Arizer Solo 3

eyevape

👀
The Arizer community just gained a new fanboy 🙋‍♂️ After a very informative conversation with @PrematureEvaporation I pulled the trigger on a Solo 3. It has arrived today, I did some quick testing and then took it to the bar. My friends and me had three different strains from which we vaped whole buds at 220C. Man… we’re all high tolerance stoners, but we got wasted in no time.

Now back home I tried a whole nug at 180C which I also really liked. I love that I can either stretch my session over enough time to chill, or just kill a bowl dark brown in 2 minutes. Effects are great either way, flavor decreases with higher temps obviously. Still good though.

I kind of skipped the packing learning curve as the whole nug thing turned out to work so great. I can push in the material hard and still maintain a good airflow. This is so much more convenient than carrying a grinder and mess with ground herb, trying not to clog up the tiny holes. Loading the stem can literally be done on the go, standing upright with no table, while talking to people. Extraction is thorough and even, even with dense buds and without cracking and stirring them.

First impression: The Solo 3 ist just easy, period. Using it today with no experience, in a bad lighting situation, with different herb moistures, at indoor and outdoor temperatures - it just fucking delivered, no matter what. Dark even roast and heavy effects without any effort at all. Sip it, rip it, do both, it doesn’t matter. I’m blown away really from this first night out with my new Solo 3. What a lovely beast 🥰

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The Arizer community just gained a new fanboy 🙋‍♂️ After a very informative conversation with @PrematureEvaporation I pulled the trigger on a Solo 3. It has arrived today, I did some quick testing and then took it to the bar. My friends and me had three different strains from which we vaped whole buds at 220C. Man… we’re all high tolerance stoners, but we got wasted in no time.

Now back home I tried a whole nug at 180C which I also really liked. I love that I can either stretch my session over enough time to chill, or just kill a bowl dark brown in 2 minutes. Effects are great either way, flavor decreases with higher temps obviously. Still good though.

I kind of skipped the packing learning curve as the whole nug thing turned out to work so great. I can push in the material hard and still maintain a good airflow. This is so much more convenient than carrying a grinder and mess with ground herb, trying not to clog up the tiny holes. Loading the stem can literally be done on the go, standing upright with no table, while talking to people. Extraction is thorough and even, even with dense buds and without cracking and stirring them.

First impression: The Solo 3 ist just easy, period. Using it today with no experience, in a bad lighting situation, with different herb moistures, at indoor and outdoor temperatures - it just fucking delivered, no matter what. Dark even roast and heavy effects without any effort at all. Sip it, rip it, do both, it doesn’t matter. I’m blown away really from this first night out with my new Solo 3. What a lovely beast 🥰

Welcome to the club!

I completely agree about the versatility of the S3. It's lovely to be able to jam little nug-lets into a stem without grinding and still get a perfect roast with great flavor.

PrematureEvaporation

Nice to see you in here @eyevape and enjoying your new Solo 3! Its such a great device and it’s always good to see more people joining the club and realising that.

There’s a really good vibe in this thread and plenty of useful information from other users that has been incredibly helpful to me

If you want to upgrade the experience even further I’d recommend you check out Aliexpress, they’ve got some brilliant Arizer stems for cheap. Plenty of different options.

Enjoy!

eyevape

👀
Can’t be happier to be part of the club 😊 Wake n bake today with the S3 has been great. Shockingly I didn’t reach for one of my Vestratto products yesterday and still today I didn’t yet.

Usually I vape 1-2 bowls with the device I want at the moment and then finishing my session with the Anvil. Or use Vestratto stuff right away, as these are the only devices that fully satisfy me and don’t make me reach for more for some time.

Turns out the S3 can do the same, which makes it my first electric vape being able to do so. The Venty is also in the zone of that, but it doesn’t hit as hard and quick. I’m impressed! Conduction is such a great thing, I don’t get why this isn’t mentioned more often.

@PrematureEvaporation I started to look for accessories right away, turns out there’s almost nothing to be found in Germany, except the stuff that it’s already equipped with. But I found myself not really needing anything, except some spare standard stems for cleaning cycle convenience and backup. I also found myself needing no cooling at all. Since I stopped smoking, my baby lungs turned to leather lungs over night. But if you have a specific recommendation, I’d love to know.

