Anvil by Vestratto

fangorn

attached on the JHook from Nicolas of the french vaporisateur

beautiful piece! with a thin mouthpiece, I'm tempted!

3 small questions... how much did you pay? did he take a long time to answer you? then to ship?

Thanks in advance !!

fangorn,

condition

beautiful piece! with a thin mouthpiece, I'm tempted!

3 small questions... how much did you pay? did he take a long time to answer you? then to ship?

Thanks in advance !!
Hey, glad you like it. It is available now here:
Better to contact them as I did, to offer you a speedy courier service as I had slow delivery experience with chronopost on a previous order.
But it depends where you live, if you are US based then get it from Oregon Glass blower, to avoid customs and have more selection choices.

fangorn

Hey, glad you like it. It is available now here:
Better to contact them as I did, to offer you a speedy courier service as I had slow delivery experience with chronopost on a previous order.
But it depends where you live, if you are US based then get it from Oregon Glass blower, to avoid customs and have more selection choices.

yes it is a beautiful piece!
I looked in oregon but it's $84 I think...I had put that on hold...

oh yeah 64€ anyway !!? I thought it would be cheaper in France... damn...
(I'm not saying it's not justified eh, I'm sure it's worth them...)

it looks shorter than the one in oregon, or is that an illusion??

I'll think about it... thanks for the link anyway!!!

fangorn,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

yes it is a beautiful piece!
I looked in oregon but it's $84 I think...I had put that on hold...

oh yeah 64€ anyway !!? I thought it would be cheaper in France... damn...
(I'm not saying it's not justified eh, I'm sure it's worth them...)

it looks shorter than the one in oregon, or is that an illusion??

I'll think about it... thanks for the link anyway!!!
Many people who have used hooks both with and without cooling spikes, report most of the cooling is done by the straight bends, not the spikes. Especially if you're in US it makes sense to get one of OGB's non dimpled ones, as they are very affordable and reportedly very durable. Otherwise dhgate has some options, especially if you're set on the cooling spikes it's very affordable. I bought mine from yingmin5 store in dhgate and they have been great to deal with.

Could also have a look here for some more types and pics and reviews:

Got the USA adapter in the other day. I’ve been enjoying it with my glass cooling stem from O’Connell woodworks. This configuration definitely cools better than the stock body with XL mouthpiece. Just not as practical since it’s glass, etc. I need to grab another oven now so I don’t have to keep switching between USA and stock setup. Should have grabbed the full kit!

Also digging the integrated stem, it’s nice not having to worry about the airflow setting constantly moving. I grabbed the WPA as well but still need to give it a shot. Been preferring the simplicity of native use lately.

D637-F686-96-BA-4-DA2-AD16-0940-D49-C7602.jpg

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep
The USA has been shortened 3mm to address the interfacing issues - we're hoping this solves the issues you all were having with the USA not working with other stems. John will be releasing drawings with the exact sizes ASAP - they won't be live for this afternoons restock but will be up before the next one.

Please note that every company has different tolerances, which may impact the fit of the USA.

Admin at Vestratto

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
The USA has been shortened 3mm to address the interfacing issues - we're hoping this solves the issues you all were having with the USA not working with other stems. John will be releasing drawings with the exact sizes ASAP - they won't be live for this afternoons restock but will be up before the next one.

Please note that every company has different tolerances, which may impact the fit of the USA.

Admin at Vestratto
But the USA I just bought will have the update right? When should it ship?

Zuhdj,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Didn’t hesitate this time. I’m in.

Excited to try it out in multiple stems. Funny though, most anxiously wanting to drop it in an Ed’s glass WPA lol.
Mine is an Azhenn wood (I spelled that wrong) Sherlock that I was never able to use. I recieved it soon after my anvil and have been waiting for something like this since haha

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Had to jump on the full kit myself, although I recently sold or traded all my dynavaps and associated stems... I have but one in mind. Well, could be more than one but basically I think any of the dyna-pipes out there are just brilliant for the USA. I’m also going to commission something from Aezhenn Wood to match the darker tones of the copper and the patina that forms

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Please note that there are no silver snap rings available at the moment only black.
Hey @Whiff I got a 14mm WPA and a USA yesterday to go with my ever growing Anvil collection. I can see myself putting my stems to the side and mostly just using the WPA. 98% of the time I’m hitting the Anvile on a glass rig.

