• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

SillyNotMe

I’m confused by this mild affront. A copper sleeve that is slipped on by a user. It’s not a factory compression fit? Copper is ductile enough that if a steel cap is mounted on a dowel, it could be squeezed. A proper competitive cap should at least start there.

My_50p_worth

I’m confused by this mild affront. A copper sleeve that is slipped on by a user. It’s not a factory compression fit? Copper is ductile enough that if a steel cap is mounted on a dowel, it could be squeezed. A proper competitive cap should at least start there.
It’s just a cheap and cheerful £10 dynavap accessory that was inspired by the copper wrap mods, it’s not really a big deal or anything novel

I think the idea is that it comes on and off easily so that the user has the choice of hit they want (once it’s stuck on you’re kind of limited) or can let a friend use it. DV are supposedly working on a factory fitted version for those after a more “official” version of the concept

Lnewlf63

Y
Just got the package with XL bowl and MP, I’ll post with my first impressions shortly.

One thing that needs saying, I’ve just had a very close call as the packaging clearly states VESTRATTO on it and goes on to clearly state what is in the package :bang:

Some quick excuse making saved my ass but I think next time I’ll have to get it sent elsewhere as this isn’t particularly discrete

Might be worth thinking about for your customers in illegal countries @Whiff @Vestratto
Yeah, small bible belt town; gossip is paramount; I'm now treated as a "double life living scumbag". Thanks for the package having itemized list and costs Vestratto! So professional!

My_50p_worth

Y

Yeah, small bible belt town; gossip is paramount; I'm now treated as a "double life living scumbag". Thanks for the package having itemized list and costs Vestratto! So professional!
To be fair I’ve brought this up twice now with no response, and a guy in the shipping thread lost his parcel because of it

It’s like vape biz 101 to make the packaging discreet

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I hate to piss on his parade but it really isn’t that far off Anvil performance, despite one being a £180 device and one being a £10 piece of copper.
He can outline all the materials science and thermal coefficients that he likes, but there’s no denying the “wallet efficiency” of a ten dollar part that gets you most of the way there.

The flavor and airflow of the Anvil are still miles ahead of the “legacy vape” for me, tho. Even with the Revolve wide open. Don’t see a copper hat changing any of that.

coolbreeze

He can outline all the materials science and thermal coefficients that he likes, but there’s no denying the “wallet efficiency” of a ten dollar part that gets you most of the way there.

The flavor and airflow of the Anvil are still miles ahead of the “legacy vape” for me, tho. Even with the Revolve wide open. Don’t see a copper hat changing any of that.
And let's don't forget the convection high! Very different signature mostly unaffected by the size of the hit!

My_50p_worth

Indeed, the man is threatened by something that is designed to be a silly budget toy for DV users. The anvil has better flavour, airflow and it does hit harder all things considered. I just don’t see the point of that defensive Sunday post when nobody was looking at the FMJ as the Anvil killer.

To say Austyn is duping people by selling this part is quite frankly ridiculous and the result of a worried ego going on the attack

@coolbreeze this is it haha, I’d love to be somewhere it’s legal but unfortunately we’re still in the dark ages and need to watch out for the kinda stuff you guys have long taken for granted

Last edited:

stonedmallone

Kinda seems to me like he’s been rattled by a £10 copper sleeve, dedicating a whole Sunday post to it.

I hate to piss on his parade but it really isn’t that far off Anvil performance, despite one being a £180 device and one being a £10 piece of copper.

