize how you can fill it without herb falling right out when flipped over. No pressure if you can't get to taking a pic, but if you feel up to it, it would be really helpful! Thanks so much.
With a light tamp, you insert the stem into the Solo while holding the Solo upside down so the load doesn't spill. Take the first hit upside down and the heat and airflow will stick the herb together and it won't fall out after that.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
With a light tamp, you insert the stem into the Solo while holding the Solo upside down so the load doesn't spill. Take the first hit upside down and the heat and airflow will stick the herb together and it won't fall out after that.
Thx! How high do you load it? Just above the screen or up to the grooves?

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Yep, love 'em. Highly recommended.

With flat screens most of the screen is obstructed by the glass plate with the holes, a small fraction of the screen really 'works'. Not so with the domed ones. Vapor can (and does) easily pass through the entire area to line up and slip past the four holes.
OF

Arizer stems that I received with the Solo 2 have little bumps that raise the flat screen from the surface. I kept trying to seat the flat screen until I noticed the bumps and realized they are there to improve airflow.

BigJr48

The D020 Bubbler with a PVHES stem standand size GonG. I'm using warm water that's why it's fogged up. Plenty of clouds. I can't make a video or I would. There's some Graddaddy Purp in the GonG. Enjoying the nice weather not too hot and not too cold. A nice 74 degrees today.
The Solo 2 is at 390 degrees and hardly that much heat. The warm water makes everything so smooooth.
DXBBXmg.jpg
I'm digging that bubbler!!!!!

OF

I'm digging that bubbler!!!!!

And you're very far from being alone in that. LOTS of us bought D020s of several models a few years back to go with Solos. IIRC it was CK herself that started the run on them? I think it's her fault anyway.

I don't use mine much, kind of big for the portable vape style I use, but it's a solid performer and excellent price. I don't recall any complaints of broken, flawed or damaged WTs?

There's even a special FC model (FC 187) you might want to check into. Lots of stuff on youtube. IIRC it's under $25 shipped from DHGate.

Worth considering for sure.

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Please do keep us posted of any firm information you can pass on, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested
I received an email from Amy of Arizer asking that I ship my defective unit back to them. Since I have an Uncle with Parkinson's Disease who is new to vaping and has been testing the Solo II as a medical device, she said they would ship a replacement immediately, even before receiving my unit. All I had to do was give her the tracking number for my defective unit which I sent off this morning. Thanks, Arizer. :)

@d4ydr34m1n
You are quite welcome, my friend. I'm guessing the reason you cannot find the 'Error Code 7' issue readily is because it's rare? Arizer builds solid products and most folks are not having any problems at all. I also own their Extreme Q & original Solo and never had any issues whatsoever. They just work. And work well.

Carry on with the return process and keep the faith. I am confident you will be well taken care of.

-------

On another note, no indication of what 'Error Code 7' is has been given at this stage. I have a guess as to what triggers this but am reluctant to share as it is only just that...an educated guess. All I can advise to folks is to make sure your stem is seated properly in the unit so that the contents don't spill out and plug (or fall through) the holes in the oven.

Have a great day.

OF

All I can advise to folks is to make sure your stem is seated properly in the unit so that the contents don't spill out and plug (or fall through) the holes in the oven.

Thanks for the update. I can understand if they want to keep their error codes confidential.

However, I wouldn't put too much effort in preventing the occasional bit of herb (or ABV) from getting into the works. Some seems to get there historically. And there are reports/photos of Solos with LOTS down below in the other Solo thread. Amazing amounts, really. And still working fine.......

Not to be ignored, of course, but not to be too worried about.

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Thanks for the update. I can understand if they want to keep their error codes confidential.

However, I wouldn't put too much effort in preventing the occasional bit of herb (or ABV) from getting into the works. Some seems to get there historically. And there are reports/photos of Solos with LOTS down below in the other Solo thread. Amazing amounts, really. And still working fine.......

Not to be ignored, of course, but not to be too worried about.

OF
Good point, OF. I didn't mean to cause unnecessary concern. :)

I'll be replacing the battery in my original Solo soon and will see what has accumulated over time. But like you said, it didn't hamper the performance of the unit at all.

