Any good Netflixxing going on?

Robert-in-YEG

I'm in my 70s and have begun to have a hard time watching violence, especially with dramatic build ups. But I've really been enjoying watching Fargo stoned. Interesting stories, interesting characters, and just enough humor.
I'm in my 50's, and I can relate.

With all the rap going on in the world, we need more comedies. This world would be a better place if everyone could laugh a little more.

Robert-in-YEG

“‎Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."
~ Thomas Jefferson

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Season 5 of F is for Family is out. Sad to see this show go. Inside job was pretty epic too. Better get a second season out of it.

There are 10 more episodes of inside job coming btw, it was a 20 episode first season order I think...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Whisper

SquirrelMaster

Season 5 of F is for Family is out. Sad to see this show go. Inside job was pretty epic too. Better get a second season out of it.
There are 10 more episodes of inside job coming btw, it was a 20 episode first season order I think...
Nice, I really enjoyed Inside Job, I'm glad there's more coming.

I watched Nine Perfect Strangers recently on Prime. I heard an interview with Manny Jacinto a while back that made me want to check it out and it was well worth it.

Robert-in-YEG

Stranger Things’ Season 4 Release Date May Have Just Been Leaked by Georgia Tour Company​

Robert-in-YEG

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogey man or Michael Jackson."
~ Bart Simpson

Robert-in-YEG,

ginolicious

Stranger Things’ Season 4 Release Date May Have Just Been Leaked by Georgia Tour Company​

Robert-in-YEG

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogey man or Michael Jackson."
~ Bart Simpson

Wow. Summer of 2022. Man. This is terrible.

ginolicious,

C No Ego

We just binge watched all three seasons ! that 80's nostalgia vibe... can tell I'm getting older , Damn

C No Ego,
Reactions: Whisper

Texus

Witcher Seaason 2 has been a fun one so far.

And really, really liked the animated Arcane. Even with zero background or knowledge of League of Legends.

On the Amazon side, Expanse is the best sci-fi on TV right now and final episodes have just started airing.

Also enjoying Wheel of Time, but I am a self-professed fan boy of those books (which I prefer to Game of Thrones).

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I thought it was funny.

I know that a lot of people didn't like it because either they thought it painted cannabis users in a bad light, or that it was just stupid in it's sitcom-ness.

I still thought it was funny though, in spite of all that. It is what it is, as long as you don't try to take it too seriously.
My girlfriend and I just finished watching Disjointed, and we enjoyed it for what it was.
It had a definite seventies sitcom vibe to it, especially the exaggerated laugh track, which at first put me off until i grokked the context.
I was hoping to see the martial arts guy finally get high, but in a way it's good that it didn't happen.

We look for anything fun that has Chinese subtitles.
Unfortunately Hulu doesn't and I don't think Prime has either.
Netflix does though.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Watched the first three episodes of Stranger Things last night with my dedicated ST partner, my daughter. We've been binging them together since the beginning. Kind of nice to have a teenager want to watch tv with you even if it's for the sake of nostalgia lol

Anyway, this season is tight and it's good. So far superior to the earlier seasons already. Cinematography, sound, soundtrack, and yes, even acting, I'd say. They've taken this season seriously, for sure. Waiting for my partner to wake up so we can take down the next 4 episodes.

vapirtoo

Just finished Ghost in the Shell season 2.
They had a really great sci-fi story with some really emotional moments in it for me,
but the conclusion was weird, limp and difficult to figure out.
What the fuck actually happened? I still enjoyed the ride, might take it again.

vapirtoo,
  • Haha
Reactions: LesPlenty

C No Ego

Watched the first three episodes of Stranger Things last night with my dedicated ST partner, my daughter. We've been binging them together since the beginning. Kind of nice to have a teenager want to watch tv with you even if it's for the sake of nostalgia lol

Anyway, this season is tight and it's good. So far superior to the earlier seasons already. Cinematography, sound, soundtrack, and yes, even acting, I'd say. They've taken this season seriously, for sure. Waiting for my partner to wake up so we can take down the next 4 episodes.
we are only in a few episodes and they had to bring in the Gay, Lesbian Shit to the Show , WTF.... the new religion

