Anvil by Vestratto

My_50p_worth

Even after fully extracting an Anvil bowl it will often not need a charge.

How many bowls would you say you get on a full UFO charge?

I was considering getting one for my Anvil, but if it’s only good for 4-5 bowls I may wait for something beefier

My_50p_worth,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The UFO is just much easier and takes less time.
Do you have the original style UFO with the spacers? I'm wondering how much of a difference that makes.

I have one of those and I keep meaning to put it up in the classifieds. Some day I will overcome the inertia.😃

Grass Yes,

fogbank

How many bowls would you say you get on a full UFO charge?

I was considering getting one for my Anvil, but if it’s only good for 4-5 bowls I may wait for something beefier
I have never tracked it because I always try to charge it even if it's only a little depleted. I believe that the voltage can sag as the charge is depleted, so I always top it off when I can. Probably not the best practice for the battery, but I'm not too concerned about that.
Do you have the original style UFO with the spacers? I'm wondering how much of a difference that makes.

I have one of those and I keep meaning to put it up in the classifieds. Some day I will overcome the inertia.😃
I do have the original style UFO with the spacers and extra glass tubes/cups. The thicker glass cup is too narrow for the Anvil. The bottomless glass tube and spacers gave me problems with the Anvil. I only use the thinner glass cup, which is also the one that comes standard with the UFO now.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I bought the Ronx torch recommended by @bossman and i like it quite a lot. I use good quality butane and the torch starts on first ignition each time. I also confirm that it's very silent compared to other torches.
On my first tries to test the torch I was able to make the Anvil click in ~23s on the thermal battery and I don't really know why but now I can't make it click under 30s even with the highest/strongest single flame setting...
Could the Ronx owners here let me know like the fastest time they can make the Anvil click when pointing the single flame at the thermal battery ?
I suspect that when I checked the fonction of the double flame it opened a very tiny leak of butane on the second burner so that now my single flame setting lost a little bit of power. Could be totally wrong but that's the only explanation I can think of.
I have been able to get my Ronx to click in as little as 15 seconds - but I don’t recommend b/c it doesn’t give the best experience. (Either too whispy or straight to combustion depending on where I point)

As @bossman noted, it doesn’t work nearly as well when it starts getting low on butane.

But overall, very consistent results (although at least 30% of time it doesn’t light on first try - but that doesn’t bother me)
The only thing I wish the Ronx had was a fuel level window, but for the price, I can live without it!

Maybe you should empty it out completely and refill and see if it does better.
Otherwise, you may have gotten a clunker.

My_50p_worth

Could any of our more enterprising members build an Anvil IH?

There’s money to be made there for sure, plus I imagine the Vestratto one is some ways off yet

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: pxl_jockey

SillyNotMe

My cleaning routine.

After melting cordura onto my oven, I soaked it in heavy duty oven cleaner. Cotton swabs to wipe. Then a wire bristled brush on a rotary tool.

Regular cleaning is an ethanol soak with cotton swabs and pipe cleaners.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude

There’s money to be made there for sure, plus I imagine the Vestratto one is some ways off yet
I think this will be the only solution for a while, either a DIY kit-build or an enterprising member with a day job. I can’t imagine an Anvil-specific IH could generate the numbers needed for serious third-party interest at this point. There would have to be quite a few Anvils out there before another company would look at making an IH for one.

Vestratto’s #1 priority is going to be the Anvil and getting to the point where stock isn’t the problem, they can’t focus on much else until it’s available in a few retail outlets online and people aren’t waiting in line. If Anvil’s supply can’t keep up with the demand, that’s a bigger issue that has a much bigger profit margin than delivering an IH accessory today would generate.

