Arizer Solo 3

RAMMSTEIN

If you want to work at high temps right from the start then yes, you'll need some good cooling to tame the vapor. I agree that higher temps will give you the stony effect you're looking for but it depends how fast you want to get there.

You can get there quickly by ripping the S3 at temps >200C but you'll probably have to go through water or a nice long dry pipe with lots of cooling bends and dimples if your lungs are sensitive.

If you're willing to take your time, you can still get the stony effect by temp stepping as others have pointed out. Your final destination may still be >200C but you can start at lower temps and take your time getting there. It should be easier on your throat, as well as being a tastier journey.

I personally have never found the need to go over 200C with flower. Just concentrates. But hey, to each his own and it's nice to know the power is there if you want it.
My problem is that I still have a high tolerance and need a certain high to not start using joints again.
I have smoked joints with tobacco for 28 years and I have only been vaping for 4 weeks.

I smoked 2-3 grams daily :)

Since I've been vaping, 1 gram is enough for me.
At first I started with Crafty+ but it wasn't enough for me and there was a big risk of rolling a joint again.
What saved me: Dynavap... Luckily I bought a Dynavao a few days after Crafty and so I was finally satisfied and high enough.
That's why I currently need high temperatures and enough to get high
I ordered Solo 3 as a supplement to Dynavap

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
My problem is that I still have a high tolerance and need a certain high to not start using joints again.
I have smoked joints with tobacco for 28 years and I have only been vaping for 4 weeks.

Since I've been vaping, 1 gram is enough for me.
At first I started with Crafty+ but it wasn't enough for me and there was a big risk of rolling a joint again.
What saved me: Dynavap... Luckily I bought a Dynavao a few days after Crafty and so I was finally satisfied and high enough.
That's why I currently need high temperatures and enough to get high
I ordered Solo 3 as a supplement to Dynavap
With the right cooling you can use the full temperature range of the Solo. I think you'll find the high you're looking for 🙂.

RAMMSTEIN

I currently have a small bong.
But it helps me with Dynavap.

When I used Dynavap to heat up a high temperature, my lungs hurt for 30 minutes afterwards. It irritates the lungs.
The solution was that I quickly bought a small bong here and it helps me with Dynavap.
But because of the cooling... I'm currently looking into replacing my little bong with a better one with better cooling...which is optimal for a vaporizer

Nevertheless, I think a nuclear power bong for 200 euros is too expensive :)
I haven't smoked a bong for 15 years and wasn't a fan of it because I find smoking a joint more discreet... A bong like that just looks weird...

But it helps me a lot when vaping...

RAMMSTEIN,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

When I used Dynavap to heat up a high temperature, my lungs hurt for 30 minutes afterwards. It irritates the lungs.
The solution was that I quickly bought a small bong here and it helps me with Dynavap.
But because of the cooling... I'm currently looking into replacing my little bong with a better one with better cooling...which is optimal for a vaporizer

I haven't smoked a bong for 15 years and wasn't a fan of it because I find smoking a joint more discreet... A bong like that just looks weird...

You won't need to spend 200 euro to find a cooling solution. I myself use no water, just a small dry glass pipe (sherlock) connected to the Solo's WPA and I find the cooling great. You can also find small bubblers and little water pieces if you want to be more discreet. Have a look some more in this thread.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I don't think Solo, or likely any really, are going to solve this problem for you... Also cooling is not that simple as just a bong yeah, I would recommend looking at some of the options recommended here, in the glass threads, and within Ask FC... Hopefully you can find a setup that will work well for you without too much trial and error!

RAMMSTEIN

I don't have any problems :) I'm glad I found Dynavap, because without it I would have a problem
I've also felt significantly better since I stopped taking tobacco, and that alone is a motivation not to smoke joints.
And I was able to solve the problem of scratchy lungs with my little bong.
I'll look around and see if I can optimize anything.
Because I think Solo 3 will have hard steam from 200 degrees.

PrematureEvaporation

Yeah I don't think Solo, or likely any really, are going to solve this problem for you... Also cooling is not that simple as just a bong yeah, I would recommend looking at some of the options recommended here, in the glass threads, and within Ask FC... Hopefully you can find a setup that will work well for you without too much trial and error!
I disagree with this, specifically the “Solo or likely any really” being unable to solve the problem of having a high tolerance and needing a certain high before you can switch over full time.

