Anvil by Vestratto

coolbreeze

The mental image of such a setup is killing me :rofl:
AolvwBCCGVRpUWvbvZnKJZ7tqrR3ahzZftyQOLKJ.png

kilo

I'll bet that an optical engineer could determine the exact diameter and magnification for the mirror and its performance would compare with a torch. It was using a torch outdoors and not being able to see the flame that gave me the idea!

3xFantasyChamp

I can't wait for this XL bowl to arrive for my XL tolerance. Keep telling myself to chill off the Anvil, but baby those THICC hits keep me coming back for more. 👽🤘

What I really need now is some proper glass. Living on the edge by having the Anvil sit in my glass, next to my face lol. Don't feel like spending a whole lot. Time to go down a glass rabbit hole.

3xFantasyChamp,

coolbreeze

I'll bet that an optical engineer could determine the exact diameter and magnification for the mirror and its performance would compare with a torch. It was using a torch outdoors and not being able to see the flame that gave me the idea!
I think you're on to something! Imagine the king of manually-heated cylindrical vapes, the hyper-anvil:
Crescent-dunes-3.jpg

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

coolbreeze

I can't wait for this XL bowl to arrive for my XL tolerance. Keep telling myself to chill off the Anvil, but baby those THICC hits keep me coming back for more. 👽🤘

What I really need now is some proper glass. Living on the edge by having the Anvil sit in my glass, next to my face lol. Don't feel like spending a whole lot. Time to go down a glass rabbit hole.
Goo Roo 3-piece or 3-pc HD! Not cheap but not bad either.
...Also shiny metal will reflect most IR and copper is even used as an IR shield.
So, what your saying is we should try it on a cloudy day? This is so complicated!

Last edited:

kilo

What I really need now is some proper glass. Living on the edge by having the Anvil sit in my glass, next to my face lol.
I know how that feels – I had a sidecar bubbler that worked great – until I touched a hot spot on the Anvil and knocked it onto a concrete floor. Okay, regroup – got out another bubbler but this one meant my face was about four inches away from the flame. Luckily I had an adapter that put the unit in a much better position.

3xFantasyChamp

Goo Roo 3-piece or 3-pc HD! Not cheap but not bad either.

So, what your saying is we should try it on a cloudy day? This is so complicated!
Yeah I've definitely been looking at Goo Roo and Calibear. I'll look in to that glass thread to see what I can find. I want one of those straight FAB's but I'm not sure what those shipping times are looking like right now. May have to wait.

3xFantasyChamp,
Reactions: Crust

coolbreeze

Yeah I've definitely been looking at Goo Roo and Calibear. I'll look in to that glass thread to see what I can find. I want one of those straight FAB's but I'm not sure what those shipping times are looking like right now. May have to wait.
I've been waiting on my full-fab for about 2 weeks and they're saying maybe tomorrow, so not too bad. I have been warned that the neck is restrictive, too much so for some. I'm hoping it won't be too bad, but it also apparently works very nicely as a dry piece.

EDIT: The Calibear arrived! I tried it with the half-bowl and it works surprisingly well: the constriction had bubbles climbing the tube and the cooling was significant! Flavor was not as front and center as I've noticed with other pieces. I could really feel the heat roasting my eyeball, but not so bad it's a deal-killer. I got another one after all.

The Goo Roo large inline looks awesome for heavyish hitting. I want to recommend the TAG 9" superslit donut vapor bong because it is just the greatest piece all around, but it's currently out of stock. The whip is still available and pairs real nicely with the GR 3-piece for add'l distance.

Edit: if you like hand-holdable form factor, this thing is awesome and would be great with an Anvil, I bet:

Last edited:

RedZep

Please review that thing once you get it. I missed the sale and in desperate to know how it functions.

Weedaholic

Anyone any idea when the XL mouthpiece and bowl will be back in stock ?
Cant use this at the moment as it gets way to hot to handle for me...i'm doing back to back bowls to get medicated as the bowl is to small for me And i am after burning me fingers to a crisp about 20 times.

3xFantasyChamp

I've been waiting on my full-fab for about 2 weeks and they're saying maybe tomorrow, so not too bad. I have been warned that the neck is restrictive, too much so for some. I'm hoping it won't be too bad, but it also apparently works very nicely as a dry piece.

The Goo Roo large inline looks awesome for heavyish hitting. I want to recommend the TAG 9" superslit donut vapor bong because it is just the greatest piece all around, but it's currently out of stock. The whip is still available and pairs real nicely with the GR 3-piece for add'l distance.

Edit: if you like hand-holdable form factor, this thing is awesome and would be great with an Anvil, I bet:
I like it! I can't decide between that or the goo roo large inline now 🤔

3xFantasyChamp,

RedZep

I know it's been said, but I want to echo that everyone ought to try heating half way down, native with full bowl. Flavoursome, dense, yet cool. One of my favourite vape hits of all time.

You can then put the bowl through a finish up cycle heating at the battery if so inclined.

The potential flavourhits with the 0.2g bowl are exciting.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Anyone any idea when the XL mouthpiece and bowl will be back in stock ?
Cant use this at the moment as it gets way to hot to handle for me...i'm doing back to back bowls to get medicated as the bowl is to small for me And i am after burning me fingers to a crisp about 20 times.
The Xl mouthpiece and Chambers are back in stock April 29th

coolbreeze

I like it! I can't decide between that or the goo roo large inline now 🤔
The TAG 8 hammerhead? That one I have and I enjoy using it. It's a bit chuggy with very much water so I barely cover the perc for use with torch vapes, but it roars with a bit more, and for its size it cools really well. It's fun. For the Anvil, it will keep it good and far away from your face, and it's small enough to capture the flavor and probably frothy enough to cool and moisturize it pretty well. I'll have to try it later myself. It's almost comically stout in terms of glass thickness v. size and you may have to register it as a deadly weapon in your jurisdiction.

