• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any good Netflixxing going on?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
it's just not fun to laugh at anymore as the old GAY was a funny type of person that was the oddball in the group and even funnier in movies and shows was straight people acting GAy ... acceptance to " the Gay " has ruined it for me LOL.... anyway whatever

It's the acceptance of the Gay person that's alarming? Why is that alarming?

Again, not trying to fan the flames. Just trying to understand the perspective.....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
C No Ego has every right to hate gays. C No Ego, ergo, hates me. That's the way pre-judging works. I think it weird to hate someone because of immutably who they are: Blacks; Chinese; Gay; Latinos; but that's just me. C No Ego would prefer we remain silent about differences.

Let's get back on topic. Further replies are inappropiate and will be deleted. Let's get back to talking about shows we like/dislike.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Watching stranger things myself on season 2.
A series I just watched was Outer Range. Sci fi about a rancher who has a big ass portal on his land. Great EDIT-series, not a movie-EDIT if your into other dimensions and good time travel plot to it.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
A series I just watched was Outer Range. Sci fi about a rancher who has a big ass portal on his land. Great EDIT-series, not a movie-EDIT if your into other dimensions and good time travel plot to it.

I forgot about that sci-fi twist, Amazon recently released another new show called Night Sky, about an old married couple... who have a secret portal on their land lol

Oh, but these are Amazon shows, so the discussion actually belongs here:
instead of this Netflix thread ;)

Last edited:

vapirtoo

You folks and my son got me into the rabbit hole of Stranger Things and I'm enjoying it .
I just finished Season 2 and really enjoyed everyone getting back together with it ending
at the middle school prom.
The only problem I had with the writing was how often main characters stand around and
look at impending or just escaped mayhem like everything is cool.
Bob would of survived if he just ran out of the building...... maybe.
Hopper, Hooper whatever is always going solo and guns were useless until
the last confrontation at the gate.
Hey, still a good ride.
Oh yeah, the whole world is gay, but we never knew it.
Dolphins are gay, and can be sexual predators!

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Portals get me revved up. Wife is really into this type of stuff.
I forgot about that sci-fi twist, Amazon recently released another new show called night sky, about an old married couple... who have a secret portal on their land lol

Oh, but these are Amazon shows, so the discussion actually belongs here:
instead of this Netflix thread ;)

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I've bought my ticket for this Stranger Things train and have been enjoying the ride! I'm in the middle of season 3 right now, I've felt that David Harbour (Hopper) really improved with some of his acting in the second to third season with things such as facial expressions. Not that I've thought he was ever doing a bad job, I just think it's cool watching people improve. His threatening Mike and him singing along to "You don't mess around with Jim" are some of my favorite scenes.

My new favorite show on Netflix though has to be Bojack Horseman! I kept getting stuck on the 1st season for years which is alright but once you get to season 2 it becomes a much better show in terms of writing.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

My new favorite show on Netflix though has to be Bojack Horseman! I kept getting stuck on the 1st season for years which is alright but once you get to season 2 it becomes a much better show in terms of writing.

Yasss so so good once you get into it!

Razhumikin

I've been watching Oz for the first time, which if you dont know it is the first HBO prestige drama. It takes a ton of artistic risks, many of which do not pay off well, the writing can be achingly unsubtle, and some of its takes on minority issues, though well-intentioned, haven't aged well. Despite all this, its a really compelling show with a truly unbelievable cast, including early performances from many of the actors who would go on to be breakout stars in HBO shows like The Sopranos and The Wire, among others. Its also interesting to watch from a "history of TV" angle, because so many features of the gritty prestige dramas that are so culturally dominant now were first seen in this show. Its definitely a pretty uneven show, but I would certainly recommend watching it if you havent seen it before.

Knewt

I watched Season 3 of Love, Death and Robots the other morning. I was rather baked and just at the end of the first episode, (Three Robots: Exit Strategies), my cat climbed into my lab and stared into my eyes. I enjoy this series, short episodes are easy on my short attention span, and it’s mostly new unique stories.

Black Mirror is another great series, it’s kind of a dark futuristic Twilight Zone. Longer episodes however.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been married for over 20 years so a sex room would get used about as much as our gym (treadmill and elliptical trainer in the spare bedroom). :lol:
I have just started season 4 of Stranger Things, it is funny to watch the characters all grow up in such a short time as I only started watching the series a short while ago. It is also interesting to see how the young actors improve acting-wise (except Natalia Dyer seems to have got worse).

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I love Patriot on Prime. Just started a rewatch. It's an excellent critique of hierarchical structures (on several levels) in human relations/society. The series treads the line between satire and seriousness in such an erratic manner that it is often challenging the viewer to consider how to interpret what's happening. And while I imagine that sounds like pretentious effort demanding shit, it's actually lighthearted and filled with laughs.

Shit Snacks

I also really dug patriot. Too bad they only made two seasons.

Yeah, I continued the conversation here by the way, since it's not a Netflix show...

Top Bottom