Arizer Solo II

Razhumikin

personally, If I had a company making stems, i wouldn't make one with no screening built in, because, sure as the sun shines, some dofus would inhale a lung full of hot weed and sue.... You might be able to use a diamond drill bit and ream out a stem.
Well, most stems for most devices dont use built in screens lol, and i dont think theres ever been a single lawsuit. Definitely dont want to try to drill out the screen, not worth inhaling glass bits or dust over a $5 stem. Just wondering if there was a good option out there in the size, as the glass screens are a terrible design choice imo, theyre overly restrictive and make cleaning a pain.

Pukka

Does anybody know where I could buy some solo stems that do not have a glass screen in them?
Planet Haze:

PhDHEGonG Turbo High Efficiency GonG for Arizer Air, AirII, Solo and SoloII

Once you get to their page they have multiple options, which never seem to be in stock. Unfortunately. Thinking about it, what you're looking for is a glass log stem (sans screen, you could use a cup screen). Epic's stems won't fit, I checked.

I am lucky enough to own a short bowl Turbo GonG, it's kinda nice with 1 small de-stemmed bud stuffed in and no screen.

Edit
Opps. I've dremeled out several short Solo stems for Terra glass stems. You just have to clean and then flush the bejesus out of the piece.

Razhumikin

Planet Haze:

PhDHEGonG Turbo High Efficiency GonG for Arizer Air, AirII, Solo and SoloII

Once you get to their page they have multiple options, which never seem to be in stock. Unfortunately. Thinking about it, what you're looking for is a glass log stem (sans screen, you could use a cup screen). Epic's stems won't fit, I checked.

I am lucky enough to own a short bowl Turbo GonG, it's kinda nice with 1 small de-stemmed bud stuffed in and no screen.

Edit
Opps. I've dremeled out several short Solo stems for Terra glass stems. You just have to clean and then flush the bejesus out of the piece.
Yea, the phDhegong has a glas screen in it. I just want a stem i can use with my Musa 510 without the annoying whistling sound the glass screen causes.

Razhumikin,

Petetbay

Does anybody know where I could buy some solo stems that do not have a glass screen in them?
I only knew of one place in Canada though they have not been in stock for a while, they make them themselves and I have ordered customized glass adapters from them so they might make them if requested as they do custom glass orders. Would probably be expensive if a custom order. The turbo adapters require mesh screens and have no glass screen, just a hole with a ridge to hold the screen.

The new store is:

The old store still operates:

Razhumikin

I only knew of one place in Canada though they have not been in stock for a while, they make them themselves and I have ordered customized glass adapters from them so they might make them if requested as they do custom glass orders. Would probably be expensive if a custom order. The turbo adapters require mesh screens and have no glass screen, just a hole with a ridge to hold the screen.

The new store is:

The old store still operates:

Yea that would have been perfect, too bad theyre all out of stock.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: Petetbay

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Yea, the phDhegong has a glas screen in it. I just want a stem i can use with my Musa 510 without the annoying whistling sound the glass screen causes.
Don’t know if it would work for your Musa, but I use one of the 3D Flow stems in my Solo2. It also fits perfectly in my Impcognito. I’ve never had any whistling when I use it with the Impcognito despite the glass screen. A short iso bath cleans it easily.

This one but I think I got it from 420edc not Sneaky https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/arizer-3d-flow-stem-for-solo-2-air-2?variant=12242472239185

Petetbay

Yea that would have been perfect, too bad theyre all out of stock.
You should contact them, they might make you one. I checked my stock and I actually have 3, though one is a Sneaky Pete vortex which has one hole and a multi size adapter 10/14/18 but it whistles and 14 and 18 Turbo adapters from Planet Vape with the large opening with the ridge, I don’t think I ever used them. Message me with a plan and I might part with them, but cross border shipping is problematic.

dekozn

My solo 2 arrived yesterday and I 'm honestly not so happy with it.
I have only used an original vapor genie and the alfa goboof years ago and both of them had way better airflow. With the solo 2 it's like sucking a golf ball true a garden hose. I think it's the glass filter in the stem.
I bought the solo 2 reading good reviews and decent airflow. But honestly the airflow feels restricted and the buttons feel cheap. The rest of the unit seems to be build like a tank though.

dekozn,
  • Sad
Reactions: Petetbay

Petetbay

I bought the solo 2 reading good reviews and decent airflow.
Don’t know the reviews you read, but if you read back through this thread people will discuss the restricted air flow with all portable Arizers, it is well known. You can work with it to get satisfactory extraction, maybe not cough producing huge clouds. Long slow draws with pauses to let the heater recover with good flavor at low temps, the Air Max is suppose to be a little better, but I haven’t tried one yet. Sorry you’re not liking the Solo 2. If you bought @ POTV you might be able to exchange or return for credit.

Adobewan

My solo 2 arrived yesterday and I 'm honestly not so happy with it.
I have only used an original vapor genie and the alfa goboof years ago and both of them had way better airflow. With the solo 2 it's like sucking a golf ball true a garden hose. I think it's the glass filter in the stem.
I bought the solo 2 reading good reviews and decent airflow. But honestly the airflow feels restricted and the buttons feel cheap. The rest of the unit seems to be build like a tank though.
Be sure not to pack your stem too tight. My OG Solo was instrumental in moving me to the vape side. Best of luck.

