Anvil by Vestratto

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Big fat bong hits off the Anvil tonight 🐡🐡🐡

This is a nice spot at this first copper ring

2-CE4-AF0-B-18-F8-44-C9-8146-06-E8-E051-F7-E9.jpg

TeaCup

Watching this video.........John says you can twist the body to open or close for more airflow. Was this something on the older versions but not the finished product? Mine doesn't do this. Truth be told, I really don't need it. I certainly don't need less airflow, but curious if mines supposed to be able to do it.

Also wanted to say that I rode the line for the first time last night. Fucking disgusting. Never doing that again.

Last edited:

TeaCup

Someone described RTL as a roasted peanut taste.
Seriously? That actually sounds good, lol. Like not even joking here, I can't see anything wrong with a roasted peanut taste. If I read that, I'd be like, sweeeeet! No, not roasted peanut taste. And no, not everything tastes like 🐔 either.

Texus

Just got HD Goo Roo 3 piece. Stunner off both Halo and Herbo Ti (running off a dual bay ATM which I'm also loving BTW). About to introduce Anvil to it.

Couple important things to note about that piece:

1) ability to remove tube with diffuser will make cleaning much easier.
2) also means you can swap out diffuser type and/or take out diffuser tube and mod it (covering up some holes to affect draw for example)
3) I love that mouthpiece type. But if you don't you can just swap it out for a 18mm male shape you like. Or a whip.
4) but also pay attention to where you will keep it. Fully assembled, it is TALL. Once again a good thing the mouthpiece is removeable.

And stay tuned tomorrow for pics of my new kickass Anvil set-up.

Dynomatico

I smoked cigars for 20 years...very active online buying online,,,,trading,,..selling...was very active in a couple of forums for cigar smokers...those guys buy lighters...high end...and only use the best fuel...best place to buy is a retail established cigar store...good ones have smoking lounges and such...they will sell good quality fuel...my local has been around for 30 years...I dont buy cigars anymore but buy a ton of fuel from him...he sells Lucienne from England...7 bucks for large can...
Here on Amazon it is $15 for 3.3 oz. Is that a good price? For sure not available everywhere!
What would be your take on which one would be best if there is such a thing: the "Ronxs" [dual/single] or the "Blazer"?

As a side note, the industry amazes me! I am an old timer [very old!] and how all/some has changed! Induction~Combustion~Convection.... This and that, a gazillion vaporizers! Just reading here and there fills me with so much knowledge I must say!

Anyhow, Thank You.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Here on Amazon it is $15 for 3.3 oz. Is that a good price? For sure not available everywhere!
What would be your take on which one would be best if there is such a thing: the "Ronxs" [dual/single] or the "Blazer"?

As a side note, the industry amazes me! I am an old timer [very old!] and how all/some has changed! Induction~Combustion~Convection.... This and that, a gazillion vaporizers! Just reading here and there fills me with so much knowledge I must say!

Anyhow, Thank You.
I don't know where here is but I got four of these 8.5oz cans for $35:

Xikar PUROFINE Premium Butane Fuel Refill for Lighters, 8oz (4 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SW7TLC2/

I love the Ronx for the Anvil. I don't have the Blazer Firefox, I have the Blazer PT4000 and on max the flame isn't big enough to click fast anywhere on the Anvil heater. The Ronx doesn't light on first try reliably like the Blazers but it's a third of the price and is quieter than the Honest pencil torch two pack.

RONXS Torch Lighter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NCCBWQS/

Butane Torch Lighter 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G36RQW8/

@Highonu yeah man, welcome to Anville! Either of those cheap torches will dramatically improve the power and precision of the Anvil if 45 seconds is the fastest you can click with your current one

Last edited:

Aero

Raw Addict
I see those who registered on the first waitlist got their Anvil, I didn't get the mail to buy one.
chasing after John for more than 4.5 months to buy an Anvil even though I was registering to all his waiting lists.
bought the Brass shield+long mouthpiece 8 days ago and still no mail for the shipment.
Anybody has a straight Chanell with John and can maybe help me with that?

3xFantasyChamp

I see those who registered on the first waitlist got their Anvil, I didn't get the mail to buy one.
chasing after John for more than 4.5 months to buy an Anvil even though I was registering to all his waiting lists.
bought the Brass shield+long mouthpiece 8 days ago and still no mail for the shipment.
Odd. John has actually responded somewhat quickly to my e-mails when contacting him. Probably the only person here who really has direct ties to John is @Whiff. They both post here time to time.

My_50p_worth

Wow, that’s gotta be infuriating.

I don’t think anyone has got their 420 order shipped yet, I think it’s still somewhat in the dark as to what’s actually going on there

@Whiff is the only guy that really has a direct line to John so hopefully he’ll sort you out man

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Anyhow, Thank You.
I pay 7 bucks for 10 oz....would never consider ordering online...hard to find large cans online...

Comfortably Numb,

Texus

There is a separate thread about Anvil shipping. John has posted there and gave a specific email to reach out to about things like this there.

