Anvil vs Vapcap Discussion

coolbreeze

I will say that the high is very cerebral for me. Feels like the high I get from volcano hybrid bags. It is certainly potent. I'm using around 25% less material co pared to when I use the Flowerpot.

The high is so different. For me the flowerpot is deeper. More physical. Like a feeling of static and being stuck to the couch, or wanting to lie down and take a nap.

The Anvil just obliterates me. Shocks me everytime. Just super high.

If this scares you, remember you can just take it a half chamber at a time. I like the full chambers, but apparently I'm in the minority there.
Thanks, this is a really useful comparison. The cerebral high sounds really attractive to me. In the lower realm, it sounds a lot like using a torch convection vape to get a nice, powerful, heady high and then finishing the evening off with a @VapCap blast for the deeper, get-ready-for-bed kinda conductionesque finish.

It's interesting that the Anvil is more convection-like than the FP. I know John's explained it as a convection vape, but its physical similarity to the DV and our resulting expectations makes it seem counter-intuitive, to indulge in the default false analogy.

With regards to the half-chamber: I think that this (and the 'copper cap') is where the Anvil and DV converge: these meet-in-the-middle mods and techniques make it possible for these two devices to compete yet be seen as part of a continuum.

Regarding the full chamber being too much, I think it's just that this is a very high capacity device and most people have more or less 'normal' use levels. On the other hand there are a bunch of folks who are looking for the next step up in medical relief. Both bowls are valuable for different kinds of usage. I've been 'smoking' pot every day for a very, very long time, and I recognize that long stretches of overuse effect my already poor sleep, so I try to reign in my usage and be cognizant of my limitations. A lower tolerance is efficient and for some more healthful, but it can make very powerful devices overwhelming. I can understand the appeal of both bowls.

Last edited:

RedZep

Thanks, this is a really useful comparison. The cerebral high sounds really attractive to me. In the lower realm, it sounds a lot like using a torch convection vape to get a nice, powerful, heady high and then finishing the evening off with a @VapCap blast for the deeper, get-ready-for-bed kinda conductionesque finish.

It's interesting that the Anvil is more convection-like than the FP. I know John's explained it as a convection vape, but its physical similarity to the DV and our resulting expectations makes it seem counter-intuitive, to indulge in the default false analogy.

With regards to the half-chamber: I think that this (and the 'copper cap') is where the Anvil and DV converge: these meet-in-the-middle mods and techniques make it possible for these two devices to compete yet be seen as part of a continuum.

Regarding the full chamber being too much, I think it's just that this is a very high capacity device and most people have more or less 'normal' use levels. On the other hand there are a bunch of folks who are looking for the next step up in medical relief. Both bowls are valuable for different kinds of usage. I've been 'smoking' pot every day for a very, very long time, and I recognize that long stretches of overuse effect my already poor sleep, so I try to reign in my usage and be cognizant of my limitations. A lower tolerance is efficient and for some more healthful, but it can make very powerful devices overwhelming. I can understand the appeal of both bowls.
Yeah I've been surprised by the high signature. And it's not strain differences, as I only have one strain right now, and I've been testing it back and forth between flowerpot and Anvil. It's just way different. FP seems best late evening before bed. Because Anvil is always "holy shit I'm high". Anvil can put me on the couch, but it's not couchlock where I feel stoned and heavy. It's just that I'm so high all I can do is sit still and blink like a mental patient.

I really want to try the alternative chamber John is working on. Apparently it tilts the device to heavy conduction. If different chambers give different high signatures, then it will be godly. Especially for us vape heads. Imagine swapping out your chamber type depending on the high you want. That's dream stuff.

I think some people also prefer the small chamber because it seems perfect to fill your lungs entirely. Where as the full chamber it fills your lungs twice. Some people will like that neat practicality. Just load up exactely one full lungs worth. This is a proper slow diagarapm full breath though. But it's just right I think.

