• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any vapes in 2019 with all glass isolated air and vape path

Hello everyone. I'm new here, hope I posted this in the right place. I tried the search function, but I couldn't find anything recent on the topic.

I was hoping to find a vaporizer that has no compromises as far as materials go, and isolating the vapor path from electronics. Convection is preferred, but not mandatory. Portable is preferred but not mandatory. Also, that means portable as in I can walk outside with it. I plan to do this in my home/yard. It's not important that I'm able to go to the store and hide it in my pocket.

Every time I think I found the best option I find a thread or review that contradicts it. Either air from a plastic chamber seeps in, the air passes through electronics, the model is discontinued, etc, etc.

I just want something uncompromising where I don't have to get paranoid because I finished my bowl and realize how plastic or metallic the air tastes.

Something easy to clean would be preferable, but beggars can't be choosers. I would also prefer under $300, but I'm more flexible with the price than I am with the health concerns. Thanks!

sickmanfraud

Hello everyone. I'm new here, hope I posted this in the right place. I tried the search function, but I couldn't find anything recent on the topic.

I was hoping to find a vaporizer that has no compromises as far as materials go, and isolating the vapor path from electronics. Convection is preferred, but not mandatory. Portable is preferred but not mandatory. Also, that means portable as in I can walk outside with it. I plan to do this in my home/yard. It's not important that I'm able to go to the store and hide it in my pocket.

Every time I think I found the best option I find a thread or review that contradicts it. Either air from a plastic chamber seeps in, the air passes through electronics, the model is discontinued, etc, etc.

I just want something uncompromising where I don't have to get paranoid because I finished my bowl and realize how plastic or metallic the air tastes.

Something easy to clean would be preferable, but beggars can't be choosers. I would also prefer under $300, but I'm more flexible with the price than I am with the health concerns. Thanks!

I would look into several vapes that may fit your needs. First, I suggest you investigate the Arizer Solo or SoloII. While conduction vs convection the Solo has an isolated vapor path that is all glass.

You may want to be in touch with some of the craftsmen who make "custom vapes" (Mistvape Imp, Firewood, Lil bud, Milaana, Lil Bud Elite, Tubo) and ask them about your health concerns. Many of the 510 vapes (iheat, TuboX, Stempod, Splinter) are very popular and "taste neutral".

Another possibility is to contact @VGOODIEZ who sell many of the products mentioned above and see if they have any customer comments to share.

To make things a little easier, I will give you the FC handles for the vape makers that I know of.

@mistvaporizer makes the imp 510 device and an even more stealth Impcognito.

@Bravesst (Vapwood.com) is the man behind the Lil Bud, and Lil Bud Elite.

@Alan http://toasty-top.com is the man behind the iHeat and Heat Island and he makes and sells custom wood mouthpieces.

@funkyjunky is the inventor of the Tubo line of convection vaporizers (http://tubo.lamart.ch/)

@supershredderdan is the man behind the Stempod (modpodlabs.com) the stempod is almost 100% SS if that helps you.

@VGOODIEZ can give you information on the RBT vapes and other 510 vapes he sells.

Welcome to FC and I hope this helps.

LabPong

I can not think of any portable ... I am also like you in wanting to eliminate plastic and electronics in the vapor path. I have super sensitive taste and lungs....I can taste everything.

I use the Elev8r with torch and coil.....and also the G-43 vape (hard to get now..there is a line) is one of the best as well.

Other than that....maybe a Glass Symphony or Herborizer.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Either of the Splinters would work, but these 510 Mod based vapes have a learning curve to setup unless you buy a box mod preconfigured with a Splinter or Splinter Z from @VGOODIEZ. It was stated above the taste or flavor of the Splinter’s is neutral, the flavor from the Splinter is exceptional. I did own the FireFly2 which is renowned for it’s flavor and I feel my Splinter Z with an XL8R cooling stem is equal to or exceeds the flavor of the FF2. Please also keep in mind a vape with swappable batteries will require batteries and a charger. Many vapes offer on board charging of swappable 18650 batteries, but I do not recommend doing so.

