Anvil vs Vapcap Discussion

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The Anvil packs a punch that I've never experienced from a DV regardless of technique. Love my DV's, but the Anvil performs way above it's weight class. Surprised more than one of my combustion friends. For about the price of a Omni, well worth it.
BLACK-best.png

hinglemccringleberry

The Anvil packs a punch that I've never experienced from a DV regardless of technique.
Are you saying you've never experienced a DV hit so massive that you get completely choked out with a volume of vapor bigger thicker and more potent than what your lungs are physically capable of handling? Because I can do that on my DV all day long...
If you're saying the Anvil goes above and beyond that, then I guess a lightweight like me will never realize the performance increase it has over the DV, thus owning an Anvil is sort of pointless for me...

Last edited:

endof3d

Are you saying you've never experienced a DV hit so massive that you get completely choked out/cough up a lung/get hits bigger than what your lungs are physically capable of handling? Because I can do that on my DV whenever I want...
No. 'Packs a punch' means that the Anvil using the same amount of weed provides a noticeably more intense experience (punch) than a DV. The DV hit you described in your post would net a different effect if it was with the Anvil IMO. Not sure how that can be, but it does. Worth perusing the Anvil thread if your curious.

coolbreeze

If you're saying the Anvil goes above and beyond that,
It's sorta that: it's a real wallop. But it's also qualitative: there's something about its signature that is different and powerful. If you rtl with an FMJ, you pretty much get all the goods in a conductionesque blast that's big and powerful, but feels like a DV. With an anvil, it's sorta like you did the same thing with a Sticky Brick or DBV: one big bowl-sized blast of convection-heavy vapor. That's why people compare them to ball injectors rather than DVs, despite the load size and physical similarities.

endof3d

It's sorta that: it's a real wallop. But it's also qualitative: there's something about its signature that is different and powerful. If you rtl with an FMJ, you pretty much get all the goods in a conductionesque blast that's big and powerful, but feels like a DV. With an anvil, it's sorta like you did the same thing with a Sticky Brick or DBV: one big bowl-sized blast of convection-heavy vapor. That's why people compare them to ball injectors rather than DVs, despite the load size and physical similarities.
Well said! I just know that the weed I was vaping out of my portables for months caught me off guard when I vaped it through the Anvil. Maybe a picture will explain it better. ;)

Anvil-Drop.png

My_50p_worth

The Anvil packs a punch that I've never experienced from a DV regardless of technique. Love my DV's, but the Anvil performs way above it's weight class. Surprised more than one of my combustion friends. For about the price of a Omni, well worth it.
BLACK-best.png
Dude, the Anvil made my heavy combustion friend tap out :rofl:

Got halfway through an RTL hit before the guy passed it back to me and said he needs a breather

@mccringleberry I also tried inhaling the copium of “I can get a similar hit with my DV, I can clear it in one”

Works for a while, usually until you hit an anvil and realise (while sweating) that it’s a whole new ball game ;)

Last edited:

cptofnthng

I Had a Phantom m 19 with a BB9 that i used frequently. But ive sold it after a while and i only use the anvil now. Tolerance creeps up i fear though

TeaCup

Thinking about getting a Dyna. Is there a version, or configuration that can hit with the free flowingness of the Anvil? Not sure if this matters or not, but I absolutely positively need a carb. My lungs kill if I don't use a carb with these, and I don't have a clue why, but someone recommended a carb to help and it massively did. Thanks alot!

TeaCup,

coolbreeze

Is there a version, or configuration that can hit with the free flowingness of the Anvil?
Mine are all more restricted feeling than an Anvil but the '21 Omni and Vong are not terribly far behind. I like the Omni for straight up tokin' because the flavor's really good, and the Vong for going through water, and while it's fine native, it's got a hotter tip which sacrifices flavor for clouds.

