Anvil vs Vapcap Discussion

Gibbleguts

My dynavap has been in a drawer for a year and never really did it for me. My problems with the dynavap is hitting it perfectly is a challenge. I don't like to do multiple heat cycles as find the Terps and flavour go with the first heat cycle and just THC in the rest. While this can work for some I just prefer every hit to have flavour. This is the same reason I haven't had a lot of love for session vapes as well. Single hit or heat cycle tends to give me the best flavour.

I have mostly been running my anvil through water which required a specific dynavap or adapter but I never appreciated the device enough to pick up.

I also found I would combust the dynavap too often chasing the he big hits and it would ruin the flavour. So far I haven't combusted in the anvil and have had solid enough results that I am not chasing a reheat.

For me I liked the dynavap but I don't use it out a lot and felt like too much of a microdose or I was risking combustion. If the microdose works for you a dynavap may work very well for you. If you require heavier medication then the anvil lives up to its name.

RedZep

Adding copper to the cap is not going to make it function like the Anvil.

Anvil has twice the mass, no cutaways or heat dispersing fins. The herb chambers are much more substantial. The Dynavap will not be able to manage the same degree of one hit full extraction over 90 seconds.

Airflow is also superior on the Anvil. The herb chambers are also a big improvement because you can load up multiple bowls and hot swap in seconds. Also it's impossible to heat before the cool down, as the chamber's cool down click happens almost as soon as you remove it.

Dynavap will not have a sufficient answer to what the Anvil is doing, because they like to keep an insane profit margin on everything they sell. Those flimsy aluminium caps cost £25 here. If Dynavap sold us an Anvil replica, they would charge 400dollars for it.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Not to derail this thread 4 posts in, but how does the Anvil compare to the butane brick vapes?

I had been planning to splash out on a Dreamwood or an OWW this 4/20, but it almost feels like the Anvil can stand in for those, too.

RedZep

Not to derail this thread 4 posts in, but how does the Anvil compare to the butane brick vapes?

I had been planning to splash out on a Dreamwood or an OWW this 4/20, but it almost feels like the Anvil can stand in for those, too.
I owned a sticky Rick Runt but ended up selling it. Hated how dirty it got. Pain in the arse to clean.

Anvil gets you from 0-100mph faster. You can chain the herb chambers so quickly. You can vape 0.4g with the Anvil faster than you can in the flowerpot if you include the warm up time.

The runt had better taste. But I think it's better taste than most 2bh.

KindBuddyBud

Haha!
It smacks just as hard if not harder. I only have a sticky brick jr so I can't speak for the other bricks. The flavor is on par if not better in the anvil, the thing is if you heat higher on the oven (like a dyna, near the snap disc), pretty terpy and cloudy. Lower on the oven (riding the line) bigger clouds, you'll get stung and still get a bunch of flavor.

stonedmallone

Adding copper to the cap is not going to make it function like the Anvil.

Anvil has twice the mass, no cutaways or heat dispersing fins. The herb chambers are much more substantial. The Dynavap will not be able to manage the same degree of one hit full extraction over 90 seconds.

Airflow is also superior on the Anvil. The herb chambers are also a big improvement because you can load up multiple bowls and hot swap in seconds. Also it's impossible to heat before the cool down, as the chamber's cool down click happens almost as soon as you remove it.

Dynavap will not have a sufficient answer to what the Anvil is doing, because they like to keep an insane profit margin on everything they sell. Those flimsy aluminium caps cost £25 here. If Dynavap sold us an Anvil replica, they would charge 400dollars for it.
Dynavap has gotten ridiculous with their pricing. How many price increases have they done in such a little amount of time. Their Ms are going to be $100 in a few years lol. And I really like dynavaps to

Texus

Dynavap has gotten ridiculous with their pricing. How many price increases have they done in such a little amount of time. Their Ms are going to be $100 in a few years lol. And I really like dynavaps to
But that $50 Welcome kit is still there for the budget conscious. *shhhh* I actually end up buying one of those if I want to get a new cap or tip, which means I get a case, lighter and body for about the same price...

KindBuddyBud

Dynavap helped me quit combusting so I can't be too mad. Then vas kicked in. Now I have a collection of torches, glass, and dynamags. Which came in real handy when the anvil dropped. Picture a large metal rolling tray, magnets along the edge holding a stir tool and the half chamber. J hook, torches, grinder, bud, and all the accessories in the tray. Nice and neat little setup and most of it came after dynavap.

coolbreeze

For those who have their Anvils: am I missing something here or is this discussion more or less beside the point? From what I've seen the Anvil does not compete in the Dynavap sphere so much as that of the heaviest hitters. I'm less concerned about what this means for my Dynavap collection than if I should bother laying out the cash for a CH set up.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I am with a few of the other folks commenting here. I held off on the Anvil for a couple of reasons, but the biggest is vapcap flavor. The vapman and my Lily (and other bricks) are just so much more tasty. I think those little indestructible dynavaps are fun but not my favorite. Reading the thread almost no one commented on the flavor or low temp hits. So I pretty much decided the Anvil isn't for me. Seems like most folks with one are having fun and I think that is fantastic. Still I haven't yet seen any reason to pick one up for my preferences and habits.