Anyhow, I wanted to ask, do you have any information on when @Admin at Vestratto will be receiving silver snap rings and getting those preorders out? I thought it was posted at some point but can’t find it now.

The Stray Fox,
  • Sad
Reactions: Petetbay

Admin at Vestratto

Company Rep
Hey @Whiff I got a 14mm WPA and a USA yesterday to go with my ever growing Anvil collection. I can see myself putting my stems to the side and mostly just using the WPA. 98% of the time I’m hitting the Anvile on a glass rig.

Anyhow, I wanted to ask, do you have any information on when @Admin at Vestratto will be receiving silver snap rings and getting those preorders out? I thought it was posted at some point but can’t find it now.
They are in our fulfillment centre! The product description is giving us a bit of difficulty when trying to remove the pre-order notice.

Roffa

Don't think it's officially announced. John mentioned te possibility, and many of us showed strong interest.

Now some of us are just presuming it's being worked on and will come at some point.
I would welcome an oven with a greater heat sink capacity. Not sure about a .5 g bowl.
But who knows. John's incremental innovations have a knack of delivering features to the Anvil I didn't know I desired. The integrated stem is an excellent example, and the recent adapter iterations.

RedZep

What would a .5g bowl look like? It'd have to hold the same as a flowerpot
Flowerpot 0.5 bowl size is a misnomer, as it functions poorly at that load size. Pretty much everyone half fills the bowl @ 0.25 at max.

If John pulls this off, it will be the hardest, fastest hardcore whitewalling hit yet devised by man. Even when taking into account the extended torch heat up requirement.

The extra mass crucially will hugely increase the vaping window during the heat cycle. So you could take several relaxed hits.

My measured medication dose is exactly 0.5g. so I'm chomping at the bit for this oven. I also like to use CBD flower for times when being high is not an option. I believe a 0.5g Anvil will be the ultimate CBD flower vape.

RedZep,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Flowerpot 0.5 bowl size is a misnomer, as it functions poorly at that load size. Pretty much everyone half fills the bowl @ 0.25 at max.

If John pulls this off, it will be the hardest, fastest hardcore whitewalling hit yet devised by man. Even when taking into account the extended torch heat up requirement.

The extra mass crucially will hugely increase the vaping window during the heat cycle. So you could take several relaxed hits.

My measured medication dose is exactly 0.5g. so I'm chomping at the bit for this oven. I also like to use CBD flower for times when being high is not an option. I believe a 0.5g Anvil will be the ultimate CBD flower vape.
I didn't even think of the CBD! Right now I'm tied to my b-0 for cbd as it's the only one with a large enough bowl

Zuhdj,
Reactions: RedZep
I grabbed the WPA as well but still need to give it a shot.

Took it for a spin last night, I like it. The adapter is well-made, the form factor is nice, and the airflow is great. I did notice the fast resin buildup at the end of the condenser, which I believe others have already pointed out. Guess you gotta stay on top of that, but otherwise this is a great option for glass and nice to have a cheaper entry point into Anvil for people who may be on the fence.

seki

After using it exclusively for a little under two weeks I thought I'd give my thoughts on the WPA.

Like others have mentioned before, maintenance is a breeze. I have to disassemble and clean my native stem units once every 3-4 days because I start to get reclaim dripping into my glass pieces, but with the WPA a quick wipe at the bottom of the joint every so often is much easier to do. Outside of the the occasional wiping of reclaim, I haven't felt the need to disassemble and clean since I started using it. By this point with the native stem I would have had to clean it at least once, most likely twice. So in that regard, I think it's worth it for the reduction in maintenance alone.
reclaim.jpg

Air flow is wide open and I generally use the native stem set the same way so it hasn't been a problem personally. I guess if more restriction is required, a drop-down/ash catcher, a whip or several pieces in conjunction can be used to get to your desired resistance level. Not ideal, but it will do the job I think.

