Anvil by Vestratto

Pepeluis33

That's nearly identical to the Blazer Stingray (GB4001)--only the base looks different. I'll bet it's an alternatively branded version of the same torch.
Interesting... I wonder why they are identical... patent expiration/shared?
Blazer is made in Japan. It’s likely a Chinese clone or attempt at a clone. Should work great otherwise
Proxxon is a well known germany tool manufacturer and seems is making this torch since long time ago because there are testimonials on the internet from people who have been using the same torch for almost 10 years. Definitely quality feels high.

Pepeluis33,
Reactions: Jill NYC

bhasma

Interesting... I wonder why they are identical... patent expiration/shared?

Proxxon is a well known germany tool manufacturer and seems is making this torch since long time ago because there are testimonials on the internet from people who have been using the same torch for almost 10 years. Definitely quality feels high.
I think Proxxon and Blazer are both made by Prince in Japan. Simply different brand names used in different regions.

Mndeadhead

I made the mistake of buying an ounce of shake from the dispensary today. Caught my because it wa 25%, which is high for us. Well, I loaded up the anvil and the inductor and holy Hannah. Something about the fine grind in that that thing that I was missing out on. Produced clouds unlike anything I’ve experienced previously. I definitely call this one a happy accident if you haven’t played around with a fine grind, maybe give it a rip.

bhasma

I usually grind enough for the day in the morning, and as I reach the end there is often a final bowl (or two) of mostly kief, which tastes great and does indeed produce dense clouds of vapour. A fine grind provides more surface area for evaporation, and if it's not too tightly packed the Anvil handles it well.

SillyNotMe

What I like to do lately is take a nug, crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit. I’ll do this with the half chamber using a light roast. I’ll take it out and place it in an XL chamber for later. I’ll repeat this process one more time. I’ll take a nug. Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit. Now that I’m feelin' lit, feelin' right, I’ll take those two loads and crush them together. Two lightly roasted nugs = a fine grind load warm to the touch. Ready now….not quite ride the line but more over baked cookie heat this time. Deep breaths. Good night.

condition

I got the VHB 3D 3S induction heater and as others said, it works as intended, it is reliable and the herb gets warmed evenly. 3 batteries last for very long and the smell is less than using butane torch. Large size and you have to keep button pressed. I use it for weeks and the ABV is always the same, just draw after the second click. I think it is superior to the Wand as a Dynavap IH also.

Texus

i don't use mine with anything other than my Inductor. love the consistent results i am getting every time
Yeah, considering the size of the Forge prototypes they've shown, I think I'll be fine with the super versatile (including as IH for Lotus!) Inductor. Love the easily adjustable voltage on Inductor as well.

What voltage do you use on Inductor with Anvil?

someTooL

25.5 has been my go to. Heating in the middle of the oven. Seriously replaced the blazer within a day.

someTooL,

Mndeadhead

I have been going 24.5, middle of the cap, pulling after the first click and letting it get to second a couple of seconds later on its own. Nice dark roast, not quite RTL, which is fine with me. Keeps me from pulling the Hammer out during the week.

Datoneguy

Hey everyone,

I wanted to report back on my situation with the cs at Vestratto.

First, a huge thank you to Vestratto for replacing my coppercore. It's great to have the Anvil back intact.

I wanted to share some thoughts and advice here for other Anvil users that may have to use CS in the future. The process took 2-3 months all in all, so it's good to have a backup vape, but I'd say that about any vape tbh, have a backup just in case lol. I had issues mainly with email responses. If you send an email, you have no guarantee it will get a response, accept that from the start because otherwise you will get frustrated. Make a copy of the email you send, and resend it in a few days if you don't get a response. Respond back if they respond to your email, but also send that response as a fresh email as well. I found that sometimes a thread of responses would start, but often they would not and I'd get no reply, so a new fresh email in addition to a email response to their response is likely to get better results. If they stop resonding to an email thread (which is likely), there is still a good chance they might respond to a fresh email with that response and further inquiry. So send 2 emails if it makes sense, don't just reply to an email and expect a response, respond to the email and send a fresh one as well.