Zirconia stems would accumulate too much heat, resulting in hot lips, that’s why something like that is nowhere to be found - right?

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

Can’t be happier to be part of the club 😊 Wake n bake today with the S3 has been great. Shockingly I didn’t reach for one of my Vestratto products yesterday and still today I didn’t yet.

Usually I vape one bowl with device I want at the moment and then finishing my session with the Anvil. Or use Vestratto stuff right away, as these are the only devices that fully satisfy me and don’t make me reach for more for some time.

Turns out the S3 can do the same, which makes it my first electric vape being able to do so. The Venty is also in the zone of that, but it doesn’t hit as hard and quick. I’m impressed! Conduction is such a great thing, I don’t get why this isn’t mentioned more often.

@PrematureEvaporation I started to look for accessories right away, turns out there’s almost nothing to be found in Germany, except the stuff that it’s already equipped with. But I found myself not really needing anything, except some spare standard stems for cleaning cycle convenience and backup. I also found myself needing no cooling at all. Since I stopped smoking, my baby lungs turned to leather lungs over night. But if you have a specific recommendation, I’d love to know.

Zirconia stems would accumulate too much heat, resulting in hot lips, that’s why something like that is nowhere to be found - right?

The Solo 3 definitely has that same satisfaction as a Vestratto product, the fact it’s also so effortless and automatic in comparison makes it a lot more laid back too. Really reminds me of smoking a joint, which was my preferred method before vaping

That’s a shame you can’t find any stems over there! I know with Aliexpress it’s worldwide shipping for cheap, I think it cost me around £10 including shipping for two stems off there that arrived within 7 days. But if you don’t feel the need to get any extras then you may as well save your money! Arizer stem and WPA VAS is certainly a thing ;)

Funny you mention the Zic stems, I actually mentioned it in Inverted’s thread last night. I think the cost of producing them relative to the demand has them on the back burner for now. Seems he’s mainly putting his energy into making a portable that puts his brand on the map, I wish him the best of luck with it

PrematureEvaporation

I find the Anvil and S3 very close in terms of extraction and signature, they both leave me in a similar place at similar dose sizes.

The Anvil just gets you there slightly faster IMO. Solo 3 beats it black and blue in a flavour battle though.

Admittedly I’ve not been near an Anvil for a couple months as it’s with someone else, perhaps someone with both to hand can side by side it and give a more detailed comparison.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
from my brief experience with the S3, I don't know how anyone's lungs could take more!
Totally agree. I don't own an Anvil but the S3 is the most powerful portable vape I own. By far. It can actually compete with the desktops I have.

I temp-step an XL bowl (0.3 ish grams) from 328F->358F->378F and it's dense clouds for days during a 10 minute session. The hits at 328F aren't super dense at that temp but they're tasty af.

I've tried starting an XL bowl at 378F and you can almost choke on the clouds. It's the closest thing I've found to smoking a massive blunt. The vapor just pours out of it. I don't know what it would be like to try and slam an entire XL bowl at 400F or something but I don't wanna find out 😆. I'm pretty certain you could do a one hit extraction if your lungs are made of steel and you're so inclined but I love puffing on it for a long sesh.

Imo it doesn't, not as potent or cloudy.
Fun fact. The S3 and the Anvil are both made by Canadian companies with a long history for great vapes. Yay Canada! 😁

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

I sold my S3 after 3 weeks, I found the vapor not very thick or potent it just didn't satisfy me...I'm starting to think I may have had a weak heater in my S3 or summit, I may have to try another!!
I would say this is likely the case, something I could never say about mine is that the vapour lacks density or potency.

She’s thick and satisfying, just how I like it ;)

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I've tried starting an XL bowl at 378F and you can almost choke on the clouds. It's the closest thing I've found to smoking a massive blunt. The vapor just pours out of it. I don't know what it would be like to try and slam an entire XL bowl at 400F or something but I don't wanna find out 😆. I'm pretty certain you could do a one hit extraction if your lungs are made of steel and you're so inclined but I love puffing on it for a long sesh.
I don't think you can do a one hit extraction , imho . I load the XL and do 420 @ 20 seconds , and there is no way I clear it :D , I'm still trying :lol:, I've never had a portable that hits so hard :tup:.

pop22

I sold my S3 after 3 weeks, I found the vapor not very thick or potent it just didn't satisfy me and i was using it at max temp...I'm starting to think I may have had a weak heater in my S3 or summit, I may have to try another!!
I was going to say, sounds like it has issues. Mine was the opposite, even turned down to 345F it made big clouds, enough to make me cough! Maybe we can both get one that lands in the middle...lol!

