Anvil by Vestratto

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I am still learning how to heat the new oven....its completely diff from the old ones....
I have noticed, the lag when heating the battery is quite long on the new ovens
So I went through the box and found that the bangers actually work as a cup for the anville.

If you look at the two pics (you can swipe) you can see that I still need to build a support system as the bottom will stick out far.

Nevertheless it works, it heats the thing right up to the line and gives big massive clouds and it is very satisfying.
The Tempest wand adapter fits the Anvil as well perfectly, I have used it a few times and works well

VapingYogi,

AndyO

I'm hoping to get some urgent help!

My Anvil has shown up in the mail today. I didn't realise it didn't come with instructions, nor that they hadn't bothered with instructional youtube videos.

Is there any part of the Anvil that can't go in iso like the DV cap? Or is it ok to give it all a bath before using it?

AndyO,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

My Anvil has shown up in the mail today. I didn't realise it didn't come with instructions, nor that they hadn't bothered with instructional youtube videos.

Is there any part of the Anvil that can't go in iso like the DV cap? Or is it ok to give it all a bath before using it?
you know I never asked that question and just iso bathed the whole thing when I got it... my condenser o-rings are ruined but that could be for any number of reasons... it still works :) if that helps

AndyO

Goddamn. I had my first go at the Anvil this afternoon, I've had a few bowls over the last few hours... I'm a mess. I totally get it now. Expensive? Yeah, but this extraction is next level, and that first cloud is to die for.

In hindsight, I probably didn't need the native Anvil stem, I should probably have bought it with the USA. I've been loving my Revolve stem over the last couple of months since I got it, and having coughed my guts up on my last Anvil bowl I'm looking forward to my USA getting here to try the tip with the Revolve. Also, I imagine the USA will fit my Dynavap bubbler adapter. So I didn't need the stem... but I guess as a VAS suffering completist who only bought this because I wanted it before Australian stores ran out of stock, it's nice to have.

I also didn't need the case, I wish I'd known that the Reload works with the Anvil (in terms of size and magnet strength), but I guess it's nice to be able to take out of the house. (I guess it would fit a Slingstash, but that's relying on silicone to open a hot oven rather than a magnet.)

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Goddamn. I had my first go at the Anvil this afternoon, I've had a few bowls over the last few hours... I'm a mess. I totally get it now. Expensive? Yeah, but this extraction is next level, and that first cloud is to die for.

In hindsight, I probably didn't need the native Anvil stem, I should probably have bought it with the USA. I've been loving my Revolve stem over the last couple of months since I got it, and having coughed my guts up on my last Anvil bowl I'm looking forward to my USA getting here to try the tip with the Revolve. Also, I imagine the USA will fit my Dynavap bubbler adapter. So I didn't need the stem... but I guess as a VAS suffering completist who only bought this because I wanted it before Australian stores ran out of stock, it's nice to have.

I also didn't need the case, I wish I'd known that the Reload works with the Anvil (in terms of size and magnet strength), but I guess it's nice to be able to take out of the house. (I guess it would fit a Slingstash, but that's relying on silicone to open a hot oven rather than a magnet.)
honestly imo the Vestratto case is good, I actually like it with the XL cap. Did you get the XL mouthpeice? the balance it add is great.

AndyO

honestly imo the Vestratto case is good, I actually like it with the XL cap. Did you get the XL mouthpeice? the balance it add is great.

I did get the XL, yes - I haven't actually used it with the stock mouthpiece yet, I should probably give it a go.

AndyO,

condition

Anvil's case (with XL MP) is the best and more practical case, I have ever seen on a vaporizer. Combat and durable, can be stored hot after use.

@AndyO Regarding ISO bathing, I stick a tape on the flat surface of the cap, so ISO does not reach the clicker. However it may not be necessary, as the Anvil is extremely durable and made to last. I have ordered replacement o-rings two years ago, and haven't used any yet.

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Happy Monday guys, I am still waiting for the forge release near 420 :myday: I even bought Milwaukee batteries and a charger already...

In the meantime I have been enjoying my A7XL :rofl: Anyone else try this out? It is a nice combo. :science:

PXL-20240325-161245142.jpg

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep

The only o-ring i would remove when soaking is the one on the heatshield, all other o-rings are made of viton and iso safe

AndyO

Anvil's case (with XL MP) is the best and more practical case, I have ever seen on a vaporizer. Combat and durable, can be stored hot after use.

If nothing else, it looks really classic and beautiful. It's what's struck me about the Anvil as a device actually, is how damn pretty it is.

Woke up this morning with a bongover thanks to the Anvil, that hasn't happened in ages.

AndyO

Sorry to bother you all with another question.

At the moment I'm just running with the normal bowl, and while I'm getting mega extractions, the ABV is nowhere near as dark as it is after using a Dynavap. I mean, it's fine - but I feel like the weed has more to give.

Is it just a matter of heating past the click?

And do bowl sizes matter? I had been planning to get the double-sized bowl, but considering the efficiency of extraction and getting most out of your weed, I wonder if I'm not better off getting a half bowl?

bobothevaper

At the moment I'm just running with the normal bowl, and while I'm getting mega extractions, the ABV is nowhere near as dark as it is after using a Dynavap. I mean, it's fine - but I feel like the weed has more to give.

And do bowl sizes matter? I had been planning to get the double-sized bowl, but considering the efficiency of extraction and getting most out of your weed, I wonder if I'm not better off getting a half bowl?
I think you emphasize too much on the color of the avb. There shouldn’t be anything left in the herb even if it is not dark as Dynas.

They also work differently as Dynas heat the herb via conduction while the anvil is convection. Maybe that’s why Dynas leaves the material so black.