Comparing it to the USA, it seems like it should be possible to adapt the airflow control it has to the WPA as well, at least on visual inspection. Maybe for v2?
airflow-compare.jpg

I’m not sure it needs it though. I’m admittedly biased because this is my preferred air flow setting, but it works fantastic as is imo.

I can see myself putting my stems to the side and mostly just using the WPA. 98% of the time I’m hitting the Anvile on a glass rig.
This is more or less my use case too. I'm pretty sure this is how I'm going to be using the Anvil for the most part going forward. There definitely will be some native sessions, but I see the WPA featuring in the rotation heavily and basically supplanting the native stem.

I know you got a response but just as further confirmation, I ordered a WPA along with the USA during the first drop and I received my order with the silver snap ring so they've definitely been shipping them out at least as recently as October 5th when mine was dispatched.

Speaking of, the snap ring is actually one of the few issues that I do have with the WPA. None are show stoppers, they're mostly just things I'm unaccustomed to due to the change in form factor.

The ring stays cool and keeps heat away very well, but the exterior rubber portion is only about 3mm wide so it sometimes feels a little wobbly between my fingers as I'm lifting it out of the joint or just holding it.
snapring1.jpg

snapring2.jpg

The unit is very compact, but an added complication as a result is that there's naturally less surface area where you can safely grip the unit. Because of this, the aforementioned build up underneath starts to become a bit of an issue. It's great for ease of maintenance, but I find myself trying to avoid the hot oven on one end while also trying to prevent getting reclaim on my hands from the other. You always had to worry about the heat of course, but getting reclaim on my hands during use was never really a concern previously. Also playing into this is the larger 18mm joint making the whole thing a little bottom-heavy. I assume this won't feel as pronounced with the 14mm unit but as it is, I'm finding it a little awkward to handle. I’m also probably affected by the muscle memory I’ve developed from the countless native stem sessions I've had over the last 10 months.

In retrospect I think I would have preferred purchasing the 14mm unit with the Teflon adapter. Generally I prefer to use as few adapters and add-ons as possible, so if there's a solution that minimizes the need for one I'll usually explore that direction first for the sake of simplicity. In this case however, I'm not too crazy about the metal on glass contact. The o-rings create a perfect seal and reduce the amount of direct contact, but I don't think it's possible to eliminate it completely. Not a huge deal as my pieces are nothing special and I still plan on using the 18mm even after I purchase a 14mm unit going forward. It might be something to consider for people with expensive glass though. Besides that, I think the 14mm WPA will work really well with those Rio configurations using the native stems that were posted a few pages back.

All in all, it's a solid adapter and at the risk of sounding like even more of a shill I'd still say that the WPA kit represents pretty fantastic value on its own, but even more so when you consider other vapes in a similar price range like the IQC, Tera, VonG and Pax 3.

On a bit of a different note, this year my vapes are going to participate in Halloween. They've all decided to dress up as other vapes: Anvil is going as a Supreme, the VapCap as an Anvil and for some unknown reason, the Milaana is strangely confident that it makes a convincing Nomad.
costumes.jpg

I'm kicking myself for not thinking of setting up the USA heat test I did earlier with the unit connected to the Supreme stand like this in the first place. It would have been so much easier to perform the test and to record.

For anyone curious, I also tried using the VapCap tip on the Anvil body, only I used it with the XL mouthpiece and 2 intercoolers. It worked well and produced very comfortably cooled vapour, but I don't think it would be worth the effort to acquire the parts specifically to use with a VapCap. I had to cut a larger o-ring to size in order to get the tip to fit properly. It was a fun novelty, but ultimately is probably not really worth using regularly given the plethora of superior native options available for the VapCap.

Top Bottom