Last edited:

Texus

Thinking about getting a Dyna. Is there a version, or configuration that can hit with the free flowingness of the Anvil? Not sure if this matters or not, but I absolutely positively need a carb. My lungs kill if I don't use a carb with these, and I don't have a clue why, but someone recommended a carb to help and it massively did. Thanks alot!
Most of the stems that have adjustable airflow should do the trick. Omni, Revolve, Ti MVS all good options. MVS Ti has two airflow types so that might be most versatile.

But really DV and Anvil are pretty different beasts. Despite apparent similarities.

TeaCup

Most of the stems that have adjustable airflow should do the trick. Omni, Revolve, Ti MVS all good options. MVS Ti has two airflow types so that might be most versatile.

But really DV and Anvil are pretty different beasts. Despite apparent similarities.

Thanks. I'm just looking into if a DaniVape and DynaVap could get me 2 vapes for similarly priced Anvil. I'm looking for a conduction leaning device to offset my convections. Price wise I don't think it'll work, these "upper" Dyna's are pricier than led to believe in the Anvil thread.

TeaCup,

endof3d

Definitely different beasts. One difference besides the intensity of the extraction is how the air flow adjustment works on both.

The adjustable 'Air Port' (carb) on the DV regulates the volume of air added to the vapor after it already passed through the oven/flower.

In comparison, the Anvil air flow valve adjusts the volume of air before it actually passes through the oven/flower.

Of all my portable vapes, only the Anvil and @Davinci_vaporizer IQ2 have precise air flow adjustments that can regulate the volume of air before it reaches the oven/flower. Wish more vape manufactures offered custom air flow control with their units.
airvalve.png

iq2.png

Texus

Definitely different beasts. One difference besides the intensity of the extraction is how the air flow adjustment works on both.

The adjustable 'Air Port' (carb) on the DV regulates the volume of air added to the vapor after it already passed through the oven/flower.

In comparison, the Anvil air flow valve adjusts the volume of air before it actually passes through the oven/flower.

Of all my portable vapes, only the Anvil and @Davinci_vaporizer IQ2 have precise air flow adjustments that can regulate the volume of air before it reaches the oven/flower. Wish more vape manufactures offered custom air flow control with their units.
airvalve.png

iq2.png
Very insightful thoughts about the design.

Texus,

SirGanjaVapeAlot

Honestly, I am pretty disappointed in both.

DynaVap in my experience, in the beginning, ~4 years ago had great QC and as they have grown in popularity they have not been able to maintain that. To make matters worse they are trying to money grab with ridiculous colored stems and parts of stems while picking up on social trends via Reddit to ride hype trains (Hack cough '19 Ms from George's attic).

I think they are losing their identity as a niche product which is great for them as a company and shows that they have been able to weather the storm that many vaporizer makers have not. However, I think as a longtime VAS sufferer for DynaVap products the aftermarket pricing is getting off the walls, and I want no part of it with few exceptions.

Fortunately, there are makers in the space like MAD Heaters for example who are willing to provide premium products at a relatively reasonable price, so there is yet hope at least in that respect.

---

My opinion of the Anvil is not based on personal ownership but on examining everything I've seen going on behind the scenes with its Beta and launch.

Imho the Anvil is a clear overengineered DynaVap copy (Can't come up with an original CCD idea?) turned one-hitter because some people want full extraction every time, which is understandable.

The fact that all of the hype and cost ($300 are you insane?) was outdone by a $10 copper cylinder should have been a wake-up call for the creator, and he should have found a way to make his product truly stand out and unique.

Instead, he threw a hissy fit and wrote a blog trashing aftermarket creators in the Dyna space while giving people who invested in his product hell when it has quality issues or stops working.

TLDR - both have become or began as over-hyped mediocrity, the following for both is nearly cult-like online, and the pricing is getting delusional for a few pieces of cleverly lathed metal.

Comfortably Numb

Honestly, I am pretty disappointed in both.

