Anvil by Vestratto

Old_muel

So do we have to contact vestratto to get the revised condenser or is he just sending it? Cool that he's fixing it, does seem like a pretty big oversight, must've rushed it out i guess.

Last edited:
Old_muel,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Got a wood shield coming from across the pond!

sometimes when you do back-to-back with multiple bowls, even the heat shield gets hot lol

I was interested in the Induction heater, but if it still requires 30 seconds to heat…might as well just use the torch??
I guess could be good for windy situations.

seki

I dug out my spare Supreme 3.5 stand and used the thermometer to try and get a rough idea of the kind of temperatures stems are reaching when using them with the Dynavap adapter. I connected the oven and adapter to my 65mm v3 Omni stem using the mouthpiece, but no condenser. I used some silicon tubing to hold the thermocouple in place and a little more to seal up the air port. I don't think the thermostat was accurate, but at the very least the test seemed to illustrate that the delta between high and low temps was somewhere in the 35°C-40°C range, or about 95°F-105°F towards the oven end of the stem. The following is 3 minutes of boring video where the most eventful thing that happens is seeing the thermostat going up and down.
The last 2-3 pulls were devoid of any vapour, but I thought it was interesting there was still enough heat retained to raise the temperature by several degrees. Based on this, I can't wait to see what the 0.5g oven will be able to do.

Over all, I'm still not crazy about using the copper core oven with Dynavap metal stems. It's too uncomfortable for me and I'd rather just use the native stem if I'm going to go that route. I'll definitely be doing some further testing with wood stems once I get the updated condenser. I'm more confident that those will perform better than these metal ones that I've tried.

Old_muel

Yeah was a tough decision for me getting my first anvil now whether to shell out for the anvil stem for native use or to just get the adapter, went with the adapter, not expecting my old omni stem to be a real contender but more just to see what becomes available soon & snag something, i do suspect Johns version is probably the best thing currently available though (remarkable fella with what he's acheived hey, my hat's off). Another good thing about the stem adapter is I suspect the anvil wpa airflow might be too open for me so the stem adapter with a simple dyna wpa or what i use a glass dyna stem with an old flowermate silicone ring, can function as a wpa with variable airflow if needed.
The stem the v3 dani uses seems to do an amazing job of cooling vapor down, though i only have the metal one & the stem itself does get pretty hot, the vapour comes out very cool, i reckon the wooden dani stem might be a beast with the anvil, of course though the size is slightly different - are there like thicker o-rings or something that could be used on the anvil adapter to make it fit say the dani stem?
Hurry up damn postage i want my anvil!

Last edited:
Old_muel,

Petetbay

So do we have to contact vestratto to get the revised condenser or is he just sending it? Cool that he's fixing it, does seem like a pretty big oversight, must've rushed it out i guess.
Apparently I believe you don’t have to as I already received the shipping notice for the updated condenser and I never asked, so they know who they shipped the 1st versions to and are automatically sending the updated part. If you don’t get a notice I would email them.
Someone didn't do their research if they had you wouldn't be having any problems with any stems.
Yes, totally unnecessary in my book, testing is what is needed, I hate seeing pics of racks of parts being readied when adequate testing hasn’t been done.

That said here’s a little rundown of some stems I’ve tried.
Omni condensers don’t work as they come in contact with the USA condenser, should work v2.
Revolve fits, I find the ti stem too hot, glass a bit better.
M’s fit, too hot, even wth a Simrell stinger.
new Vongs really nice, wood and ti, used with Simrell wood mp stingers.
Simrell MVS seems made for it, really nice cool, I use XL vortex stingers.
DV B6, loose fit, happens with glass, too hot.
DV B9 and Sneaky Pete Knarly(6” dimpled) tight fit, worked good and cool vapor
DV 3” dimpled glass, fit, hot
Futo Wood and acrylic XL stems w/stingers, great ultra cool, had one ti lined kinda loose.
Simrell XL and Futo Regular wood stems, with Simrell wood mp stingers, all worked good.
BB Vapes Shell Shock and Tectonic SS Stems, they have projecting condensers that look like that would be a problem, but fit really well best of everything tested and very cool, seem like they were finally useful because I never liked them with DV tips, look made for the Anvil and even added black glass mp from Rogue.