For a desktop that is pure convection with only titanium and glass in the airpath checkout the @NewVape710 FlowerPot WeedEater or VRod (the later if you are in an area where you have access to concentrates)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I had already checked out firefly 2, and though it probably doesn't matter, I don't like that it has a plastic mouthpiece, and I read on herbonaut that the arizer solo 2 vape or air path passes over electronics. I'll start checking all the rest of these out.

nsfnotthrowingaway,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I had already checked out firefly 2, and though it probably doesn't matter, I don't like that it has a plastic mouthpiece, and I read on herbonaut that the arizer solo 2 vape or air path passes over electronics. I'll start checking all the rest of these out.
I do not see where the FF2 was recommended. That said the small plastic mouthpiece in the FF2 airpath is at the very end of said airpath. In otherwords it is far enough away from the heater that off gassing should not be a concern. I do not recommend the FF2 as it requires stirring and when you do stir your herbs in a FF2 it makes a mess. I also do not feel the FF2 is as efficient as the Splinters.

C No Ego

Fury2 or Fierce vaporizers are clean isolated air path vapes... you can use all glass attachments to vape through with zero plastic in the air path
available @ healthyrips.com

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Dynavap tip with a glass stem, there are several on the market now. @StringTheorista has a nice looking, heavy duty one from @RogueGuy.

0139267-D-3-CB5-4-FFD-8-F67-60-FDA23-EAD33.jpg

Loaded the ti tip onto my new @RogueGuy fat glass stem, put in a bitty nug of honey bananas. Nice! I like the size, a little longer and fatter than the Nonavong XL, easy to handle and spin. Heated high on the cap (near clickers) for a tasty pull.

sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

C No Ego

Thanks for all the advice everyone. So far the Fury2 or Fierce are looking like the ones I'm gonna get. Vapolution or e-nano have second place.

Fury2 is a more affordable model allowing smaller dosing amounts per session as compared to Fierce. the glass water pipe adapters or the glass bent stem pieces all insert down into the herb chamber seating to the bottom so no other materials are in contact with the herb and vapor save for Glass.
when my glass is dirty I soak it in solvent and save reclaim ETC....

C No Ego,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Vaporware

I wrote most of this last night but never got it posted...I see you already ordered, and you may be happy with a Fury 2 as a decent starting point and cheap pocketable portable, but if you’re looking for the best quality stuff...you might want to cancel that order and look at some other options.

There actually was another recent thread asking about the same question in the Ask FC section recently, so you might want to check that out too.

The Fury and Fierce have a lot of fans, but if you’re looking for the best quality vapor and devices...those are not the ones you want. They’re good for people on a budget, they have good performance compared to others in their price range, but I’ve seen more people say that their vapor quality is disappointing in comparison to other (more expensive) options than I’ve seen praising their vapor quality in similar comparisons.

I’m not too familiar with Vapolution, but a log like the E-Nano, Woodscents, Underdog, Heat Island, etc. are all better options for home use in my opinion.

The NewVape FlowerPot is also a great option for home, as is the Evo and several others. The Evo is the only one of those that only has glass in the air path though. Everything else we’re discussing and almost everything suggested above (apart from the Elev8r) has a metal heater in the air path. I think that’s okay, but you should know what you’re getting is not exactly what you asked for.

For portables, check out things like the Nomad (my favorite), Milaana, MVT and Li’l Bud if you’re okay with unregulated devices where you just hold down the button to power the heater and you control how hot you get it with the button and draw speed. You can combust with these if you’re not careful, but if you learn how to use them they’re many people’s favorites.

If you want options for temperature control at the expense of messing with box mod stuff (which you may or may not enjoy) but you like the unregulated convection stuff above, check out the Li’l Bud Elite, Splinter, Imp, iHeat, etc.

There are other good options I’m not including or even remembering, but just about everything I mentioned is (at least to me) a better option than the Fury 2 which is not bad for the price but...anyone who has one along with some others I mentioned want to make some comparisons?

I just don’t want you to end up being disappointed and thinking there aren’t much better options or that we steered you in the wrong direction. If you just want to get started and move up from there though, I think you got a reasonable starting point that I’ve even considered buying for situations that require a small battery powered portable that isn’t as expensive as some others.