Besides.. why even pay it any attention if your product is that much better? You’re only legitimising it as a threat this way
You have already tried the fmj?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Yeah, and doesn't "wide open" on the Revolve just mean diluting the vapor with air like a vapcap carb? A vapcap tip/cap doesn't have adjustable airflow at all really no matter what stem you put in on

stonedmallone

Nope, I have tried the copper mod which is the exact same thing. It simply adds mass and conductivity. This just takes the shaping process out of the equation and the worries of hardware store copper

Don’t worry, it’s not worth swapping another nut for ;)
Sorry The Hangover GIF

Please forgive me fc, I know I annoyed everyone

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze this is it haha, I’d love to be somewhere it’s legal but unfortunately we’re still in the dark ages and need to watch out for the kinda stuff you guys have long taken for granted
Hah! I'm newly liberated myself but I'm so scarred by it I still don't use a cellphone. But keep pushing and your day will come too!

dieezus

Wow that Sunday Post was..... not great

Guy who steals an idea from somewhere else and basically uses CCDs as screens is crying about someone who isn't trying to replicate the Anvil but rather enhance the functionality of DV. Nowhere did Simrell state that it would make the dynavap an Anvil.

From the Simrell Site :
"Why Copper?

The use of copper on the cap eliminates the need to rotate your tip to get an even heat up. It acts as a thermal reservoir that holds heat and evenly distributes it, allowing YOU to choose how dense and dark you want your extraction during your first heat cycle. The copper jacket also acts as a better buffer for combustion, allowing you to worry less about your reaction time after the click. "

F DV users for not wanting to rotate their DV.

I'm a huge Anvil fan, but damn if that wasn't lame.

RxPlorer

Wow that Sunday Post was..... not great

Guy who steals an idea from somewhere else and basically uses CCDs as screens is crying about someone who isn't trying to replicate the Anvil but rather enhance the functionality of DV. Nowhere did Simrell state that it would make the dynavap an Anvil.

From the Simrell Site :
"Why Copper?

The use of copper on the cap eliminates the need to rotate your tip to get an even heat up. It acts as a thermal reservoir that holds heat and evenly distributes it, allowing YOU to choose how dense and dark you want your extraction during your first heat cycle. The copper jacket also acts as a better buffer for combustion, allowing you to worry less about your reaction time after the click. "

F DV users for not wanting to rotate their DV.

I'm a huge Anvil fan, but damn if that wasn't lame.
LOLOL ok

My_50p_worth

I’m here to rep Anville and get blasted

Hell yeah! Hopefully the next Sunday post will be about Anvil parts and accessories, that’s what I’m interested in.

Hopefully the DV guys enjoy the copper sleeve, and hopefully it pushes some to get an anvil too

Nobody needs to lose here, and the game of ego is always a losing one

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Hell yeah! Hopefully the next Sunday post will be about Anvil parts and accessories, that’s what I’m interested in.

Hopefully the DV guys enjoy the copper sleeve, and hopefully it pushes some to get an anvil too

Nobody needs to lose here for sure, the game of ego is always a losing one
Or they could partner on a convection oven that would fit DV stems...

My_50p_worth

Or they could partner on a convection oven that would fit DV stems...
To be fair the FMJ seems to re bias the DV to convection already, from watching it demoed

It seems you control the roast with how much you restrict the airflow. More restriction gives a darker roast, which suggests to me that convection is the main driver here

coolbreeze

To be fair the FMJ seems to re bias the DV to convection already, from watching it demoed
Ah! this makes sense: with the cap-battery providing more of the heat, requiring air to rush past it to collect it. I would love to know how different the oven temp at click is with the sleeve compared to native. I wonder as well if it increases the ratio to anything like where the anvil is? To me that one seems unmistakably convectorific.

I'll have to play around a bit but I got mostly darker (but never questionable) roasts with the vong inlet cracked just a tad and through water. I assumed it was my torching. I have to say it's been consistent despite whatever variables I've introduced.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand, the Anvil's grand, the DV's grand, the Simrell band is grand! Ain't we having a good damn time? I think everyone involved here has made us very good things and for that I'm grateful (~);}

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand, the Anvil's grand, the DV's grand, the Simrell band is grand! Ain't we having a good damn time? I think everyone involved here has made us very good things and for that I'm grateful (~);}

Hard agree!

And as for your question, I’d love to see it tested once the FMJ gets in more hands. I don’t think it’ll bump it to anvil convection levels but it certainly makes it convection dominant if you’re going for an RTL style hit.

It’s awesome that we have this kind of recent innovation in the butane vape space, it’s only good for the consumer to have these people competing for our money

Top Bottom