I appreciate your points on vapes being too much if you want to manage resistance. During the week I have a much more sensible dose. But I get crazy as soon as Friday evening touches down. Either way the Anvil is cutting down my use already. Efficiency is notable. Really notable.

coolbreeze

It's just that I'm so high all I can do is sit still and blink like a mental patient.
Lol
Imagine swapping out your chamber type depending on the high you want. That's dream stuff.
Yes! This would be fantastic.
Either way the Anvil is cutting down my use already. Efficiency is notable. Really notable.
Ok, this is intriguing as well. Assuming you continue to feel the effects as strongly as now, I wonder if your weekends will lead to an actual reduction in the amount you consume? Can one good Anvil smack replace, say, three similarly-sized Brick bowls?

Which then makes me wonder where tolerance really lies: is it more a result of the strength of the hit, or is it a result purely of the amount consumed? If one Anvil smack makes you use a third less overall on a weekend day, does the same sized bowl hit even harder on, say, day three? I wonder if following that up with a week of normal usage in less powerful devices will actually raise your tolerance over the week because you've used a little more, just less effectively? Or am I tying myself up in pretzel logic?

Last edited:

RedZep

Lol

Yes! This would be fantastic.

Ok, this is intriguing as well. Assuming you continue to feel the effects as strongly as now, I wonder if your weekends will lead to an actual reduction in the amount you consume? Can one good Anvil smack replace, say, three similarly-sized Brick bowls?

Which then makes me wonder where tolerance really lies: is it more a result of the strength of the hit, or is it a result purely of the amount consumed? If one Anvil smack makes you use a third less overall on a weekend day, does the same sized bowl hit even harder on, say, day three? I wonder if following that up with a week of normal usage in less powerful devices will actually raise your tolerance over the week because you've used a little more, just less effectively? Or am I tying myself up in pretzel logic?
So my normal Friday after work dose is 0.5g on the flowerpot. I weigh it out as well so as to not creep up.

With the Anvil this Friday I weighed my 0.5g but i couldn't finish it. I weighed it after I was done (DONE) and there was still 0.15 left. And I simply would not like to get higher than I was.

So it's more efficient. As to why. Several variables to consider. First of all if just getting used to a vape. The thing is, I was always vaping 0.5 in my FP as soon as I bought it, because that was my usual Volcano Hybrid dose. So it can't be just this variable.

I think the Anvil is very efficient in that it seems to waste nothing. Also that it's level of extraction is very high. The AVB is just done. Throw it out. No point saving it. Cannabinoids have been completely extracted.

Maybe also the signature lends itself to using less bud? That would be a purely subjective thing though.

KindBuddyBud

but mostly because I'm a lightweight.
I've been heating at the top of the oven (the thin copper strip) and I get nice tasty (light-ish) cloud/s. I wasn't expecting it to be a micro-doser

That said, it would be a wonderful occasional interdimensional transport, say on weekends when my tolerance has crept up sufficiently that I could use it and have a pleasurable experience.
lol, and when that time comes, heat the copper block and blow your socks off. You'll wake up the next day and think to yourself, why are my socks over here?... oh yeah.
ex:
The Anvil just obliterates me.

Yeah I'm looking to be put on another planet so that blank stare Jerry gives is what I'm looking for
That happened to me after about my second bowl. This thing is nuts!

Texus

Agree that there is a unique high signature to the Anvil. One that I'm quite enjoying. Will need to think further on the differences for me between Anvil, CH B2 Baller, DV, VapBong/OAB and Q/C/Taroma.

Fun times.

I will also say that the Anvil to me feels like a spot on the spectrum of torch vapes. There are strong family resemblances in some of the high characteristics across the spectrum from Vapman to Dynavap to Sticky Brick to Anvil. But need to think about how best to describe them.

coolbreeze

I've been heating at the top of the oven (the thin copper strip) and I get nice tasty (light-ish) cloud/s. I wasn't expecting it to be a micro-doser
Thanks! Valuable indeed!
lol, and when that time comes, heat the copper block and blow your socks off. You'll wake up the next day and think to yourself, why are my socks over here?... oh yeah.
Yikes. I may need a guide...and a sock-management assistant.
That happened to me after about my second bowl. This thing is nuts!
...at the very least!

I will also say that the Anvil to me feels like a spot on the spectrum of torch vapes. There are strong family resemblances in some of the high characteristics across the spectrum from Vapman to Dynavap to Sticky Brick to Anvil. But need to think about how best to describe them.
Again, this is really interesting and will be very helpful.