When thousands of Anvils have been sold, that’s when I would expect a Vestratto IH to be released. However, a Vestratto IH would definitely drive Anvil sales and bring in lots of users put off by torches, so I can see them quickly pivoting to this project once the crazy hardcore vape-head (you ppl :haw:) Anvil demand is satiated and supply is stable.

sesh732

Imaginable
heats the thermal battery in 55seconds from cold heat up.
I haven't tried the UFO but 55 seconds is similar to the timing of my Wand IH, it's anywhere from 52-65 seconds to the click from cold. I get full extraction (enough for me at least, dark brown as I don't like black) every time and have combusted with an extra 10-12 seconds in the Wand. One full charge of the Wand will extract 5-7 Anvil XL bowls for me, then when I only see 2 bars I swap the batteries and recharge them externally.

How are other folks' results with your Wand? Can anyone who's used both compare the Wand and UFO? With options like this I'm not sure what advantages an Anvil-specific IH would provide for me, other than cutting the click time in half. Can anyone convince my VAS that I'll want to upgrade my IH when they start hitting the market?

Duba

Accessory Maker
How are other folks' results with your Wand?
Where do you place the anvil in the wand? I have tested several times without good results compared to the torch.
It takes longer than with my torch (Ronx) and is less efficient in terms of extraction.

Duba,

Momor

Thanks @bossman and @Jill NYC for your answers.
I tried to empty and refill the Ronx. It gained a little bit of power but not that much. The fastest I can make the Anvil click heating the thermal battery is 27s and that's on a second heat up.
I have been able to get my Ronx to click in as little as 15 seconds - but I don’t recommend b/c it doesn’t give the best experience. (Either too whispy or straight to combustion
I don't really want to heat so quickly but it gives me a good idea of the power capacity of this torch.

I'm gonna try to exchange it and see.

The other torch I use is a Prince PB-207 and it's able ta make the Anvil click in ~40s and even a bit less when heating at the thermal battery.

On the Anvil itself, i like it very much. That one hit extraction is something and it's so easy achieve.
Taste is better than a Vapcap, especially at high temps.
Since I broke my bubbler a few days ago, I use it native (without the XL MP) and i get very enjoyable hits (not hot/arsh) by taking a few big mouth to lungs draw before exhaling one giant cloud.
I still would like to get a XL MP to have more room for my fingers to manipulate de Anvil and also for et better general balance of the vape.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks @bossman and @Jill NYC for your answers.
I tried to empty and refill the Ronx. It gained a little bit of power but not that much. The fastest I can make the Anvil click heating the thermal battery is 27s and that's on a second heat up.

I don't really want to heat so quickly but it gives me a good idea of the power capacity of this torch.

I'm gonna try to exchange it and see.

The other torch I use is a Prince PB-207 and it's able ta make the Anvil click in ~40s and even a bit less when heating at the thermal battery.

On the Anvil itself, i like it very much. That one hit extraction is something and it's so easy achieve.
Taste is better than a Vapcap, especially at high temps.
Since I broke my bubbler a few days ago, I use it native (without the XL MP) and i get very enjoyable hits (not hot/arsh) by taking a few big mouth to lungs draw before exhaling one giant cloud.
I still would like to get a XL MP to have more room for my fingers to manipulate de Anvil and also for et better general balance of the vape.
Are you using fancy refined butane?

How long is the single flame from your Ronx? I did return the first one I got but it was when I was using cheap Zippo butane and I've had great results since I stopped using that stuff.

With the little adjuster I can make the single flame huge on the Ronx - twice as long as the inch and change I actually use to heat the Anvil. That makes me suspect your Ronx is below average: you should have the capability to click as quick as you like depending on how big you go

fogbank

I haven't tried the UFO but 55 seconds is similar to the timing of my Wand IH, it's anywhere from 52-65 seconds to the click from cold. I get full extraction (enough for me at least, dark brown as I don't like black) every time and have combusted with an extra 10-12 seconds in the Wand. One full charge of the Wand will extract 5-7 Anvil XL bowls for me, then when I only see 2 bars I swap the batteries and recharge them externally.

