Anvil by Vestratto

jbm

I wasn't meaning to suggest anything about your specific situation mate, I was just recalling that I don't remember there being a warranty on the product at all and, in all honesty, in Australia you kind of get used to the fact that once its touched cannabis all warranties are void because of using illicit material (even those its prescribed). So I have a different perspective and the fact that they eventually replaced it is a win...

I would not be celebrating how long it took, I like you would be a little... I don't know disappointed.
I’m not the OP. I have an anvil and have had no issues with the device itself. I have had other CS issues with Vestratto which I won’t go into here.

Last edited:
jbm,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I’m not the OP. I have an anvil and have had no issues with the device. I have had other CS issues with Vestratto which I won’t go into here.
Being transparent, it took me about a month to get a response to a CS issue I raised so I get it.

apologies for misreading who wrote the post

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Datoneguy

Datoneguy

I am sorry that you have been unlucky. And I think Vestratto has been generous in replacing your oven more than a year after purchase, but that's just another opinion.
I'm actually with you on that and I'm sorry if I've come across like that's not the case. I've honestly failed in my prior post if it came off as negative and like I'm hating on Vestratto. I'm attempting to do the opposite and I guess by pointing out email response times can be inconsistent, it has come across as me just trashing them. I'm actually quite satisfied with the vape and the fact they helped me out, genuinely. I only brought up the other stuff becasue I thought maybe it'd actually be useful in some way, but I guess it maybe is coming across like a passive agressive jab. Idk, I tried my hardest to keep it positive, but i delved into that negative because I genuinely thought maybe that aspect of things can be helped. I've seen negative sentiment about vestratto cs from others on reddit these last few months too, so that made me realize it's not just me, so I wanted try to do anyting i could to help the overall process on both sides of the equation, I thought it'd be my way to try to help out in some way. But I'm geting the feeling I did not in fact come off that way, so that's a bit of a downer.

@VapingYogi I'm gonna attempt to not go into the details too much further, but I do want to say that there were issues with customs and things got deleyed slightly because of that. I don't know the exact dates, but after I sent it to them, it got back to me likely 6-8 weeks, maybe a little less, and that's with the delay in customs. That's a wait but it was less than 3 months. The part that took more time and effort that needed was messaging them to get to the point of being able to ship it to them. That part took 4-6 weeks. That's the part I'm trying to help with. Also, I'm sorry I'm not specific on timeframes there, i have too many things on my plate atm to hash out every detail. But I do want to at least say shipping it to them and getting it back wasn't too bad, definely not 3 months bad.

But also, I'm just kind of over it, at some point I just stopped caring about timeframes and put it in the back of my mind and let the process take it's course, and I was much happier for approaching it that way. I could complain and get caught up in the whole thing as some sort of negative experience, but honestly, at the end of the day I got my Anvil back in working conditition and I can't see a reason to be bothered about that. I had other vapes to keep me company and learned all sorts of techniques with them in the meantime, well worth it. Again, love the Anvil. Awesome vape. Thanks to Vestratto for helping me out. And i'll leave it there, sorry if I did come across as bashing Vestratto in my prior post, wasn't my intention but I could see it coming across like it was. So i'm just gonna bow out from here before igniting any more negativity towards the vape. It's a great one, I'm gonna go enjoy mine and I hope you guys enjoy yours too. Peace

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@VapingYogi I'm gonna attempt to not go into the details too much further, but I do want to say that there were issues with customs and things got deleyed slightly because of that. I don't know the exact dates, but after I sent it to them, it got back to me likely 6-8 weeks, maybe a little less, and that's with the delay in customs. That's a wait but it was less than 3 months. The part that took more time and effort that needed was messaging them to get to the point of being able to ship it to them. That part took 4-6 weeks. That's the part I'm trying to help with. Also, I'm sorry I'm not specific on timeframes there, i have too many things on my plate atm to hash out every detail. But I do want to at least say shipping it to them and getting it back wasn't too bad, definely not 3 months bad.
I get it, not to bad but... alot.

I'm just kind of over it, at some point I just stopped caring about timeframes and put it in the back of my mind and let the process take it's course, and I was much happier for approaching it that way.
this is awesome mate, that's the best way to be and I am happy you got a positive outcome

@Datoneguy

Actually, that reminds me, Vestratto have been moving from one manufacturing location to another over the last few months so during that time they were hard to contact, they have been in a new place for a while now, but not that long - maybe 2 weeks, so it makes sense that things are being sorted out now, as they are starting to have there backlog of orders processed.

