• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

chimpybits

So much complaining about shipping rates.

Countless times over the years have I read posts recommending ordering some cheap part (e.g. screens, o-rings) with negligible shipping for USA, but costs anyone else (me) over $20. Now you know why many non-USA residents try to get it all in one order. Also, if the vape has issues we often just suck it up so as to avoid countless shipping charges.

I have to admit I’m enjoying the reverse situation for a change.:popcorn: Suck it up yanks! 😛

Last edited:
The thing that annoys me about the shipping is that it simply does not cost $25 to ship a little mouthpiece in a padded envelope from Canada to USA. You can check the rates yourself on Canada Post. It’s probably more like $10.

But yeah, it’s not the end of the world and I know we have it a lot better than the rest of the world as far as access to vape stuff goes. I’m sure there will be other places to get Anvils in the near future.

chimpybits

The thing that annoys me about the shipping is that it simply does not cost $25 to ship a little mouthpiece in a padded envelope from Canada to USA. You can check the rates yourself on Canada Post. It’s probably more like $10.

But yeah, it’s not the end of the world and I know we have it a lot better than the rest of the world as far as access to vape stuff goes. I’m sure there will be other places to get Anvils in the near future.
Really?! I think I always pay more for shipping from Canada - and I’m in Canada!

Also, why then does it cost about that amount to ship a tiny part from USA to Canada? Anytime I’ve followed up on such a post here, it always costs a lot, so I never bother.

chimpybits,
Really?! I think I always pay more for shipping from Canada - and I’m in Canada!

Also, why then does it cost about that amount to ship a tiny part from USA to Canada? Anytime I’ve followed up on such a post here, it always costs a lot, so I never bother.

I dunno, I put in 8x11 padded envelope weighing 1 lb from a random postal code in Toronto to my zip code in Southern California. Here are the results. And the actual package would be far less than 1 lb for a tiny accessory.

Perhaps Vestratto is using a more expensive shipping option (tracking may cost more), and I wouldn’t be surprised if their current software is preventing them from having anything other than a flat rate, but it would be nice to have a cheaper option for small accessory orders at least.

Oh well, enough about shipping woes. The device is still fantastic. :)

66959-E92-70-B2-4-D00-8-F0-E-1734-A1-DCAB3-F.png

Last edited:

chimpybits

I dunno, I put in 8x11 padded envelope weighing 1 lb from a random postal code in Toronto to my zip code in Southern California. Here are the results. And the actual package would be far less than 1 lb for a tiny accessory.

Perhaps Vestratto is using a more expensive shipping option, and I wouldn’t be surprised if their current software is preventing them from having anything other than a flat rate, but it would be nice to have a cheaper option for small accessory orders at least.

66959-E92-70-B2-4-D00-8-F0-E-1734-A1-DCAB3-F.png
Alright, that is close to the 10 that you stated if converted to USD.

And yeah that’s budget shipping:
Small Packet™ International – Surface is most economical no-frills service for non-time-sensitive parcels for items up to 2 kg
Slowest. No tracking.

I would expect Vestratto to want to include a tracking option instead.

I couldn’t agree more though - I wish sellers - especially 🇺🇸!! - had budget shipping options for inexpensive parts.

This must limit their international reach. I certainly make vape purchase decisions based on such supply issues. Natural VAS limiter there. I’m a cheap SOB.

Last edited:

thunderstealer1337

lol its actually like under $10, nobody pays retail unless your still going into post office and paying full retail, majority of shipping sites are good 33%+ off all the time, for business its even cheaper haha, he just needs to make his $200k r&d back, ive said this for dynavap as well, the cost to machine is cheap for cnc lathes, and the most expensive part of the entire kit is paying the human labor to kit the package contents together for shipment

chimpybits

lol its actually like under $10, nobody pays retail unless your still going into post office and paying full retail, majority of shipping sites are good 33%+ off all the time, for business its even cheaper haha, he just needs to make his $200k r&d back, ive said this for dynavap as well, the cost to machine is cheap for cnc lathes, and the most expensive part of the entire kit is paying the human labor to kit the package contents together for shipment
Still, I recall these shipping rates to be similar to what I’ve always encountered. Under 10?! 🦄
It’s been a while so possibly I’m mistaken. I rarely buy.

Last edited:
chimpybits,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
All the perceived nickel-and-diming can be corrosive for a new brand. One epic make-good doesn’t set anyone’s reputation in stone, esp to all those who missed out. For my part, I’m waiting for retail sales to open before I buy my accessories.

So they made $10 on shipping, but now it’s costing them the margin on the half-bowl and XL mouthpiece that I’ll buy from X retailer with free (or market rate) shipping. I don’t mind paying extra to support small-shop artisan makers but not when I think I’m being fleeced.

Of course, given the bottomless waitlist, it may be that North American retail sales never open, in which case I’ll count my VAT-free blessings and call it a day.

Stonedbadger

I'll add that I don't think the accessories are all that necessary.

I like the XL bowl, but prefer the standard.
The XL mouthpiece is nice, but then I prefer to use the Anvil through glass which in turn makes the xl mouthpiece redundant.
And the case, well I would recommend looking at alternatives. I don't like the case at all.

So there you go, you can not only save the $25 on shipping + the $109 on accessories that in my opinion don't add that much to the experience

chimpybits

I'll add that I don't think the accessories are all that necessary.

