• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

fiixed

So, I only got my Anvil today, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm heating slowly on the copper battery until it clicks, and I do get one or two decent hits out of it, but the avb is still kinda greeny/brown. It's definately not riding the line. I've tried both opening and closing the air vent. Thoughts?

fiixed,

fiixed

@fiixed what torch are you using? How long is it actually taking to click?
Blazer Firefox Mini. I'm guessing about 35 seconds? I was setting it pretty much as low as it could go.

I've since had some better results with a higher flame and waiting till the second click to stop torching. I'm also packing the bowl tighter. Does this sound right as an experienced user?

caseball2051

I set my inner flame to be about a half inch long on my Firefox. It takes 35ish sec to click. I'm getting dark even material after though. I find using more open airflow with waterpipes and a little more restricted with native hits to work best for me.

I hope you can find your sweet spot cause I've you do the results are easily repeatable.

caseball2051,
Reactions: fiixed

My_50p_worth

Blazer Firefox Mini. I'm guessing about 35 seconds? I was setting it pretty much as low as it could go.

I've since had some better results with a higher flame and waiting till the second click to stop torching. I'm also packing the bowl tighter. Does this sound right as an experienced user?
I’ve found that setting the flame as high as possible on my Firefox gives me the best results. On a freshly filled tank I’ll hold the anvil maybe 2-3mm away from the tip of the flame, as the fuel levels slowly drop I’ll move it closer to keep the same results

Stop at the first click always, and I’ll usually get a perfectly even DARK brown roast. I can go to the second click but will get a charred taste and no noticeable extra production.

I’ve been doing it this way about a month now and it’s been as close as I’ve gotten to IH levels of repeatability so far

Momor

Is that normal I get so much oxidation under the thermal battery ?
Is there a way I could clean that ?

Could someone help me find a good torch in Europe please ?
I received my second Ronx but even though it's a little bit better than my first one (I'm able to make the anvil clock under 30s) it's still kind of a dud o think. It doesn't work at all in the first third of the flame setting and i have to use it a max power in order to make the vape clock under 30s.

fiixed

I received my second Ronx but even though it's a little bit better than my first one (I'm able to make the anvil clock under 30s) it's still kind of a dud o think. It doesn't work at all in the first third of the flame setting and i have to use it a max power in order to make the vape clock under 30s.
You can't get the FireFox in EU?

Does opening the air holes / closing them make any difference to extraction? Or is it just a cooler vapor / comfort thing?

fiixed,
Reactions: Planck

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Does opening the air holes / closing them make any difference to extraction? Or is it just a cooler vapor / comfort thing?
Closing up the airflow will resulting in a darker roast and also a comfort thing, like a user above stated i prefer more closed airflow when using it natively and more wide open through a bong but thats all user preference. You could also open the airflow up if you packed a bit too tight to compensate for the added restriction.

I try not to pack my chamber too tight i usually pack just under a 0.1g and have my airflow set to half
I make the length of my inner flame slightly bigger than the size of the oven + battery which gives me around a 30 sec click

Whiff,
Reactions: Jill NYC

seki

Yours looks a little more carbonized than mine did, but a few people in the thread have mentioned some success with Barkeepers Friend and an electric scrubber. Using this method, I was able to get it looking better than my brand new unused unit:
photo-2022-06-02-11-09-13.jpg

To be fair, the blue unit has been sitting unused for about 2 months so it's oxidized and changed colour a bit on its own.

I did finally end up using the blue unit and recorded the first colour change for reference. There's a pretty significant colour shift on the top copper band starting at about 30 seconds into the video. I forgot how dramatic the colour change was the first time. I recall the Founders Edition behaving a little different on first heat up, but I assume that has something to do with the different type of SS used.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
No. At least I didn't find it. I found one on a site called JBTools, listed at ~27€ but there is ~50€ shipping...
Can you just try another Ronx? I have to have mine adjusted a third to half up for it to light but it still has a huge flame range from 1/2" to 2" or more.

My first one was unreliable (sputtering and not lighting on the first try) but I was using cheap butane and overfilling it. Nowadays I use fancy butane and only fill using one four or five second squirt since the Ronx doesn't seem to love having the air bled out anytime after refilling.

If the mini is anything like the PT4000 you should keep the flame as high as it'll go. The Blazer torches have the high price and presumably nicer build quality but they're overrated in terms of value and performance for the Anvil specifically because the flame won't get big enough, much less too big.

Ralph

You definately do not need to turn your Blazer firefox all the way up to have great results with the Anvil. That is completely false!!!!

fiixed

Closing up the airflow will resulting in a darker roast and also a comfort thing, like a user above stated i prefer more closed airflow when using it natively and more wide open through a bong but thats all user preference. You could also open the airflow up if you packed a bit too tight to compensate for the added restriction.

I try not to pack my chamber too tight i usually pack just under a 0.1g and have my airflow set to half
I make the length of my inner flame slightly bigger than the size of the oven + battery which gives me around a 30 sec click
Thanks for the advice, but I'm confused on one point. Why do you close air natively and open when going through water? wouldnt it be the other way around (you need more air/cooling native - you dont need that cooling when going through water). Am I missing something?