DynaVap in my experience, in the beginning, ~4 years ago had great QC and as they have grown in popularity they have not been able to maintain that. To make matters worse they are trying to money grab with ridiculous colored stems and parts of stems while picking up on social trends via Reddit to ride hype trains (Hack cough '19 Ms from George's attic).

I think they are losing their identity as a niche product which is great for them as a company and shows that they have been able to weather the storm that many vaporizer makers have not. However, I think as a longtime VAS sufferer for DynaVap products the aftermarket pricing is getting off the walls, and I want no part of it with few exceptions.

Fortunately, there are makers in the space like MAD Heaters for example who are willing to provide premium products at a relatively reasonable price, so there is yet hope at least in that respect.

---

My opinion of the Anvil is not based on personal ownership but on examining everything I've seen going on behind the scenes with its Beta and launch.

Imho the Anvil is a clear overengineered DynaVap copy (Can't come up with an original CCD idea?) turned one-hitter because some people want full extraction every time, which is understandable.

The fact that all of the hype and cost ($300 are you insane?) was outdone by a $10 copper cylinder should have been a wake-up call for the creator, and he should have found a way to make his product truly stand out and unique.

Instead, he threw a hissy fit and wrote a blog trashing aftermarket creators in the Dyna space while giving people who invested in his product hell when it has quality issues or stops working.

TLDR - both have become or began as over-hyped mediocrity, the following for both is nearly cult-like online, and the pricing is getting delusional for a few pieces of cleverly lathed metal.
I agree with you about the business moves made by both companies...

Dynavap was my main driver until I got an Anvil....I hardly touch them anymore

Have you even tried an Anvil ?

Farid

@SirGanjaVapeAlot I don't think it's fair to make strong judgments on the Anvil without having used it, though I'm certainly guilty of that too.

I will say I think the Anvil creator does himself a disservice calling DV a "legacy device" since many Anvil fans will be Dynavap fans, and in many cases very strong fans.

I also think these devices fill very different use cases, and one does not replace the other.

But the idea that either of these devices is overpriced does not hold up. First of all this is a tiny industry, and both devices are priced competitively with other brands. Secondly, there are scores of people willing to pay that price. Also, the Anvil has a complex manufacturing process, and the DV offers a lower priced entry product in addition to the TI models.

It's also par for the course for milled 316 and TI parts. I've seen crimping tubes that are literally just polished 316 tubes that sell for $60 a piece. Or bolts that are hundreds of dollars a piece.

But price isn't just the cost of manufacturing. It's going to pay for customer service, and other elements that don't matter nearly as much for a product like a bolt or crimping tube.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Vapcaps aren't great for sensitive throats and while I agree my Omnis are more open than my Ms the much higher cost for a titanium vapcap isn't a good investment if you're easily irritated.

What's your use case and how often do you vape? The Anvil is more of a magical dry herb banger with way more power and extraction potential than the relatively puny vc tip. I've never enjoyed adding air to dilute vapor like @endof3d describes. If a vapcap with the carb closed made me cough I'd stop using them entirely (which to be fair I have but more because they're annoying to reheat and not impressive for flavor).

My first choice home portable for flavor is still the Tinymight with a j-hook

SirGanjaVapeAlot

@SirGanjaVapeAlot I couldn't disagree more. I also think it's pretty silly to make strong judgments on the Anvil without having used it.

I will say I think the Anvil creator does himself a disservice calling DV a "legacy device" since many Anvil fans will be Dynavap fans, and in many cases very strong fans.

I also think these devices fill very different use cases, and one does not replace the other.

But the idea that either of these devices is overpriced does not hold up. First of all this is a tiny industry, and both devices are priced competitively with other brands. Secondly, there are scores of people willing to pay that price. Also, the Anvil has a complex manufacturing process, and the DV offers a lower priced entry product in addition to the TI models.

It's also par for the course for milled 316 and TI parts. I've seen crimping tubes that are literally just polished 316 tubes that sell for $60 a piece. Or bolts that are hundreds of dollars a piece.

