• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

Mowjo

Highly suggest the Firefox for the Anvil. I have attached a magnet to a metal tray to be a big heatsink.

Has anyone found any generic screens?

Mowjo,
Reactions: Momor

My_50p_worth

Highly suggest the Firefox for the Anvil. I have attached a magnet to a metal tray to be a big heatsink.

Has anyone found any generic screens?
Dynavap Stainless Steel CCD

They’re way better than the Vestratto ones in my opinion. I get less material coming through and they hold their shape much better when popping them out for cleaning

Duba

Accessory Maker
I received the cheap Ronx torch as @bossman advises and i can confirm it's a great one to use with the Anvil.
It looks solid and convenient. The settings are easy and the flame is powerful. I set it to click after about 35sec by heating on the bottom copper part.
The magnet of the sleeve can also be used as a stand. Practical also

Stonedbadger

Well I just received my storage tube thing from Vestratto... what an absolute waste of money.

It is almost completely useless for removing the cap, the magnets aren't centred correctly. Any other dynavap style magnet thing work far better, which is strange because I feel like I may as well have bought this from dynavap given the lack of thoughtful design...

It doesn't fit the XL mouthpiece and seems very cheaply made. For $35US I feel like I have been done over.

Its a real shame as I have loved the Anvil, but will be planning on returning the case.

fogbank

Well I just received my storage tube thing from Vestratto... what an absolute waste of money.

It is almost completely useless for removing the cap, the magnets aren't centred correctly.
Sounds like you are using the black side of the magnet, which is not "centered" as you say. Unscrew the cap and use the silver side of the magnet that is recessed in the cap. That magnet is "centered".

Clapped_r6

I dont see what the big deal about centered magnets is?
Don't put the bowl on tight, and the "uncentered" backside of the cap grabs the bowl and can unscrew it to dump?
Putting it into the shrouded cap doesn't make sense to me at all

BigJr48

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is warranty stuff. Am I missing it or is there no warranty information on the anvil?

Anyways last week I was using my utility case to hot swap bowls and the magnet in the cap came out with the bowl. I emailed John with an image and asked if this was how it was supposed to work. He replied quickly and said this was not supposed to happen and that he'd have a replacement cap in the mail ASAP. I ordered some accessories I had been eyeing anyway and asked him to ship the replacement cap and my new accessories together. He said that was no problem.

The experience was fast and easy.
I'm sure that answered any warranty concerns you may have.

BigJr48,

coolbreeze

Fwiw, I stand it on the grinder to load, and a DV (or now anvil) futostash or stand to cool, and those or the futo magnet tool to unload. I recommend the Futostash, but you'd have to work with him to get the extra length, I guess. The only other downside is the lack of second bowl stash (but if you're getting a custom, maybe he could do that too), and I guess it's bigger, if that's an issue. The upside is it works great and it's gorgeous wood.

Edit: your input might also be key in designing an XL anvil case.
Edit II: Duba's leather cases come in XL and those would probably be the most minimal-but-functional available.

Last edited:

caseball2051

I'm sure that answered any warranty concerns you may have.

It doesn't though? Warranty information is a pretty standard expectation, I believe anyway.

All that tells me is that John will stand by a product that is not assembled correctly within the first two weeks of purchase. I would expect this from any manufacturer for nearly any product I purchased.

I'm happy with the turnaround and customer service that I received, but there is still no warranty information available on this device.

kilo

I dont see what the big deal about centered magnets is?
I totally agree. The bowl doesn't need to be screwed on tight. With the off-centered magnet you don't have to twiddle the cap between your fingers to tighten or loosen, you just make contact with the edge and spin the cap clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Did I see something about a larger cap being planned for the XL bowl, or was that for the extended mouthpiece?

kilo,
Top Bottom