Anvil by Vestratto

Duba

Accessory Maker
The usa kit with adjustable airflow gives many options from the market.
I like to use the Simrell stem but with this @Aezhenn pipe lined with a 11mm od glass tube, it's awesome!
Cheers!
IMG-20240401-100058.jpg

AndyO

The usa kit with adjustable airflow gives many options from the market.
I like to use the Simrell stem but with this @Aezhenn pipe lined with a 11mm od glass tube, it's awesome!
Cheers!
IMG-20240401-100058.jpg

That's the exact pipe that I want! I can't find it anywhere!

AndyO,
Reactions: Aezhenn

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I find the USA to have the most airflow now that i finally started using one since the Simrell stems
What I am trying to figure out is (ignoring airports) which cap stem/usa can be closed off the most to have the MOST restricted airflow. I thought the integrated stems closed position was 3 small holes where the USA has no small holes - where as the WPA was completely open?

The Simrell stem allows you to add air into the stem to mix with the vapour to cool it but that's not what I am taking about. When you close the airport, does the USA - when the airflow is set to closed - have more or less restriction - as compared to the Integrated Stem setup?

Off topic - but only because it was raised - I don't really like the Simrell MVS setup (but I do like the Vortex) the mouthpiece can get to hot when using something with a longer heat retention than a Dynavap tip and doing a couple of bowls - but each to there own.

I would love to find a good wooden stem with either a mouthpiece that's either isolated from the airpath or thick enough to provide adequate insulation.

Jojofernz

Off topic - but only because it was raised - I don't really like the Simrell MVS setup (but I do like the Vortex) the mouthpiece can get to hot when using something with a longer heat retention than a Dynavap tip and doing a couple of bowls - but each to there own.

I would love to find a good wooden stem with either a mouthpiece that's either isolated from the airpath or thick enough to provide adequate insulation.
They have wood MVS with wood mouthpieces. That’s what I’ve used on my anvil and works great the MP doesn’t get hot
IMG-4597.jpg

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I got the USA kit with Thermacore oven and an XL stem this weekend. Having a blast testing them out and playing legos with DV stems/mouthpieces.

I definitely appreciate the TC oven allowing more time to enjoy more hits. But I am not used to having to hold the torch for so long, definitely a much longer wait time.

I was very confused about difference in what the USA kit had plus the difference between the two ovens, so here are a few pics comparing the two, in case it helps others.
Obviously, my original Anvil has been used a lot more, as you can see by the coloring.

IMG-4849.jpg

IMG-4850.jpg

As you can see, I used the Thermacore Oven a few times, but still looking pretty.
Question - is the Thermacore oven polished vs Dermacore being brushed or is that just because I haven’t used it enough yet?
IMG-4855.jpg

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I put .08 in the large and medium bowls. Worked perfect. Made a little plug of AVB.

DAVID
Do same amounts perform similarly in both bowls for you?

I’ve now got 2 diff ovens and 3 bowl sizes… if I get myself into test mode, I will never get out 😂
If I need to add in diff amounts for each size? Too many variables :science::cool::p:rolleyes::ugh:🤯

condition

I got the USA kit with Thermacore oven and an XL stem this weekend. Having a blast testing them out and playing legos with DV stems/mouthpieces.

I definitely appreciate the TC oven allowing more time to enjoy more hits. But I am not used to having to hold the torch for so long, definitely a much longer wait time.

I was very confused about difference in what the USA kit had plus the difference between the two ovens, so here are a few pics comparing the two, in case it helps others.
Obviously, my original Anvil has been used a lot more, as you can see by the coloring.

IMG-4849.jpg

IMG-4850.jpg

As you can see, I used the Thermacore Oven a few times, but still looking pretty.
Question - is the Thermacore oven polished vs Dermacore being brushed or is that just because I haven’t used it enough yet?
IMG-4855.jpg
Nice photos! I think you should soak in vinegar the thermacore oven.

condition,

dudeguy

Welp... I looked at every bigger EU online vape store and there are no Thermocore WPA sets available anywhere. Guess I have to wait a little longer :ugh:

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep

IMG-4849.jpg

IMG-4850.jpg

IMG-4855.jpg
The ThermoCore is indeed polished

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Happy Monday guys, I am still waiting for the forge release near 420 :myday: I even bought Milwaukee batteries and a charger already...