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: Datoneguy

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
There is no warranty, you have to rely on their/his good will if you have a problem and how much does this thing cost, there’s better vape companies to spend your resource, imo. :2c:
Its not the cheapest vape that is for sure, but the reality is that a lot of people really like the way it works and I know a few who finally gave up combustion as a result of getting an Anvil and you have to give them a little slack over the last few months because they were moving manufacturing locations which can really shake things up and maintaining proper customer service during a move like that is not easy.

but as I said I am not really across the issues that people are talking abouts so I might educate myself and have a read through

VapingYogi,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

bhasma

Vestratto's website clearly states:
Please inspect your order upon receipt and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you received the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. We do not accept returns or exchange used product.

If the device is not defective on arrival it is very unlikely that faults will spontaneously appear in the solid metal at a later time. So if scratches are found more than 12 months after purchase I don't think Vestratto has any obligation to replace the used parts for free. And the price of the item makes no difference. Does any company provide free insurance against user error? If you bought a car and after a year some scratches suddenly appeared I doubt that new parts would be supplied at no cost.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Vestratto's website clearly states:
Please inspect your order upon receipt and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you received the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. We do not accept returns or exchange used product.
That’s the sort of thing I’d expect. A lot of things in this industry especially in Australia is that way, that is once it’s used, you can’t return it.

Regardless, the guy got a replacement which I wouldn’t have expected, so good result in this case at least.

Midnight Toker

That is not a drug, it’s a plant.....
I got the VHB 3D 3S induction heater and as others said, it works as intended, it is reliable and the herb gets warmed evenly. 3 batteries last for very long and the smell is less than using butane torch. Large size and you have to keep button pressed. I use it for weeks and the ABV is always the same, just draw after the second click. I think it is superior to the Wand as a Dynavap IH also.
Man I've been trying to get one for the longest time and the website constantly shows they're sold out. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get it?

Midnight Toker,
Reactions: condition

condition

Man I've been trying to get one for the longest time and the website constantly shows they're sold out. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get it?
Hi, I ordered it from the website and waited for my turn with the long manufacturing process by a 3D printer. The wait was worth it, as I found it excellent for Anvil and Dynavap as well, using the included rubber spacer. I haven't touched the Wand since I received it.

Also there is a lot less smell by heating with it instead of a butane lighter, if that is of interest

Last edited:

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
PXL-20231112-150248619.jpg

1 year and over 1000 bowls later, she is still going as strong as day one without fail :bowdown:and will for many years to come I suspect!

I have found myself preferring native use over water overall, in my experience it seems I loose out on potency and flavor :borg: But the WPA anvil does find its way out when I have company around, as its far easier to let someone handle a bong for the first go than the hot anvil itself. People are used to pulling bowls, and thats what I have found when getting people to convert.

Happy vaping :science::peace:

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
I have had mine a little longer...figure I am close 4000 bowls and still looks great and performs like the first time I vaped in it.

Have a preference to a j hook with it. Just a wonderful vape that delivers every time!

Billazoot

I’ve been messing around with my Anvil, and I’ve found a method to get a lot closer to pure convection and reduce the conduction in the signature.

It’s actually the same technique used by supreme owners to bias convection, a vape that the Anvil is much closer to than any of the other vapes I’ve tried. OG’s will know!

So load your bowl, and keep it out of the oven. What you then do, is heat the thermal battery with the oven empty. You’ll have to heat a bit longer than normal, and obviously not have a heating indicator with the click. So you’ll have to time it or go by feel.

Insert the bowl when you’re somewhere around the right temperature and start drawing.

It’s noticeably more convection dominant, and you still get a full roast as the radiant heat will still creep in as you draw. It just seems to creep in later and allows more time for the psychoactives to be extracted by convection than radiant conduction.

The resulting high is more convection feeling, too. I will warn this takes a fair bit of trial and error to get the timing right. It’s also more effort than hitting as designed. It’s a good bit of fun though

RxPlorer

I’ve been messing around with my Anvil, and I’ve found a method to get a lot closer to pure convection and reduce the conduction in the signature.

It’s actually the same technique used by supreme owners to bias convection, a vape that the Anvil is much closer to than any of the other vapes I’ve tried. OG’s will know!

So load your bowl, and keep it out of the oven. What you then do, is heat the thermal battery with the oven empty. You’ll have to heat a bit longer than normal, and obviously not have a heating indicator with the click. So you’ll have to time it or go by feel.