Texus

I am with a few of the other folks commenting here. I held off on the Anvil for a couple of reasons, but the biggest is vapcap flavor. The vapman and my Lily (and other bricks) are just so much more tasty. I think those little indestructible dynavaps are fun but not my favorite. Reading the thread almost no one commented on the flavor or low temp hits. So I pretty much decided the Anvil isn't for me. Seems like most folks with one are having fun and I think that is fantastic. Still I haven't yet seen any reason to pick one up for my preferences and habits.
Hold onto your wallet. Just ran my Anvil through a Grav Helix mouthpiece and a Grav Upline Bubbler. Adding the Helix moved the flavor to the forefront for me. And both dry methods are chock full of flavor, though some cooling is likely in order (bend of J-hooks, dimples/indents etc).

Without the Helix, the device with the Grav Upline Bubbler that this reminded me the most of was the CH B2 Baller. I know that sounds nuts. Especially since Grav is also the piece that has the best synergy with the B2 out of anything I've compared it with.

It just hits in a special way. Even with the smaller bowl will prob need to learn how to take milder hits. Or just use the DVs, Simrell stuff for that milder (and still oh so lovely) vaping

Planck

believes in Dog
For those who have their Anvils: am I missing something here or is this discussion more or less beside the point? From what I've seen the Anvil does not compete in the Dynavap sphere so much as that of the heaviest hitters. I'm less concerned about what this means for my Dynavap collection than if I should bother laying out the cash for a CH set up.
I welcome Anvil vs anything else discussion in this thread.
Sorry for the short sighted thread title, my only defense is this was the primary comparison I noted peeps making. :doh:

coolbreeze

this was the primary comparison I noted peeps making.
Exactly my point. I think people make the mistake of assuming it is like a Dynavap because it looks like a Dynavap. There're other things it's much more like once you see people use it and hear how they describe it. I think that makes this discussion worth having, so people get how they're different. But there is that other discussion.

Last edited:

RedZep

Exactly my point. I think people make the mistake of assuming it is like a Dynavap because it looks like a Dynavap. There're other things it's much more like once you see people use it and hear how they describe it. I think that makes this discussion worth having, so people get how they're different. But there is that other discussion.
I think you have a valid point. Anvil is more like a butane heavy. The speed of delivery and potency put it in league with the FP.

However I still think the dynavap comparisons are apt. There were many people including me, who still used dynavap, but we're always wishing it had more power, or bigger bowl, or atleast do away with the weak first heat cycle that produced no vapour.

It's undeniable there are many similarities, even if it's just in cosmetics and ritualistic ways. There are a lot of people who would love to use dynavap, if it was simply better. Those people will love the Anvil.

But then l also think it can replace heavies. Or in my case be a sidekick to them

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well i think the dynavaps reached their end of technological development years ago.New caps and tips just dont justify getting for me. If it wasnt for the IH tech that other people developed,it would be one really boring vaporizer at least for me. Now they are trying to make it cool again adding a copper o-ring .
I wonder if knockoff Chinese dynavaps would adopt that tech ,too . They could not figure the clicking thingy ,but that is really easy to make...
This is purely meant as a joke , not pointing fingers at anyone,lol..
""Karma is doing what's been done to you to others."""

coolbreeze

There are a lot of people who would love to use dynavap, if it was simply better. Those people will love the Anvil.
I think I'd enjoy the Anvil, but I think I'd primarily use it at the bottom of its range, and I'd still use my Dynavaps more, but mostly because I'm a lightweight. I just see them as different kinds of tools, despite the obvious similarities. I've seen comparisons to the Supreme, which is quite something other than a Dynavap. I don't dispute your view that there are DV users who have been waiting for this kind of power in a form factor they appreciate, and they're gonna love this. But I don't see this as an "Omni killer" or anything because it does something very different than an Omni does, or needs to do. None of this is to say that Dynavap should rest on their laurels. I think their willingness to engage could lead to improved products, if they take this seriously.