Rodney

Guys my stems from AliExpress arrived this morning and been using the dimpled stem all day and it is really decent. Also I bought 4 dosing caps that I will likely never use.

I removed the links to save the mods time as seen in other thread that they get removed but below are the names of the 2 retailers I used on AliExpress

AKIMID Store
420 Store

If anyone needs exact links I can message them so let me know.

£35/$33 this all cost me and half that money was the dosing caps and delivery.

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

Guys my stems from AliExpress arrived this morning and been using the dimpled stem all day and it is really decent. Also I bought 4 dosing caps that I will likely never use.

£35/$33 this all cost me and half that money was the dosing caps and delivery.
Jesus Christ that’s a haul. What size are the straight dimpled ones up top? I have the same ones in 90mm, fit perfectly in the smell proof tube the stock stems came in. They’re awesome for catching stray weed particles once they get a bit sticky from a few bowls. Good cooling too, not great but good.

@kimura

I agree. It’s got the clean flavour profile of my TA3 whilst also having the heavy effects of my Anvil. Kind of made the two somewhat redundant!

Rodney

Jesus Christ that’s a haul. What size are the straight dimpled ones up top? I have the same ones in 90mm, fit perfectly in the smell proof tube the stock stems came in. They’re awesome for catching stray weed particles once they get a bit sticky from a few bowls. Good cooling too, not great but good.

@kimura

I agree. It’s got the clean flavour profile of my TA3 whilst also having the heavy effects of my Anvil. Kind of made the two somewhat redundant!

The dimpled stem is about 2.5cm bigger than the original stem. is really really decent.

eyevape

👀
The Solo 3 definitely has that same satisfaction as a Vestratto product, the fact it’s also so effortless and automatic in comparison makes it a lot more laid back too. Really reminds me of smoking a joint, which was my preferred method before vaping
This. Exactly.

That’s a shame you can’t find any stems over there! (...) But if you don’t feel the need to get any extras then you may as well save your money! Arizer stem and WPA VAS is certainly a thing ;)
The lack of finding and/or needing something doesn’t stop from VAS 😄 Found the original stem in 70, 90 and 110mm as well as the bent version at verdampftnochmal.de. I also went to smoke6.com and got straight and curved dimpled stems, pretty similar to those bought by @Rodney. I also found these two to look very promising.

Funny you mention the Zic stems, I actually mentioned it in Inverted’s thread last night. I think the cost of producing them relative to the demand has them on the back burner for now.
Thanks for this insight. I’m totally fine with Glass fine function wise, I’m just afraid of breaking it and eventually cutting myself. Hopefully the S3 will become more mainstream, so the demand can justify higher production costs.

Last edited:

PrematureEvaporation

This. Exactly.

The lack of finding and/or needing something doesn’t stop from VAS 😄 Found the original stem in 70, 90 and 110mm as well as the bent version at verdampftnochmal.de. I also went to smoke6.com and got straight and curved dimple stems, pretty similar to those bought by @Rodney. I also found these two to look very promising.

Thanks for this insight. I’m totally fine with Glass fine function wise, I’m just afraid of breaking it and eventually cutting myself. Hopefully the S3 will become more mainstream, so the demand can justify higher production costs.
I’ve heard good things about those longer dimpled ones you've linked. The one with the curved mouthpiece will cool better than the straight one. The straight will have slightly better flavour

The only thing I’d recommend against is getting any of those bubbler stems that take water if you come across those, they’re really not good. Can’t turn them upside down to load without making a big mess and they’re just an accident waiting to happen in general

Don’t worry too much about breaking the glass! Not that I’d recommend trying it, but they’re surprisingly tough on a drop. I don’t think they have enough mass to really hit the ground with much force. I still want Zirc for the peace of mind and slick all black look though

Top Bottom