It is hard to tell how good the USA connector fits as compared to DV tips as the Anvil adds a whole lot of weight that the DV tips don’t have. That weight can create a safety issue causing a hot loose fitting Anvil to fall off especially with glass when reclaim is present, never happened but I was always thinking of it, just keep that in mind.

Last edited:

gooby

Hi all. Have a few dynavaps over the years, I really like them. But I want something portable that is heavier hitting. When I am with friends and we are all using one dyna, things are too slow. I am about to buy an Anvil, does this sound like what I'm looking for? I was also told the "dani" is comparable, not sure if true. Help would be great before I order, just wanna make sure I'm making the right choice at this price point.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hi all. Have a few dynavaps over the years, I really like them. But I want something portable that is heavier hitting. When I am with friends and we are all using one dyna, things are too slow. I am about to buy an Anvil, does this sound like what I'm looking for? I was also told the "dani" is comparable, not sure if true. Help would be great before I order, just wanna make sure I'm making the right choice at this price point.
There is a thread comparing these two:

You can also find comparisons with the DV on other threads.

For the Anvil, I don't find it great for sharing but it works okay for this purpose on glass. Basically 1 bowl per person in a rotation. Other reasonable people may disagree.

Comfortably Numb

I was in same boat as you....I still use Dynavaps daily....but needed a heavy hitter...wanted something compact and powerful...the Anvil is the answer....others will chime in...but there is no gamble with this device...it is medical grade in my opinion....and will blow your friends away!

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Both can create quality vapor but the Anvil produces stronger effects. Not passed the Anvil around but have passed the Dani. Some find the Anvil to uncomfortable for native use, where the stock Dani produces cool vapor. The Anvil has adjustable air flow, the Dani cost one third the price. Both use medical grade materials and are worthy additions to anyone's collections.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I am about to buy an Anvil, does this sound like what I'm looking for?
Your question is probably better for “Ask FC” as it’s kind of off topic, but since you’re here…

If sharing’s your main goal, maybe stick with DV but invest in a faster workflow (eg an IH and a MH Reload). The Anvil is pretty much the same sequence as a DV but slower bc of the heating, heat retention, and threaded cap. You may each only need one go, but it’s slower going overall.

Haven’t used a Dani but the same logic applies.

You could also look at the Anvil XL bowl. Someone who owns one can speak to how many additional users it might accommodate.

That said, take a look at Phatpggie’s Thermal Accumulator (in the unreleased section). He designed it to simulate a joint-like experience and from the beta vids, it looks like he’s done it.

Greenleaf88

I will chime in here. The .2 bowl with the xl mouthpiece is my travel setup I can always fill another bowl and reheat if im sharing u can get 3 to 4 big hits on a .2 bowl.

Sharing is always a bleep cuz of explaing not to touch the metal but it's doable but not convienent with either or dv, Anvil or danivape to share..

dieezus

I will chime in here. The .2 bowl with the xl mouthpiece is my travel setup I can always fill another bowl and reheat if im sharing u can get 3 to 4 big hits on a .2 bowl.

Sharing is always a bleep cuz of explaing not to touch the metal but it's doable but not convienent with either or dv, Anvil or danivape to share..
Sharing with both the Anvil is a nightmare. If I am trying to share it with someone new to vapes, it's exclusively through water. I just let it click and then tell them to hit it.

dieezus,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Finally about to break in/out my unused UE which, following a good clean was tucked away after I received it several months ago. The copper has started to tarnish while sitting in it's case so I may as well give it what it's been waiting for.

One last glimpse before the torch hits:
20221012-210148.jpg

Cheers
:peace:

condition

I received the WPA & XL MP. Although the XL MP is an improvement, I use the 14mm WPA every day attached on the JHook from Nicolas of the french vaporisateur. This piece of glass cools the vapor and has slightly different taste.
Also WPA looks very natural on the JHook.

20221013-220759.jpg

I also received a new Jobon 2021 turbo torch that is my favorite. I use it exclusively and prefer it from Firefox because it has a way lower flame setting almost like non existent. Excellent for a slow, tasty roast. I feel I am only missing the half bowl for now.

coolbreeze

Do you guys have a link? That looks lovely!
B/W:

Living Color:

Cheers!

Top Bottom