Last edited:

RedZep

I think I'd enjoy the Anvil, but I think I'd primarily use it at the bottom of its range, and I'd still use my Dynavaps more, but mostly because I'm a lightweight. I just see them as different kinds of tools, despite the obvious similarities. I've seen comparisons to the Supreme, which is quite something other than a Dynavap. I don't dispute your view that there are DV users who have been waiting for this kind of power in a form factor they appreciate, and they're gonna love this. But I don't see this as an "Omni killer" or anything because it does something very different than an Omni does, or needs to do. None of this is to say that Dynavap should rest on their laurels. I think their willingness to engage could lead to improved products, if they take this seriously.
I thought I was going to use the Anvil at the bottom of the range also. I was worried that the powerful one hit extraction would waste some cannibinoids by boiling them off before inhalation. Or that the flavour would be nasty. My plan was to do flavour hits, then swap out the chamber, then keep going and swapping back to finish off the earlier chambers.

I find that it really does shine with the one hit extraction. Still plenty of flavour, and I can guarantee you lose no effects. John spoke about how the herb is not cooked until the click and the draw. I believe him. I find the potency to outclass the FP. I can only comfortably use 0.37g in the Anvil, yet I can use 0.5 in the FP. And with the FP I would still want to hit it again a few hours later.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I love my DV for what they are. And for me that is muscle memory and comfort. Coming from a fairly heavy toking background I love the fact that I can sit back, load a DV and then spend 10 mins or so taking a blast now and then just like a spliff. The feel in the hand and mouth are wonderful.
If I want a hard hitter I will either pull out my tinymight and can extract .2 g effortlessly and in seconds. Or I can fire up the fp etc etc.
For me, currently, I have no need for the anvil as it wouldn't fill a gap in my arsenal. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't have my TM or fp etc then I would give it serious consideration. I think it looks cool and it's obviously a heavy hitter.
But as I do have those heavy hitters there is no need currently. In fact I'm investing further in DV with a revolve on order and a beautiful hand made stem from a French maker......
Love my dv's but agree with the costing sentiments. £20 for a cap FFS.....

RedZep

I love my DV for what they are. And for me that is muscle memory and comfort. Coming from a fairly heavy toking background I love the fact that I can sit back, load a DV and then spend 10 mins or so taking a blast now and then just like a spliff. The feel in the hand and mouth are wonderful.
If I want a hard hitter I will either pull out my tinymight and can extract .2 g effortlessly and in seconds. Or I can fire up the fp etc etc.
For me, currently, I have no need for the anvil as it wouldn't fill a gap in my arsenal. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't have my TM or fp etc then I would give it serious consideration. I think it looks cool and it's obviously a heavy hitter.
But as I do have those heavy hitters there is no need currently. In fact I'm investing further in DV with a revolve on order and a beautiful hand made stem from a French maker......
Love my dv's but agree with the costing sentiments. £20 for a cap FFS.....
I'm finding the Anvil is a great sidekick to the FP. Both are heavy hitters but the signature is very different.

coolbreeze

I thought I was going to use the Anvil at the bottom of the range also. I was worried that the powerful one hit extraction would waste some cannibinoids by boiling them off before inhalation. Or that the flavour would be nasty.
My only concern, really, was getting lost in the fog and wandering off.

Seriously, when I think of the Anvil, I think of a Troy & Jerry episode where they're sitting around hitting their CH ballers, and every time Jerry hits it, he just goes blank for a minute it hits him so hard. This also reminds me of the person who was knocking their self out with their Vapbong. It's not that I worry that it's unhealthful or whatever, just that it's a bit more than I normally need. That said, it would be a wonderful occasional interdimensional transport, say on weekends when my tolerance has crept up sufficiently that I could use it and have a pleasurable experience.

Last edited:

RedZep

Seriously, when I think of the Anvil, I think of a Troy & Jerry episode where they're sitting around hitting their CH ballers, and every time Jerry hits it, he just goes blank for a minute it hits him so hard. This also reminds me of the person who was knocking their self out with their Vapbong. It's not that I worry that it's unhealthful or whatever, just that it's a bit more than I normally need. That said, it would be a wonderful occasional interdimensional transport, say on weekends when my tolerance has crept up sufficiently that I could use it and have a pleasurable experience.
I will say that the high is very cerebral for me. Feels like the high I get from volcano hybrid bags. It is certainly potent. I'm using around 25% less material co pared to when I use the Flowerpot.

The high is so different. For me the flowerpot is deeper. More physical. Like a feeling of static and being stuck to the couch, or wanting to lie down and take a nap.

The Anvil just obliterates me. Shocks me everytime. Just super high.

If this scares you, remember you can just take it a half chamber at a time. I like the full chambers, but apparently I'm in the minority there.

stonedmallone

Yeah I'm looking to be put on another planet so that blank stare Jerry gives is what I'm looking for

Top Bottom