Last edited:

Farid

Where the bowl size makes a difference IMO is when it comes to killing a Dynavap bowl in one heat cycle. I use tiny amounts loosely packed in the ti tip, and can easily kill them with one heat cycle. If I were to pack more that becomes a bit more difficult.

Which highlights what I think is the biggest difference between the two: heat up time. For what I do, the anvil would be overkill. It would take longer to heat up, but not have much of a benefit. Whereas if I was a heavier user, and unable to kill a Dynavap bowl in one load then the anvil would have more appeal.

For me, the Dynavap was a game changer in that it offered the ability to get a quick solid rip when time was short. Cigarette breaks, stepping outside at family gatherings, stepping outside the bar, those types of times. The types of hits that I could get from a log, but untethered.

The anvil seems to be more similar to the lotus' style of use, when I want a massive hit through a waterpipe, but have a little more time to setup and break down.

To me they fill two very different roles. The similarity in looks and design make them seem like there's a lot more crossover I suspect.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I've not used an anvil. But I use such a miniscule amount that it wouldn't really make sense for me to get one either.

RedZep

Where the bowl size makes a difference IMO is when it comes to killing a Dynavap bowl in one heat cycle. I use tiny amounts loosely packed in the ti tip, and can easily kill them with one heat cycle. If I were to pack more that becomes a bit more difficult.

Which highlights what I think is the biggest difference between the two: heat up time. For what I do, the anvil would be overkill. It would take longer to heat up, but not have much of a benefit. Whereas if I was a heavier user, and unable to kill a Dynavap bowl in one load then the anvil would have more appeal.

For me, the Dynavap was a game changer in that it offered the ability to get a quick solid rip when time was short. Cigarette breaks, stepping outside at family gatherings, stepping outside the bar, those types of times. The types of hits that I could get from a log, but untethered.

The anvil seems to be more similar to the lotus' style of use, when I want a massive hit through a waterpipe, but have a little more time to setup and break down.

To me they fill two very different roles. The similarity in looks and design make them seem like there's a lot more crossover I suspect.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I've not used an anvil. But I use such a miniscule amount that it wouldn't really make sense for me to get one either.
You can use the half chamber which is 0.06g - 0.07g. The question of if it suits you would depend on of you like to hit your dynavap until the bowl is done. If you literally use it a heat cycle at a time, and microdose like that, then I agree the Anvil would not suit you.

Farid

It's certainly done, I can get it completely black in one heat cycle if I want. The trick is just packing incredibly loose.

If I did use more, I'd consider the anvil for using at the desk, and keep the Dynavap for on the go. Avoiding the long cool down/heat up, and the ease of loading and blowing out the abv is the main reason. That and the ability to use an IH.

The anvil also seems like it'd be great for bringing places - the power of a desktop, but easy to pack up and bring to a friend's. Especially if you're trying to convert smokers who like to white wall glass.

mephisto

The Anvil has cut my med usage by 50%. I have never achieved the highness the Anvil provides with any VC product. The
Anvil is a one and done extractor for me. The half dose bowl and some well grown hemp are saving this old head's wallet and getting me 2x as high. No slam against the VC, I have fetished many. Its a
fine instrument. I did not realize how much active goodness I was NOT extracting until I got an Anvil.

RedZep

The Anvil has cut my med usage by 50%. I have never achieved the highness the Anvil provides with any VC product. The
Anvil is a one and done extractor for me. The half dose bowl and some well grown hemp are saving this old head's wallet and getting me 2x as high. No slam against the VC, I have fetished many. Its a
fine instrument. I did not realize how much active goodness I was NOT extracting until I got an Anvil.
My biggest wow factor has also been in efficiency, and potency. In using less (not subtle) and the high is just sublime. I bought it as a sidekick/back up device, but it demands more respect than that.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I think it took me a while to understand what the Anvil is (I don’t have one so I could be wrong here too); but now that I [think I] do I would say the two approach the vaporization from total opposite ends of the spectrum. While the Dyna with it’s thinner composition is primarily a conductive heat with incidental convection; the Anvil is primarily a convective heat with incidental conduction. Is that close?

