Anvil by Vestratto

Duba

Accessory Maker
Do you all really find it too hot native with a xl mouthpiece?
I've mentioned it here before but for me, the XL MP was a game changer for native hits.
I added a spiral in the condenser, plus the OG one and the one from the Xl mp, it makes a refreshing vapor circuit for massive native hits!

Edit to add I have changed my opinion since I saw this sleeve. This I think is the one design that I find appealing with the xl mp
This beautifull wood and acrylic heatshield/sleeve is for me!:D
I can't wait to receive it! @Aezhenn make lovely things!

AD

Has anyone seen or heard about an induction heater made for the Anvil? I know John was supposed to be working on one. Just wondering when one will be available.

AD,

Jozin88

My asthma is really bad, what would I need to take the smoothest hits when hitting it natively?
How long does it take for the oven to cool down before I can load it again?

Jozin88,

cptofnthng

There is an induction heater apparently shortly before release that was shown a couple of pages before.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: AD

Momor

My asthma is really bad, what would I need to take the smoothest hits when hitting it natively?
How long does it take for the oven to cool down before I can load it again?
Mouth to lung hits with airflow closed/almost closed. You can take a few inhales in a raw before the exhale.
The bowl is the part that needs to cool before reusing (the part with the clicker), not the whole oven (the part you screw the bowl in).
The bowl takes around 10 seconds on a magnet to get the cool down click. You can load a bowl before the cool down click but you have to wait for that click before reheating.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I've mentioned it here before but for me, the XL MP was a game changer for native hits.
I added a spiral in the condenser, plus the OG one and the one from the Xl mp, it makes a refreshing vapor circuit for massive native hits!

This beautifull wood and acrylic heatshield/sleeve is for me!:D
I can't wait to receive it! @Aezhenn make lovely things!

what spiral fits the condenser? Regular dynavap/RogueWaxWorks one or simrel?
I need more spirals in my life

Duba

Accessory Maker
what spiral fits the condenser? Regular dynavap/RogueWaxWorks one or simrel?
This one, from Dynabox, fits :

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

This one, from Dynabox, fits :
Do you notice much residue coming through the mouthpiece with this setup?

I removed the (single og) spiral in my Anvil, because I felt it caused this resin drip through the mp and that helped (only use with water) But an extra spiral in the condenser might help prevent the buildup that caused the dripping.

I got the half bowl coming and I plan on using it with the Anvil stem (have only used it through water after the first day), so I need me some cooling.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

thanks, I'm gonna give that one a try

This is often the signal for a good cleaning when it happens to me
Yeah it started seeping through way too soon after cleaning for my liking, maybe because I take hard rips through water. Luckily
I can now soon keep a dedicated kit for stem use, since i got the wpa coming and will use that for glass connnected use.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Old_muel

Old_muel

Hey what happened with those shops, LCV & vaposhop or something I think, that kept claiming to soon be stocking anvils, did they ever get any or were they just bullshitting the whole time?

Old_muel,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hey what happened with those shops, LCV & vaposhop or something I think, that kept claiming to soon be stocking anvils, did they ever get any or were they just bullshitting the whole time?
My understanding is vestratto declined to provide them with any stock and chose to sell direct to the public. Many shops felt burned by early conversations about reselling. Last time it was mentioned, vestratto still had plans to work with resellers but that has not materialized.

justcametomind

Vaposhop is long time out of the "artisan vape" game, the last "not exactly mainstream" vape they offered was Vapexhale Evo back in 2014 IIRC.

justcametomind,
Reactions: GoldenBud

TonyGazelle

I went ahead and purchased an induction heater from vaphotbox.

I'm excited to get it in.

There's videos on their Instagram of the Anvil heating up in 30sec with what seems like full extraction.

Anyone else planning to give this a spin?

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
usa.jpg

Got my adapter kit and WPA in today.

Adapter doesn't seem to work properly when used in conjunction with condensers. All stems pictured except the v2 Omni (2nd from left) and phattpiggie stem (wood stem on far right) have no condenser installed. For the v2 and pp stem, you can see the adjustment that was necessary to make it fit. On the v2, I wasn't able to push the condenser/mouthpiece all the way in, and because of the fixed condenser in the phattpiggie stem, I had to adjust the way the adapter connected to the stem and oven. You can see the gaps that I had to leave when putting it together to make it fit:
usa-pp-gaps.jpg

The phattpiggie stem has an inline stainless steel condenser:
pp-stem.jpg

Unfortunate as this was the one I was looking forward to trying the most. Also just to clarify, I don't have any VapCaps purchased post 2019, so I don't know how much things have changed. I assume not much given their interoperability between generations.

I also have not yet had a chance to try it out and won't be able to until later this evening. Considering it, I think I like the novelty of being able to use it with my VapCap stems but given how almost all of my Anvil usage is through water, I don't see this getting frequent use if I'm being honest. I do reserve the right to change my mind until I've actually tried it though.

Edit: This is what I think the issue with the condenser is:

If it were just a few mm shorter, I think it would cover most VCs with condensers. Maybe cut somewhere around the red line?
usa-condenser.jpg
Someone didn't do their research if they had you wouldn't be having any problems with any stems.

fogbank

I went ahead and purchased an induction heater from vaphotbox.

I'm excited to get it in.

There's videos on their Instagram of the Anvil heating up in 30sec with what seems like full extraction.

Anyone else planning to give this a spin?

I am not planning to purchase the VHB induction heater, but you should know that there are at least five commercially available portable induction heaters that will work with the Anvil. I've settled on the iSpire Wand because of its replaceable batteries, but all of the other induction heaters that I've used with the Anvil produced acceptable results with the right technique.

30 seconds to full extraction would be pretty good if true. The fastest that I've experienced is about 45-50 seconds for full extraction in a single draw. The iSpire Wand takes significantly longer than that, but I attribute that to its larger coil, which means more space between the coil and the metal of the Anvil oven.

Maybe the new VHB heater will be faster because it is AC powered and does not rely on batteries. I am curious to know how it works out for you.

Texus

I am not planning to purchase the VHB induction heater, but you should know that there are at least five commercially available portable induction heaters that will work with the Anvil. I've settled on the iSpire Wand because of its replaceable batteries, but all of the other induction heaters that I've used with the Anvil produced acceptable results with the right technique.

30 seconds to full extraction would be pretty good if true. The fastest that I've experienced is about 45-50 seconds for full extraction in a single draw. The iSpire Wand takes significantly longer than that, but I attribute that to its larger coil, which means more space between the coil and the metal of the Anvil oven.

Maybe the new VHB heater will be faster because it is AC powered and does not rely on batteries. I am curious to know how it works out for you.
Yeah big question is if IHs designed for Anvil will significantly improve hit quality due to power better suited for Anvil thermal demands.

Texus,
Top Bottom