cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
The real test for me is when it’s below zero. Twenties and thirties are no big deal for the solo or air in my experience.
Lithium batteries don't like extreme hot or cold. It's best to make an effort to keep the device warm or on your body vs keeping it in your car on a frigid day and starting it up. This is more of a chemistry issue in general than something a battery can solve on its own.

Toivarita

999 Forever. The Party Never Ends.
New here been reading a long time on OG solo thread. Have had OG for 6 years on 3rd battery current one high capacity rocks out 12 sessions! Used solo for long time after having an OG davinci. Then I got a pax 3 did not use more than 10 times smh! Back to solo for awhile. Then I got into carts the last couple years as the little one got older and did not have green ... Then my guy gave me a couple nugs I ran through the solo (they were awesome)! That was 2 weeks ago. Just ordered my Argo from POTV and a curved 3D flow stem from 420. Also ordered a couple Panasonic batteries and a charger, although I just saw the 35s are better on here? Anything else I need or need to know? Thanks
What happened to your Pax3?

Toivarita,

OF

"Due to the popularity of our portable products in regions with cold climates, we have switched the ArGo / Air II battery to one that can perform much more reliably at temperatures below freezing. Rest assured the new batteries are even higher quality, with higher mAh, better overall capacity, longer life, and greatly improved performance in cold temperatures." from Arizer Support.

The new specification is the Samsung 35E, just wanted to pass this along as the spec given further up this page was for the old Panasonic NCR18650B cell.
The real test for me is when it’s below zero. Twenties and thirties are no big deal for the solo or air in my experience.

Sometimes things aren't really like when you 'read it on the web'. Like this change gives better low temperature performance. Arizer might think so, but the folks that make the two 18650s in question don't agree. Samsung says theirs is rated from minus 10 to plus 60C:

OTOH, Panasonic says theirs is rated for minus 20 to plus 60:

I've never been big on this metric thing, I'm still hopeful it'll blow over like other things born of hatred of history, but when I went to school minus 20C was colder than minus 10.........

Now the new cell is rated at higher continuous current (which we can't take advantage of in this case since we don't draw that much) and it does have slightly higher capacity (5%) which while useful IMO is not going to give you any useful extra vaping times. As I see it, either is a great choice here, but it's basically a push?

OF

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@OF from our back & forths with Arizer, I'm guessing the higher current is the logic for the change in regard to cold. If I had to guess, the Samsung could be saving them some coin considering the quantites they move.

OF

If I had to guess, the Samsung could be saving them some coin considering the quantites they move.
That was my guess as well, FWIW. Not that I have anything against such motives generally. In a perfect world such things lead to lower prices for us?

Low temperature advantages seem undocumented and IMO are very modest at best since the 18650 is going to 'warm up' in use. For sure such claims are far from uncommon in this market.....sales being king and all.

OF

pop22

I got an Argo about a week ago. I have a good supply of spare batteries as I have three others with swapable batteries. I have the LG H2 that have worked well in all my vapes. They work fine in the Argo. Haven't checked to see how much time I get from them. They are all three + years old but I never discharge them below 50% and I have 6 of them so they all still have lots of life in them.

pop22,
Reactions: OF

Deano

I just picked up a FM Cap Pro from a black friday sale. I wanted something with decent performance but still discreet to carry in a pocket.

The only real complaint I have about it is the odor it puts off. Even when in your pocket, center console, etc... It smells like a dispensary. Part of being discreet is not smelling like you're firing up everywhere you go.

Can you smell the Argo like that? I mean even when not in use... Can you tell it's nearby?

Deano,
Top Bottom