The large inline I can't speak to other than to say I see them everywhere and people really seem to like them. I'd get one but for shelf space.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

jbm

The large inline I can't speak to other than to say I see them everywhere and people really seem to like them. I'd get one but for shelf space.
I have one. I've been using it the past few days with an Anvil. It's pretty good, but I still prefer the TAG 9 with the superslit donut.

3xFantasyChamp

The TAG 8 hammerhead? That one I have and I enjoy using it. It's a bit chuggy with very much water so I barely cover the perc for use with torch vapes, but it roars with a bit more, and for its size it cools really well. It's fun. For the Anvil, it will keep it good and far away, and it's small enough to capture the flavor and probably frothy enough to cool and moisturize it pretty well. I'll have to try it later myself.

Yep, I think that's a cool piece (The TAG hammerhead).
I have one. I've been using it the past few days with an Anvil. It's pretty good, but I still prefer the TAG 9 with the superslit donut.
Dang, that's two votes for the TAG 9. Wonder when it will be back in stock.

3xFantasyChamp,

coolbreeze

Yep, I think that's a cool piece (The TAG hammerhead).

Dang, that's two votes for the TAG 9. Wonder when it will be back in stock.
I'd ask them and/or put in a notification request and keep an eye on it. Maybe they'll tell you and I'm sure they'd unload a few more here if they built them. They really are that good as a larger-volume vapor bong. Surprisingly tasty despite the volume, excellent cooling.

3xFantasyChamp

I'd ask them and/or put in a notification request and keep an eye on it. Maybe they'll tell you and I'm sure they'd unload a few more here if they built them. They really are that good as a larger-volume vapor bong. Surprisingly tasty despite the volume, excellent cooling.
Cool, just turned on the email notifications and sent them a quick email. Asked if they knew a of a timeframe when it'd be available. Thank you for showing me that piece.

Hope that Calibear was worth the wait! Those pieces look real nice.

coolbreeze

Hope that Calibear was worth the wait! Those pieces look real nice.
It came! I tried it with the Anvil at your (and SS's) inspiration and it cooled well but the oven is pretty close to your face. Not a big deal and I will use it together again, no doubt, but I'm also going to try it with my Couch Log which seems like it pulls really nicely through it with the glass bowl.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes
The Goo Roo large inline is the only glass piece I own right now and I can confirm it works well with the Anvil. Works well for all of my vapes actually. It’s a solid and versatile piece for vaping IMO, but I’m not a big glass guy and don’t have much to compare with.

fogbank

ABV from the Anvil using the UFO induction heater:

anvil-ABV-UFO-20220427.jpg

The UFO originally shipped with 3 interchangeable glass tubes. One has thicker glass, so a smaller ID, which works well with DVs because there is less "wobble". The Anvil will not fit in that tube. It will fit in the other two glass tubes since they have thinner glass and a larger ID. Of the two tubes in which the Anvil will fit, one has no glass bottom. It is intended to be used with the included silicone spacers. The other has a glass bottom, creating a cup, and therefore a physical barrier that prevents the Anvil from going further into the tube. Even with the "bottomless" tube the Anvil only goes in as far as the metal collar below the oven and above the air adjustment device. That "collar" will not fit in the tube.

The ABV above was produced using the "bottomless" cup. In DV terms that would mean the most aggressive heating because the device is further into the heater, resulting in heating lower on the oven/battery (sorry not real clear on the terms yet).

I heated the Anvil in 9 seconds cycles, using the heater's flash to indicate one second. I removed the Anvil after 9 flashes so the heater wouldn't reset, then immediately re-inserted it. In this case, with the "bottomless" tube, I never heard the click. I heated for 5 cycles, had to reset the UFO, then heated for another 2 cycles. I could see vapor streaming from the Anvil so I pulled it from heater and took a medium strength long draw. Huge cloud, slightly charred flavor, ABV as shown above. Of course I also got really high.

This is after vaping several bowls with the UFO and the Black Shadow induction heaters previously. The Anvil will fit in the Black Shadow out of the box. The Black Shadow does not have any way to adjust the depth of the tube. I used a similar technique with the Black Shadow, using 9 second heating cycles. The Anvil sits quite a bit higher in the Black Shadow compared to the "bottomless" tube configuration of the UFO, so heating would be considered "less aggressive" in DV terms. With the Black Shadow I heard the click sometime during the fourth heating cycle, so somewhere around 36 seconds of total heating. When I respected the click I got a couple of medium sized clouds and very light tan/green ABV (and I also got really high). When I messed around with heating after the click I got slightly larger clouds and slightly darker ABV, but not by much. I am really trying to avoid combustion in the Anvil.

I also vaped a bowl using the "standard" UFO tube (the UFO no longer ships with exchangeable glass tubes). I heard the click sometime during the fourth heating cycle. I got a nice big cloud and tan ABV (and I also got really high).

The earlier bowls had a much stronger convection taste and feel, with light ABV and moderate/large clouds (and I also got really high). The last bowl with the ABV shown above had a much stronger conduction taste and feel, with super dark ABV and huge clouds (and I also got really high).

I think I'll keep experimenting with the induction heaters. When I got the Anvil I tried 3 bowls with the cheap 3 flame heater that came with my DV welcome kit. I have to say that it was easier than I thought it would be. Huge clouds and dark ABV on my first 3 tries!

EDIT: The batteries on the heaters don't seem to be "drained" after using them with the Anvil. They still flash green when I turn them on, and re-charge quickly afterwards.

Top Bottom