Insert the bowl when you’re somewhere around the right temperature and start drawing.

It’s noticeably more convection dominant, and you still get a full roast as the radiant heat will still creep in as you draw. It just seems to creep in later and allows more time for the psychoactives to be extracted by convection than radiant conduction.

The resulting high is more convection feeling, too. I will warn this takes a fair bit of trial and error to get the timing right. It’s also more effort than hitting as designed. It’s a good bit of fun though
I would definitely earn a few new scars if I tried this

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
Yeah man, a magnet is highly recommended if you don’t want it to end badly.

Never do this with your bare hands! I accept no responsibility for any injuries incurred as a result of attempting this technique :lol:
Wowie.. normally 40 seconds at the thermal battery with the ronxs inner blue flame set to the length of the oven gets me two clicks and RTL (indoors).

I did the same torch config, but hit the thermal battery without the bowl for 60 seconds (beware, if you have a not so clean anvil it will start to produce vapour out of the top)
Then I took the hot anvil and loaded the cold bowl using the Simrell pedestal stand.
The results were as described above, a thick cloud of what i could only taste and feel as convection vapour! Astounding:rockon:! It poured out just like it normally does... and my bowl clicked twice mid way through the hit. :sherlock::science: Thank you for the tips Billazoot.

Billazoot

Wowie.. normally 40 seconds at the thermal battery with the ronxs inner blue flame set to the length of the oven gets me two clicks and RTL (indoors).

I did the same torch config, but hit the thermal battery without the bowl for 60 seconds (beware, if you have a not so clean anvil it will start to produce vapour out of the top)
Then I took the hot anvil and loaded the cold bowl using the Simrell pedestal stand.
The results were as described above, a thick cloud of what i could only taste and feel as convection vapour! Astounding:rockon:! It poured out just like it normally does... and my bowl clicked twice mid way through the hit. :sherlock::science: Thank you for the tips Billazoot.
Glad you like it man :D

It came to me when I got my anvil - I quickly realised it’s a lot like a miniaturised supreme. Thought to myself “if it hits like a supreme I wonder if the convection trick would work”

Turns out it works just fine!

Cannabiker

Wow, that's about the best hit I've ever gotten out of an Anvil. Thank you!

But I did run into a problem--the bowl seized after being installed cold into a hot oven. I assume it's because the cold threads swelled. My oven and bowl were also well-seasoned, so I took some time and Barkeep's Friend to polish them up, and I tried again. It seized again. I don't mean it got a little tight--I mean I had to take it out to the vise and remove the bowl with pliers. This was after it was fully cooled.

I didn't want to give up on this technique, so I tried again, this time without seating the bowl all the way down. With the flange of the bowl about .5mm above the rim of the oven, it was fine. I'll just have to remember to not thread it all the way in if I pre-heat the oven.

It's worth noting that this is a Founder's Edition, so maybe it has some quirk leading to this condition. It also lacks the Allen key hole in the bowl, though that wouldn't have helped anyway--this was so tight it would have stripped a small Allen wrench.

Billazoot

@Cannabiker

Glad to hear you like the technique, I’m sorry it’s locked up your anvil though!

I’ve got a duracore oven, it’s got quite beefy threads in comparison to my early 2022 users edition oven I’ve since sold. Both haven’t locked up on me. Though I’m quite religious about scraping the crap out of the oven threads while cleaning, to avoiding constricting the space there for when thermal expansion happens

I wonder if your founders edition has a somewhat tighter bowl to oven interface in comparison to the newer ones? I’ve noticed over time that some of the parts have changed very slightly in terms of fitment and threading.

Sorry it locked up your device, other users should be wary of this and heed your advice with the slight gap if they have issues

Billazoot,

Cannabiker

I’m sorry it’s locked up your anvil though!
No worries at all; I've got that issue sorted out, and I love the technique. I've also got a Duracore on the way, so it will be a moot point. I'd been using the Founder's with my WPA, but it doesn't respond well to my Inductor, so it's time to upgrade. I'll put my User's oven on the WPA (it responds beautifully to the Inductor), and I'll slap the Duracore on my portable, which just got an XL mouthpiece, an integrated stem, and a new condenser--it's getting a full renovation, with just the heat shield to remind me of the excitement of that first Anvil release.

Cannabiker,
  • Love
Reactions: Billazoot
Top Bottom