I’m from a similar combusting and tolerance background to @RAMMSTEIN and you can absolutely make the switch to vaping full time with the right device. I went from combusting an 8th in a couple days to it lasting a whole week and getting just as intense effects in body and mind.

All about getting the correct pairing of device and the person, very subjective which is what can make it difficult. Some might need to try a few different ones before they find what they need for their situation and tastes, and some get it right first go :tup:

Last edited:

eyevape

👀
Anyone using the on demand mode? And why? I can’t figure out a useful scenario other than removing the stem afterwards to have the next hit somewhat later.

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

Anyone using the on demand mode? And why? I can’t figure out a useful scenario other than removing the stem afterwards to have the next hit somewhat later.
Personally I’ve yet to find a setup with it that offers any unique utility to me. It’s sort of in a “one foot in one foot out” situation between being a session and actually on demand. It’s sort of a fun novelty to me but I wouldn’t miss it if the S3 was session only either

IMO if it had access to more heater power than session mode it would offer enough utility to truly be distinct. Right now it’s not on demand enough to beat out the actual on demands I have, and the session mode obviously does session style better.

Others seem to use it though, so there’s obviously some valid uses for it

eyevape

👀
@PrematureEvaporation Thanks, that matches pretty much with my thoughts. I’d love to disable the on demand mode, so it would be going into session right after the welcome screen.

@pop22 Yes, I’ve seen people using it like that, ignoring the draw time as conduction heat doesn’t stop immediately. But I can do the same thing in session mode (and I do), so I don’t really see the use. Also I don’t think this will save a lot of battery, unless you can clear a bowl with one heat up. Otherwise bringing it back to temperature repeatedly may cost more energy than keeping one level.

Shit Snacks

I don't have any problems :) I'm glad I found Dynavap, because without it I would have a problem
I've also felt significantly better since I stopped taking tobacco, and that alone is a motivation not to smoke joints.
And I was able to solve the problem of scratchy lungs with my little bong.
I'll look around and see if I can optimize anything.
Because I think Solo 3 will have hard steam from 200 degrees.

Sorry, I was just literally responding to what you said, that you had a problem... Specifically I was referring to attempting to replicate or satisfy desired effects from smoking joints let alone smoking them with tobacco... As you know there are certain things you just would not be able to achieve in the same way, and that could be better, just I've seen people with these goals and expectations that are often let down by every vape since nothing can actually solve the problem of being addicted to whatever tobacco or smoke effects? Though it could help!

I disagree with this, specifically the “Solo or likely any really” being unable to solve the problem of having a high tolerance and needing a certain high before you can switch over full time.

That wasn't the precise problem I was referring to, as I explain above, not high tolerance, but if someone is trying to replicate that specific experience, I'm just saying many people who try to do that are often disappointed with vapes like these... I just wanted to share that perspective to balance expectations, but of course this is someone who has vape experience generally already, so I was just replying to what was said explicitly.

I’m from a similar combusting and tolerance background to @RAMMSTEIN and you can absolutely make the switch to vaping full time with the right device. I went from combusting an 8th in a couple days to it lasting a whole week and getting just as intense effects in body and mind.

All about getting the correct pairing of device and the person, very subjective which is what can make it difficult. Some might need to try a few different ones before they find what they need for their situation and tastes, and some get it right first go :tup:

Yes of course someone can make the transition, again I just wanted to point out the mention of a problem trying to reach the effects of joints mixed with tobacco heavily smoked, I don't think that perspective is very conducive to making the transition successfully? Hypothetically

One hitters, smaller load, depending on the temp and time setting, through water, fully clearing heat and vapor so the stem does not have to be removed (however as I've said previously, I now have a 18 mm WPA made by GVB that is slightly loose-fitting with a horn handle, so it is amazing for being able to remove the solo to clear hits using on demand or session mode as well through a hook)

seems to me, on demand mode is for those who enjoy, big, lung busting clouds... I'll pass lol!

They don't have to be lung busting, to be a solid one hitter, perhaps it takes some technique, but with my temp setting low and my time setting low, it can be pretty smooth and satisfying quickly... It is just faster, higher temp, so if I want truly low temp dry experience milking a bowl then of course I will stick to session running even lower longer (and I won't even temp step very high)

@PrematureEvaporation Thanks, that matches pretty much with my thoughts. I’d love to disable the on demand mode, so it would be going into session right after the welcome screen.

