• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ATLelbow

Whenever I pack the stem, some of the herb clings to the outside like it's held there by static electricity. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?
It happens to me too. May be a result of slight residue build up on outside of stem.

I can attest to the thick cl0udage this produces. I do the exact same thing, cut bowl size in half, pack a little tighter. The smaller size load last for at least one 15 minute session (or maybe two tens, three sevens, or whatever I'm in the mood for). The performance is a game changer, and I'm surprised Arizer doesn't include these. I always have lots on hand, but ironically, they rarely need to be changed, or even cleaned.
Yeah it makes a world of difference stuffing a screen in the stem. I use less material and also never have to clean screen. Get bigger clouds and just as many draws just about as if I filled the thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Argo on the Go in San Jose del Cabo
IMG-0810.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The tube is just inner-diameter-1/2 inch silicone tubing I had hanging around. Yes, I like a little distance from stem to mouth. Whether it cools it, I don't know. I do have a bubbler that mates with it for smoother hits.

Last edited:

ATLelbow

The tube is just inner-diameter-1/2 inch silicone tubing I had hanging around. Yes, I like a little distance from stem to mouth. Whether it cools it, I don't know. I do have a bubbler that mates with it for cooler hits.
I can dig it. I think I shall be doing something similar. Thanks for the information.

ATLelbow,

OF

Argo on the Go in San Jose del Cabo
IMG-0810.jpg

I know it's a personal thing but IMO that whip looks mighty new...... Like the armature we know you're not?

Then again, maybe you're under cover, trying to blend in with the natives? If not, get to it Bill, we wanna see some mileage on that rig, lest we consider it a prop?

Where can I get that stem? Does it give bigger draws or is it more to cool down the vapor ?

Cooler. And more convenient sometimes. Bigger draws are up to you. ArGo will deliver, but is best 'sipped'.
The tube is just inner-diameter-1/2 inch silicone tubing I had hanging around. Yes, I like a little distance from stem to mouth. Whether it cools it, I don't know. I do have a bubbler that mates with it for cooler hits.

Like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Tubing-Foot-Piece-D/dp/B00DYAFISC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1NVMT7I47QLWK&keywords=1/2+inch+id+silicone+tubing&qid=1580921175&sprefix=1/2+inch+id+,aps,212&sr=8-4

A key spec is the high temperature (500F) part, not all such tube is so rated.

Bubblers, especially smaller ones, give only modest cooling IMO, more from the longer vapor path (and extra time to cool) than the modest contact with the water. But, that contact goes a long way to adding water vapor back into the deal, which many of us find useful.

Regards to all.

OF

Kurtdigglur

Long draws
@macbill The short area for a mouthpiece the stock tubes leave you are very unsatisfying IMO. Probably more mind tricks than anything but I feel like I get better vapor pills with a longer stems for the mouthpiece. Either stems though one of my favorite ultras portables atm.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Yes, I decided I needed to snip a new extension for the trip. It's a little too long for my taste but folds up nicely in your pocket. I'll toss it on my way back. I try not to bring product back from Mexico: I don't need the grief.

Yes, your tubing link is probably where I got it. It was years ago. I think it was "food safe", too. I know I said "cooler", but I meant "smoother". And I like hot tap water, too, in my bubbler occasionally for humid, soothing hits.

But it is all good: be creative - try all ways.....

Last edited:
macbill,
Reactions: OF

Arbornaut

Anyone know if the Samsung 30Q 3000mah 18650s are safe to use in the ArGo at all? I know the Panasonic 18650 it comes with has specific stats best suited for the ArGo, but I have no idea what they are. I'm okay with the ArGo potentially draining the battery faster, or having a slightly slower heat up - I just do not want to have a dangerous situation on my hands, or potentially damage my ArGo.

Is this a better safe than sorry kind of thing, and I should definitely stick to the Arizer batteries? I already have a bunch of 30Qs so I wish I could use them, that's all.

Thanks for any help!

Arbornaut,
Reactions: OF

ATLelbow

Anyone know if the Samsung 30Q 3000mah 18650s are safe to use in the ArGo at all? I know the Panasonic 18650 it comes with has specific stats best suited for the ArGo, but I have no idea what they are. I'm okay with the ArGo potentially draining the battery faster, or having a slightly slower heat up - I just do not want to have a dangerous situation on my hands, or potentially damage my ArGo.

Is this a better safe than sorry kind of thing, and I should definitely stick to the Arizer batteries? I already have a bunch of 30Qs so I wish I could use them, that's all.

Thanks for any help!
I use the factory battery it came with and then I ordered an extra from vapor.com. They sent me a generic 2750mah one instead of the factory one. I use it and have had no issues. Just runs out of charge a session quicker. Have not noticed any issues with actual Argo as a result of using generic.

ATLelbow,

Dan B

Thanks for any help!
As long as the battery has at least the same amps as the stock one (6.8A) you should be fine.