Imo the perfect (V)estretto should be coffee brown.

You can definitely get blacker avb with the anvil if you just ride the line but that’s not as pleasant to me personally as it will taste worse.

Regarding bowlsize the bigger the bowl the bigger the amount of vapor is.

On my rig I get to milk it and clear it four times with a full bowl before it’s empty. I will get twice as many milks if I double the bowl size.

I hope my ramblings can help. All the best.

BreadStick

Where do you aim your torch on the anvil when you're heating?
What size flame does your torch have?

These are 2 questions with answers that will determine how dark your avb will get if you heat until the click. If you want to push the avb darker try heating lower on the copper ring. If you're already at the bottom of the ring then either try make the flame bigger or get a bigger torch. You shouldn't have to heat past the click.
I was able to regularly push my avb as close to black as possible with a kitchen torch by heating the top portion of the copper ring until the first click. This heating technique was quite aggressive so the 2nd click would happen after I stopped torching. If I tried using the Vapman torch I have to heat the middle of the copper ring where it dips in until the second click if I wanted a similar extraction.

I tried the XL bowl and wasn't a huge fan tbh. It was harder to get as even a roast on the XL bowl but if you really want the extra ~0.05g of herb in your bowl it's worthwhile. I haven't tried the half bowl but I've read really good things about it here, I imagine it'd be easier to get a more even and efficient extraction but cannot say.

Last edited:

Ganjora

had an anvil since they 1st came out.
as i recall the 1st batch were given to the testers, and i got from the next batch. in other words the 1st batch you had to pay for.
the point is that i have washed everything aside from the shield in iso since then with zero problems so far.
i also bought a spare set of spare o-rings when i got the anvil, they are untouched (i have replaced the shield's o-ring once with a cheap local one)
got a TM2, a B2 and many dyna's.
the anvil wins the reach test.

Comfortably Numb

had an anvil since they 1st came out.
as i recall the 1st batch were given to the testers, and i got from the next batch. in other words the 1st batch you had to pay for.
the point is that i have washed everything aside from the shield in iso since then with zero problems so far.
i also bought a spare set of spare o-rings when i got the anvil, they are untouched (i have replaced the shield's o-ring once with a cheap local one)
got a TM2, a B2 and many dyna's.
the anvil wins the reach test.
Same here...when Vestratto offered a jumbo size o-ring package I ordered one....and have not yet replaced any o-rings.

David Root

The small bowl has the most mass (metal) . The XL bowl has the least and weighs the least. I find the bigger bowl comes out darker with similar heat.

I can get as dark as I want with respecting the click by different torches or flames with any bowl.

Bigger flame = quicker heat up & darker roast.

condition

If I use the Anvil natively with the large MP, I heat it up to the second click.
To maintain the same roach, if I use it the WPA loaded to the prophet dry rig, I warm up till the first click.
So it really depends on how you are using it (natively, attached to a bong or using WPA).
After that, it is all depending on the firepower, i.e. small flame, large flame or using the outer flame etc.
Better using a only one torch and a fixed way of using (i,e, natively) it and experiment on the flame, from there.

In general, if I finish half bowl in one single draw, the roach is perfectly even.
From the second draw and/or third, usually on the full bowl, the roast is somehow uneven, and the closest to the base of the cap, the more dark ABV. Therefore, I usually reach the half bowl, and try to finish in one draw :myday::rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Butane Torches: What torches are you using for the Anvil? I apparently the ones I have are either... too small... or too big.

I heat the device until the first click, I remove the heat, I wait a few seconds and "click" - the second one goes off... sometimes, the next thing I notice is the smell of smoke...

This is only since I got the ThermoCore and have started to try and use it with the butane torches I have, previously, I had only used the ThermoCore with an Induction Heater (the Wand)... so I'm trying to find the right butane torch to fix the tools part of this problem...

... the problem between human and device is going to take a bit longer to fix

VapingYogi,

SockPuppetTheatrics

Butane Torches: What torches are you using for the Anvil? I apparently the ones I have are either... too small... or too big.

I heat the device until the first click, I remove the heat, I wait a few seconds and "click" - the second one goes off... sometimes, the next thing I notice is the smell of smoke...

This is only since I got the ThermoCore and have started to try and use it with the butane torches I have, previously, I had only used the ThermoCore with an Induction Heater (the Wand)... so I'm trying to find the right butane torch to fix the tools part of this problem...

I've been using a Blazer Firefox turned down pretty low and get what I would consider a light-ish medium going exactly to the second click; I'm keeiping the inner flame about 1cm away from the point just above the battery.

coolbreeze

Large Eagle or Blazer PB207 turned up and pointed at the gap as described above. for a full darkish medium roast. I've only combusted heating with the Inductor and usually through water; still not quite sure how to fix that.

dudeguy

Hi everyone, if I want a conduction leaning vape the Anvil is probably the best vape on the market right now? I was heavily considering the Tempest before but it probably has zero conduction and seems a nightmare to clean (dirty balls). If I go with the XL bowl do I have to fill it up or does it work with less too?

coolbreeze

Hi everyone, if I want a conduction leaning vape the Anvil is probably the best vape on the market right now?
It's really good. The Thermal Accumulators are also fantastic but I think the Anvil is easier in that the results are more repeatable where the TA needs a bit of technique. Also, it works really well with a pocket torch and the other heavies usually want more heat. Also they stay clean. But I think they're very convection-leaning with some conduction.
I was heavily considering the Tempest before but it probably has zero conduction and seems a nightmare to clean (dirty balls). If I go with the XL bowl do I have to fill it up or does it work with less too?
It should work with less too but I haven't really tried it with significantly less, just a lighter pack really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom