Anvil by Vestratto

TooHightooFly52

So I'm curious. What does the XL mouthpiece exactly add to the experience? I have a very limited experience with this device, kind of just using it as an RTL experience. Not super flavorful or cool (in terms of vape temp) but I really cannot argue the potency of the effects nor the time management of a one hit and done vape.

Glorg

Could you try it with the airflow opened all the way (John recommended this) then let us know what the air flow is like?

Done it definitely was better with it more opened up, better taste on round two and perfect light but done roast, also ripped it on a rig this time.

Xl mouthpiece adds backend weight and a extra spiral for minimal extra cooling and debris catch. Feels like a roboblunt.

fogbank

I'm really enjoying the Anvil. Sticking with induction heating for now, easy to dial it in for a perfect dark brown roast in one hit. I've combusted once, so I know the limits. A second or two can make a difference in ABV color.

I have some minor complaints. I don't like the air adjustment device. I can get it to work, and I understand the principle. I don't like the fact that the air adjustment device isn't screwed tightly into the stem when assembled properly. I am able to assemble it correctly, and I am able to open and close the air intake by twisting the stem and visualizing the line in the window. I get that it works based on the threads in the stem turning. But it seems like I often need to take the stem off, reposition the air adjustment device, and reinsert it into the sleeve to get it back snug. Otherwise something seems to loosen and the stem turns a little. Also, when I turn the stem to adjust the airflow device it is a little rough and can squeak. I think adjusting the airflow is overly complicated and relies on pressure exerted by the user, rather than just an easy twisting action.

When properly assembled my unit still has a slight "wobble" if you grab the bowl and the stem and wiggle it. Nothing that seems to affect functionality, but just seems like it could be more solid in that area.

There are some machining imperfections on mine. There is a small but obvious burr on my thermal battery, on the side adjacent to the air intake valve. And I think the ends of the bowls could look a little more polished. Both the full bowl and half bowl that I received looked the same - not bad, but not polished.

It's still a great vape and is turning out to be more versatile than I thought. Great vapor, thorough extraction, easy to operate (as long as you're OK handling hot things).

3xFantasyChamp

So I'm curious. What does the XL mouthpiece exactly add to the experience? I have a very limited experience with this device, kind of just using it as an RTL experience. Not super flavorful or cool (in terms of vape temp) but I really cannot argue the potency of the effects nor the time management of a one hit and done vape.
XL mouthpiece is mostly for cooling and adding some weight for balance. It's supposed to emulate the feel of a blunt in your hand. The way the Anvil is now with the stock mouthpiece, it's top heavy. The XL mouthpiece has another spiral filter in it for cooling, to go along with the one that's already in the condenser (if you use it). It's mostly for those who like to take native hits off the Anvil and aren't using it on glass.

Teun420

I'm really enjoying the Anvil. Sticking with induction heating for now, easy to dial it in for a perfect dark brown roast in one hit. I've combusted once, so I know the limits. A second or two can make a difference in ABV color.

I have some minor complaints. I don't like the air adjustment device. I can get it to work, and I understand the principle. I don't like the fact that the air adjustment device isn't screwed tightly into the stem when assembled properly. I am able to assemble it correctly, and I am able to open and close the air intake by twisting the stem and visualizing the line in the window. I get that it works based on the threads in the stem turning. But it seems like I often need to take the stem off, reposition the air adjustment device, and reinsert it into the sleeve to get it back snug. Otherwise something seems to loosen and the stem turns a little. Also, when I turn the stem to adjust the airflow device it is a little rough and can squeak. I think adjusting the airflow is overly complicated and relies on pressure exerted by the user, rather than just an easy twisting action.

When properly assembled my unit still has a slight "wobble" if you grab the bowl and the stem and wiggle it. Nothing that seems to affect functionality, but just seems like it could be more solid in that area.

There are some machining imperfections on mine. There is a small but obvious burr on my thermal battery, on the side adjacent to the air intake valve. And I think the ends of the bowls could look a little more polished. Both the full bowl and half bowl that I received looked the same - not bad, but not polished.

It's still a great vape and is turning out to be more versatile than I thought. Great vapor, thorough extraction, easy to operate (as long as you're OK handling hot things).
Witch inducing heater are you using, if I may ask?

Teun420,

JPE

The time management is understated for sure with this and other hard hitting on demand vapes. Once I get 1-2 monster hits in like 2-3mins (back to back) I can go consume entertainment or get back to life really fast. Rather than trying to huff and puff large volume of session style vapour for similar (though different) effects.