I think I've just perfected riding the line (and other roasts) for my situation. Light pack, airflow fully closed, FireFox flame max flame, go to the second click, then count (Copper Battery - 5 seconds, Nicely Roasted - 6 seconds, Terpy Hit - 7 seconds) depending on which copper ring I place the flame. Maybe its my altitude or something but the FireFox really low flame was not enough to get decent extraction? The Vestratto blog post about using a 1.25cm flame is a little misleading. Mine had to be over 3cm's.

Edit #2: Holy shit I am in love, this is a heavy hitter. Once you find the right workflow for yourself, this thing is a monster.

Last edited:

Momor

Yours looks a little more carbonized than mine did, but a few people in the thread have mentioned some success with Barkeepers Friend and an electric scrubber. Using this method, I was able to get it looking better than my brand new unused unit:
photo-2022-06-02-11-09-13.jpg

To be fair, the blue unit has been sitting unused for about 2 months so it's oxidized and changed colour a bit on its own.

I did finally end up using the blue unit and recorded the first colour change for reference. There's a pretty significant colour shift on the top copper band starting at about 30 seconds into the video. I forgot how dramatic the colour change was the first time. I recall the Founders Edition behaving a little different on first heat up, but I assume that has something to do with the different type of SS used.
Wow ! Mine has never been like yours. It was all black out of the box. Almost no color difference between the SS and copper parts. It didn't bother me so much but now the part just underneath the copper battery is really ugly.
I'll probably try to find some bar keepers friend in EU.

Am I the only one who got a brand new but all black/grey Anvil chamber ?

Can you just try another Ronx?
It's my second Ronx and didn't want to make another RMA and buy another one again, but your comment pushed me to do it. I really hope to have a good one this time.

Momor,

637vape

Wow ! Mine has never been like yours. It was all black out of the box. Almost no color difference between the SS and copper parts. It didn't bother me so much but now the part just underneath the copper battery is really ugly.
I'll probably try to find some bar keepers friend in EU.

Am I the only one who got a brand new but all black/grey Anvil chamber ?

It's my second Ronx and didn't want to make another RMA and buy another one again, but your comment pushed me to do it. I really hope to have a good one this time.
Both of mine looked shiny upon arrival but are now black/grey after much use.

In addition to the Firefox I also use a Blazer pb207, which seems to be more readily available. The pb207 on max has a similar flame to what I set my Firefox to, the only downside is the smaller tank.

637vape,
Reactions: Momor

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Maybe its my altitude or something but the FireFox really low flame was not enough to get decent extraction? The Vestratto blog post about using a 1.25cm flame is a little misleading. Mine had to be over 3cm's.

Edit #2: Holy shit I am in love, this is a heavy hitter. Once you find the right workflow for yourself, this thing is a monster.
Agreed, I've become a Ronx torch maven largely because I think a lot of the early struggles folks have with the Anvil start from waiting too long while a dinky Blazer flame takes almost a minute to click at the copper battery. The longer, stronger Ronx flame is a better partner for the Anvil: it should be the user and not the wimpy max flame of the torch determining how fast you click.

I still have a PT4000 and it'll work with the Anvil, it just doesn't give you the speed, power or control to get any hit you want.

fiixed

Agreed, I've become a Ronx torch maven largely because I think a lot of the early struggles folks have with the Anvil start from waiting too long while a dinky Blazer flame takes almost a minute to click at the copper battery. The longer, stronger Ronx flame is a better partner for the Anvil: it should be the user and not the wimpy max flame of the torch determining how fast you click.

I still have a PT4000 and it'll work with the Anvil, it just doesn't give you the speed, power or control to get any hit you want.
What model of the Ronx do you use?

fiixed,

androponic

vaped.

you order your orings yet?

androponic,
  • Haha
Reactions: bossman

fiixed

I have to admit the green heat shield looks very pretty on my former anvil!
Thank you for the smooth transaction and the nice talk, wish you and the anvil a lot of cloudy relaxing moments together!
Thanks Michel, youre the best! I love it!

fiixed,
Reactions: Michel

3xFantasyChamp

Man, one of my o-rings on the condenser snapped. Kind of dreading having to buy new ones. If anyone knows the size of those rings on the condenser, I'd appreciate the help. Or if you know where I could order some in the US. I'll go ahead and search the thread for o-ring info when I can.

3xFantasyChamp,

Knewt

I can hit a click on all 3 of my bowls in under 30 seconds with my Blazer Firefox.

androponic

vaped.
Man, one of my o-rings on the condenser snapped. Kind of dreading having to buy new ones. If anyone knows the size of those rings on the condenser, I'd appreciate the help. Or if you know where I could order some in the US. I'll go ahead and search the thread for o-ring info when I can.
see this post. these are all you need for the Anvil. The minimum for the heatshield one is 12 so the quantities will give you 12 full sets. best bang for the buck and dont worry about the 5mm being out of stock, its incorrect on the site and they will ship in a few days. i have bought 3 full orders already.

Top Bottom