C No Ego

You do realize that they also had Heterosexual Shit in the show from the beginning, right?
yeah, and it is something I can really conect with , girl - guy , all that . a natural thing ... look at nature, it is balanced with natural evolution ... nothing would evolve if the females are F'ng the other females and same with males LOL .... twisted shit , I try not to judge but also do not want to sympathize nor know what problems gays are having based on an 80's tv show

C No Ego,

Shit Snacks

yeah, and it is something I can really conect with , girl - guy , all that . a natural thing ... look at nature, it is balanced with natural evolution ... nothing would evolve if the females are F'ng the other females and same with males LOL .... twisted shit , I try not to judge but also do not want to sympathize nor know what problems gays are having based on an 80's tv show

Yeah, most entertaining media content has been completely (white, male) hetero perspective, so now there is a push to show other perspectives, it might feel unnecessary to you, but please understand how meaningful it is for minorities or suppressed voices to see themselves represented... Don't they deserve something they can really connect with in mainstream media too?!?

Also, females have been fucking females since like the dawn of time, evolution has not been hindered by homosexuality throughout nature across history FYI

Also you try not to judge, but maybe it would help to not refer to this all as "twisted shit" then... empathy is a powerful tool... :peace:

florduh

I guess I've just lived in a number of places with big gay populations. I've had gay friends/acquaintances for my whole adult life. So I literally don't even notice it in TV shows. It takes up zero mental bandwidth for me. It took me a minute to even figure out what show you're talking about, and we only have 2 episodes left of Stranger Things in the Floriduh household.

It's been so long since I've watched a season that I was wondering if Stranger Things still has the juice. So far.... I think it still has the juice. 80's nostalgia always goes down real smooth. I'm a little torn on the new villain. In previous seasons the bad guy was a cosmic horror, totally beyond human understanding. Now it's some dude who shit talks the kids? I do like that he has a real Stephen King vibe to him.

Also, regarding homosexuality inhibiting evolution... there are tons of species that exhibit homosexual behavior.

And as far as all this gay stuff being a new thing, it turns out a tortoise named Jonathan has been banging another dude since 1991. And Jonathan was born in 1832.

Here he is in 1900.

170px-Jonathan-the-tortoise-1900.jpeg

And here he is last year. Still gay as hell.

220px-Jonathan-plantation-house.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
yeah, and it is something I can really conect with , girl - guy , all that .

Good for your privileged self. I'd hate for you to have to admit that people different than you exist, and have always existed.

Guess what, I am a bisexual cisgender male, and I exist...no matter how much you would like for public media to pretend that LGBTQ+ people don't exist...even though we have always existed.

a natural thing ... look at nature, it is balanced with natural evolution ... nothing would evolve if the females are F'ng the other females and same with males LOL

I hate to break it to you, but non-heterosexuality in humans has always been about the same percentage, in all countries, throughout recorded history. And I don't have the numbers for percentage of homosexuality in the animal kingdom, but I do know that homosexuality has been observed in portions of thousands of species around the world.

It is natural, and it has evolved.

And I hate to break it to you, but even if all people were homosexual, you do realize that homosexual people can still reproduce...right? They can, and they do, even today! LOL

.... twisted shit , I try not to judge but also do not want to sympathize nor know what problems gays are having based on an 80's tv show

I hate to break it to you, but LGBTQ+ people still existed back in the 80's as well. Do you just expect the show to pretend that we didn't exist then?

--------------------------------------------------------

I just...have trouble understanding why anyone would get offended/upset because this TV show includes characters that represent many different types of people that exist and would have existed in the society that the story is depicting. Why should they not be allowed to be in the show, as well as people like you?

To be as honest as I can, when I hear someone say something like what you said ("we are only in a few episodes and they had to bring in the Gay, Lesbian Shit to the Show , WTF.... the new religion"), it would seem no different to me if you replaced "Gay, Lesbian Shit" with "Black, Hispanic Shit" or "Women, Girls Shit" or "Jewish Shit" or "Poor People Shit",etc, etc, etc... WTF.... the new religion".
^ I don't see any difference with any of the above statements, to be honest.

----------------------------------------------------------

Either way, I'm glad to hear that the show has been more inclusive. It might be a good reason for me to catch up on the show and support it. I know that to LGBTQ+ young people, it really sucks to never see people like you in movies/TV (and it's especially hurtful to hear adults that have a problem with normal people like you being included in movies/TV...as if they would be happier if you just didn't exist), because people like you exist in normal groups of friends...but for a very long time, media has had a habit of pretending that you and your issues don't exist in society like heterosexual cisgender people and their issues do.