Yeah it is kind of annoying that it doesn't just remember where you were previously, so you can then switch after the fact? Instead of making you choose each time starting up...

@pop22 Yes, I’ve seen people using it like that, ignoring the draw time as conduction heat doesn’t stop immediately. But I can do the same thing in session mode (and I do), so I don’t really see the use. Also I don’t think this will save a lot of battery, unless you can clear a bowl with one heat up. Otherwise bringing it back to temperature repeatedly may cost more energy than keeping one level.

It is faster, if I am just using on demand a lot, this way, is actually extremely battery efficient too... I have the timer set low because of the conduction build, 10 seconds, and I usually use the lowest setting or the next one up, rarely will I even use the middle setting for one hitter through water... I keep drawing after it shuts off, in fact I often do not even start drawing until it stops heating, because the residual heat and conduction is so effective... It is nice to do back-to-back one hitters, the more you do yes it could take battery, but not that much, I think that is better than just keeping it running in session at a higher temp to try to do the same?

S3 is extremely versatile to use a variety of different ways, including these, and more honestly... On demand mode just gives you much more control over everything for different type of uses and experiences

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
On demand mode just gives you much more control over everything for different type of uses and experiences
For me personally a real vape "session" can only be a session when it's on demand if that makes sense?

I can't stand it when a vaporizer is producing vapor (cooking my weed) when i'm not toking on it. It makes me nervous tbh, like i feel the need to hit it when it's pouring out clouds on its own...
Not because of the waste, just because it makes me nervous at a time i want to chill out!

Used to smoke joints so could just decide at the moment to finish the joint or to put it aside for later and i still kinda think that way i guess.

So when i start "a session" usually i'm not sure yet if i will finish the bowl in one minute or in one hour, i like to decide that after i hit it so any "session mode device" that keeps the heat on sorta forces me to decide in the front how i will vape my bowl(s) and i can't stand that.

But still: i do consider myself a true session vaper!
My session being "the day" :brow:
And i'll decide if, when or what i hit at my pace!
This reasoning is one of the things that made me decide the Solo 3 is not for me. Although it does seem interesting and pretty good, even tempting somehow but i have to tell myself it doesn't fit my usage style.
For me the day is my session and the TM2 is my session vape: i turn it on when i wake up and doesn't go off before i go to sleep (or to change the battery)!
i just loooooove that standby mode! Couldn't go without tbh!
Session = always having access to clouds, one click on demand, in less then 15 seconds!
I don't think the solo 3 can offer that kinda session?

PrematureEvaporation

Yes of course someone can make the transition, again I just wanted to point out the mention of a problem trying to reach the effects of joints mixed with tobacco heavily smoked, I don't think that perspective is very conducive to making the transition successfully? Hypothetically

Oh I see what you mean now! That makes more sense. Yes the tobacco adds an extra layer to the problem for sure.

Here in the UK we smoke spliffs (weed and tobacco mixed) and my experience (12 year now ex heavy smoker) is that I can feel similar effects with certain conduction/hybrids. The main thing the tobacco gives is an initial rush which a good vape can seem to do IME. I’ve managed to leave behind both tobacco and combustion.

I mean we all perceive the effects of cannabis and nicotine with some degree of subjectivity, so even though that is my experience I’m sure others will be different in that respect

Garybuchanen

Does it have to be portable?

Garybuchanen,

Shit Snacks

This reasoning is one of the things that made me decide the Solo 3 is not for me. Although it does seem interesting and pretty good, even tempting somehow but i have to tell myself it doesn't fit my usage style.
For me the day is my session and the TM2 is my session vape: i turn it on when i wake up and doesn't go off before i go to sleep (or to change the battery)!
Session = always having access to clouds, one click on demand, in less then 15 seconds!

It is definitely more session oriented, yes the on-demand mode is just more customizing smaller sessions, but it can also help you maximize more convection faster, compared to the standard slow conduction arizer tech... So I feel the same and much prefer my pure convection on demand vapes personally, however S3 has become very valuable if I am going to share with someone else actually... I mean I don't have that much test experience as this is not common for me anymore, but it is simpler and effective that way. However when I first got it I was using only it, and it could keep up with me, it is not instant as most are not, but it is pretty quick, with the on-demand mode, 15 seconds could be enough potentially...