In the meantime I have been enjoying my A7XL :rofl: Anyone else try this out? It is a nice combo. :science:

PXL-20240325-161245142.jpg
Does the mouthpiece get warm at all during use with the Anvil?

Still getting bizarre spontaneous combustion events on my Anvil but I talked to the guy that sold it (a aussie reseller) and he mentioned there was some problems with some bowls about the time I bought the Anvil... I'm guessing I have a dud and it didn't really matter until I used the ThermoCore oven.

VapingYogi,

AndyO

They have wood MVS with wood mouthpieces. That’s what I’ve used on my anvil and works great the MP doesn’t get hot
IMG-4597.jpg

The Simrell website confuses the hell out of me, it's such a rubbish site. What did you select to get that stem?

I'm keen for more ideas on how to use the Anvil, I can't believe how much I love this device.

For the first few days I used it out of the bag, then for the next few days I used the XL mouthpiece.

I've spent the last week using it with a Revolve (gen 2) stem, and the last 2 days using it with a WPA in my mega globe 2.

What other fun ways are there to use it so I can keep the magic rolling?

AndyO,
Reactions: Jill NYC

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The Simrell website confuses the hell out of me, it's such a rubbish site. What did you select to get that stem?

I'm keen for more ideas on how to use the Anvil, I can't believe how much I love this device.

For the first few days I used it out of the bag, then for the next few days I used the XL mouthpiece.

I've spent the last week using it with a Revolve (gen 2) stem, and the last 2 days using it with a WPA in my mega globe 2.

What other fun ways are there to use it so I can keep the magic rolling?
Isn't that a bog oak wooden stem on a MVS with what looks like a bog oak stinger mouthpiece - which I haven't seen before - but which would be amazing from a heat insulation perspective which is the biggest weakness of the MVS I have as the mouthpiece gets hot when using something like the Anvil.

My favorite way to use my Anvil was in the Sherlock j-hook back in the day

Sidoney

My Revolve Gen 2 stem with glass arrived today and I don't think I've tasted smoother vapor.

I've hit plenty of different vapes through water and it can be smooth af. But this stem allows me to hit it natively and have it still be the smoothest ever. I don't understand how it's so good!

Honestly what a pairing the Anvil with the Revolve stem

Alligator427

Does the mouthpiece get warm at all during use with the Anvil?

Still getting bizarre spontaneous combustion events on my Anvil but I talked to the guy that sold it (a aussie reseller) and he mentioned there was some problems with some bowls about the time I bought the Anvil... I'm guessing I have a dud and it didn't really matter until I used the ThermoCore oven.
Anvil in nativ way is quite hot. I preffer far away to use it with bubbler or with sherlock.
The problem of the "click" time come sometime from the way you heat it, sometime also because it is not enough screw (bad contact with oven for thermal transfer). Sometime the "click" sound is low and you have to be carefull to hear it.

Alligator427,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Isn't that a bog oak wooden stem on a MVS with what looks like a bog oak stinger mouthpiece - which I haven't seen before - but which would be amazing from a heat insulation perspective which is the biggest weakness of the MVS I have as the mouthpiece gets hot when using something like the Anvil.

My favorite way to use my Anvil was in the Sherlock j-hook back in the day
I feel like your weed may be super dry. From the videos i saw everything seems to work n click at the right time. If the chamber were a dud it would have the same issue with your older oven. You are getting around a 35-40 sec click ( which seems pretty normal), once you get down to 30 sec or lower you're going to run the chance of combustion. This tells me your weed may be drier and will then need less heat. Another thing i noticed is you puff on your device natively as opposed to one long inhale which, puffing on it may be keeping the oven hotter as opposed to cooling it off quicker with one long inhale?

