Arizer Solo II

Durbandream

Durbandream, thanks so much for recommending the screens! They work perfectly for my needs.
I recently stopped using the domed screens since I gave one a scrape and it seemed to be dusting metal. I bought a few more from different places and they all showed some dusting after being scraped so I ditched the SS filters entirely and now I just break off a very small piece of weed, squash it down like a pancake until it can lay flat and cover the four air holes, then load the ground herb like normal after that. It's been working out surprisingly well in case you want to try that method also.

DrJynx86

I have been using this kind of paper springs to help with flow and microdosing, check them out, very easy to make:

DrJynx86,
I recently stopped using the domed screens since I gave one a scrape and it seemed to be dusting metal. I bought a few more from different places and they all showed some dusting after being scraped so I ditched the SS filters entirely and now I just break off a very small piece of weed, squash it down like a pancake until it can lay flat and cover the four air holes, then load the ground herb like normal after that. It's been working out surprisingly well in case you want to try that method also.
I just checked mine and agitated and scraped them over a white piece of paper. Didn’t see any metal fines or other debris. I‘ve only pulled out three to use, but washed and burned them with a flame to hopefully sterilize them. I guess I got a good batch. 50 of them should last me forever as I plan to reuse them as much as they will allow.

Pantherburn,

Durbandream

I just checked mine and agitated and scraped them over a white piece of paper. Didn’t see any metal fines or other debris. I‘ve only pulled out three to use, but washed and burned them with a flame to hopefully sterilize them. I guess I got a good batch. 50 of them should last me forever as I plan to reuse them as much as they will allow.
I'm glad to hear yours are good, definitely hold onto them since the QC is pretty bad these days. I'm glad you're enjoying it though, it's a unique vape that gets you high in a different way than anything else I've encountered.

Durbandream,

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Mine just delivered yesterday. I haven't used them yet, or tried scraping them to check for dust yet. I will burn them first, then rinse like I do for all of my metal screens. The bag looked short, didn't look any where close to 50 screens. So I poured the bag onto a white paper plate to count. All there, just a lot of them tucked into each other. Not a speck of visible metal dust was on the paper plate, so hopefully a good sign that I got a good batch too. I saw that @GoldenBud mentioned that they should fit my BAKx stems for microdosing, so hopefully I can use for both vapes.

CanikUser19,

Friend Man

My Solo 2 gets used loads every day... it is starting to develop rust in the bowl/chamber

I also have a barely used Solo 2 that error'd shortly after I got it

Would I be able to switch the bowls do you think? If anyone has any experience doing this, how difficult is it?

Friend Man,

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
My Solo 2 gets used loads every day... it is starting to develop rust in the bowl/chamber

Would I be able to switch the bowls do you think? If anyone has any experience doing this, how difficult is it?

I opened mine up when I broke a stem in it and it’s not straightforward to replace that hardware. Not sure if the parts are even available for it as they’re all custom. You could try contacting Arizer, but I don’t think they’re in the business of doing repairs.

pop22

I've never used screens in mine. Never had an issue from not using them. I just pack the stem lightly with ground material. If I want less than a full load, I just stuff the stem with a small piece of bud.

Are you sure it's rust? Not resin build up? I've been using mine for 2 years. Also, I think the chamber is riveted and the rivets discolor, but i don't think they rust.

Friend Man

I've never used screens in mine. Never had an issue from not using them. I just pack the stem lightly with ground material. If I want less than a full load, I just stuff the stem with a small piece of bud.

Are you sure it's rust? Not resin build up? I've been using mine for 2 years. Also, I think the chamber is riveted and the rivets discolor, but i don't think they rust.
Nah same thing happened with my old Solo.... it's probably because I get it wet somewhere along the line, it goes everywhere with me. I can clear resin build up with iso but theres no shifting this stuff. Not sure how to post images or I would do so

Friend Man,
Reactions: pop22

lagartogt

Finally getting error 7 and shutting off inmediatly, I dissasemblied and cleaned it. no luck.

How can I fix it ? any tips ?

thanks

lagartogt,

Gigsabits53

So my trusty Solo II finally died. Where is the best place to get a new one in the US? Is Puff-it-up still a good vendor?

I have plenty of other vapes but I really miss the damned thing.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
There is a new updated Solo 2 Max coming out soon, but POTV is good retailer and the Solo 2 is running for $135 there.
Just got an email last night from Sneaky Pete about the updated version. Would definitely go that route if my Solo2 ever died. But it’s been a rock solid tank for years. Just pulled it out last night before bed, been sitting untouched for weeks, fully charged and ready to go to work as always.

CanikUser19,
Reactions: Petetbay

pop22

So my trusty Solo II finally died. Where is the best place to get a new one in the US? Is Puff-it-up still a good vendor?