I like the XL bowl, but prefer the standard.
The XL mouthpiece is nice, but then I prefer to use the Anvil through glass which in turn makes the xl mouthpiece redundant.
And the case, well I would recommend looking at alternatives. I don't like the case at all.

So there you go, you can not only save the $25 on shipping + the $109 on accessories that in my opinion don't add that much to the experience
Yes, and isn’t this stock setup the design that the maker came up with? i.e. through a glass piece
Sometimes the original vision of a thing can be undermined over time with mods/accessories

My_50p_worth

My case from @Duba arrived and I couldn’t be happier

The magnet included is way better than the one included with the official case, it’s centred and stronger.

The case itself, the anvil slides in oven first and fits perfectly without feeling too tight or too loose

If you’re on the fence about getting one, get off the fence and go get one.

I’m so glad I went for one and gave up waiting for the official case, it’s about the same price but the quality is far from the same

Last edited:

ibnganja

I can confirm the YLL InductionHeater works with the Anvil:

YLL Induction Heater FC

With the correct technique I can get even, dark brown ABV on a single draw.

I don't think this is really news anymore. It seems like any induction heater with a big enough hole has a very good chance of working with the Anvil.

But the heaters developed for the DV are not ideal for the Anvil. They work great for me, but there is a ton of room for improvement for the Anvil.
I have this IH and it's good for DV. I can only fit the anvil in up to just before the copper battery. Always giving whispy hits. Did you modify yours?

ibnganja,
Reactions: Jill NYC

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Any tips for getting the Anvil cleaned up good as new? I have most of it looking good, only thing left is the condenser has some baked on oils that are being stubborn against my usual methods. I’ll probably try Bar Keepers next.

I really gotta get this thing sent on to its rightful owner! The days are just passing me by lately. Thanks a ton for letting me test and give real unbiased feedback with no obligations, It’s always a treat to play with the new toys and stay on my toes!

I guess it passed the reach test more than I was expecting; Was damn near out of bud so the anvil was filling a good role there. Especially since I sold off all my flower portables last year, so it was nice to have something to use with flower while hanging out at friends houses.

3xFantasyChamp

Be careful moaning about the shipping rates.. you don’t want to be the next victim of the Sunday Post ;)
The snarky attitude of this post catches even me a bit by surprise! :D

Any tips for getting the Anvil cleaned up good as new?
I too would like to know any cleaning tips. Mostly for the oven. I know that's the part that gets straight blasted by a torch, but I wouldn't mind cleaning it all the time to look new.

Momor

I bought the Ronx torch recommended by @bossman and i like it quite a lot. I use good quality butane and the torch starts on first ignition each time. I also confirm that it's very silent compared to other torches.
On my first tries to test the torch I was able to make the Anvil click in ~23s on the thermal battery and I don't really know why but now I can't make it click under 30s even with the highest/strongest single flame setting...
Could the Ronx owners here let me know like the fastest time they can make the Anvil click when pointing the single flame at the thermal battery ?
I suspect that when I checked the fonction of the double flame it opened a very tiny leak of butane on the second burner so that now my single flame setting lost a little bit of power. Could be totally wrong but that's the only explanation I can think of.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I bought the Ronx torch recommended by @bossman and i like it quite a lot. I use good quality butane and the torch starts on first ignition each time. I also confirm that it's very silent compared to other torches.
On my first tries to test the torch I was able to make the Anvil click in ~23s on the thermal battery and I don't really know why but now I can't make it click under 30s even with the highest/strongest single flame setting...
Could the Ronx owners here let me know like the fastest time they can make the Anvil click when pointing the single flame at the thermal battery ?
I suspect that when I checked the fonction of the double flame it opened a very tiny leak of butane on the second burner so that now my single flame setting lost a little bit of power. Could be totally wrong but that's the only explanation I can think of.
I'm new to this level of torch devotion. That said, I've observed that the Ronx takes longer to click as it's getting low on butane. It's as if the single flame can convince you it's the same size as when it had more fuel but really it's not as muscly and not heating as fast as it was

androponic

vaped.

fogbank

I have this IH and it's good for DV. I can only fit the anvil in up to just before the copper battery. Always giving whispy hits. Did you modify yours?
I did not modify my YLL Induction Heater in any way. The Anvil fits as you described. The YLL is my least favorite heater for the Anvil. It just seems to take longer than the UFO or the Black Shadow, even though the Anvil sits deeper in the YLL than the Black Shadow.

Are you using the YLL in power mode or temp control mode? I use it in power mode at 70 watts.

To get good results with the YLL you will need to heat well past the click. I have combusted with the YLL heater, so there is definitely enough power to fully extract the load. You will just need to dial in your technique. In power mode the YLL has a visual 15 second timer. After that it times out. Heat for 15 seconds at a time to avoid the timeout. Trial and error will tell you how many seconds past the click you need to heat to get the results you're looking for. Occasionally I don't get a click with the YLL, or I get it later than expected. I'm still able to get even dark brown ABV consistently with the YLL.

The UFO is just much easier and takes less time. I always hear the click, and it only takes 5 1/2 heating cycles to get dark brown ABV in a single hit. Battery life seems to be better with the UFO as well. Even after fully extracting an Anvil bowl it will often not need a charge.

Of the 3 heaters that I use with the Anvil I would put the YLL last.

Top Bottom