If so, I don’t think a comparison is even valid; or at least not anymore so than to any other vape on the market because only form and external energy source are similar. Also, if accurate, makes me happy. I didn’t want to have to decide if I’m a ‘Dyna’ guy or an ‘Anvil’ guy; the different approaches and resulting different experiences mean they are totally separate categories which each deserve a spot on my VAS list :)

Gibbleguts

I think it took me a while to understand what the Anvil is (I don’t have one so I could be wrong here too); but now that I [think I] do I would say the two approach the vaporization from total opposite ends of the spectrum. While the Dyna with it’s thinner composition is primarily a conductive heat with incidental convection; the Anvil is primarily a convective heat with incidental conduction. Is that close?

If so, I don’t think a comparison is even valid; or at least not anymore so than to any other vape on the market because only form and external energy source are similar. Also, if accurate, makes me happy. I didn’t want to have to decide if I’m a ‘Dyna’ guy or an ‘Anvil’ guy; the different approaches and resulting different experiences mean they are totally separate categories which each deserve a spot on my VAS list :)
I think if you already have and use a dynavap as a main setup you will use it less with an anvil as well but think many people will still use both. I personally never really fell in love with the dynavap but think that because I wanted it to be an anvil. If you already like the dynas they are still great.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

Amen ,bro ! This is what most of the people that think Anvil has much to do with a dynavap are not getting... Totally different technology and philosophy . To me dynavap is just a simple one hitter with a cap and a carbhole (which i must say is pretty annoying to have). While the anvil is one of those vapes where you drop the bowl into the heating core. Yeah they both click but so does my old school furnace when it gets up to temp and many other appliances ,bi-metalic thermostat is not a DV invention,they were just the first to implement it in a vaporizer.How about the first vape that had a temp read (Probably A.P.E halogen vaporizer,which also had PID like 14-15 years ago,first review on the forum is from 2008 ),should anything after that be considered a rip off of that Tech ?

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

I would love an Anvil but it would have to be a home only vape for me.
I vape on the go more than I do at home, and titanium is perfect for that.
My titanium DV has become an indispensable part of my life. The problems that others have with DV, I just don't have.
-it can choke me out and get me as medicated as I could ever want to be. I've gotten ridiculously stoned off of it. I can RTL and easily get near-black avb with no combustion if I want to.
-Or I can get good flavor if I keep it clean and heat low and slow like the Vapman.
-no harsh vapor for me because I have the Simrell vortex stem.
-incredibly efficient with your herb. Everyone used to marvel at how efficient the DV is back when it was new. Well it still is.

The Anvil I know would be amazing too and better in some ways, but I'm so satisfied with the level of medication provided by my DV that I really don't give a shit.
Tuthfully though if I had more money and more time, the Anvil would be #1 on my VAS list.

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

I would love an Anvil but it would have to be a home only vape for me.
I vape on the go more than I do at home, and titanium is perfect for that.
My titanium DV has become an indispensable part of my life. The problems that others have with DV, I just don't have.
-it can choke me out and get me as medicated as I could ever want to be. I've gotten ridiculously stoned off of it. I can RTL and easily get near-black avb with no combustion if I want to.
-Or I can get good flavor if I keep it clean and heat low and slow like the Vapman.
-no harsh vapor for me because I have the Simrell vortex stem.
-incredibly efficient with your herb. Everyone used to marvel at how efficient the DV is back when it was new. Well it still is.

The Anvil I know would be amazing too and better in some ways, but I'm so satisfied with the level of medication provided by my DV that I really don't give a shit.
Tuthfully though if I had more money and more time, the Anvil would be #1 on my VAS list.
Very cool...you are master of the Dynaverse...I have been at it for a year and a half...collected a few Dynavaps.....still not that good at it
only SS tips for me...I am not sure where they stand for me right now...they were my DD....

Mya Moe guy

A couple of months ago I purchased 2, 2020 M’s , a Titanium tip, low temp cap, and glass stem. For years I used a one hitter/ dugout as my main way to get happy till I bought a Solo which I also like very much. I’m still getting use to the DV’s but I am quite happy with them. I feel the DV’s replicate my one hitter experience very closely. I also bought a multiple torches and induction heater to use with the DV’s. Not sure I would buy an anvil at this point be cause I have enough vape gear to satisfy all of my vaping needs. I do like using the half bowl setting and a single flame torch for a great tasty hit in spite of it taking 10 or more seconds to click. I have learned a bunch of insight from this forum.

Top Bottom