Texus,
Reactions: Aero

3xFantasyChamp

I thought I saw the Anvil Futostash to be out of stock on 4/20. Checked this morning and saw some were available. May have to pick up one of the Padauk ones. Has anyone here actually received one yet?
It came! I tried it with the Anvil at your (and SS's) inspiration and it cooled well but the oven is pretty close to your face. Not a big deal and I will use it together again, no doubt, but I'm also going to try it with my Couch Log which seems like it pulls really nicely through it with the glass bowl.
That heat going to eventually melt your eyeballs man! 👀 Lol I'm just messin'. TAG actually responded to me today and said that 9" Super Slit Donut isn't going to be re-stocked. It'll be made to order within 4 months or so. I may end up getting a Goo Roo large inline for now.

3xFantasyChamp,

coolbreeze

I thought I saw the Anvil Futostash to be out of stock on 4/20. Checked this morning and saw some were available. May have to pick up one of the Padauk ones. Has anyone here actually received one yet?

That heat going to eventually melt your eyeballs man! 👀 Lol I'm just messin'. TAG actually responded to me today and said that 9" Super Slit Donut isn't going to be re-stocked. It'll be made to order within 4 months or so. I may end up getting a Goo Roo large inline for now.
Man, that's a bummer about the TAG 9 but the Goo Roo will no doubt be awesome as well. I'm kind of surprised about going to special order only, I'd think that thing would fly off the shelf.

I have not received shipping notices for the Futostash or my Anvil accessories yet. 420 must have been something.

Oh, and yes, man, that thing is perilously close! Adds an aura of danger and excitement! As it turns out, the Calibear's really nice with my Hot Rod and Couch Log, you just have to hold it or set it sorta level with your face because @Shit Snacks was not even kidding about how droolie that frikkin mouthpiece is!

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

VincentTheHealer

I don't know about you guys, I think the Anvil is a great name to describe what it does, but when I'm talking about this device specifically (let's say my SO ask me about what device I used today) I rather say the brand name (as in "I used my Vestratto today"). Maybe it's because Anvil doesn't roll the tongue so easily in my native language. :sherlock:
Also I used a single flame torch for the last weeks, heating between both lower rings. Having a pretty weak torch (50 sec.+ on first heat cycle), this gave the best compromise between extraction level, flavour/harshness, and heat retention of the battery. I usually do one heat cycle for cinnamon brown abv which is good for me.
These past few days, I've been experimenting with my IH and I must say, as of yet it's a pretty different experience. I use an Ispire Wand with a nickel and a S&B capsule lid as a prop below the Anvil in the heater. It takes approximately 1min10 sec to click from a cold start and if left about 3-4 seconds passed the click, will give similar result to heating the middle ring with my torch. The hissing of the torch during heat-up doesn't bother me, but it can be inconvenient while with other people, so I don't really mind trading that for a longer heat-up time.

caseball2051

I got my anvil this week. Initial thoughs are very positive. Will post more thoroughly later with thoughts.

One immediate thought I'd like to share is about heat shield color choice.

I ordered a silver mist option because I just enjoyed the look.

I regret this whole heartedly.

The device gets real hot and passing the vape to another person would be much easier if the heat shield was a different color to indicate where it is safe to grab and touch.

This is personal opinion obviously, and it was a choice I made, but maybe something to consider for future buyers.

Last edited:

seki

I don't know about you guys, I think the Anvil is a great name to describe what it does, but when I'm talking about this device specifically (let's say my SO ask me about what device I used today) I rather say the brand name (as in "I used my Vestratto today"). Maybe it's because Anvil doesn't roll the tongue so easily in my native language.
Maybe it's my juvenile mind, but I sort of take the name to be an allusion to Wile E. Coyote. Metaphorically speaking, using one is kind of like dropping an anvil on your head.
wile-e-coyote.jpg

fogbank

Just completely killed another bowl with the Anvil and the UFO induction heater. Huge clouds, black ABV...RTL! This time I used 3 full heat cycles (so about 5-6 draws) and heated past the click each time. There are 3 limitations at this time:
  1. The heating timeout (10 seconds)
  2. The session timeout (5 heat cycles)
  3. Overheat protection
The workaround for the first is to heat 9 seconds (flashes) at a time. The workaround for the second (if necessary) is to power the device back on. I have only experienced the third limitation when using the bottomless glass tube in the UFO. The heating is significantly more aggressive with that tube, and a couple of times the UFO has flashed red and green and then shut down. Attempting to turn it back on results in a shutdown. Letting it cool (and possibly attaching it to a charger) allows it to operate normally again. I have only experienced this with the bottomless glass tube. With the standard tube I can heat to the click and beyond without any overheating. I normally hear the click during the fourth heat cycle, so I can heat to the end of the fourth heat cycle and even heat one more cycle before the session timeout kicks in. By that time I'm hitting the Anvil, and I can just turn the UFO back on for more heat cycles.

I consider the Anvil and the UFO a very satisfactory user experience. I'll probably upgrade that to a "great" user experience once I get my technique ironed out. On the last bowl I vaped a couple of hits, checked the ABV, heated again and took a couple of hits, checked the ABV, and then heated again and killed it. Not a bad way to vape. I am also going to see how close I can get to killing the bowl in one hit. I've done it once already.

One unknown is how this usage will affect the UFO (and the Black Shadow, which I've also used with the Anvil). So far it seems to be taking it pretty well. It doesn't seem to run down the batteries all that much. The funny thing is I got my Wand a couple of days ago and I only opened it today. I've just been having fun with the UFO :)

If anyone is on the fence about the Anvil because they don't like torches I would say that a "great" Anvil user experience with induction heaters cannot be too far off.

Top Bottom