TooHightooFly52

The time management is understated for sure with this and other hard hitting on demand vapes. Once I get 1-2 monster hits in like 2-3mins (back to back) I can go consume entertainment or get back to life really fast. Rather than trying to huff and puff large volume of session style vapour for similar (though different) effects.
That is exactly what drew me to the device. Normally after we put the kid to bed, clean everything up I'll vape to get tired (yay adhd lol). Normally this would involve my SSV or Herbo and 30ish minutes go by and it's midnight and I'll be up in 4 hours.

The Anvil changed that. Pack it up, heat it, hit it, off to bed I go. Seriously this device is freaking incredible.

3xFantasyChamp

That is exactly what drew me to the device. Normally after we put the kid to bed, clean everything up I'll vape to get tired (yay adhd lol). Normally this would involve my SSV or Herbo and 30ish minutes go by and it's midnight and I'll be up in 4 hours.

The Anvil changed that. Pack it up, heat it, hit it, off to bed I go. Seriously this device is freaking incredible.
Yeah that's definitely why I've gravitated towards the Anvil so much lately. It's way too easy it load it up then get those thick RTL hits that I personally like. My session is done fairly fast if I want it to.

Also, using this device really reminds me of my smoking days. Mostly because when I did smoke, I would always do one hitters/snappers out of my water pipe. The Anvil is exactly like that for me. Thick one hitter out of a water piece. Fast ritual and all that.

SillyNotMe

The time management is understated for sure with this and other hard hitting on demand vapes. Once I get 1-2 monster hits in like 2-3mins (back to back) I can go consume entertainment or get back to life really fast.
Getting it over with quick is handy.

The XL mouthpiece is a real hummer. Now to figure out a proper stash for it.

fogbank

Witch inducing heater are you using, if I may ask?
Mostly the UFO, occasionally the Black Shadow. I just got a Wand but haven't even powered it up yet.

I also like consuming the whole bowl in 1-2 big hits (really 1 because #2 is almost non-existent). Once it's heated it's really fast to kill a bowl, and it's not hard to empty or load. I don't like trying to load it when it's hot, so the cool down period is probably the longest part of the whole process. I let that happen in the tube and in the drawer.

fogbank,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Mostly the UFO, occasionally the Black Shadow. I just got a Wand but haven't even powered it up yet.

I also like consuming the whole bowl in 1-2 big hits (really 1 because #2 is almost non-existent). Once it's heated it's really fast to kill a bowl, and it's not hard to empty or load. I don't like trying to load it when it's hot, so the cool down period is probably the longest part of the whole process. I let that happen in the tube and in the drawer.
If you unscrew the herb chamber and leave it on the magnet it cools off fairly quickly, cooldown click happens in 10 sec or so and good to touch within 30 sec i would say

SillyNotMe

5th chamber into the XL mouthpiece. It’s warm. The stem is molten. I’m…5 chambers in. XL mouthpiece is good to me. It’s balanced. Feels good in my mouth and drops into my mason jar bong nicely. I doubled checked that last part about dropping into a downstem. I might be five chambers in, but I think it fits better than the User mouthpiece. Could be the weight pulling it down. Could be me five chambers deep.

Last edited:

RedZep

For me this is the sole reason it's became my workhorse vape. The heat soak time and electricity cost of my flowerpot seem superfluous now. I use the FP as a weekend session device since I got the Anvil. It's been like this for months and I don't see it changing.

vaping herbs

For what are the "super o-ring kit" about for the XL herb chamber?

vaping herbs,

3xFantasyChamp

For what are the "super o-ring kit" about for the XL herb chamber?

Nothing really special about that O-ring kit. It has the same rings as the Anvil O-Ring Replacement Kit. The only difference is the Super Kit has more quantities of O-rings in the kit.

Example:

Anvil O-Ring Replacement Kit - contains: 8x1mm Viton - 4 per Pack
Super O-Ring Kit - contains: 8x1mm Viton - 8 per Pack

Stonedbadger

How is everyone packing their anvil?

I was packing my .1g bowl by scooping in the weed, then giving it a light tamp. which gave a really nice toasted hit.

But by packing the same bowl by jamming/ramming it into my medium grind hg I get a much thicker and denser hit. I think I have been a little bit too lightly packed

Roffa

How is everyone packing their anvil?

I was packing my .1g bowl by scooping in the weed, then giving it a light tamp. which gave a really nice toasted hit.

But by packing the same bowl by jamming/ramming it into my medium grind hg I get a much thicker and denser hit. I think I have been a little bit too lightly packed
I tear off little nugs and cram them in

Top Bottom