But price isn't just the cost of manufacturing. It's going to pay for customer service, and other elements that don't matter nearly as much for a product like a bolt or crimping tube.
I think it's a matter of perception. That's also why it's totally understandable you disagree.

It could very well be that my view on the price doesn't match up with the reality of how much the materials and even basic alterations to it can cost.

Like I said in my post there are more than enough people who are diehard fans who will keep both brands going for a long time.

For them the price could be totally justified and worth it. The post asked what our opinion is of the different products. My personal one is that they are way overpriced for what they are. I'm not an influencer so my opinion only extends as far as my keyboard 😂.

I just don't find any value in fanboying and extolling how incredible products are ad nauseum (this is in general not saying you are or calling you out) as I've seen all over various vape related forums while shitting on others.

When I look at other niche products which are fully self sustained electronically and provide similarly high quality performance it is difficult to me to say "yes these machined pieces are just as valuable as they sit and demand a comparative price"

I agree with you about the business moves made by both companies...

Dynavap was my main driver until I got an Anvil....I hardly touch them anymore

Have you even tried an Anvil ?

Like I said in the post I haven't had a chance to try the Anvil so my opinion is only based on what I've seen. My opinion is just that 😁.

I will take the win that we agree that the business moves made by both could be way more thought out 🥳

SirGanjaVapeAlot,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Thanks. I'm just looking into if a DaniVape and DynaVap could get me 2 vapes for similarly priced Anvil. I'm looking for a conduction leaning device to offset my convections. Price wise I don't think it'll work, these "upper" Dyna's are pricier than led to believe in the Anvil thread.
Sounds like you would enjoy the Helix chambers when they get released, they are a conduction chamber for people who want more of a conduction experience, the Anvil is still new so people don't realize how versatile the Anvil really is. It works as intended out of the box without the need of buying 3rd party accessories to get it to work like you want

Glorg

“My opinion of the Anvil is not based on personal ownership”

If this is how you start a review sentence just start pressing the delete button as your opinion is useless. There’s plenty of people who own both and can give their own actual take on the devices and the actual arrogance it takes to think your opinion without trying one holds any value is kind of comical, nothing about it is an over engineer copy regardless of which an actual owner would enjoy using more.

Back to having opinions based on usage, I find the anvil with the 0.2 bowl the best for hash by far if you pack the tip flat on the metal with a flat hash disc, then back fill the chamber with herb, you can get one massive and excellent extraction with the hash taking up the surface heat from the direct metal contact, it works super effectively and you can do the extra fast heat up on the copper disc directly for a heavy extraction, this style of heat up without the hash would potentially combust just herb but with the hash in place it’s perfect. If going straight hash only I use the half bowl though, haven’t tried a vapman but I’ve never been too amazed at how the dyna does with only hash I really want a vapman to see it seems pretty perfect.

SirGanjaVapeAlot

“My opinion of the Anvil is not based on personal ownership”

If this is how you start a review sentence just start pressing the delete button as your opinion is useless. There’s plenty of people who own both and can give their own actual take on the devices and the actual arrogance it takes to think your opinion without trying one holds any value is kind of comical, nothing about it is an over engineer copy regardless of which an actual owner would enjoy using more.

Unnecessary passive aggressive callout aside, I think trying to silence someone because you don't like their opinion or where it comes from is juvenile.

Im not sitting here shitting on others opinions of the devices I shared my own. And I specifically said my opinion of the Anvil is limited to the creators behavior and resultant changes and products that have emerged, and that's also OK, albeit being limited.

There are plenty of users who have a wealth of experience with it that if someone for some reason took my post seriously they would clearly see there are better avenues to get an accurate opinion.

Leave it be mate.

Glorg

There’s nothing passive aggressive a pointing out sharing direct ignorant opinions is useless and arrogant. It’s pretty direct, also please show me how “ Anvil is a clear overengineered DynaVap copy ” is a claim based on solely the creators behavior?

Top Bottom