I mean we all perceive the effects of cannabis and nicotine with some degree of subjectivity, so even though that is my experience I’m sure others will be different in that respect

Yes of course, we are all different and there are so many variables, UK perspective is another difference of course, yeah the spliff culture, just wanted to include it all! Personally I don't do anything with nicotine, back in the day when I have shared spliffs, I did not like it and I'm a little honestly disgusted with myself that I ever puffed it lol eventually started rolling my own pure joints in those situations, although I haven't looked back at any of this in quite some while as I've been vaping for over 10 years now)

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D 5 +
Honestly, I haven't had the down time needed to explore the full potential of the S3 in it's many, many possible configurations. However have used the on demand mode on minimum settings and simply pulled out the stem while hitting to repeat through out the day on a single bowl. Looking forward to less demanding requirements on my attention.

Agree with Shit Snacks statement below and interested if anyone has discovered another portable with the versatility of the S3?
S3 is extremely versatile to use a variety of different ways, including these, and more honestly... On demand mode just gives you much more control over everything for different type of uses and experiences

PrematureEvaporation

Yes of course, we are all different and there are so many variables, UK perspective is another difference of course, yeah the spliff culture, just wanted to include it all! Personally I don't do anything with nicotine, back in the day when I have shared spliffs, I did not like it and I'm a little honestly disgusted with myself that I ever puffed it lol eventually started rolling my own pure joints in those situations, although I haven't looked back at any of this in quite some while as I've been vaping for over 10 years now)

It’s funny you say that as I recently smoked a spliff with a friend that still combusts. It was disgusting.. tastes like how an ash tray smells. I guess when it was all I knew I had no other reference point to compare taste wise, but as soon as I did I think it was certainly another point of what converted me full time.

My friends puff on those awful lost Mary disposable nicotine vapes though and I’ll occasionally take a few drags in a moment of weakness. The nicotine rush is nice occasionally for old times sake

Agree with Shit Snacks statement below and interested if anyone has discovered another portable with the versatility of the S3?

I always say it but the TA. Draw speed, heating bowl and/or convection heater, timing of heat application to which areas, intensity of heat, all of these variables can be manipulated to give all manner of experiences. That’s before you even mention rebuilding the heater with different materials/mixes/cuts/sizes.

Last edited:

pop22

For me personally a real vape "session" can only be a session when it's on demand if that makes sense?

I can't stand it when a vaporizer is producing vapor (cooking my weed) when i'm not toking on it. It makes me nervous tbh, like i feel the need to hit it when it's pouring out clouds on its own...
Not because of the waste, just because it makes me nervous at a time i want to chill out!

Used to smoke joints so could just decide at the moment to finish the joint or to put it aside for later and i still kinda think that way i guess.

So when i start "a session" usually i'm not sure yet if i will finish the bowl in one minute or in one hour, i like to decide that after i hit it so any "session mode device" that keeps the heat on sorta forces me to decide in the front how i will vape my bowl(s) and i can't stand that.

But still: i do consider myself a true session vaper!
My session being "the day" :brow:
And i'll decide if, when or what i hit at my pace!
Actually, the S3 can not only do what you prefer, it has another advantage, you can remove the stem, thus no unwanted vapor! And you can preload multiple stems. And it heats up rapidly, I timed mine to 16 seconds from the moment I selected the mode ( session ) I prefer.
Not as portable as the TM2, and doesn't have removable battery. As a member with serious VAS... I could easily replace all my other ( many ) vapes with a Solo, but that would be no fun! :brow:

Shit Snacks

Yeah actually there are many, in different ways, but I'd say there are a lot of other versatile options, within electric on demand in particular, more so convection and hybrid, but even some more conduction... too off topic to list them all here, but it could be a good post for Ask FC, to request examples of so-called versatile vapes (answers of course dependent on the individual perspectives and experience)

Compared to like the standard classic mainstream style, session conduction hybrid oriented etc. I would say Solo 3 probably is by far the most versatile then...? but there are still a few others with some crossover in this category depending on variables

RAMMSTEIN

Hi,

My Arizer Solo 3 finally arrived today and I have a few questions:

1. It smells very much like plastic.. I've been running the chamber at maximum power for 30 minutes.. but the smell is still there.. Should I heat it longer?

2. The plastic cap...can you put it on after use? I'm worried because it's plastic

3. There are a few sieves... where is the best place to put them? in a chamber or on a stick?
thx

RAMMSTEIN,
Top Bottom