I have plenty of other vapes but I really miss the damned thing.
puffitup sold out after the big crackdown on vapes. There are better places out there now. 420EDC has a nice bundle for the Solo II. The new Solo Max sounds nice but I don't see it as a compelling upgrade.

plexus

I took apart my Solo 2 to clean out the chamber for better airflow. I know how to do electronics repair. Mine uses a foam gasket around the display which I didn't know about until I took it apart. Unfortuantely the foam gasket bunched up as I slid the internal chassis out of the case and it ripped off U5 from the top of the circuit board. U5 is located to the left of the display. The chip was lost and I dont know what the part is.

I replaced the Solo 2 with another one. I took it apart to see waht U5 is so I can order it and repair my broken Solo 2. However in the new one they updated the board and it a has a different layout with no U5.

Just wonderingf if someone happens to have a broken, taken-apart Solo 2 and can look to see if they have a U5 and let me know what is printed on the chip? You may need a magifying lens because its very small. Thanks!

plexus,

Friend Man

I took apart my Solo 2 to clean out the chamber for better airflow. I know how to do electronics repair. Mine uses a foam gasket around the display which I didn't know about until I took it apart. Unfortuantely the foam gasket bunched up as I slid the internal chassis out of the case and it ripped off U5 from the top of the circuit board. U5 is located to the left of the display. The chip was lost and I dont know what the part is.

I replaced the Solo 2 with another one. I took it apart to see waht U5 is so I can order it and repair my broken Solo 2. However in the new one they updated the board and it a has a different layout with no U5.

Just wonderingf if someone happens to have a broken, taken-apart Solo 2 and can look to see if they have a U5 and let me know what is printed on the chip? You may need a magifying lens because its very small. Thanks!
if you let me know where to look and what to look for I might be able to help, I've got a busted solo 2 here I took apart a while ago, should have all the bits

Friend Man,

plexus

if you let me know where to look and what to look for I might be able to help, I've got a busted solo 2 here I took apart a while ago, should have all the bits
Great thanks! Looking at the board with the display facing you, U5 will be to the left of the display. its a very small recangular device with 5 pins, 3 on one side and 2 on the other. There will be a marking U5 on the board near it. If you dont have this you might have a different revision of the board. Buf if you do and can read any markings on the chip I might be able to source a replacement.

plexus,

Friend Man

Great thanks! Looking at the board with the display facing you, U5 will be to the left of the display. its a very small recangular device with 5 pins, 3 on one side and 2 on the other. There will be a marking U5 on the board near it. If you dont have this you might have a different revision of the board. Buf if you do and can read any markings on the chip I might be able to source a replacement.
https://ibb.co/rQ1cj1F (giving up trying to upload this to the post)

I can see the chip but there doesn't seem to be anything on it.... I've checked under overhead light with a magnifier. It might have been rubbed off?

plexus

https://ibb.co/rQ1cj1F (giving up trying to upload this to the post)

I can see the chip but there doesn't seem to be anything on it.... I've checked under overhead light with a magnifier. It might have been rubbed off?
Ok thanks for checking. that is indeed the missing chip! it may be the printing is faint or even not there. some manufacturers will remove the codee off chips to try and protect their design. but all the other chips in the solo2 are labelled so it may just be that this part doesn't have a printed code. sometimes adjusting the angle you are looking at the chip can reveal the code as well.

If someone has a dead Solo2 with U5 in that location and you want to sell it to me, send me a message. I don't want to pay a lot for it and ideally just get the board from you to keep shipping costs down.

Last edited:

plexus

@Friend Man When I zoom into your picture I can almost see there are 4 characters on that small chip. Any chance you can take another look, maybe rotate the board while looking because it might require a certain angle to see. thanks if you can!

plexus

I figured out macro mode, looks like AX16 :clap:
Awesome! That's it! Thanks for putting the work in. Now I have to source a replacement. The large chip is a MOSFET which likely is turning the heater on and off. I suspect the AX16 is a transistor pack to switch on the MOSFET but it could be anything. Unfortunately my initial attempts to find out what it is have failed. I'll keep searching... (the MOSFET was easy to find, in comparison, by searching the part number on it. Most chips are easy to cross reference if it has top marking but sometimes not...)

vaporent

Has anyone seen the new Solo II MAX from arizer? It's not for sale yet, but i'm thinking about it already. I love my XQ2....Solo II MAX will also be a beast....

vaporent,

pop22

Has anyone seen the new Solo II MAX from arizer? It's not for sale yet, but i'm thinking about it already. I love my XQ2....Solo II MAX will also be a beast....
If you already own a Solo II, the new Max is not enough of an improvement to make worthwhile. The biggest chance is it now uses 18650 batteries and USB-C charging, and a fancier screen. The batteries are still not "user replaceable". The Air Max might be a better value with the air being a bit more portable and has a replaceable battery. The Solo Max is also $100 more expensive than the Solo II.

Here is a very good review of the Max:
https://vapeguy.com/reviews/arizer-solo-2-max-review/

pop22,
Reactions: Petetbay
Top Bottom