Anvil by Vestratto

caseball2051

Finally got around to trying my XL bowl and damn what an experience.

I am getting nowhere near 0.2 or even 0.16 packed in my XL though.

I actually weighed out my typical packs last night and this is how they compared....

Half bowl pack 0.05

Full bowl pack 0.09

XL bowl pack 0.12

I'm packing pretty tight already and I'm afraid to cut off the airflow with any tighter of a pack.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

I actually weighed out my typical packs last night and this is how they compared....

Half bowl pack 0.05

Full bowl pack 0.09

XL bowl pack 0.12

I'm packing pretty tight already and I'm afraid to cut off the airflow with any tighter of a pack.
Iโ€™ve wondered if I grinded my bud EXTREMELY fine if I could fit more and have more vapor.

Except I only have one grinder and donโ€™t wanna buy another, how fine are you grinding your bud and can you test this?

I feel like I actually could achieve the texture Iโ€™m talking about by shaking a heavy coin inside my grinder to break up the bud real nice

Last edited:
HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

Choices

Half bowl pack 0.05

Full bowl pack 0.09

XL bowl pack 0.12

I only have a Full Bowl but this is similar to what Iโ€™ve measured mine to be and it gets me pretty pounded. Another thing Iโ€™ve noticed is I donโ€™t get the munchies as much using the Anvil. Iโ€™m not sure if it is just making the inertia of couch lock overwhelm the desire to forage in the kitchen or if perhaps it just delivers the material in a different way. Who knows? Tomorrow I could use it and down a whole pizza by myself!:lol:

coolbreeze

I only have a Full Bowl but this is similar to what Iโ€™ve measured mine to be and it gets me pretty pounded. Another thing Iโ€™ve noticed is I donโ€™t get the munchies as much using the Anvil. Iโ€™m not sure if it is just making the inertia of couch lock overwhelm the desire to forage in the kitchen or if perhaps it just delivers the material in a different way. Who knows? Tomorrow I could use it and down a whole pizza by myself!:lol:
I'm gonna have to dedicate some quality time to this thing. I've had it for a few weeks but I've really only used it after I'm already pretty saturated. It breaks through pretty well, too, no complaints there. Maybe I'll wake n bake the .12 .22 one of these days.

Edit to reflect the latest test data.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

AnvilUser

Half bowl pack 0.05

Full bowl pack 0.09

XL bowl pack 0.12

i been putting .2 to .22 in the xl bowl with a light tamp. My bud is at 62% humidity medium grind with brilliant cut haven't blocked off the airflow yet .

Texus

Iโ€™ve wondered if I grinded my bud EXTREMELY fine if I could fit more and have more vapor.

Except I only have one grinder and donโ€™t wanna buy another, how fine are you grinding your bud and can you test this?

I feel like I actually could achieve the texture Iโ€™m talking about by shaking a heavy coin inside my grinder to break up the bud real nice
Try turning the grinder upside down so the ground flower doesn't fall thru and continues to be ground. Easy way to get finer grind and doesn't take long to figure out how many turns gets you grind size you want. Assuming this is a 3 or 4 piece grinder

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
I
Try turning the grinder upside down so the ground flower doesn't fall thru and continues to be ground. Easy way to get finer grind and doesn't take long to figure out how many turns gets you grind size you want. Assuming this is a 3 or 4 piece grinder
i did try this, unfortunately didnโ€™t give me what I wanted. What Iโ€™m basically saying is like when the leftover material cakes on the edges along the screen of the grinder. Itโ€™a extremely fine, Iโ€™m not sure if this makes sense but in the past I used to have a HEAVY coin inside my grinder that produced this.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Last edited:

My_50p_worth

I do this! I grind mine to near powder. It helps if you really dry your material to a crisp before grinding, that way it breaks down much smaller. Iโ€™m sure the terp connoisseurs are cringing at that comment though

Iโ€™ve never weighed an XL bowl loaded with this nuclear dust but Iโ€™m certain itโ€™s closer to .3 than .2

A nice side effect is that you can pack with a little more density - the airflow is not affected due to the ultra fine grind

Two of those after work makes me forget I even have a job, two hours later I can just about have a Vapman bowl :lol:

Well worth trying

caseball2051

I'm using the second finest flower mill screen like with all my vapes.

It sounds like from other people's reports that I can just shove more material in there. Guess I'll give it a whirl sometime

Roffa

I'm using the second finest flower mill screen like with all my vapes.

It sounds like from other people's reports that I can just shove more material in there. Guess I'll give it a whirl sometime
I went the other route: i don't grind. I tear of a nug of about 0.1g and push that into the full bowl. I'll compact it a bit with my fingers to fit it. Remember, it's convection heavy, so you want the hot air circulating. I go for efficient extraction, not maximum cloudage

SillyNotMe

I started using a small plastic bottle filled with 190 proof to soak my mouthpiece, stems and spirals. It used to be a pocket sized hand sanitizer bottle.

I give the oven a wipe. Iโ€™ve never cleaned a chamber.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Hey everyone I just curious when you all ride the line do you stop heating o first or second click?
Without combustion.
I always stop at the 1st click, if its not dark enough i turn up the power on my torch a bit which gets me where i want a bit faster. If im using a torch that cant get the roast im looking for on the 1st click then i'll go to the 2nd click...John only put the 2nd disc in there just incase people missed the 1st click but if you know what your're doing then there's no reason why you can't go to the 2nd click.

for the XL chamber im finding a 35-40 second thermal battery click gives me a RTL hit
for half/full chamber a 20-25 sec thermal battery click gives me a RTL hit

both are with half open airflow and an inner flame length around the total length of the oven including battery

Ganjora

got a blazer firefox mini torch from the local vapestore to go with the anvil.
didn't work as advertised, so it's going back, but the hunt was on...
picked up something worth mention this afternoon.
costs double the firefox but its tank is also double the size.
it starts first click, the firefox never ever started.
a very happy day indeed!
it's not so much a lighter, more a power tool.

cptofnthng

a very happy day indeed!

That soundtrack is really awesome too. Instant buy.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
a very happy day indeed!

I like this one so much I ordered a backup. Under twenty bucks and can click on the copper or anywhere in under 25 seconds with a pointy, quiet single flame. Make sure you use fancy butane so it lights on the first try and doesn't sputter after refilling

RONXS Torch Lighter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NCCBWQS/

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Just curious @Whiff watching alot of ppl going to 2 clicks, but I stop at one and the second follows relatively fast.
Ya your giving it a good amount of heat, i find when using a smaller/wekaer flame the clicks are much further apart ( closer to 5+ sec) opposed to a larger/stronger flame ( 2 sec) with enough heat you can get them to click at the same time. Thats a good indicator of where you want to be

Greenleaf88

Ya your giving it a good amount of heat, i find when using a smaller/wekaer flame the clicks are much further apart ( closer to 5+ sec) opposed to a larger/stronger flame ( 2 sec) with enough heat you can get them to click at the same time. Thats a good indicator of where you want to be
Using a blazer Firefox amazing works great.

Greenleaf88,
Top Bottom