Next, keep things simple. Very very simple. Your email should be 2-3 sentences at most. If you can write 1 sentence though, that's even better. If you can write a short, yet very descriptive subject line with a 1 sentence email. you are in the sweetspot imo. They should be able to at a glance know what the email is about and then open the email and within a few seconds be done reading it. If you have 3 issues, pick the most pressing one and only ask about that 1 issue, save the other 2 issues for other emails. Again, keep it simple.

I thought about it and I think the only way I can show thanks to Vestratto for providing warranty to me and replacing a part is by sharing what I did above with people in the community. These aren't official rules, Vestratto won't tell you this on their website, but after dealing with cs for a couple months, I have noticed some patterns and I designed this advice around those patterns. I noticed these 2 adjustments to my communication style with Vestratto is what improved their response time to me. So I figure if I tell the community these things, maybe it will help Vestratto on the cs side of things, I can't control a company, but I can provide advice to that companies customers to help that company. But again, you will still go a week or so without a response sometimes, just know that and don't get frustrated with it, that's how the process might be, but at the end of the day they did help me out and I have a working Anvil again.

So again, huge thank you to Vestratto for helping me out.

Lastly, I wanted to say that the Anvil reached my hands again a few days ago and I had it on my list of possible sells. The Enano, convector and vapcap have officially locked themselves into my collection, the Anvil was on my list to revaluate. After the last 3 days of Anvil usage, the Anvil has officially locked itself into my collection as well. It just walked all over my expectations and made it known why I never should have doubted this vape in the first place. The consistency, speed, potency, and no-nonsense ritual of the Anvil is just like nothing else I own. It satisfies and the amount of time I spend vaping vs the time I spend high is refreshing to say the least. It's the vape that gets me high in the least amount of time and with minimial effort for when I don't feel like vaping but i want to experience the after effects of vaping. Every other one lingers in the process more, which is great within itself but the Anvil is just an entirely different experience.

The signature has enough convection to feel good for daytime microdosing too. Idk the ratio of heating with this device but I find it doesn't give me the heaviness I feel with heavy conduction devices, so it def scrates that convection itch for me (might depend on temps though too).

The integrated stem is awesome, really like that change. The xl mouthpiece is also pretty damn awesome. I'd honestly say the xl mouthpiece moved the vape up to another level for me and changed the usage to be even more simple than it was. I almost exclusively used the anvil in a jhook in the past, which was nice but I'm not a big fan of glass compared to a native experience. The xl mouthpeice really made that native Anvil experience pretty amazing, the vapor doesn't feel harsh and holding the vape like a cigar just feels natural to do. It doesn't feel like I'm holding some werid device like many other vapes do. Just fits i the hand nicely with a good amount of weight and it gets you the goods quick.

The Anvil is a great device, I will still talk it up and I will still be interested to see what Vestratto does in the future. I'm also thankful the support came through and helped replace a part for me. Gives me some level of confidence that they do care about their customers beyond just providing them with an incredible vape with no further support, and that to me is ultimately what cs is about. So again, thanks to Vestratto for the help and warranty replacement, it came in clutch and helped get me back into the Anvil game. Gotta love this vape, it absolutely delivers like no other (that I own at least haha).

Last edited:

bhasma

Luckily the solid metal Anvil is indestructible in normal use, and if it arrives in good condition it is very unlikely that faults will appear in the future.

bhasma,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I just received a half bowl as a while ago I convinced my girl I should try and microdose more often.
I'm surprised, as I have only been using it today, but for some reason, the half bowl feels like it hits harder than the normal bowl.
I put my Anvil in a WPA with a Elevat8 J-hook, its like using an old sckool tobacco pipe, which is for the moment a-little bit of fun.
But honestly, I like the half bowl more and I'm really surprised.