Ive tried replicating your video (35-40sec click) in the discord and i get nice light brown abv (too light for me) so thats why i feel like your herb may be dry. Weed humidity is one variable i know we have for sure. Everything else from the videos looks to be normal. Do you know how dry your herb is? Have you tried adding some humidity back. I dont think i got a response from you last time on the discord about the flower being dry. It honestly sounds like too much heat for dry weed. I recall you saying you had issues with the XL chamber as well and thats why you don't use it so i don't think its a dud chamber. Both dry weed and the XL chamber will need less heat than the regular chamber/stickier weed. You use a very tiny flame when heating and thats my biggest red flag when u say its combusting, with a tiny flame like that it would be really hard to have "too much heat" unless the flower too dry.

im like 95% sure the weed is too dry
What I am trying to figure out is (ignoring airports) which cap stem/usa can be closed off the most to have the MOST restricted airflow. I thought the integrated stems closed position was 3 small holes where the USA has no small holes - where as the WPA was completely open?

The Simrell stem allows you to add air into the stem to mix with the vapour to cool it but that's not what I am taking about. When you close the airport, does the USA - when the airflow is set to closed - have more or less restriction - as compared to the Integrated Stem setup?

Oh i know, i wasnt using it with the airport open. I was just saying i never used the USA before but now that i have a stem i finally got the chance to try/test it out and noticed it has the most airflow out of all the units.

most restricted to most open:

1. OG Anvil air valve (My fav)
2. Integrated stem
3. WPA
4. USA

Also i do notice the MP does get a bit warm

btka

IMG-4849.jpg

IMG-4850.jpg

IMG-4855.jpg
Which stem do you use with your USA kit?
Do you like the USA kit more or the anvil kit? What are differences between this two? How cool is vapor with both stems (USA vs anvil)?

btka,

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
I feel like your weed may be super dry. From the videos i saw everything seems to work n click at the right time. If the chamber were a dud it would have the same issue with your older oven. You are getting around a 35-40 sec click ( which seems pretty normal), once you get down to 30 sec or lower you're going to run the chance of combustion. This tells me your weed may be drier and will then need less heat. Another thing i noticed is you puff on your device natively as opposed to one long inhale which, puffing on it may be keeping the oven hotter as opposed to cooling it off quicker with one long inhale?

Ive tried replicating your video (35-40sec click) in the discord and i get nice light brown abv (too light for me) so thats why i feel like your herb may be dry. Weed humidity is one variable i know we have for sure. Everything else from the videos looks to be normal. Do you know how dry your herb is? Have you tried adding some humidity back. I dont think i got a response from you last time on the discord about the flower being dry. It honestly sounds like too much heat for dry weed. I recall you saying you had issues with the XL chamber as well and thats why you don't use it so i don't think its a dud chamber. Both dry weed and the XL chamber will need less heat than the regular chamber/stickier weed. You use a very tiny flame when heating and thats my biggest red flag when u say its combusting, with a tiny flame like that it would be really hard to have "too much heat" unless the flower too dry.

im like 95% sure the weed is too dry

Oh i know, i wasnt using it with the airport open. I was just saying i never used the USA before but now that i have a stem i finally got the chance to try/test it out and noticed it has the most airflow out of all the units.

most restricted to most open:

1. OG Anvil air valve (My fav)
2. Integrated stem
3. WPA
4. USA

Also i do notice the MP does get a bit warm
Brother M, I'm still rocking with the OG, but the enticement of an improved experience with the new oven and most importantly an induction heater designed for the device....I am waiting impatiently for 4/20. Cheers!

Old_muel

The orings on my anvil WPA are worn out they're all saggy n stretched & have become useless, I can't remember does it come with spares that I might have stashed somewhere? Also does anyone know the size & type so I might be able to order some new ones from somewhere? Thanks

Old_muel,
Top Bottom