Last edited:

OF

I'll be replacing the battery in my original Solo soon and will see what has accumulated over time. But like you said, it didn't hamper the performance of the unit at all.

Cool. With the old style it was easy to clean since you can easily unscrew the cap and blow/shake the debris out from under the oven. But, as you say, that doesn't seem necessary.......

Good luck with the battery replacement. I just got two pairs of tabbed Panasonic 18650Bs (what I think the new Solo pack is made of) and plan to build up and test a replacement/upgrade pack for Solo I, be nice to have the extra battery life there (although it'll take longer to charge).

OF

AJS

Calm Consistency
Cool. With the old style it was easy to clean since you can easily unscrew the cap and blow/shake the debris out from under the oven. But, as you say, that doesn't seem necessary.......

Good luck with the battery replacement. I just got two pairs of tabbed Panasonic 18650Bs (what I think the new Solo pack is made of) and plan to build up and test a replacement/upgrade pack for Solo I, be nice to have the extra battery life there (although it'll take longer to charge).

OF
It's such a delight having to charge only once every 4 days or so. Especially if I'm going through water, considering it's only on for about 3 minutes. Battery seems never ending.

CarolKing

This is the PVHES standard size GonG with the four holes in the bottom. They have the notches at the end that sits in the oven for added airflow. I don't fill the stem all the way up with cannabis. Leave a small area at the top so your load isn't sitting on the bottom of the oven. Like fill it up 5/6 of the way. Don't pack just give a little pinky tap. You want adequate airflow.
zTrs5yL.jpg

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been vaping too much at work so decided to find a way to cut down. I vape because my job is easy and boring and it helps me combat my adhd induced burnout.
Instead of bringing my herb and Solo, I brought just 1 pre-packed stem in the solo 2. On break #1 I turned to 340 and took 2 solid rips. Effects are so nice in the lower doses down at that temp. Will stick with this more often.

CarolKing

And you're very far from being alone in that. LOTS of us bought D020s of several models a few years back to go with Solos. IIRC it was CK herself that started the run on them? I think it's her fault anyway.

I don't use mine much, kind of big for the portable vape style I use, but it's a solid performer and excellent price. I don't recall any complaints of broken, flawed or damaged WTs?

There's even a special FC model (FC 187) you might want to check into. Lots of stuff on youtube. IIRC it's under $25 shipped from DHGate.

Worth considering for sure.

OF
Somebody told me about the D020 line of vaporizers. I think it might be @ataxian 's fault? A very inexpensive bubbler. If it breaks you're not out hundreds of dollars. It's through DHgate online. I think mine was $32.00. I have the D022 as well, it works better with the Enano.

Last edited:

steamfunk

Been vaping too much at work so decided to find a way to cut down. I vape because my job is easy and boring and it helps me combat my adhd induced burnout.
Instead of bringing my herb and Solo, I brought just 1 pre-packed stem in the solo 2. On break #1 I turned to 340 and took 2 solid rips. Effects are so nice in the lower doses down at that temp. Will stick with this more often.

My mom always told me that vaping less at work is the key to professional advancement. :brow:

jane621

Unapproved commercial account.
DXBBXmg.jpg

OMG:tup:I like this!

jane621,

CloudScion

Hey folks, iam an air user:) but i just want to know if i can just disassemble the solo II to change the battery (when it goes low in a few years).
I know that is possible with the solo 1, thats why i ask.
I am super happy with my air and dont know if i get a new vaporizer soon but when, the solo II is on my list.

Greetings and happy vaping:)

p.s.: i contacted Arizer and will post the Anwser here

Last edited:

CarolKing

Hey folks, iam an air user:) but i just want to know if i can just disassemble the solo II to change the battery (when it goes low in a few years).
I know that is possible with the solo 1, thats why i ask.
I am super happy with my air and dont know if i get a new vaporizer soon but when, the solo II is on my list.

Greetings and happy vaping:)
Contact Arizer and ask about the battery replacement for further down the line. Hopefully they have a plan. Please post any info you get from them. Curious minds want to know.

service@arizer.com'

Top Bottom