Arbornaut

As long as the battery has at least the same amps as the stock one (6.8A) you should be fine.

Thanks! The 30Qs are 15a, so definitely not the same. Or do you mean they need to be atleast 6.8a or more?

Arbornaut,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello gentlemen!

Here to say that my Argo unit has been consistently rocking for one year now. I broke one mouthpiece but besides that zero issues.

It is my #1 vaporizer on the go, no other unit I have tried can beat the vapor/battery/discreteness proportions this vape gives!

While I still prefer a full pack in terms of vapor production, I have made micro loads this past week in the coffee break. This device works wonders that way too: Fill 1/3 or 1/4 of the stem, set it at max temp and you will get 4 or 5 really decent clouds!!

My unit has a lot of usage and I can still feel a very faint plastic taste when using it. I am not extremely sensitive to foreign taste but got a Flowermate Cap a few weeks ago and I felt a plastic taste, the same one that I still find very subtly in the Argo (Wasn´t PEEK tasteless??) I taste the same flower and the same stem on my Woodscents log vape and that plastic taste dissapears. Can any of you notice it?

AlexT2

Hello friends, my Pax2 is dying little by little, the temperature sensor said enough, and I'm looking for a substitute.
After much reading there are two strong candidates, Arizer Argo, and Davinci Miqro.
Win the Argo by the heating system, I would like to try a different system from the Pax, I had a Volcano for many years and I still remember the rich flavor, I know it can not be the same clear, but something will seem like it.
From the Miqro I read very good reviews, the price is irresistible right now, and the weak point is the battery, but buying several is easily solved.
I am not a regular consumer, and Pax2 gave me plenty, and although I really like that model, it is already the second one that breaks down in the same place, the happy temperature sensor, and I want to try other options.
Im sorry for my bad english.

AlexT2,
Reactions: macbill

OF

Thanks for any help!

As said above, it should work out fine.....with a small sacrifice in capacity (use between charges). In broad terms makers (and there are really only four....) trade capacity (mAh rating) off against maximum current potential. Just like in your house, current you don't use is simply not used......an advantage we don't need or use. Arizer picked the best trade off (barely enough current production ability in favor of as much run time as possible. Bless their souls. If you're buying replacements I'd stick with the factory unit (NCR18650B?), but having 'more powerful' (higher max current) 18650s lying around in good condition using them makes sense (even if it does mean a shorter run time.....hopefully minor).

Regards to all.

OF

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
factory unit (NCR18650B?),
FYI from Arizer via email:

Due to the popularity of our portable products in regions with cold climates, we have switched the ArGo / Air II battery to one that can perform much more reliably at temperatures below freezing. Rest assured the new batteries are even higher quality, with higher mAh, better overall capacity, longer life, and greatly improved performance in cold temperatures.

The new spec is the Samsung 35E.

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
I'm sure that there is information on this somewhere in the thread but I'm high and having trouble finding it. Go figure.

Does anybody have any tips for when the pop-up stem cover will no longer remain in place? I can't get it to stay in the down position so I have to hold it down manually in order for the stem to be exposed and hittable. Obviously I can't just throw the whole machine into iso, so what is the best method to resolve?

Thanks!!

OF

Does anybody have any tips for when the pop-up stem cover will no longer remain in place? I can't get it to stay in the down position so I have to hold it down manually in order for the stem to be exposed and hittable. Obviously I can't just throw the whole machine into iso, so what is the best method to resolve?

Thanks!!

Congratulations, I think you're the first to report this problem...….

If the latch isn't broken (like from a fall), my guess is the button is frozen in the down position. Normally it gets 'camed down' against the spring as you lower the top. It depends on the spring to push it up again, so y you might get some luck pressing the button down several times. Don't be tempted to flood the area with solvents, lest you leak some into the screen area and make a big mess.

You'll find a screw under a rubber plug next to the battery. If you look down the battery channel you'll see it holds the works in. Removing that screw should let you disassemble it, I'd try that.

Otherwise a longer stem might be a useful work around, as would a piece of tape over the top to hold the cover down permeantly.

Good luck, ArGo is too good a vape not to enjoy.

OF

Cannabiker

Thanks, FC! I stopped in to share how psyched I am about the curved aroma tube I just picked up from 420EDC (@cannabis.pro), and I stumbled on the domed screen hack. Now I've got a double upgrade, and my Argo rips. It was already my favorite portable, edging out the Mighty mostly for convenience. I don't like cleaning vapes, and the Mighty is messy. Now the Argo hits more like the Mighty, and I love it even more. Arizer needs to step up their stock stem performance--a couple of simple tweaks make a big difference.

I love the curved version. The Argo's ergos have always been awkward; this makes it like puffing a Sherlock.
IMG_3079 by Pedaling with Grace, on Flickr

Top Bottom