How are other folks' results with your Wand? Can anyone who's used both compare the Wand and UFO? With options like this I'm not sure what advantages an Anvil-specific IH would provide for me, other than cutting the click time in half. Can anyone convince my VAS that I'll want to upgrade my IH when they start hitting the market?
I have tried both the Wand and the UFO, however I wouldn't say that I gave the Wand a fair shake, since it was obvious to me that I would prefer the UFO.

I tried the Wand a few times but never got it dialed in, mostly because I didn't like the manual positioning that is required. I also got timeouts when I wasn't expecting them, but that was probably because I was using it in the wrong mode...? I just felt that the Wand was not efficient, with its large coil heating such a small object.

In any case, the UFO is a piece of cake to use with the Anvil for me. No manual positioning needed, the Anvil fits right into the cup, to just below the thermal battery. Heat for 8 flashes then pull it out, drop it back in for another 8 flashes. Do that 5 times (so 40 flashes/seconds). Turn the UFO back on and heat for 5 more flashes/seconds. Pull it out and hit it. Works every time for me :)

I usually hear the click sometime during the 4th heating cycle, so somewhere between 28-32 seconds. That leaves at least 13 seconds of heating after the click.

Second place in my Anvil IH lineup goes to the Black Shadow, clocking in at a whopping $99. Requires very similar technique as the UFO, just slightly longer heat times.

Choices

Has anyone tried one of the SJK dental induction heaters with the Anvil? I’m considering getting one with my Amazon rewards points but thought I’d ask about it being a viable possibility before getting one. Thanks in advance folks!

Choices,

Roffa

Been thinking about it, after I started using the ispire wand on the anvil. For an IH to have as good results as a butane lighter, I guess you would have to change the design of the office, because the copper heat sink is heated indirectly.
Why not develop an IR heater, analogous to those dental wax carving knife heaters.
Has anyone tried one of the SJK dental induction heaters with the Anvil? I’m considering getting one with my Amazon rewards points but thought I’d ask about it being a viable possibility before getting one. Thanks in advance folks!
Those are also infra red, not just induction, no?

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Yes we did and it didnt work well

Whiff,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Vints

tHas anyone tried one of the SJK dental induction heaters with the Anvil? I’m considering getting one with my Amazon rewards points but thought I’d ask about it being a viable possibility before getting one. Thanks in advance folks!
I had one for my dynavap, they pulsate on and off at .5 second intervals instead of being continuously on then it'll auto shut off after 15 seconds or so. So I don't think it will work all too well. Though to be fair, I never got to test my anvil directly with the sjk IH because ...it broke after having it for a couple months.

Vints,

TeaCup

@Duba : What's the Elev8r looking thing? Thanks alot.

TeaCup,

Momor

Are you using fancy refined butane?

How long is the single flame from your Ronx? I did return the first one I got but it was when I was using cheap Zippo butane and I've had great results since I stopped using that stuff.

With the little adjuster I can make the single flame huge on the Ronx - twice as long as the inch and change I actually use to heat the Anvil. That makes me suspect your Ronx is below average: you should have the capability to click as quick as you like depending on how big you go
Yes I use refined butane.
I'm sure i could make the click happen in Les than 25s for the first tries with the flame adjuster below half position, but later on it was no more possible even with the flame set at the highest (and a full tank) :hmm:
I hope this one was just a dud because i returned it and ordered a new one.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper

Well I have had the XL bowl for a while now and just went back to the full bowl for a couple. Went right back to the XL. It makes that first hit bigger and better and the second as good as a lot of portables best.

The first hit from the XL when done right is comparable to most of my desktops and I have all the usual suspects.

Got my new green Ronxs in and it looks good! It is one of my two main torches. Firefox was a pain as I had to adjust the flame every time I put it down and was always uncomfortable to hold. Flame adjustment on the pt4000 was horrible also so it will not be refilled for a while. The Blazers just got demoted to charcoal lighting duty.

The bottom torch is my Zoocura pen torch. It is double flame but very precise as the flames are angled toward each other. It has a fuel window and next to the Ronxs is my favorite for the Anvil. Hard to beat for $ 10.

Top Bottom