Last edited:

GetLeft

It took me a minute to even figure out what show you're talking about
Me too. I guess I have to go back and watch again. I was planning on doing that anyway.

I think I liked this season best because it is more story / character driven. The early seasons were appealing due to the freaky concept of the upside down, but the acting and story were rather weak: lots of time hearing kids argue with eachother and watching Winona Ryder go coocoo trying to find her son in the walls. The show's young actors are older now and their stories are more relatable than the kids who are sneaking out on bikes in the middle of the night.

C No Ego

@Ramahs I get what everyone is saying here, I mean we are talking about Netflix so gay goes with the territory in that realm ... and honestly I like the old timey gay theme where the people are a bit weird and funny and more acceptable and the oddity of them makes them special ... this serious gay shit is more alarming and not fun or funny

@florduh the Big ass Turtle is not propagating the species LOL, no little Jonathans to speak of unless he confuses a female turtle for a male on and Screw her LOL ... thanks fro the laugh man !!

C No Ego,

florduh

Me too. I guess I have to go back and watch again. I was planning on doing that anyway.

Part of the problem is these episodes are so fuckin long! They're mostly feature length, but still do the ending on a cliffhanger thing. So when I agree to "one more episode" I forget I'm signing up to watch another hour and 40 minute movie.

Either way, I'm glad to hear that the show has been more inclusive. It might be a good reason for me to catch up on the show and support it.

I agree that it's nice for young people to see themselves represented in pop culture. But temper your expectations here on Stranger Things. I had to rack my brain to try and remember any gay plotline. There's a character who was introduced in S3 who's a lesbian. But that reveal was last season. She's still in the show. That's about it. Maybe the episode length and weed is messing with me, but the show isn't Will and Grace. Very little romance of any kind in the newest season honestly.

I think I liked this season best because it is more story / character driven. The early seasons were appealing due to the freaky concept of the upside down, but the acting and story were rather weak: lots of time hearing kids argue with eachother and watching Winona Ryder go coocoo trying to find her son in the walls. The show's young actors are older now and their stories are more relatable than the kids who are sneaking out on bikes in the middle of the night.

We just finished it last night. I agree. It's been a while since I watched the first season, but you're right. Plus all the 80's stuff, sci-fi themes, mixed with Stephen King like horror. I thought the first half of season 4 is a banger.

Also I was wrong about the villain now that I've seen the whole thing. I love what they did with him.

@florduh the Big ass Turtle is not propagating the species LOL, no little Jonathans to speak of unless he confuses a female turtle for a male on and Screw her LOL ... thanks fro the laugh man !!

Dude, Jonathan is like 200 years old. He started shacking up with another dude in 1991. When he was what, like 170? He probably made plenty of babies in the century before that. Maybe after 100 years of having some old turtle lady yappin in his ear he decided enough is enough. Time to go be gay with his bro. Good for him.

I do remember there was a (hopefully) tongue in cheek attempt to get Jonathan "cancelled" a few years ago. The joke was, "what was this 200 year old motherfucker doing during slavery?!" Turns out they were trying to cancel the oldest living member of the LGBT community.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I get what everyone is saying here, I mean we are talking about Netflix so gay goes with the territory in that realm ... and honestly I like the old timey gay theme where the people are a bit weird and funny and more acceptable and the oddity of them makes them special ... this serious gay shit is more alarming and not fun or funny
I'm not trying to fuel a fire. I honestly want to understand what "this serious gay shit is more alarming" means. What is more alarming about it?

His_Highness,
Reactions: florduh

C No Ego

I'm not trying to fuel a fire. I honestly want to understand what "this serious gay shit is more alarming" means. What is more alarming about it?
it's just not fun to laugh at anymore as the old GAY was a funny type of person that was the oddball in the group and even funnier in movies and shows was straight people acting GAy ... acceptance to " the Gay " has ruined it for me LOL.... anyway whatever

C No Ego,

Shit Snacks

it's just not fun to laugh at anymore as the old GAY was a funny type of person that was the oddball in the group and even funnier in movies and shows was straight people acting GAy ... acceptance to " the Gay " has ruined it for me LOL.... anyway whatever

So you only accept old gay stereotypes and homophobic punchlines of the past...? :rolleyes::disgust:

Top Bottom