If heating with a pocket torch is acceptable in that kind of situation though, I think a VapCap M is still probably a better choice (cheaper and more durable).

@VaporWare - Thanks for all the additional info. Are there any issues with the Fury 2 from a health standpoint? Maybe after I use it a bit, I'll wish the clouds were bigger, or the battery life was better or something, and I'll be in the market for a new one. But my one and only concern, for now, is that I can use it daily without introducing any foreign plastic, metal, etc into the vapor, or accidentally combusting my dry herbs.

On a side note, does anyone know if it's possible to smoke rosin out of the Fury 2. I've never used rosin, so I'm not sure if it's little crumbles or melty or what.

nsfnotthrowingaway,
Reactions: C No Ego

Vaporware

I haven’t looked into it enough to tell you for sure, but as far as I know the Fury 2 is fine on the safety front, so as long as you know there are other options that are a step (or more) up available for the future, I do think it’s okay to start with it. :)

I started with a DaVinci Ascent (largely for its glass vapor path) and didn’t bother considering anything else for years. In comparing it to others now I see there are areas where it’s clearly not great, but it still did the job and it’s much better than smoking.

So for now enjoy the Fury 2, and stop back by this thread/forum when you’re ready to try something else!

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Unless you are using the Vapolution there will always be either SS and/or ceramic in the vaporizer airpath somewhere from either a SS screen or a SS or ceramic heater. Second closest would prob be the Evo with only the screen and pure glass.

Why are you set on only glass? Something like the Splinter for example only adds SS and/or wood which i personally would consider very safe also.

Vaporware

Unless you are using the Vapolution there will always be either SS and/or ceramic in the vaporizer airpath somewhere from either a SS screen or a SS or ceramic heater. Second closest would prob be the Evo with only the screen and pure glass.

Why are you set on only glass? Something like the Splinter for example only adds SS and/or wood which i personally would consider very safe also.

I believe the Elev8r can be used with all glass too, but yeah, there aren’t very many that have 100% glass airpaths.

Yeah, as I did more research I realized there were almost 0 options with all glass. And also realized there are a few more safe options, like stainless steel (which the Fury 2 I ended up ordering has). Mainly I just want the air/vape path to be isolated, and all materials along the way being absolutely safe. Even if it's a case where for instance there's plastic, but it's nowhere near the heat, so it should be perfectly safe. If it's still in the vapor path, I'd just rather not have it there at all.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

Not true, the NewVape FlowerPot has only titanium and glass in the air path, no stainless. The screens are titanium.

YaMon,

C No Ego

@VaporWare - Thanks for all the additional info. Are there any issues with the Fury 2 from a health standpoint? Maybe after I use it a bit, I'll wish the clouds were bigger, or the battery life was better or something, and I'll be in the market for a new one. But my one and only concern, for now, is that I can use it daily without introducing any foreign plastic, metal, etc into the vapor, or accidentally combusting my dry herbs.

On a side note, does anyone know if it's possible to smoke rosin out of the Fury 2. I've never used rosin, so I'm not sure if it's little crumbles or melty or what.

if you pack hash or rosin in there keep it from the bottom of herb chamber where the screen with holes in it are located... pack some dry herb into a glass attachment halfway then put in the rosin then another pack of herb making a sandwich with the rosin packed in center...
also, if you ordered a WPA with the fury2 and have a bubbler or water device you can use the vape upside down and not worry about sticky essence getting down into the isolated air path clogging it... if anything would clog it would be the glass screen in the glass pieces and you can solvent reclaim that later to revape or make coconut ABV ( already been vaped) from the reclaim and any saved vaped remains.
battery life will possibly be of issue if you plan to use Fury2 a lot each day... you just need be aware to plug it in when not in use and keep it charged... with lite use it should not be as much of an issue

Edit - the Fury2 comes with mesh concentrate absorbent pads where you load in the concentrate and vape it... still need to be careful not top drip any down into vape air pathway but that mesh pad could be something you can use.
if you have not located it here is th eFury thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-fury.24408/

Top Bottom