Robert-in-YEG

Be sure not to pack your stem too tight. My OG Solo was instrumental in moving me to the vape side. Best of luck.
And be patient. Once the vape hits the proper temperature, wait a bit.

How long is always a guess. It depends on the flower. If the flower is wet and sticky, it takes longer to cook. Learning to be more patient has been one of the lessons that is taking me a lifetime to learn.

Robert-in-YEG

Patience-is-a-Virtue_AdobeStock_304920347_small.jpeg

pop22

What Robert says applies to all convection vapes. You also can't pack them like you would a conduction vape. Pack your stems lightly, consider the first draw's purpose to be to heat the material in the stem. Second draw will be decent, third draw will be thick vapor. It's the nature of the beast. When you pack the stems tightly, air cannot move easily through the material, producing less vapor and increasing draw resistance.

I use mine every night at bed time, and have for over a year now. We use it through a bong and I can get hits that make me cough!

gangababa

I hope I can join the party even though I'm heating my stem in an OG Solo, fitted with the o-ring mod.

For those wondering what the Solo can do, with the fitted o-ring I can insert the stem such that the holes in the glass screen are even with the outside of the top cap (or even above). This is a good 7-8 mm from being fully seated in the heater; barely into the heater. Then, on seven (210C?) my Solo functions almost solely in convection mode. I get good vapor when I inhale, but none of the usual visible vapor at rest.

Robert-in-YEG

I hope I can join the party even though I'm heating my stem in an OG Solo, fitted with the o-ring mod.

For those wondering what the Solo can do, with the fitted o-ring I can insert the stem such that the holes in the glass screen are even with the outside of the top cap (or even above). This is a good 7-8 mm from being fully seated in the heater; barely into the heater. Then, on seven (210C?) my Solo functions almost solely in convection mode. I get good vapor when I inhale, but none of the usual visible vapor at rest.
That sounds interesting. Where does one get such a mod?

Thanks....

Robert-in-YEG

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: pop22

gangababa

That sounds interesting. Where does one get such a mod?
The old OG Solo thread has lots of words about 'fixes". Loose stems inspired this fix.
My mod is a red hi-heat silicone O-ring around the stem sandwiched between the cap and the Arizer heater gasket. I am using a 20 mm OD - 14 mm ID ring. Other Arizer gasket heights may vary and thus require a different O-ring. Once in place, the stem is easily inserted and removed and tight enough to not fall out. The O-ring doesn't move unless the cap is loosened.
It is this O-ring that enables adjustment of the stem above the bottomed out position.

Robert-in-YEG

The old OG Solo thread has lots of words about 'fixes". Loose stems inspired this fix.
My mod is a red hi-heat silicone O-ring around the stem sandwiched between the cap and the Arizer heater gasket. I am using a 20 mm OD - 14 mm ID ring. Other Arizer gasket heights may vary and thus require a different O-ring. Once in place, the stem is easily inserted and removed and tight enough to not fall out. The O-ring doesn't move unless the cap is loosened.
It is this O-ring that enables adjustment of the stem above the bottomed out position.
Thanks. I might try that.....

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: pop22

gangababa

If no one is here, I will leave a note on the door. Can't risk walking in unannounced and getting wasted.
Well, what to do. I have a lifetime of straight stems* for my original Solo but find myself getting more phlegm and cough that in the past.
I suppose I ought look for glass and water. It all seems like such as hassle to this native 'vaporizador.

Then the thought lit up, try this, so I did. The TM stem is simply fit over the Solo stem and does soften the direct hot vapor harshness.
Some but not all of my Solo stems will slide into the TM 16mm OD stems.
20230424-170419.jpg

*Preferred for their ease in cleaning. (TM/TM2 post link)

tryingtowin

Looking for some help.. I've had the solo2 for about 5years now.. it's been working good but the last year or so I've noticed when i load it up extraction seems to be kind of scortched tasting much quicker than usual and not producing longer term tasty vapor.. it seems as if the unit is running hotter than it tells me, I'm not sure if this is entire possible even though it displays the proper temp. I'm thinking its my flower but at the same time another vape is extracting properly while the solo 2 seems to burn through it a lot quicker and yes I've tried multiple tempa.. 375.. 400.. 420 etc.. has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks

tryingtowin,
Reactions: LeftBased

Dutch-Mic

The Air Max has been released, the Arizer Air SE will be released soon and which one have I ordered? Right, the Solo 2!

The ArGo learned me that I really like a good, relaxed, tasty session and none of my other (mostly butane) vaporizers offer that experience. For me a con of the ArGo is that the oven can be a bit difficult to reach for cleaning. The Solo 2 doesn’t have that problem at all.

Hopefully it will arrive soon!

Looking for some help.. I've had the solo2 for about 5years now.. it's been working good but the last year or so I've noticed when i load it up extraction seems to be kind of scortched tasting much quicker than usual and not producing longer term tasty vapor.. it seems as if the unit is running hotter than it tells me, I'm not sure if this is entire possible even though it displays the proper temp. I'm thinking its my flower but at the same time another vape is extracting properly while the solo 2 seems to burn through it a lot quicker and yes I've tried multiple tempa.. 375.. 400.. 420 etc.. has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks

I experienced something like that with another conduction vape. Sounds like it is defective and unfortunately I can’t offer any help to fix it. My solution would be to buy a new one.

Top Bottom