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: Datoneguy

Datoneguy

I just received a half bowl as a while ago I convinced my girl I should try and microdose more often.
I'm surprised, as I have only been using it today, but for some reason, the half bowl feels like it hits harder than the normal bowl.
Its I put my Anvil in a WPA with a Elevat8 J-hook, its like using an old sckool tobacco pipe, which is for the moment a-little bit of fun.
But honestly, I like the half bowl more and I'm really surprised.
I gotta test that, i'm curious. I've exclusively used half bowls as of late and I find them to be so good for so little, but I'm mainly using them for efficiency. Now I wanna compare the highs more like you. That's pretty wild you're finding it more potent, how about taste? Any notable difference?

@bhasma it is a well built device and I'm sure the amount of people that experience an issue with their anvil is very small compared to those that don't. However, I would never assume you won't have to deal with cs in regards to any vape, no matter how how well built they might be, you can still have issues and might have to deal with cs. It happens and is a factor with any product.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
That's pretty wild you're finding it more potent, how about taste? Any notable difference?
I am going to pay more attention to taste next few bowls... but yeah I definitely feel a noticeable difference between bowls. I wonder if I am imaging it :)

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Datoneguy

bhasma

@bhasma it is a well built device and I'm sure the amount of people that experience an issue with their anvil is very small compared to those that don't. However, I would never assume you won't have to deal with cs in regards to any vape, no matter how how well built they might be, you can still have issues and might have to deal with cs. It happens and is a factor with any product.
Personally I do assume that Customer Service will be unnecessary, and on the rare occasions that it has been required I have not had any problems (except once with Simrell). All of my Vestratto purchases are still in perfect condition. And if a business is slow in responding I don't think that flooding their Inbox with duplicate posts will speed up the process. Perhaps I am naive.

bhasma,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

Datoneguy

Personally I do assume that Customer Service will be unnecessary, and on the rare occasions that it has been required I have not had any problems (except once with Simrell). All of my Vestratto purchases are still in perfect condition. And if a business is slow in responding I don't think that flooding their Inbox with duplicate posts will speed up the process. Perhaps I am naive.

Well that's good to hear man, lucky you.

I agree, but it is what happened in my experience here. I considered that possability and it's the reason I didn't send duplicates until later in the process. And guess what? Response times from Vestratto improved with duplicates. I observed it speeding up the process, so in this case you are naive.

But I get where you're coming from with that concern, it's valid, but not as valid as the observable faster response times that occured with the case of both new email responses as well as a response to the initial email. Now, correrlation isn't causation, but it's something I'm sharing because it's what happened to me, rather than making something up based on absolutely no experience with vestratto cs. But again, none of my advice is official vestratto info, I'm just sharing my own observations based on 2-3 months of cs experience. Everyone can take what they want from it and leave the rest.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,
Reactions: Petetbay

bhasma

I am sorry that you have been unlucky. And I think Vestratto has been generous in replacing your oven more than a year after purchase, but that's just another opinion.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I am sorry that you have been unlucky. And I think Vestratto has been generous in replacing your oven more than a year after purchase, but that's just another opinion.
A year is a long time of a lot of use, I don't remember a warranty

VapingYogi,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Well isn’t it more like 9 months, since it took them 2-3 months to replace the affected part? Which is an insanely long period of time to get a resolution one way or the other for a device, warranty or no.
I wasn't meaning to suggest anything about your specific situation mate, I was just recalling that I don't remember there being a warranty on the product at all and, in all honesty, in Australia you kind of get used to the fact that once its touched cannabis all warranties are void because of using illicit material (even those its prescribed). So I have a different perspective and the fact that they eventually replaced it is a win...

I would not be celebrating how long it took, I like you would be a little... I don't know disappointed.

VapingYogi,
Top Bottom